April 16, 2014 | 977 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This has potential to be a great makeup but the shade and texture have let me down - this is so creamy yet turns almost too powdery and clings to every flaw on the face (a bit like dream mousse) and the shade looked great (porcelain 110) super pale and yellow toned but on the skin it turns pinky white and the red pigment is so prominent on me that where I swatched it has turned red long after the makeup has worn off. A no-go for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I used the Covergirl concealer stick, and liked it...but it left my face feeling a little extra oily, and I'd usually need some powder to touch-up nose/forehead/chin. I hated that fact, because I'm really not a fan of wearing makeup.

This one goes on very smooth, and it's super easy to blend into my skin. It's not shine-free like advertised, but it reduced shine a little.

Great for touch-ups, and covering up blemishes/redness. Also great if you're like me, too lazy to put much make up on. (Seriously, I just put on a touch of stick, then maybe some mascara. Then I'm out the door)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hmhanke89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually quite like this product as a contour stick. Saw a Youtube tutorial from smlx0 using it that way, and for me it works! I think I bought the second darkest shade and utilize it with either the Dream Lumi concealer in Radiant or Age Rewind dark circle concealer in Fair for a highlight/contour effect. I haven't tried it in my actual skin color as a foundation, so I can't speak to that, but it does make a quite natural contour (blend, blend, blend!) Can turn orangey if I use too much but it's buildable so start light and add more. Now that I'm pale again (hello winter!) I'm going back to Ulta soon to get a lighter contour shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by DulceBelen

It works great for my oily skin! And it looks incredibly natural, however, I feel that it won't work great for girls with skin on the dry side. It isn't entirely shine free as it claims, but it works well for a drug store product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by mwuah908

Okay product. It was very promising and I wished it worked out for me. It was difficult for me to find a shade because it didn't have the yellow undertones I was hoping for. It also made me very oily :( Really easy to apply and blend though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Lrc1024

So I usually never wear face makeup. But I decided cause I was going to a party. Anyways this stuff is decent. I love how it doesn't look cakey no matter how much I put on! I used it to hide some acne scars & it really did a good job evening out my skin. I have pretty oily skin and this almost felt like a clay like texture but I did like it. Love how it's so easy to blend and the packaging is perfect. Cute and easy to carry around for touch ups! It felt like I wasn't wearing any makeup and that's what I loved. It's light but build able coverage which is good cause I did add extra in problem areas. Def would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm all about convenience, so love the concept of a foundation stick. Since multiple brands were introducing their own foundation sticks this year, I thought I might do a trial run with Maybelline's more cost-effective version before diving into a more expensive product.

Pros:
- I swatched the colour (#110) in the drugstore and it matched my skin fairly well. Since I have pinky undertones to my very fair skin, it's hard to find a shade of foundation that isn't meant for more yellow undertones.
- The packaging, obviously, is ideal. Something you can just throw in your bag and you don't have to worry about leaking, or bulkiness.
- Since the foundation comes in the form of a stick it is fairly multi-purpose. I could swipe it under my eyes to use as a concealer if I wanted to.

Cons:
- The formula provides extremely light coverage and actually manages to highlight the dry skin around my forehead.
- The application is also fairly streaky and hard to blend. I can't tell whether it is because my skin is too dry, but I am pretty diligent in my skincare routine that it shouldn't be too hard to blend in any sort of product.

Overall, the foundation stick is a good idea in theory, but Maybelline's execution of it was poor. I'm not entirely abandoning the idea, but I'm definitely considering more high end brands for the next time around.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Sophiee1806

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been wanting to try this out for a few weeks and bought it a few days ago. i like it, I'm in a rush most mornings and its so much easier to apply that a liquid. the coverage is good enough and if you blend it in properly, theres really no need for concealer.

i have dry skin around my nose, and it didn't do that any justice, but so far i haven't found a foundation that does, so it didn't really bother me.
it definitely isn't anti-shine though, so i have to put a powder on top to set it and keep it on all day, otherwise it does fade, like most foundations though.
its a great size, so i can just put it in my bag, and if i do need to touch up during the day, its very quick and easy
for a drugstore brand, and for the price, i think its a pretty good product overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by MellyRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so sick of liquid foundations so I thought What could be easier than a stick?!
It IS easier. Just glide on and blend with your finger. Although I have to mention that color matching was a toughy. I had to pick 210 which is a bit too light for me, but then the next shade was a bit too dark...
PROs: It is easy to apply and FAST too. I use it all the time because usually there's no one to impress so why not? ;)

CONs:
I do have to say that the whole "This thing doesn't move an inch because it has a shine-free core" is a bit overrated. It WILL because shiny on my nose. So I don't even use it on my nose cuz it is sure to become oily there. I use it on the cheek area around my nose and it works fine there. At first when you apply it, it seems a bit too dry. But over the day it will become more...normal looking. It doesn't become SUPER oily or shiny for me on my cheek area, but just a little bit, but I like that because at least it doesn't look dry. That's just my preference.

Overall I love it mostly because its fast and easy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by BigBeauty

I really wanted to like this product, but it made my face cakey and dry. It looked terrible. Especially around my nose area. The coverage was pretty decent and it masked my dark under eye circles. Still not worth the time or money. Two thumbs down.