October 30, 2014 | 1688 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by cdlukasik

I love this stuff! If you have oily/combo skin YOU WILL NOT LIKE THIS. I'm thinking that this is where most of the bad reviews are coming from, which is totally unfair! just because it is the wrong product for your specific skin type, does not mean it should be rated low!

That being said, I have VERY dry, thirsty skin, and this lotion really does the trick. I can use it day or night, and a little goes a very long way. It does not irritate the skin in any way and is very gentle, and very hydrating. If you have dry skin and have a hard time finding moisturizers that really keep your face looking quenched instead of dried up, you will enjoy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by emilyol

overall, the produce did its job well. i would definitely recommend this as an everyday moisturizer. the texture of it is great, and the price is reasonable. though i don't think the product is suitable for people with acne prone or oily skin, just because the texture of the moisturizer is quite oily itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

What's the big deal? These days you can find multitasking moisturizers that work harder than this hyped up bottle of whatever.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lulito485

I purchased this moisturizer after visiting a Clinique counter and being told I had very dry to combination skin. I have never spent so much on a moisturizer before but I figured that the bottle would last me quite some time. After 2 weeks of continuous use, day and night, I started to notice small bumps all over my skin as well as gigantic breakouts on my chin, hairline, and nose area. No matter what I did the breakouts just kept coming. Then it dawned on me that the only thing I was using that was different was this cream. Truth is the only way I could get it to soak into my skin was to use a foundation brush, and even then I would still have to use tissue paper to absorb the excess. The pimples I got were not only large they were also extremely itchy. As for the bumps, they turned out to be tons of blackheads because the cream was clogging up my pores. I only used a tiny fraction of the bottle and have no idea what to do with it now. My skin is still pretty flared up but it is slowly going back to normal. I think I rather stick to cetaphil from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by JessicaRabbitVB

This has to be the best moisturizer I have ever used and is great for all skin times! I have combination skin and def more towards the dry and this is amazing and doesnt cause any outbreaks. I also use this as an eye cream as well and doesnt burn my eyes at all! A+amazing!! For sure worth the price! I for sure like the regular formula over the gel!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by ellesggg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me gusta! It's REAAAAALLLYYYYY GOOOODDDDD!!!!!!!!! I think people are overreacting and are too harsh. My grandma has used this since she was young and her skin is GORGEOUS......... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Best moisturizing lotion that I have found yet....

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by olia041983

More and more people are realizing that there's absolutely nothing dramatically different about this lotion. The name is so misleading so when will Clinique change this products name and stop misleading consumers?? It's crap to say the least. Leaves a greasy residue, has a bunch of parabeenes which are known to age skin and even cause cancer. Tried it once but never ever will again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by seventhafter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stay in a humid tropical country. I've combination skin (slightly oily t-zone, rest of face is pretty dry) and I bought this after trying my friend's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel which I really liked. However, I purchased the lotion due to my dry skin (my friend doesn't have dry skin), thinking it'll yield the same results.

I was so wrong! As many reviewers have mentioned, this leaves a layer on your face and I dislike that it makes my face feel greasy and clogged instead of allowing my skin to absorb the moisturizer. And the greasy feeling stays even after a night of sleep! This greasiness probably caused me to break out here and there too..

I've very sensitive skin as well and I suspect this product is causing my face to itch, and bumps start forming randomly along the day.

Tolerated this for half a bottle - it has not helped to improve my dry skin & I think I'll finally try a new brand soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by sertacturk

this is my must have! I cannot go outside without putting this to my face. Especially after shaving none of the after shave and/or creams works like this. this is the best. do not buy everything buy only this thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is cheap and it does what it claims to do, moisturize. It's not intended for wrinkle reduction, renewing, firming, etc. It's a basic moisturizer that doesn't irritate sensitive skin. I used it years ago and found it a bit too greasy - note, my skin was much oilier at that time. I recently tried it again and really like it. I use it after the Clinique mild clarifying lotion and my skin looks great. It does not cause breakouts and I don't care if it leaves my T-zone a little oily. A matte dry complexion at my age is not attractive and I simply don't understand why so many middle-aged women think it does.