Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [REFORMULATED]

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  [REFORMULATED]

2.7

Ingredients water ~Glycerin ~sesame oil ~(cucumber) fruit extract~ barley extract (sunflower) seedcake ~glyceryl stearate ~lanolin alcohol ~petrolatum ~FD
This product has been reformulated as Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ Please find reviews for this product here:

on 6/10/2013 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've used so many bottles of this that I've lost count. I've been using this for over 5 years and before that, the gel version. I was introduced to the gel version in high school by my mom and i liked the light feeling of the moisturizer. A couple years later, i found my skin getting drier and needing more moisture than the gel provided. So i dug out a sample size of the DDML from one of those gift with purchases and i loved it. I've tried other drugstore moisturizers but none have satisfied me. I don't know what happened to my skin after high school but it became dry and sensitive to the point where i get dry patches and eczema. When eczema strikes, I find the best thing to do is to moisturize it and basically try not to provoke it. And i find that the DDML is the only moisturizer i've found that does not "provoke" my eczema yet still moisturizing enough. Over the years, it's become my holy grail moisturizer because of it's never failed for me so far and it's a safe every day moisturizer that i know won't agitate my sensitive skin. Perhaps i haven't looked enough but with DDML, i don't feel the need to make my skin worse to find something slightly cheaper. Especially considering that I always buy back ups during gift with purchase events which normally include small tubes of DDML (great for travel) along with other freebies. If you have sensitive dry skin, I highly recommend you try this.

I've given this lotion 3 chances at 3 different times in my life and I suffered from an allergic reaction each time!

I always use the formula suited for my skin (which is sensitive and prone to eczema, but not on my face), Dry Combination. It feels nice on my face at first but within a week of using this on a daily basis my skin becomes extremely red, hot, irritated, bumpy, and itchy! It's awful!

I guess I'm allergic to one of the ingredients in it. However, keep in mind that I very rarely suffer from an allergic reaction to a makeup/skincare product- the only other product this has happened with was Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub!

I just find it kind of ironic that I get an allergic reaction to a product that is hypoallergenic and geared towards people with sensitive skin!

3 stars given only because it was great until the allergic reaction kicked in!

on 6/7/2013 4:57:00 PM

I love this stuff! If you have oily/combo skin YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS. I'm thinking that this is where most of the bad reviews are coming from, which is totally unfair! just because it is the wrong product for your specific skin type, does not mean it should be rated low!

That being said, I have VERY dry, thirsty skin, and this lotion really does the trick. I can use it day or night, and a little goes a very long way. It does not irritate the skin in any way and is very gentle, and very hydrating. If you have dry skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that really keep your face looking quenched instead of dried up, you will enjoy this!

on 5/30/2013 8:31:00 PM

overall, the produce did its job well. i would definitely recommend this as an everyday moisturizer. the texture of it is great, and the price is reasonable. though i don't think the product is suitable for people with acne prone or oily skin, just because the texture of the moisturizer is quite oily itself.

on 5/29/2013 9:09:00 PM

What's the big deal? These days you can find multitasking moisturizers that work harder than this hyped up bottle of whatever.

on 5/29/2013 8:21:00 PM

I purchased this moisturizer after visiting a Clinique counter and being told I had very dry to combination skin. I have never spent so much on a moisturizer before but I figured that the bottle would last me quite some time. After 2 weeks of continuous use, day and night, I started to notice small bumps all over my skin as well as gigantic breakouts on my chin, hairline, and nose area. No matter what I did the breakouts just kept coming. Then it dawned on me that the only thing I was using that was different was this cream. Truth is the only way I could get it to soak into my skin was to use a foundation brush, and even then I would still have to use tissue paper to absorb the excess. The pimples I got were not only large they were also extremely itchy. As for the bumps, they turned out to be tons of blackheads because the cream was clogging up my pores. I only used a tiny fraction of the bottle and have no idea what to do with it now. My skin is still pretty flared up but it is slowly going back to normal. I think I rather stick to cetaphil from now on.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has to be the best moisturizer I have ever used and is great for all skin times! I have combination skin and def more towards the dry and this is amazing and doesnt cause any outbreaks. I also use this as an eye cream as well and doesnt burn my eyes at all! A+amazing!! For sure worth the price! I for sure like the regular formula over the gel!

on 5/27/2013 8:54:00 PM

Me gusta! It's REAAAAALLLYYYYY GOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!! I think people are overreacting and are too harsh. My grandma has used this since she was young and her skin is GORGEOUS......... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Best moisturizing lotion that I have found yet....

on 5/21/2013 3:33:00 AM

More and more people are realizing that there's absolutely nothing dramatically different about this lotion. The name is so misleading so when will Clinique change this products name and stop misleading consumers?? It's crap to say the least. Leaves a greasy residue, has a bunch of parabeenes which are known to age skin and even cause cancer. Tried it once but never ever will again!

on 5/21/2013 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I stay in a humid tropical country. I've combination skin (slightly oily t-zone, rest of face is pretty dry) and I bought this after trying my friend's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel which I really liked. However, I purchased the lotion due to my dry skin (my friend doesn't have dry skin), thinking it'll yield the same results.

I was so wrong! As many reviewers have mentioned, this leaves a layer on your face and I dislike that it makes my face feel greasy and clogged instead of allowing my skin to absorb the moisturizer. And the greasy feeling stays even after a night of sleep! This greasiness probably caused me to break out here and there too..

I've very sensitive skin as well and I suspect this product is causing my face to itch, and bumps start forming randomly along the day.

Tolerated this for half a bottle - it has not helped to improve my dry skin & I think I'll finally try a new brand soon.