October 24, 2014 | 1095 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down best shampoo....EVER. I don't use any other shampoo besides this good 'ol cheapie. It is really a workhorse for my needs. For one, I have well water and when you have well water, you have mineral buildup which most regular shampoos can't lift 100% and leave strands limp and weighted. Secondly, I have very dry very thick very coarse hair. So, I only wash my hair 3-4x a week. Thirdly, I sweat a lot by doing cardio 6x a week so when I do shampoo, I need something that will get my hair real clean but not strip it. I've tried a few DS clarifying shampoos and they really strip the hair making it feel like hay. I've also tried the popular Redken one which works great but why spend $$ when this $1 shampoo works just as well? Because I don't wash daily, this shampoo works good as my only shampoo that I use.I hope Vo5 never d/c this shampoo, it is truly that good and it will always have a home in my shower caddy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very inexpensive and awesome product! DO NOT USE THIS EVERYDAY! NEVER EVER! Being it is a clarifying shampoo, this basically strips your hair of everything... product build-up, natural oils, etc. I only use this every week and a half or so. I will absolutely continue to keep buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After the surprising fail that was using Bronner's Liquid Soap to clean my makeup brushes (drying, leaves residue, and really does not clean that well - just try using it to remove Photoready liquid foundation), I decided to try this instead.

PROS: This is a true deep clean. It removes literally everything, while rinsing clean and NOT drying brushes out at all. Beyond dirt cheap too (12oz for $1).

CONS: It's shampoo, not brush cleaner, so brushes will take longer than normal to dry (no ingredients to speed up drying time). Also, while it does rinse clean, it is shampoo after all (clarifying no less), so it foams up a lot and needs to be very thoroughly rinsed out.

OTHER: I haven't tried diluting this but I am pretty sure it should work well like that too. Also, the scent is highly lingering. It will transfer to brushes and STAY THERE. Hope you can take strong fruity scents.

OVERALL: I don't have much else to say. I'll be sticking with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You know why your hair probably dried out? Because you used a clarifying shampoo on a daily basis. I have no idea why anyone would do that since clarifying shampoos are specifically made to give your scalp a "clean slate" and basically get rid of everything on it, in other words, it's gonna cause your hair to be dry. Don't use a clarifying shampoo every day. Oh, my god.

Anyway, I love this. I use it once a month, and sulfate free shampoos the other times during the month. The smell is pleasant, it can be stripping but...we've already discussed that, and the price is definitely right. I'd recommend anyone who uses a lot of product in their hair to try this.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by McLani888

I bought this product because of the rave reviews here at MUA. Here's what happened:

Day1 - i was impressed how it makes my hair squeaky clean
Day2 - noticed the dryness of my hair despite the super moisturizing hair mask i used as conditioner
Day3 - had breakouts on my scalp which also became super dry & itchy, hair seemed brittle.
Day4 - Dandruff! VO5 met the trashcan.

I'll stick with ACV clarifying treatment from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awesome, cheap clarifying shampoo! Who knew that something that cost me less than $1 at the drugstore would be so good to my hair? My hair is long, thick, medium texture, and wavy, and I use this once a week to remove all the gunk from styling. Thanks to my lovely hair type, I use a lot of styling products over the span of a week, and this really does get rid of it all without stripping my hair. It leaves it shiny and bouncy, and I love the scent. I am SO happy with this find, and I plan to keep using it as long as I can find it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by bouffie

My mom bought this shampoo to use once a week for removing buildup. I decided to try it out because I've heard it's really important to do that every once in a while, and... I love it! It's a little hard to lather in your hair, but you just have to apply a little more. I could definitely tell that my hair was cleaner and shinier immediately after using it. I think this is supposed to be super healthy for your hair! I also use the conditioner after the shampoo and it works great in conjunction. Smells great too...fresh!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this only costs me 85cents and i needed a clarifying shampoo because i have major build-up.I am a product junkie and have a oily scalp.Now i usually use dove nourshing shampoo and conditioner which is my all time fav but my hair will always remain dirty no matter how hard and precise i cleaned my scalp.So i went to buy this because Vo5 conditioners are amazing and i have bad re-ins with Suave.The scent was good and it left my hair squeaky clean and not dried at all which i was afraid of...btw i used it with the clarifying conditioner as well

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jewlz_4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty sure I will use this stuff for as long as it's still on store shelves! I have oily hair and this always gets it very clean. I use it every time I shower. When my hair dries it is nice and light and fluffy... no oily remnants whatsoever. It smells refreshing, too! It does make your hair pretty tangly but as long as you use conditioner afterward it's not really a problem. Love this shampoo! :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by scp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like to use a clarifying shampoo because I have an oily scalp but I think this product made my back break out. I really wanted to love this because it is so cheap but unfortunately a few days into using it my back broke out like crazy. Also my sister admitted to sneakily using it and she is currently experiencing a harsh break out on her face. Although we can't be positive I'm blaming this shampoo, in the trash it goes!