Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This pencil is a hard pencil so you have to use some pressure. It's way too warm for my tastes; I purchased the light brown. Because of that I still use it and then use a Clinique brown shadow I have over it. This cuts out the warmth and creates a lasting brow.

I have medium brown hair and naturally dark brown eyebrows. I've been looking for a dark brown brow pencil/powder that wasn't too dark (black) but not red or orange either. I don't really fill in my brows so much as I extend them a little bit on the ends. I used Maybelline's define-a-brow in dark brown for a while but I still found it just a little tiny bit too warm - it's hard to describe, but it was just a little too orangey-brown.

I finally tried this pencil on a whim because I have a soft spot for self-sharpening brow pencils. This time I tried the black velvet shade and I was pleasantly surprised to find it a really dark ashy brown (not a true black). I think if I put it over my whole brows it would be too much, but just a little at the ends is perfect! No more orangey eyebrow tails ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once upon a time this was my go to liner. I, along with all my girlfriends at school, purchased these because they came two to a package, for very little money and unlike other far creamier, though even less expensive pencils we could have purchased, this stayed on hour after hr with one caveat, we first melted the tip a bit with a lighter or match. I know, hot like molten lava anything should not go near the eyes, but I always waited until it almost solidified again, then applied. I don't see this in stores generally or I would buy it again. I know many who use it for brows as un-melted it stays in place a long time. I have thick brows and have never used it in that capacity. I love the red pencil too, glad to see not everything changes! so lady-like and classic!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

PROS:
- waterproof
- super cheap (2 pencils cost around three dollars)
- has a very wide color range
- lasts a really long time

CONS:
-can feel very stiff and dry at times (it helps if you warm it up on your hand)
- packageing breaks easily(the lids don't always stay on)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first started out with makeup, I bought two of these eye pencils in black. I know what you're thinking, but don't worry - I realized pretty soon what a faux pas it was to use black eyebrow pencils when you don't have black hair. And guess what? I haven't learned my lesson, anyway! I still use them, a VERY VERY light application. I love them! Fills in my brows, makes them nice and dark, but not overly so. Doesn't last TOO long throughout the day, but I suppose I could bring my pencil with me if it mattered that much. Meh.

I will use up the last of my pencil (I can't throw makeup away, ladies, I just can't!) and try again with lighter colors. I don't know if I should buy this brand again - I've only tried one eyebrow pencil, I think I should try other options. It might work very well for you! I suggest that you try, at least!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the longest time, I was using the darker shade of L'Oreal Classic Khaki eyeshadow to do my brows. It worked perfectly when I was dyeing my hair black. Now that I'm getting older, I decided to go back to my natural hair color--medium/light brown with a strong natural dark blonde highlight. I needed a blonde pencil as it is the only thing that looks natural now. I picked these up on a whim-- 3.49 for two not on sale is a pretty sweet price. I actually like the pencil. It has a firm texture, and I don't have to sharpen but every other use. When I was little, my grandmother used these. I think she actually still does. The thing I really like about this pencil is it doesn't have a warm tone to it. I've never seen an eyebrow pencil that is cool-toned, but my brows are very ashy...so I need it. Overall, I've gone through a few packages of these babies, and I'll keep using them unless I find something better that isn't like 20 bucks.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

These are brow pencils that I always seem to return to. I love them and they blend very well. I like the size, which makes them perfect for my makeup bag. Would repurchase again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this was my HG back in the day.. i was an over plucking fiend. i had different shapes constantly, from thick to Sharpie, and then wait for them to grow back.. i miss the Discontinued Charcoal Grey. it was the only color i wore.. i have naturally black hair, and the regular black in this line was too harsh, no matter how lightly i applied it.. for the love of God, please bring this one back, or make a pencil with no red in it.. i have tried brand after brand, and nothing ever compared to this...

Honestly one of the worst makeup products I have ever used, and that's saying something! It was difficult to apply as it kept smudging and streaking, had a very obvious "I lined my brows" look, the color was off, and it didn't even last an hour. Luckily I take my m/u with me for touch-ups, because I needed definitely needed them. I spent the entire day refilling in my brows every couple of hours. They looked awful. I will never buy again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

The shade I bought was orangey warm brown and my brows are a cool brown. It def didn't match well at all but the pencil itself stays put and applys perfect. It's not super creamy and is perfect for making single tiny lines(like you want for filling brows). It says eyeliner also on the package but you'd seriously have to tug at your skin like crazy to line your eyes with these. I would buy another shade to try someday, but will just stick with powder for now.

Popular Brows Products