December 19, 2014 | 1460 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Reciodoesit

Love, love, love this mascara. I was skeptical to buying it because I didnt believe my lashes could look so long and thick. When I decided to try it, I was hooked, I have been using it for sometime now and I always reorder. Im never going back to regular mascara. All the negative comments dont make sense to me. If you are getting it in your eyes, turn the lights on people seriously its not like it pours out and you cant control it. The instructions clearly say "Do not apply close to the waterline" and Trust me the fibers dont fall out during the day, I go to the gym and sweat and nothing gets in my eyes or face. You have to seal it... I also want to mention that I dont use another mascara along with the 3D, I just apply it to my bare lashes....thanks for reading

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by etoile03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start out by saying I am Asian, and have short, practically non-existant, straight lashes. I have relied on false lashes almost everyday for several years now, and in the process, spent a small fortune on both lashes and mascara, since I find falsies look best when actual mascara is added to blend them with my natural lashes. This product has changed that. Nowadays, I use this mascara for a day-to-day look, and only do falsies for going out or times when I'm going to be photographed.

Generally, I stick to the directions. I'll curl my lashes, apply a coat of regular mascara, briefly let it dry, apply the transplanting gel (or any mascara, really), then start layering the fibers. Definitely do one eye at a time, layer the fibers and gel (or regular mascara, which I prefer) and continue this process until you're satisfied. This makes my lashes long enough to show up, which is good for an everyday look. The mascara has to be wet in order for the fibers to adhere.

A couple things to note..I find the transplanting gel to basically be a bad mascara. I like using a cheap drugstore lengthening mascara to hold the fibers (Maybelline Illegal Length). The transplanting gel is a strange formula, a terrible wand, and the results are better with normal mascara, on me. The fibers are great. I don't have sensitive eyes so I haven't had a problem, but they do occasionally come loose, so be prepared. There was a learning curve when I first got it, but now application moves pretty quickly. Like I mentioned, finish one eye completely, then do the other. It also goes without saying, but DON'T curl lashes after you do this, since it'll basically remove the fibers. Price isn't bad, considering I haven't found any suitable replacement for this product, and it's on par with a high end mascara. I do wish I could just buy the fiber tube, but I can't win 'em all. The transplanting gel is mostly useless, for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Adboudy

Clumps, clumps, clumps! Yes if done correctly this product will lengthen your lashes incredibly, but they look terrible. They are not smooth like false lashes; they are stuck together in large clumps and bunches. If you try to separate the lashes, then you get fibers falling off on to your cheeks. It makes you LOOK like you have ALOT of mascara on instead of like false lashes. But if you are not trying to hide the fact that you wear a lot of makeup, or you are NOT going for a natural look, then you will be pleased with them. I try not to look like I have caked makeup on my face. I contacted my rep, and she explained that was what my lashes were supposed to look like, but she assisted me in getting a refund since I was unsatisfied.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by mcgrem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive eyes and wasn't sure how these fibers were going to be on my eyes. This product was great. The fibers did not bother me and had no problem with them staying put. It does smell a little weird but goes away.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by AliciaP78

I LOVE this product. I purchased it from a neighbor on a whim and was very impressed! I have had zero issues with fibers falling into my eyes or issues with it looking clumpy. If you have these issues, you are simply putting it on incorrectly. It did take a few times to learn the best way to apply it. I actually ran the Savage Race yesterday and 3 of us wore our 3D lashes. Not one problem! They still looked amazing after the race. That included an ice bath submerge and a plank jump into deep water. I dont think it's marketed as water proof, but it sure held up!! I was very impressed! I strongly suggest trying this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by BelleG81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I tried it, but I would Never purchase again. It is very messy I watched the YouTube videos, tried it with and without regular mascara first and was still very unimpressed. It has a coppery smell, it looks clumpy and for the price I could've gotten Lancome and been satisfied. It does lengthen, but it falls even if you do set it. It looks good from a distance, but up close your lashes look stuck together not to mention if the fibers fall in your eyes you'll be uncomfortable until you take it off. Thumbs down for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by abbysmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will admit, I was very skeptical about this product. It took me a good week to get the hang of how to apply the gel and the fibers. I did watch lolamarie7 and makeupbytiffanyd's tutorials on how to apply and this did help. I find it does make a difference with the type of regular mascara you apply first. I have been using the Revlon grow luscious and it seems to work well. I have also tried Tarte's lights, camera, flashes and this is another good one. I do feel like I would repurchase this when I run out. Do I feel like I need to keep a back up? No. When I get around to reordering I will but I do not think this is something I could not live without. Just remember to follow the directions carefully and take your time. And no matter what anyone says you will get fiber fall out as the day goes on.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/18/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ronmir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The concept is interesting, yet the actual product is ridiculous. Those 'fibers' that you put on after putting on the transplanting gel.. two issues:
1) Very high risk of bacterial growth on it leading to infection on the 'fiber' brush.
2) I tried it as had sample. Fibers for into my eyes.. I could see them! Very uncomfortable. My eyes were stinging. I made sure to apply right after coat of transplanting gel.

My lashes did look a lot thicker... yet it in no way made up of for the stinging pain of the fibers getting into my eyes. I immediately needed to use eye make up remover followed by an eye rinse for both eyes!

Not recommending this product to anyone and due to its problems, way overpriced.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by alh441

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to hate this, but I just can't. It may be my new HG. Pros: fantastic results for my fine, short lashes, long lasting, and (shockingly) did not irritate my eyes even when wearing contacts. My husband, who is generally oblivious, even noticed that this really made my eyes pop. Cons: labor intensive, pricey, fibers sometimes flake off throughout the day (have been able to prevent this somewhat with an additional coat of the base), too much packaging for my taste. Despite cons, I will buy again because I just can't find anything else to match the results. Tried Too Faced Better than False Lashes, and it was nowhere near as good as this stuff. I liked this well enough to use almost daily. I don't sell the stuff and have no real connection to the person I ended up buying from.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

O.M.G!! This stuff is amazing!

I watched several YouTube videos and read reviews on this product and decided to give it a shot. I just received this today and had to try it out immediately.

The directions are easy enough to follow. Apply a thin coat of your regular mascara first and let it dry. Then apply an even coat of the transplanting gel and while it's still wet apply the fibers, then another coat of the transplanting gel to set it. You can repeat if you like but I just did a single application of the fibers. Since you have to apply the fibers while the gel is still wet you should only do 1 eye at a time. I also used an eyelash comb after the final coat of transplanting gel to get rid of any eyelashes that were sticking together.

My eyelashes turned out long and thick! Seriously, I have never seen them this long in my entire life. You know how a lot of men have long thick eyelashes that you would kill for? That's what this stuff did for me. It also left my eyelashes soft. I usually use a waterproof mascara and we all know how that usually makes your lashes stiff, but that wasn't the case with this.

The only problem I have is an issue with my natural eyelashes, not the product. The natural eyelashes on my right eye are just right. But my eyelashes on my left eye are weird. The lashes near the outer corner of my eye are normal and curl up slightly, but the lashes from the middle of my eye to the inner corner of my eye are stick straight and point down. Which means that I have to curl just that section of my eyelashes. I didn't do that before trying this product out so while the eyelashes on my right eye are gorgeous, long, thick and curled, the lashes on my left eye are long, thick and sticking straight out..lol. I guess I'll have to make sure I curl that section of my eyelashes before I use this next time.

The price is a little steep but it's about average if you usually buy the high end mascaras. Plus you're getting 2 products and a nifty case to hold them in.