September 17, 2014 | 2024 users online

Mascara - Essence - I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hated this mascara and am actually surprised by all the good reviews, this mascara clumped like crazy, waaaayyyy too much product gets dispensed on the wand (it obviously doesn't have a good stopper) and the wand itself sucks. It's like a big smeary mess and I hate the stupid plastic rubber brush that has no bristles and just clumps and smears all over my lashes and sticks them together. I prefer a mascara to separate and lengthen as well as volumize and this just clumps them together into a big mess, the formula is also way too wet....hated it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by scollantes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a very cheap mascara and I didn't expect a whole lot from it but when I first try it out I was very surprised! It was really good and better than my more expensive mascaras! It made my lashes longer and added more volume. Definitely I'll be repurchasing again and again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

My First Impression Review on the Essence I *HEART* Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara;

I have since found this mascara to be holy grail status for me. Its' only downside is the few tiny flakes that fall onto my cheek at the very end of a long day but this is a problem I struggle with most mascaras anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy smokes!
I love love LOVE this mascara. Despite it being a somewhat wet formula, I find that it clings to my lashes and makes them look absolutely gorgeous, probably due to the plastic brush. I tend to gravitate toward this style wand rather than the standard bristle wand because the plastic ones separate my lashes better. And the volume is out of this world! One coat gives me fanned out, fluttery lashes. Swipe on another coat and I've got long, full, defined lashes. One more coat gives an almost false lash effect. And it doesn't clump, likely because it's a thinner formula that doesn't just stick to itself.
It was about $5 at Ulta, which is a steal for such a knockout performer.
I do wish less product ended up on the wand - it can be a bit messy. But that's the only gripe I have.
I think the packaging looks cute. It's got a mid-90's vibe and reminds me of the mascara I'd use in high school. Gives me the warm and fuzzies.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mfguille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You have no idea how amazing it is to finally have found my HG mascara. If there's something I'm obsessed with its full voluminous lashes--without falsies. I have OILY EYELIDS, AVERAGE LENGTH/THICK LASHES, STRAIGHT/DROOPY LASHES. I need a mascara that will hold a curl, add volume (more than length) and not smudge with my oily lids. This is the one. Its amazing really, for five dollars I suggest you give it a try.

Pros:
very black
doesn't smudge
doesn't flake
holds curl almost as well as a waterproof mascara
amazing volume
noticeable lengthening

Cons:
brush can grab too much product (just wipe off excess on rim of tube, works fine)

I uploaded a picture of my lashes with one coat, curled, and a picture of the brush (its amazing, it has a lot of tiny bristles and even has some on the tip, which i love because you can grab every single lash in any corner! i'm hyperventilating its so amazing)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good for it's price. I've only tried one other Essence mascara (orange and black one) which was pretty good, besides that it smudged on my lower eyelashes.

When I first went to try this mascara the first thing I noticed was how BIG the brush is. Seriously, I don't understand the point in making the brush that big? It just makes it more difficult to use as you have to be really careful not to get it on your lids or near your eyes/rest of your face. (Trust me, this still happens a lot of times to me so it's not something you can apply in a rush.) Honestly, I think it would be better if the brush was smaller.

Another thing is how messy it can be to use this mascara. Because the brush is huge, it picks up a lot of product when you take it out of the tube. I always have to wipe off the tip (I usually do this with all mascaras anyway) but I also get some around the side of the brush which I have to wipe off near the cap and it just makes the tube messy.

In terms of the difference it makes to my lashes though, it's pretty good. I do notice a difference in length and some volume. My lashes however, are rather Asian-like (having a Filipino mother) so they're hardly noticeable beforehand so at least this makes them noticeable.

I was hoping that this mascara wouldn't smudge on me. However, it does on my lower lashes! How I avoid this is having to use another mascara (Maybelline falsies) on my lower lashes and then applying a coat of this on top. I don't get smudging this way. Still, it's a bit annoying that I have to switch between two mascaras so I can't apply it quickly. I also have to be careful with clumping. Yes, this mascara does clump and I need to make sure to apply thin layers (again, needing to wipe the brush) so I don't get clumps.

