September 22, 2014 | 2000 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Rich Hydrating Cream - Hydrance Optimale Riche

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by delllim

One of the best moisturizers i've used. It's light yet keeps my skin feeling hydrated. I have sensitive skin, and an oily t-zone but i peel quite badly during the winter. This keeps my skin looking supple without any shine. It could use some SPF then it'll be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

My daily moisturizer. Very nice. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by littletwinklestar

I like this as well. I feel that this cream is quite light and suitable for my acne skin. I only use it when i have dry areas around my mouth. does not clog pores!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I like Avene a lot, still - this cream is too thick for me.
I have normal skin, still this moisturizer is "too rich".
I won't buy this one again, but I will try their light hydrating cream instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Writer_Girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is my HG moisturizer! Although I have oily and acne-prone skin, my skin is dehydrated - not "dry" - which also makes my skin flakey. This moisturizer has a wonderful consistency and my skin just sucks it up! The flakes are gone and my skin feels wonderful - and it doesn't make my skin break-out. I use it morning and night to make sure my skin doesn't get dehydrated. And it's not a bad price when you can get it on sale. This is one of the very few products that I've actually bought more than two times. I've tried others, but I keep coming back to this. Love Avene!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by slack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have itchy, sensitive skin that tends to get dry in winter, and this winter has been the worst so far. I started peeling and no matter what moisturizer i used (i tried everything), I would break out in cystic acne! Even the oil-cut ones would break me out, and my skin was still peeling.
Feeling bad about spending so much, and after using so many different products my skin was worse than before, so I decided to try this moisturizer even though I wasn't that big a fan of avene's products... and WOW!
The first night I used it in combination with their Cold cream, and I woke up the next day with dry skin still, but my break-outs seemed to have calmed down dramatically and the best part: no itchy skin!!! Even anti-itch creams make me itch..
The next day I used this moisturiser alone, and that night, after taking off my make up, my skin felt somewhat moisturized and there was no tight feeling at all. And that day was pretty cold too. It took about 3 days of using this for my skin to be moisturized, plump, with no flakies whatsoever. I used orbis' aqua force extra gel with their aqua lotion for 3 weeks with no change at all so i was pretty impressed.
After using it for 2 weeks day and night, i've experienced no peeling and no cystic acne yay!! However, it does seem to have clogged my pores a bit and now I have a few tiny pimples, so.. I've switched to their hydrance optimal Light cream for the day and I use the rich one only at night. I cheated and tried Bioderma sensibio soothing cream in rich again just to see the difference, and my skin was itchy in minutes. This avene rich cream really feels comfortable on my skin.
Overall, I think it's a very good winter moisturizer even though it caused minor breakouts, but hey, i'd rather have that than dry, itchy skin with cystic acne to boost. The tube packaging is also a plus, very clean, and although it's a tad on the expensive side for the amount you get, for me it was worth it.
UPDATE: While I still use it once in a while when my skin feels dry, I've had to stop using it since it was breaking me out too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

I have very, very sensitive acne prone skin. It's hard for me to find any moisturizer that does not irritate my skin, clog my pores and cause me to breakout.

This moisturizer is incredible, INCREDIBLE! It strangely calms my skin and elimnates redness over weeks of use. It hydrates my skin deeeeeep down so I feel like my skin is stronger and supple from the inside out. It alsodoes not cause any breakouts.

I normally use the Avene cream for intolerant skin but the winter is so harsh this year it wasn't cutting it for me as far as moisture went. This cream is thicker but not heavy and I like it sooooo much more. It sinks into my skin within moments and doesnt leave any oily residue. My skin looks supple, hydrated and just overall healthy. I LOVE it.
Edit: been some time using this moisturizer and Im more impressed with it than ever, zero breakouts, smooth baby soft skin, my HG

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by rigatoni28

Something in this cream made my skin itch terribly starting with the very first time I used it. This just didn't work for me at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2008 4:25:00 AM More reviews by frootloop75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well priced evening moisturizer.

Pros:
- reasonable price
- made my skin feel really moisturized
- no break outs
- good for winter

Cons:
- a bit heavy
- takes a while to absorb
- does cause a bit of pore blockage

I will use this in the future as a fall back option to use when the winters get very cold and harsh on my skin.

Update: I have been rethinking my regime since I had my skincare reviewed by my beautician. She made a few valid points. After all these months of using Avene, my face was still very dry. The cream just doesn't skin in well with my skin. I have switched to kiehls lycopene cream for night and am trialling the zelens day cream. Also cleansing with my salon's own brand of cleanser and non peel exfoliant. So far so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by vdn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

hoping for a good moisture boost for my rosacea prone skin, will update!