Blue Cross Cuticle Remover

Water, Castic Potash, Calcium Carrageenan, Oil & Lanolin

on 10/16/2011 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best cuticle remover I have ever used. I was using Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover but I find this to be much more effective. I was concerned about the watery consistancy at first, but it's very easy to work with. I put it on my cuticles with a cotton ball and let it soak for a few seconds. The price can't be beat for the size of the bottle. I definitely recommend it and won't be switching.

on 10/2/2011 8:13:00 PM

Wow. I wish I tried it 4 years ago, when I started DIY manicures and pedicures. I am not thrilled by the consistency, but thanks to the previous reviewers I just do 2-3 nails at a time using an old MU brush.

Also, this is THE best thing ever to remove dye stains from the skin. I tint my lashes/brows: one swipe with a Q-tip and I had zero stains, ze-ro. Given how this stuff works, I would not be surprised if one can use it for a quick clean-up of a nuclear reactor. I do not see any damage to my nails/skin, thou.

Since it's dirt cheap, I did a warm (nuked in a microwave) foot bath with it. About 5 minutes, some scrubbing - and I have the best pedi ever.

Like:
- price
- effectiveness
- multipurpose

Dislike:
- too good to be true?

Since a "deep pedicure" requires a lot, I will repurchase.

on 8/16/2011 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this cuticle remover. It definitely works, you just have to know how to use it. I accidentaly purchased the large 32oz size lol so it's probably going to last a lifetime. Used it on my husband's hands as well, he was impressed :) I use Qtica Solid Gold cuticle oil after.

on 8/1/2011 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After attempting to use this product countless times with no real success, I was almost ready to give up and call it a dud. Not long ago I went to Sally's and got a wood stick (no clue what they're called) for pushing cuticles and solved my issue. This product only works if you have something to push and remove cuticles with. This does not remove cuticles on its own (for me at least) and it certainly does not work just by soaking and washing off with warm water.

Though it works really well and removes cuticles with some effort, I find that the results do not last. A few days after using this product my cuticles start to grow back. I guess that's just how it is due to nail growth. Even though it works I will not repurchase simply because I accidentally bought a 16oz instead of 8oz bottle so it will last years and years.

on 7/25/2011 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Best cuticle remover I've used and also the cheapest! Mine came in a giant 32 oz bottle; I paid about SGD$15 for it here in Singapore. I struggled with this at first because it was so liquidy. I decanted a small amount into a small Muji squeeze tube, but it still got all over my nails, my table, my clothes - just a mess. Then I decanted it into a clean Manicare cuticle remover bottle and finally I experienced the real magic of this product. I brushed over cuticles, going over each nail 2x and sort of 'flooding' the cuticles on 3 sides of the nail but not till my fingers were dripping. When most of it evaporated (about a minute), I used an orange stick and cuticles just turned to mush and came off with almost no effort. I would definitely recommend using a brush to apply this product. Otherwise it can be really messy and ineffective.

on 7/12/2011 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I find this stuff just okay. It does remove cuticles, mostly thin bits stuck to the nail. I still have to cut off the thicker cuticle part w/ a cuticle clipper. Also not crazy about how thin and watery it is. I would gladly pay the same price for half the amount if they made it thicker and more concentrated. I'm just using it for now since its cheap, comes in a huge bottle and does the job okay.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

my absolute fav nail cuticle remover! i do my own nails & this removes my cuticles quickly....i brush it off with a nail brush.....very cheap @ sallys!

on 6/29/2011 1:42:00 PM

I am a licensed manicurist and have tried MANY products with added ingredients claiming to soften and nourish the cuticle. NOTHING works better than this stuff! We used it in nail tech school and this is all I will ever use. Even though I am not working in a salon anymore, I still use this product on myself and family/friends when I do mani's/pedi's. I have also seen this used in salons on skin that has been discolored by hair color. A little on a cotton ball around the hairline and voila!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was skeptical at first as it is such a thin liquid but this is, hands down, the best cuticle remover I have ever used.

Works great for pedicures too.

Dirt cheap.
Would repurchase but probably won't need to as the bottle is huge.

Highly recommended.

on 6/22/2011 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This stuff is amazing! As mentioned before it's the color and consistency of skim milk and 16 oz can be purchased at Sally's for $5.99. I placed some in an old cleaned out nail polish bottle and applied it around my cuticles. Within a minute I started to push back the cuticle. I've left it on my cuticles for a couple of minutes and it does not appear to cause any damage or pain. So, it's a keeper and since you don't need a lot the bottle will last an extremely long time.

Top Rated Blue Cross Products