Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

on 8/27/2014 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

OMG! This mascara is not what you'd expect for a really cheap mascara (2.80!). It's really amazing! It thickens, lengthens, holds curl and makes lashes really "extreme". It is so cheap and works better than expensive mascaras I have tried with no clumps, I am really impressed and will continue to purchase and buy another :D You need this in your life! Hahaha.

on 8/18/2014 12:07:00 AM

my favourite. cheap, works great. love it because it comes off easily when washing face but stays nice all day regardless. I always get compliments, people ask me if I'm wearing fake lashes sometimes.

I purchased this product because I was searching for a dupe (-ish) variety of Covergirl's Lashblast mascara from a brand that doesn't do animal testing.

Pros:
-Price! Only 5$ at ULTA.

-Formula! It's very, very build-able. I don't find it too clumpy.

Cons:
-The biggest issue is the behemoth, gargantuan brush! It's just way too long to get the job done in the tight corner of the eye, or on the bottom lash line. It's also kind of thick and clunky, with short plastic spikes that don't exactly grab the lashes.

-It smears :( I would use this for going out for a few hours, but it does not cut it for an 8-hour work day. It leaves a black shadow under my eyes and sometimes it leaves little flakes (I HATE FLAKES!)

I loved it for a while, but now I have switched to Jordana's best lash extreme, which is what I recommend you try! (which is cheaper, has a small and nimble brush, and volumizes & lengthens. It's magic & cruelty free).

Still love Essence for their amazing blushes, powders, eyeliners, lipsticks, and more! <3

AWEFUL! I was looking forward to trying this mascara out cause of all the great reviews but ITS SO CLUMPY! even with like half a coat! It's clumpy, sticky, made my lashes imcredibly heavy and the brush is WAAAAY too long, it made applying the mascara so hard without getting it everywhere. But for 2.95 i guess i shouldn't have been surprised to be disappointed however i prefer my collection no clumps mascara which was only 2.95 as well

on 8/11/2014 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I will continue to purchase this mascara as long as I can find it ! I makes my lashes look AMAZING. but I would advise you not to put it on your lower lashes because the formula is a bit on the dry side, and it will flake if you do

on 8/6/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I actually really love this mascara. Price is so inexpensive and great pink packaging. I was skeptic to try it at first even though it got great reviews, simply because I always thought essence was a low quality cheap brand. I was wrong! My lashes are average/long and naturally curled. Not too thick but thicker than some. This makes them so dark and full looking while adding a good bit of length too.

on 8/3/2014 7:08:00 AM

This mascara is perfect! After just one coat, my lashes are longer, fuller and awesome looking. I do wipe the side of the brush on the edge of the tube before I use it, because a fair bit of product stays on the brush. Makes it clumpy. Wiping it leaves the perfect amount of prduct on the brush.
I have repurchased this mascara, I just love it!

on 7/24/2014 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am loving this mascara. I prefer dramatic lashes and this delivers. It is advertised as a volume mascara but I find it very lengthening too. The brush is wonderful - tons of tiny bristles that grab and separate my lashes while still delivering volume. It also holds a curl really well. At the price point, you can't go wrong. Especially with other drugstore mascaras going for up to $12 CAD

on 7/23/2014 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara! It holds a curl well, and it adds length and volume. I haven't experienced smudges either.

on 7/14/2014 10:11:00 PM

I absolutely ADORE this mascara. I've had another Essence mascara a couple years ago (it was pink and small but I forgot the name) and I loved it as well but I have NEVER found anything like this. I've always been a huge Essence fan but I haven't tried any of their mascaras in a long time and now I am pleasantly surprised when I got this. 4.99$ at Ulta? I thought I'd pick it up. Yknow. Whateves. I try it on the next day and DAMN. My lashes are pretty long and hold a good curl but I always want volume. I've tried MANY MANY mascaras from drugstore and high end brands and even my previous favorites never managed to give me THE look that this Essence mascara gives. Tons of volume at the base and lengthens my lashes and it coats them evenly. extremely black, quite a wet formula (it was messy at first but after a day or two I figured out how to use it and it was fine), and NO SMUDGES! Reminds me of how the lash blast volume or the maybelline rocket mascaras hold up.Probably even better actually. And taking this off was easier to me than any mascara I've ever used. I just picked up a backup today and this mascara is now my new holy grail.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW: Essence I heart EXTREME Crazy Volume Mascara | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective

Top Rated Essence Products