This mascara even in Australia is rather cheap, it's around $5 and I got it for around 30% at Priceline. I don't think I will buy this mascara again though as I know mascaras last me a few months so I don't mind paying a little more to get something better. The huge brush and the smudging on my lower lashes put me back from this. However, it does the job if you're careful with application and you can't complain with it's price. Overall though, I do love Essence products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hated this mascara at first. I have never hated a mascara enough to want to toss it before. Bought this mascara based on MakeupAlley's recc and I was thinking, NO NO MUA's never wrong... I must be doing something wrong. So I kept it hoping the results would change once the formula thickened/dried up. So glad I did.

I have sparse Asian eyelashes, this mascara upon application weighed my curled lashes down... Making them look limp and lifeless. Not to mention the brush is plastic, huge and bristled with short spikes (not great for separating).. Along with the wet formula, there were black dots all over my eyelids! My lashes would look thick, black and clumped together (I'm talking like 5 lashes in total LOL) I had to be very careful with application... but it was too time consuming in the mornings, was just not worth it.

Fast forward 3 months, I have FINALLY found out how to use this mascara.
- Curl your lashes
- Put on 1-2 layers of a waterproof mascara to keep curl - I used CoverGirl's Lash Blast Volume Waterproof. Focus at the roots and wiggle through to the tips.
- Wait for the waterproof mascara to set your lash's curls. About 15-20 seconds.
- Take Essence's mascara, scrape the brush against the stopper to remove all the excess product, THERE WILL BE A LOT - this is a vital step. This is because the stopper is horrible and as a result, there is too much product on the brush! Scraping the brush on the side of the stopper reveals more of the brush preventing clumping when brushing through.
- Use the mascara like normal.

I'm not a fan of layering mascaras, rather believing in 1 mascara that would do the whole job? But this combination is closest to perfection I have used. The steps may sound tedious but the results are phenomenal and well worth it. CoverGirl's Lash Blast does not give me much volume but it holds curl exceptionally. Wherever CoverGirl lacks, Essence provides intense volume and a rich rich rich black colour! Together you get results.

Overall I gave this mascara a rating of 4 because.. this would be perfect for someone who has already long curled lashes. The price is dirt cheap, I bought this for $5AUD at Priceline. Packaging could be a little better, a thicker stopper would improve this product. I don't mind the outrageous pink tube.

The only con I have is my current tube seems to flake off upon removal... I have used my cousin's tube and her seems fine. Would possibly repurchase if I don't find a blacker mascara.

I do not experience much if any smudging with this combination. It's tough to remove. I use Garnier 2-in-1 Make-Up Remover (HG!), the only thing that works for waterproof mascaras! Not even my Lancome Bi-Facil or Bioderma will remove as easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I must say, I was intrigued by the packaging, the cheap price and the fact that you get sooo much product in the large and tall tube. I really did not like the brush / wand when I 1st pulled it out tho. However, I carried on and applied it to my lashes and did get some crazy volume, ha! I only kept it for about 3 days before I tossed it tho. It made my lashes stick together, feel glue like but worst of all, my eye-lashes fell out like crazy upon removal. It just wasn't for me as I must have an allergy of some sort to it. I was fine with their "Get Big Lashes (Volume Boost) Mascara", just not this one. Anyhow, needless to say, I will not be re-purchasing this paticular mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by IsminiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've already bought this mascara twice and I love it! It adds extraordinary length and volume and somehow it's become the first mascara I grab when I'm doing my make up. It builds on the lashes and creates a full,blacker than black,dramatic effect. For that price, I would buy a whole carton to stock! Only downside for me is that it's dry and a bit difficult to remove. It dries out for good when it does. Mine did after almost 6 months,so I guess that's ok,but I felt like I didn't use it all. Anyway, it does miracles for my lashes and I will buy it again and again as long as I find it in stores. Love the tube too,so girly,stands out in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by nekkun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Um, this stuff is AMAZING. Makes my lashes look long, dark, and thick. Doesn't irritate my eyes at all (which is a HUGE pro) and isn't clumpy from my experience. It's my favourite mascara ever and for $4, it's a steal! I live in Canada and I buy it from Shoppers Drug Mart. :D