August 1, 2014 | 1537 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Radiance Renewer Cleansing Gelee

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by contrariwhys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nice. I wasn't in the market for a new face wash (I've used Basic for years) but this was sitting in my mom's shower one day when I was visiting and being a product junkie I had to try it. First off, the gel is thicker and more concentrated than most gel cleansers I've tried and it has a refreshing citrusy scent. When wet the cleanser gets nice and foamy. I don't think the hydroxy acid does much since you are not keeping this on your face like a toner or moisturizer but it does seem to take all my makeup off without leaving my face dry. I have also not experienced any breakouts from this product and I have moderately sensitive skin. I think I will happily include this in my daily regimen from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by rockmom77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd bottle. I put my Purity in the cabinet for this!! Great for acne prone oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by nctroubledoll

I've used about half a bottle of this so far, and I am VERY impressed (again, so far, will update after finished with bottle). It is a very thick cleanser (but it is a self-described "cleansing gelée", so not surprised), but that doesn't bother me at all since a little bit lathers well and goes a long way. This removes makeup more completely than any cleanser I have ever used, and I've used countless ones over the years. It does have a strong smell, but it is in no way unpleasant; it's a very citrus-y smell. Quite lovely, IMO. Bottles closes for easy travel, and this cost me less than five bucks at CVS on sale. It makes my face feel very clean (and nothing on cotton ball after cleansing with it then using toner) but not stripped. Removes every single bit of my non-waterproof mascaras (I use a few different ones). Since I've been using it my skin has continued to look nice, so no irritation so far. Overall, I would give 6 stars if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by LemonSun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is amazing! Its thick, smells like lemons and a little goes a long way! It removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin super soft. I will buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by MES

Gelee, yepp this stuff is thick, reeealy thick, about the consistency of honey. I find this product a bit hard to rinse off due to the consistency. I was afraid this might dry out my skin, but after a couple weeks of daily use I haven't had any issues and my skin definitely leans towards dry and sensitive. Has a crisp fruity scent like other Garnier skin care products. Can't say that this has made a drastic change in the brightness of my skin, but it has helped some. Price wise it's very budget friendly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by pinaychic204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just started using this and so far it's been good. Although after I use this, my skin feels a little tight which is alright for me anyway considering all of the products that I've used so far produced the same results (it's probably because of my skin type). I adore the smell! It makes me want to wash my face over and over and over but obviously, I won't do that! The bottle is really nice. I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased this on a whim as I am a sucker for anything that helps dull skin. This cleanser foams up very nicely, the foam does feel thick and luxurious like the cushion technology is supposed to, the scent is actually much more muted than other garnier products, it's a slight citrus scent. This thoroughly cleaned off all my makeup, even mascara and left my skin feeling very clean and smooth without feeling tight or dry after. Also, noticed that it helps eliminate blackheads on the nose area. I used this with my clarisonic and it worked very well, will repurchase.

UPDATE 5/23/2013

I have now finished my first bottle of this and I can truly say that this cleanser has 1. Improved the texture and evenness of my skin. 2. My face is now more radiant, 3. Has completely eliminated the constant pimples I always had on my cheeks, my skin is finally smooth!!, no more bumps. 4. I have started using less makeup as a result, my blemishes have been eradicated and my skin is noticeably smoother and brighter. The ONLY con I would find in this is that it can be a little drying in the areas around my nose, nothing noticeable and nothing drastic, just some dryness that is quickly relieved by some face lotion. This product is a diamond in the rough and at the price point it is definitely worth a try.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ohana6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim, I was buying the Garnier SPF 28 moisturizer that helps with sun damage/spots and figured I'd get a cleanser too. I am 40, still get monthly breakouts, but am getting drier, quite a few skin issues :( I love this. It smells good, feels good, isn't drying, doesn't sting, itch, burn or do anything bad. I actually use a Scrublet from an old L'Oreal 360 cleanser to wash with this every AM and PM. Feels fantastic, really cleans out the pores. I see the foundation on the Scrublet so I know this cleanser is really cleaning everything off my face. I can see repurchasing this. Update 8/25/13 - I am on a purging streak and this made the cut. I am down to 2 cleansers, this one, which is my primary cleanser, and the Shea Moisture African Black Soap, for when I feel like I need a change for one wash. It's for sure a HG cleanser for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing! I bought this over the weekend, so I have yet to see if I am any more radiant than before. What I do already love is EVERYTHING ELSE about it! The formula is cushiony, which seems an odd way to describe a facial cleanser, but it's true. The pump dispenses the perfect amount of product to do the job but not feel wasteful. The scent is great, but not too citrusy like some other Garnier products.

I find it does a great job in the morning but also does a decent job of removing makeup at the end of the day. I notice my skin is immediately softer and clean, but not tight-feeling or dry. I am finding myself grabbing my powder less often during the day, and (it may be all in my head) I think it makes my makeup look better too.

The only negative thing is the price. At $7.99, this is by far the most I have ever spent on a cleanser, but it works so well, I'll continue to buy it. Best cleanser for me, after the Body Shop Passionfruit Cleansing Gel (which is IMPOSSIBLE for me to find!)

UPDATE 5/8/2013: Still loving this stuff! It works AWESOME with my Olay Pro X Brush and I am using half a pump for my face and still having enough to do the job well. I have started using it in the shower as well and I am definitely noticing a difference. The occasional upper back, conditioner-caused bumps are history and my skin tone does look brighter.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No