April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by riandawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

my hg foundation :) i can be somewhat oily, but this lasts throughout the day (with my elf face primer & elf hd powder) giving me the perfect natural finish. the texture is amazing and the coverage is medium/buildable for my skin. i hope covergirl keeps this one for awhile, i think its their best product!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Paola620

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is very tricky itself. Yes it gives a nice coverage and it feels nice but the only issue is that my skin is sometimes dry which makes my face seem flaky since the consistency is not liquid but mousse. It does last up to 5 hrs which is great for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am really digging this foundation. I bought it on a whim at my local CVS for around $10. I've had a love/hate relationship with mousse foundations in the past, but I've been using Cover Girl's Aqua Smooth cream foundation for years (for days that I feel I need more coverage or a matte finish) and Classic Ivory matches my skin perfectly, so I figure I'd give this new mousse foundation a shot.

It comes in a nice glass pot with a plastic lid. It's definitely not a foundation that you can just throw in your purse for touch ups throughout the day unless you don't mind toting around a heavy glass pot.

The texture of this foundation is very whipped and creamy. I was afraid that it might do that "pilling" thing where the foundation kinda clumps up, however it doesn't do that at all. I dab my (clean) middle finger into the pot and apply a small dab to my forehead, chin, cheeks and nose and then begin blending it in.

For such a thick, creamy foundation it blends flawlessly without looking heavy or caked. The finish is a really nice light matte that looks really natural and fresh. It really is a dream to blend and the coverage is surprisingly more of a full coverage. It's really nice to find a full coverage foundation that doesn't make me look older. Also, I haven't had any problems with it settling into fine lines and it really smooths out the appearance of pores.

The wear is also really good. I set it with a translucent powder on my t-zone and under my eyes and Im good for the rest of the day. I haven't worn it during workouts or anything so I don't know if it would hold up, however it survived an entire day at Disneyland.

Since a little bit goes a long way it'll prob be awhile before I need to repurchase, and I definitely like it enough to do so. I hope it does well enough for CG to keep this in their line for good.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by vicky4041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall a good foundation for the money. I wear Color 355 Soft Honey but I think I could go to the tan shade but the local Walmart was sold out of it. Blends well with a make up brush. I have normal skin with some dry patches so in some places it dried too matte and others perfect. It lasts all day for me using a primer with it. For the money, it's hard to beat for the money ($6.94) & I'm usually a foundation snob? I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by claudinepalalay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product but not enough to buy it again.

The feeling when you touch the mousse like texture is really cool and it's SUPER blendable too. The colour selection isn't too bad for a new product. I was able to find the perfect match for my skin tone which is a plus!

However I didn't like the fact that it felt really oily while I was applying it onto my skin with my fingers. I don't know how to explain the texture but I didn't like it. When I was waiting for the foundation to set I noticed it gives better coverage after setting than while you're still blending it. Even when I add powder to my face it still feels like it's not fully set when it should be. I get kind of oily around my nose and I feel like this foundation makes the oiliness around my nose even WORSE!

I do have dry-normal skin (except my nose area) and it just seems that the foundation just doesn't stay on my skin throughout the day.

For the price I paid for this product ($5.95 CAD) wasn't too bad. However I expected the quality to be much better since everyone raved about the 3 in 1 foundation I had high hopes for this to be just as great.

I wouldn't buy this again. I do regret buying this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very fair, warm toned skin and purchased the shade 305 Ivory.

What I liked: The packaging made it easy to pick the closest shade to my skin tone as possible, and it applied very easily with every method I tried. Coverage was acceptable, and it has a pretty natural finish. Not too matte, not too dewy.

What I disliked: It felt like it never really "set" on my skin. Even when powdered, it still felt tacky. I noticed it transferred a lot onto the phone at work. I think it's just too moisturizing for my skin this time of the year. In the winter it might be ok. After wearing it for a few days, I had quite a few clogged pores on my forehead (where I'm usually quite clear-skinned). The color was also a little bit too dark and orangey for me.

Overall: I didn't really like it very much, and I will not be repurchasing. I think it would be a nice option for dry-skinned people though, as it felt very moisturizing. I'm a huge fan of Revlon's whipped Colorstay makeup, so I had high hopes for this one but it just didn't work out for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by RenattaK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Edit: this product breaks me out horribly!! In my last review I raved about the texture and feel, which is still true. I love the way it covers my pores but it comes at a price! I looked at the ingredients and it includes parabens! If you are acne prone stay away.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Def didn't like! Made me shiny w/in 2 hrs , color is too yellow and had minimal coverage. Not suited for oily skin that needs coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

I'm usually not a big fan of Covergirl foundations, as I find they generally don't tend to work well with oily skin types. But I'm such a fan of the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation that I had to give this a try. Especially since I managed to find it for $5.99(CAD) at Walmart. Which is the smallest amount I've ever paid for any foundation. I also noticed how much better the packaging this foundation has in comparison to the Revlon. It's in a glass jar as well, but it's a lot less bulky. The texture between the two are fairly different as well. This foundation is lighter than the Revlon. I've tried applying it with a buffing brush as well as with a beauty blender. I think the beauty blender gives a more natural finish. Overall, I was incredibly impressed with the way this foundation applied. It gives light to medium coverage, but it has one of the most airbrushed but natural finishes I've ever seen. Because the Revlon whipped foundation is heavier, it can get cakey if over applied. However the Covergirl looks perfect every time. That being said however, it doesn't last very long. This is not by any means a foundation that I would recommend for all day wear. I use it when I'm only going out for a few hours at a time during the day. Setting it with a powder does help a little, but most oily skin types will probably have trouble with this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I wish so bad that this product would work for me. It just doesn't. My skin's way too oily. It isn't matte finish so in about an hour my face just looks disgusting. It's so beautiful when I first put it on, and 310 is a perfect match for me. I haven't worn it enough to tell wether it breaks me out or not. It definitely doesn't have much staying power. The few times I've worn it, it's pretty much gone by the end of my 8 hour work day. I would return it if I had the receipt, it just doesn't work for my skin type. The reason it gets a 3 is because the color is spot on, it's beautiful upon application and I could really see it working for those with dry skin.

EDIT: Re-rated this foundation. I tried it again today thinking maybe if I applied using a different method with a primer underneath that it would be better. It's not. I applied a very think layer of Mary Kay's primer and then this foundation using a cosmetic sponge. I set this with Cover Girl's powder foundation in the blue compact. It looked gorgeous! Until now. This was around 10am, it's now 2:32pm and I look absolutely disgusting. My face is obnoxiously greasy and just feels like it has a layer of petroleum jelly on it. Unless you have dry skin, DO NOT even try this stuff. It's a waste.

EDIT: Threw this crap in the trash. After I washed this off my face using an Aveeno cleansing pad I saw tons and tons of clogged pores all over my chin and forehead and even a couple on my cheek where I NEVER break out! I'll never buy or use this crap again.