April 18, 2014 | 933 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awesome, cheap clarifying shampoo! Who knew that something that cost me less than $1 at the drugstore would be so good to my hair? My hair is long, thick, medium texture, and wavy, and I use this once a week to remove all the gunk from styling. Thanks to my lovely hair type, I use a lot of styling products over the span of a week, and this really does get rid of it all without stripping my hair. It leaves it shiny and bouncy, and I love the scent. I am SO happy with this find, and I plan to keep using it as long as I can find it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by bouffie

My mom bought this shampoo to use once a week for removing buildup. I decided to try it out because I've heard it's really important to do that every once in a while, and... I love it! It's a little hard to lather in your hair, but you just have to apply a little more. I could definitely tell that my hair was cleaner and shinier immediately after using it. I think this is supposed to be super healthy for your hair! I also use the conditioner after the shampoo and it works great in conjunction. Smells great too...fresh!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by jadestar12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this only costs me 85cents and i needed a clarifying shampoo because i have major build-up.I am a product junkie and have a oily scalp.Now i usually use dove nourshing shampoo and conditioner which is my all time fav but my hair will always remain dirty no matter how hard and precise i cleaned my scalp.So i went to buy this because Vo5 conditioners are amazing and i have bad re-ins with Suave.The scent was good and it left my hair squeaky clean and not dried at all which i was afraid of...btw i used it with the clarifying conditioner as well

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jewlz_4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty sure I will use this stuff for as long as it's still on store shelves! I have oily hair and this always gets it very clean. I use it every time I shower. When my hair dries it is nice and light and fluffy... no oily remnants whatsoever. It smells refreshing, too! It does make your hair pretty tangly but as long as you use conditioner afterward it's not really a problem. Love this shampoo! :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by scp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I generally like to use a clarifying shampoo because I have an oily scalp but I think this product made my back break out. I really wanted to love this because it is so cheap but unfortunately a few days into using it my back broke out like crazy. Also my sister admitted to sneakily using it and she is currently experiencing a harsh break out on her face. Although we can't be positive I'm blaming this shampoo, in the trash it goes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lilybasset

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used this off and on for years with the clarifying conditioner. It effectively cleans my hair and gets rid of any product residue. The bonus is that it smells fantastic and it's only $1. In short it does what it claims. I just ran out but I'd like to try something different (as usual!) so I'm not repurchasing immediately, however I would be that I come back to this off an on throughout my lifetime just as I have in the past. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sugarpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although this shampoo was inexpensive, it did not work well for me. I like the smell of it and I do feel that it cleans my hair fairly well, however, it leaves my straight, black hair extremely dull. I get a much better shine from Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:42:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

Oh goodness! Just used this for the first time after it arrived today and I don't think my hair could possibly get any more shiny and clean! Fabulous product, couldn't be happier with it. Had to knock off a lippy for the price due to unavailability in the UK so I had to pay more. Will last ages however as I'll be using it once a week and the bottle is massive! It definitely did the job and got rid of all the build up in my hair, it feels so much lighter and bouncy now. :) The smell isn't too overpowering it's just very fresh.
UPDATE 9/1/2012: This and Dove Daily Treatment Intensive Repair Conditioner = Winning combination!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

A hair stylist suggested I start using a clarifying shampoo after I told her I was losing a lot of hair and she noticed that there was build-up at my roots from other products that could be causing it. I decided to try this shampoo based on reviews here and I am very pleased with it. I use this once or twice a week or whenever I put a lot of product like Dust It in it and it does a really good job of removing the build-up. The scent is pleasant and not overpowering, and the price cannot be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldEllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at the local dollar store, so the price is awesome, as you get quite a lot of shampoo for only a dollar. The shampoo itself is good and does what it's supposed to, as other reviewers have mentioned. I follow up with a good deep conditioner to make sure my hair is nice and soft afterwards.

The only really negative thing about this is the packaging. I didn't check mine beforehand since I had bought the Vo5 clarifying conditioner (which is great for co-washing) beforehand and didn't have issues, but my cap was apparently broken and it got all over the shopping bag. Luckily I only had a few other things in there and they were all in plastic packaging so it didn't ruin anything, but be sure to make sure your cap is tightly on and possibly even make sure it's upright. I took off one lippie for that since it wasted a ton of product and was annoying to clean up. But it's a great product regardless, go try it!