Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 10/28/2011 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For the longest time, I was using the darker shade of L'Oreal Classic Khaki eyeshadow to do my brows. It worked perfectly when I was dyeing my hair black. Now that I'm getting older, I decided to go back to my natural hair color--medium/light brown with a strong natural dark blonde highlight. I needed a blonde pencil as it is the only thing that looks natural now. I picked these up on a whim-- 3.49 for two not on sale is a pretty sweet price. I actually like the pencil. It has a firm texture, and I don't have to sharpen but every other use. When I was little, my grandmother used these. I think she actually still does. The thing I really like about this pencil is it doesn't have a warm tone to it. I've never seen an eyebrow pencil that is cool-toned, but my brows are very ashy...so I need it. Overall, I've gone through a few packages of these babies, and I'll keep using them unless I find something better that isn't like 20 bucks.

on 10/18/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

These are brow pencils that I always seem to return to. I love them and they blend very well. I like the size, which makes them perfect for my makeup bag. Would repurchase again and again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this was my HG back in the day.. i was an over plucking fiend. i had different shapes constantly, from thick to Sharpie, and then wait for them to grow back.. i miss the Discontinued Charcoal Grey. it was the only color i wore.. i have naturally black hair, and the regular black in this line was too harsh, no matter how lightly i applied it.. for the love of God, please bring this one back, or make a pencil with no red in it.. i have tried brand after brand, and nothing ever compared to this...

Honestly one of the worst makeup products I have ever used, and that's saying something! It was difficult to apply as it kept smudging and streaking, had a very obvious "I lined my brows" look, the color was off, and it didn't even last an hour. Luckily I take my m/u with me for touch-ups, because I needed definitely needed them. I spent the entire day refilling in my brows every couple of hours. They looked awful. I will never buy again.

on 7/31/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

The shade I bought was orangey warm brown and my brows are a cool brown. It def didn't match well at all but the pencil itself stays put and applys perfect. It's not super creamy and is perfect for making single tiny lines(like you want for filling brows). It says eyeliner also on the package but you'd seriously have to tug at your skin like crazy to line your eyes with these. I would buy another shade to try someday, but will just stick with powder for now.

on 7/30/2011 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product in black and I've only used it on my eyebrows. In the past I have used it as an eyeliner but as an eyeliner it did not do good job staying on. Putting it on it is really good but the product smudged on my eyes throughout the day. And not to mention it pretty much irritated my eyes. Since then I stopped using it as an eyeliner and just used it as a brow pencil. Hope this helped :]

on 7/13/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm a loyal brown fantatic. I've tried many-a-brow pencils and these compact red cuties have become my go-to brow buddies for quite a while. What I love is that the color goes on evenly and smoothly. For extra oomph, I keep them in my fridge, so I can get a sharp arch every single time. The shades are nice, but if you are blonde or a redhead, you might have to go in between shades to get the desired shade you want.

The only setback is you have to sharpen them with every use, or else the pencil will budge on your brows. Oh! and before I forget, this pencil is a great multi-tasker, you can use it not only on your brows, but also on your eyes and lips! what a great way to save money!

And did I mention you get TWO for the price of ONE in every package? *yippie!* This product will be in my MU bag for years to come.

on 6/28/2011 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I really like how it was cheap and came with two pencils. I must say, it has an orangey looked to it and I got the dark brown which was a big NO for me. I like more of a natural look. Definitely will not be repurchasing.

on 4/29/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Great stuff! Used this one since my 20's. I have black-brown hair and so I use the black shade, because they don't have darkest brown (or off black).

CON: If you have really dark, dark hair (like mine) you should just use black. There's none in between (they only go black or dark brown). No darkest brown. But it's still great.

on 2/19/2011 1:49:00 PM

I use this in Blonde to define my brows. I consider it HG. It's a perfect color match for me and I imagine it would work for most blondes. It doesn't have any red or grey tinge to it like some other blonde pencils I've tried. I find the consistency too hard for use as an eyeliner, but for a brow pencil it's great. Not too hard, not too soft. It wears all day on me. These pencil are cheap, widely available, and they've been around since at least the 1920s, so they're not likely to be discontinued anytime soon. I've tried Maybelline's Define-a-Brow also, but I prefer the Expert Eyes because the color is a better match for me and I can sharpen them to a fine point that I can't get with an automatic pencil like Define-
a-Brow.