November 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Whipped Creme Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only had this a few days but so far I'm happy. I have dry skin and this foundation felt very light and creamy. I am very pleased with the texture. The color comes off a bit on your hands but I dont touch my face much so not an issue. I had trouble getting the correct shade at first. I think I'm close to Classic Ivory . I at first thought it was too light but after wearing Creamy Natural I decided that it is a bit darker than my neck, barely, so I'm mixing lightest shade, ivory with creamy natural. I'm really in love with airy creamy texture. This foundation feels moisturizing, which I need especially in the winter. It may oxidize slightly. After 9-10hrs I feel shade still matches me well but sometimes is a bit darker. Very slight though, I didn't turn orange at all. I don't think oily skin girls will like the creaminess of this. But for dry skin and/or dry air it feels great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by guitarheroine91

I bought this product in Classic Ivory because I have cool skin that does well with pink tones and not so well with yellow. This may have appeared pink in the jar but on my face it was very orangey and you could tell it wasn't the same color as my neck. I was very disappointed as the foundation itself was smooth and mattifying and a little went a long way. It just appears it's not available in a shade that matches my skin. I'm now giving CG Clean Makeup for Sensitive Skin in the shade Ivory a try. I always thought I had more color, but I think that's just because my cheeks are so rosy I didn't realize how pale my skin actually is. Oh well, better luck next time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by durbavil9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, let me say, I LOVE the smell of this! It's absolutely delicious, and makes me smile each time I brush it on around my nose!

Moving on!

This is a pretty good foundation for people who live in drier climates and need a medium/light coverage formula. Humidity is a big no no, this stuff'll melt right off!

My personal experience so far has been something along the lines of "looks great for about 3 hours and progressively gets more and more opaque". Which is fine, because I really only need light coverage, but for someone who's looking for a medium coverage from here to next tuesday I would NOT recommend this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by brittanysc1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up at Target (Okay, I was drawn in by the Hunger Games display) and could not be happier with it. In full disclosure, I am a huge fan of non-traditional forms of foundation (whipped, mousse, etc.) This is definitely a "made-up" look for me because i use a brush, but I'm certain you could sheer it out with the Beauty Blender if you preferred. I set it with powder, but it does a pretty good job of keeping me matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

Loving this foundation! For me, the biggest challenge is finding a foundation that matches my fair-ish warm toned skin. Buff beige is perfect for me! (Though I tried the same shade in a liquid foundation and it was too light...hmm.) But really, this is a really nice, light foundation. I just take a little bit from the jar, rub it on my fingers, and apply with them. After that, I go over it with a beauty blender if necessary and top with Rimmel's stay matte powder. I can't complain- it blends beautifully, is very inexpensive, and matches my skin tone perfectly. Repurchasing for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by JaydeLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It blends so well and goes on so smoothly. I have acne prone skin and also quite a bit of scarring from my years of hormonal breakout so unfortunately it's hard for me to leave the house with nothing on my face, I always need a bit of coverage to not feel self conscious. This is perfect when I want something quick to even out my skin tone, but the coverage is also build-able for when I do a full face.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by StefyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The formula of this foundation is great. Super light, good coverage, nice finish, but unfortunately the color selection isn't there. I find this a problem with covergirl cosmetics. Way too pink. I'm fair/light with warmer undertones and unfortunately the perfect shade for me in covergirl doesn't exist. I bought 310 classic ivory because original ivory is way too light. Classic ivory is very pink and just not a good match. It's a shame I really liked this and the price is great. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by toshashea

I agree 100% with Simone101 at the bottom. This stuff is like a miracle in a jar, and not to point out the obvious, but what a great NAME for this product "Clean". I have never worn a foundation that made my face feel so clean. It doesn't feel like it clogs my pores at all, which is extremely important to me because I have dealt with acne spots the last 10 years, struggling between too oily and too dry. I don't understand all the negative reviews, maybe people weren't applying it correctly, OR maybe it just works on certain skin types and not on others.

I use a cosmetic sponge wedge to apply (after using cosmetic wedge to apply my moisturizer/sunscreen), with just a dab of foundation at the edge of the sponge. Only takes like 4 dabs to lightly cover my whole face, can use a little more to conceal blemishes. I have learned over the years, you really should NEVER apply makeup/lotion to your face with your FINGERS!!! Not only do you transfer germs that do not help in the fight against blemishes, but the oils from your fingers WILL mix with the chemicals in the makeup as well as the oil on your face and will leave you feeling oily, will cause the makeup to not last as long, will leave smears, you may rub off too much in your attempt to blend it in... USE COSMETIC WEDGES!!! or something that is NOT your fingers.

Oh and, this stuff lasts me ALLLLL day but then again, I work a desk job so I hardly sweat so, maybe that's why.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has a lovely and light feeling both on your fingertips and more importantly, on your face. The finish is not oily or greasy at all and makes my slightly oily to normal skin look flawless with a matte finish. I gave it only four lippies due to the fact that there is no sunscreen. But heck, I can always wear my Olay underneath this. Great year-round product that despite its thick consistency, goes on and stays on beautifully, even in humidity. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Mviera4

Love this product! Love the coverage and the way it makes my skin look! Looks perfect with my Laura mercier oil free primer and mac mineralize skin finish over it. Love this foundation