Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.3

This product has certainly engendered a lot of reviews. It's my opinion that many of the rapturous one are from Younique presenters or their friends. (This is SOP for MLMs.)

I bought a new, sealed product on eBay from a seller 20 miles from me, for US$11. Even though the Younique-ers will warn about counterfeits, I am certain this is genuine. EBay is a good source for purchasing the stock of former Mary Kay/Arbonne/Younique, et al reps. There are always a lot of *former* reps.

I agree that there's a lot of counterfeits on eBay, but the brands that are frequently counterfeited are either globally popular (especially MAC, etc.) or very pricey (Creme de la Mer, etc.) Younique's a small player in the cosmetics market, and I think counterfeiters aren't bothering with stuff that can't be sold at high volume.

I tried this yesterday, and followed the directions explicitly. I only did one coat, as I wanted a natural look and not the super-spidery. The results I achieved were fine, but certainly not worth 15 minutes or $29. I can get comparable results with any number of drugstore brands under $7.

I didn't have any fallout, but my eyes felt a bit itchy all day. I probably applied this to close to my lashline. To get my money's worth, I may use the Transplanting Gel (worst product name ever!) as a coating over my regular mascara. I may use the fibers for a special occasion, but it's way too time-consuming for every day.

After much research, i decided to splurge out on this product. It was really expensive but after all i read about it, i was adamant to try it out.

I expected more from this product. It really is a good mascara but for the price, i didnt deliver as much as i thought it would.

Pros: Pretty, thick and voluminous lashes. Comes in a averagely cute packing.

Cons : Extremely expensive. The lash fibres would often fall into my eyes whilst applying the product which cause a water fall of tears, wash out and raccoon eyes. The fibres often fall off onto your face, so there is often black fluff under your eye.

I have found a mascara that works just as well as this does, and it cost less than a 1/10th of the price. ESSENCE BIG LASHES VOLUME CURL MASCARA.

Too expensive, irritates the eyes, and it looks really aweful. All the younique products are so aweful and fake. They make the person look made up....not beautiful. I think the length it made my eyelashes was really ugly and unnatural. Unless you have no eyelashes this product is aweful.

Hello guys and gals ok time for me to sound off again :) you want to honesty look for my reviews. I do not post often enough as I see so many products getting high reviews that well for better terms of a lollypop...suck!

First Packaging is gorg ok? Who is not a sucker for great pkg? That being said lets move on.

This product is from Younique the " 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara set". You open it up it comes in a black pouch with your transplanting gel then your fibers. Those of you who are familar with the whole gel fiber gel thing I am still looking for my holy fiber grail lol.

First transplanting gel ...its mascara we are not doing heart surgery here I call a spade a spade ok? The formula is wet as to get those cute fluffy fibers to stick to. There is wet and then there is omg wet I have to stop and wipe off the excess every swipe! It is gloopy you have to wipe off the excess on the tube. in short? A ghastly mess!

Fibers...those cute soft fibers..they are fluffy! :) what they don't tell you...those furry friends that are made to make those lashes oh so longggggggggggg did I say longgggggg? It does not tell you that you must apply at least 2 to three layers of the fluff because it does not stay on your lashes! Major fallout but as I have seen in ads aww just brush it off the face no big deal....29.95 every time I run out because most of it ends up on my face is a HUGE DEAL! WE WORK HARD FOR OUR $$$ RIGHTO? Do not patronize me by telling me oh if it falls off no biggy lol pfft!

Does the product do what it says? Yes if you want that spider effect...I tried this every which way to put on at least 15 times there is no getting around the dump the fluff or the gloppy formula! I wanted this to be my false lashes I really did but alas my search continues...29.95 where are you to be spent next? :)

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

Meh.. Goes on easy enough, but it makes my lashes look like that of an over enthusiastic teenager with their first mascara. It looks terrible. Granted I didn't put much effort into application, but my eyelashes look like spiders legs and not actually that much longer. I'll probably use it a few times to get some wear out of it, but I won't purchase again!

I got this product from my mom and at first I thought it did a great job. My eyelashes look extra long and voluminous. However, the product did not stay on my eyes and would rub off on my cheeks and corner of my eyes. It also irritated my eyes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading some of the other reviews on this product, I am sorry to hear that some of the users experienced irritated eyes or an allergic reaction. I luckily did not experience any of that. I do wear contact lenses and sensitive eyes and I was lucky enough to have not had any irritation at all.

I found this mascara needed about two applications (2 gel applications and two fiber applications). After that, my lashes were really looking amazing. A definite increase in length and density. I was really excited when I first used this mascara. Also, the mascara comes off extremely easy with a non-oily mascara remover. No scrubbing. Very gentle on the eyes that way. I found the mascara to wear really well. No flaking of the fibers or racoon eyes by the end of the day. It really stayed put for me and I have oily skin therefore other mascaras tend to transfer to my eyelids easily.

The only reason I am not giving this mascara 5 lipsticks is because the formula really doesn't last that long. After about two weeks or so, I found I had to keep putting more and more applications on. The gel mascara started getting really thick with the old fibers and it became harder and harder to apply as time went by. Unfortunately after about three weeks I had to throw the transplanting gel out. I tried using the fibers with some of my other mascaras but it didn't really work. I paid about $43.00 Canadian (that included shipping) to buy this mascara. I was really hoping for that price it would last at least a month.

Not sure if any Younique reps are reading this but I was thinking if they maybe split the transplanting gel into two or three smaller application tubes the mascara would last much longer. Once those fibers get into the transplanting gel, it seems the glamour starts to slowly fade. Just a thought. I still have a lot of fibers left that I wasn't able to use, but with a fresh tube of transplanting gel, I would be good to go.

Would I buy this mascara again? Heck yes! Probably not as often as I'd like. Maybe as a birthday or Christmas present to use on special occasions. It's a luxury but definitely something every woman should try once :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have pretty short/average size lashes but small eyes so I like to make my lashes long. I would put on 5 to 7 (thin) coats of mascara to get them really long but my lashes would fall out lik everyday. Then I started wearing falsies but they were too heavy for my eyes. Finally I tried this mascara and I am in LOVE! I will never by any other mascara again. I use one coat of my regular mascara and one coat of this and it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes! I always get compliments on my lashes when I wear this. I can see how some people wouldn't like this. If you apply too heavy of a coat your lashes will get clumpy. That's why I do a thin layer and that's all I need. This is how I apply it:
1.curl eyelashes
2. Apply 1 thin coat of lengthening mascara
3.wait for them to dry
4. Apply transplanting gel (not too thick)
5. Immediately apply fibers
5. Then seal in fibers with transplanting gel.

This is lots quicker than my past mascara routine. It used to take me 20 minutes to do my eyelashes but now it only takes 3!

Edited:
I really don't like their new formula. It gives the same length as the old formula but not as volumizing and the tube dries out quicker:/ too bad I had thought I'd found the perfect mascara and now I gotta keep looking.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has changed my life. I don't like applying falsies and I don't have to with this product! I didn't get the hang of it until my second time using it. Apply fibers to the tips of your lashes only! Just try it, you'll be glad that you did!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love love love 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺 this mascara. Makes my lashes look so long and thick.
My lashes are very short & stubby. When you use this 3D lash kit it has a mascara and a seperate fiber wond to get length & volume.
It works best if you blow dry on a low after all the steps to hold the mascara in place.
You first put on the mascara and the while mascara is still tacky, you put in the fibers in a mascara type wind. Then I follow those steps-4 or 5 times to get the desired thickness & length.

I like that it's only sold online by people that believe in the product. I also like that it is not sold through retailers.

Full Size Image