April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Yunak

I got the shade honey which is the third lightest shade, it seems to suit me and brighten my skin. This is a great full coverage concealer the only issue i have with this is that after some time its has the tendency to crease and fade, I need to reapply this to make it last.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love how this concealer performs. It is so creamy and radiant. Being a 40+ woman, I can't avoid fine lines and dark circles around my eyes. I have to use good eye cream, and I want something that plumps up my under eyes. And this really looks like it slightly does it. Brightens my eyes and doesn't settle in fine lines.
Only problem is the colour range. I use NARS sheer glow in Gobi and Deauville and TM in Finland. I thought that I should get Vanilla, but MUA matched me to Custard. It is too dark. I might be able to use it when I get some tan. I ordered Vanilla, and it still is too pink. I have to use Vanilla first to brighten, and then add some Custard to make it natural. After that it is really beautiful. There should be better match for light with neutral and yellow undertones. Chantilly is too white.
I have Benefit Erase Paste #fair and I love it, but it is a little too pink. Bo-ing in lightest is too dark, but right amount of yellow.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by KimS369

I bought this concealer after reading great reviews and seeing that Wayne Goss had bought the whole colour range.
I loved it! So when it got stollen along with my luggage it was the first thing to be replaced.
Both times I bought the colour Chantilly (Ivory) which is the lightest shade and was perfect until my super pale skin somehow managed to tan without burning!
So, I repurchased again in Vanilla (Pink undertone) which is now perfect. When I'm not wearing a full face of makeup its just this on under eye cycles and spots.
Stays on and doesn't seem to make dry patches look worse like some concealers do.
Repurchased 3 times and would happily do so again.
Only downside is that the doe foot is not that sanitary and that the tube and get a bit mucky with excess concealer.
Still, a great concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this concealer. It is beautiful for under the eyes and really brightens up my face. I am a PPP, Nw10 and I use the shade "chantilly", which is the lightest color. I am fairly neutral, and this shade does have a *slight* yellow tone to it but blended out it is not noticeable at all. I love the consistency and how easily it blends. It does stay on for a good 12 hours once set with powder. I am not one to spend a lot on cosmetics if I don't have to, but somethings really are just better in the higher end brands. It is really pricey ($30US) but it is worth it. Love love love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing great reviews everywhere. I've been using it for a week and so far..
Colour : I have Ginger, which I thought might be too light for my NC40/BB Warm Natural skin but the SA said the next one up (Biscuit) was not yellow toned enough. It seems to warm up on my skin and looks OK, but I think I could do with a touch more yellow. I had to take a passport-sized photo with flash the next day and this concealer looked literally picture-perfect worn with foundation and powder. Not too confident about wearing it just on its own, though; it doesn't exactly have that "melt-into-the-skin" quality I have been looking for.
Application : goes on quite smoothly without dragging. I apply a few dots in the inner corners and pat it in with a Bare Minerals concealer brush (wide and flat), and finish off by patting with my fingers.
Texture : not the creamiest I've ever used. This one feels like it's got some powder mixed in to give it body. Unlike other wand concealers I've used it can emphasise lines, so I now wear eye cream underneath and set with only a very light dusting of powder.
Coverage : can be patchy and bobbly depending if I've applied it over foundation, so usually needs a second layer. At the end of the day I've still got some coverage but it's faded and patchy; the good news though is that it hasn't settled in lines.
Before this I used MAC Moisture Cover NC42 mixed with NC35 or more recently, with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Medium 25 which I'd had to grab from a drugstore in a concealer "emergency". I wish I'd tried a darker shade in Fit Me instead. I think it has a better texture and wear than NARS.
*Update* Maybe I've finally got the application right - it's performing much better across the board. A repeat purchase is now very likely!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

Pricey! But worth it. Most amazing concealer I've ever used. I used to use concealers from the drugstore that only made my acne worse, but this doesn't do that. Very natural looking. Blends right into the skin, and looks like skin! Try it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good concealer - pigmented, quite easy to blend, dries down to a nice matte that doesn't budge. However because of the high pigmentation, if you don't get an exact colour match, it's not very forgiving. I'm the depth of Vanilla, however this pulls *so* pink on my neutral/yellow undertone skin that I can't even really use it! The next two colours above Vanilla are so strange - one (honey) is very orange-peach and one (custard) is very yellow and too dark for me. I refuse to buy two $35 concealers just to get a colour match!! I'm sure if I mixed custard and vanilla it would be perfect but that's just ridiculous. I can't say that I love this more than my trusty mac studio finish in the pot. I would suggest getting a sample of this and trying it at home before you make a purchase. I'm not very impressed that anyone below a NC25 can't get a colour match in this line.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by milkycinnabon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This concealer is my absolute holy grail! I am so pale that my dark circles show right through. They are very dark and purple toned, which makes it hard to find a concealer that has a heavy enough coverage that doesn't cake up throughout the day... but this one doesn't! It is moisturizing enough so you can use it if you have fine lines underneath your eyes, but make sure to roll on some powder. I get about 10 or so hours of wear with it. The price is quite steep but you can easily get 6-8 months of wear from one tube, it is just brilliant and I'd highly recommend this to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

Great coverage, color, no crease/fine line seepage. I like this way better than my Lancome waterproof concealer which looks ashy and dry. Right now this is the only thing holding my look together. Givenchy foundation was a disappointment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, let's put it straight - for me, it is the best concealer I've ever used. It has won the HG status in my makeup kit and I have backups in my bag for potential touch-ups. I'm seriously in love and here's why...

Pros:
- Great range of shades from light to deep, pink to yellow undertones.
- Great pigmentation, I would say medium to full coverage
- It really is long-lasting, I hardly need to retouch it during the day
- Doesn't go into the fine lines
- The finish is somewhere between matte and luminous; it looks really natural as it blends really nicely onto the skin

Cons:
- Pricey; 26 euros for 6ml. Ouch!
- I'm a MAC NC40 and I have to mix two shades to get the perfect match on me (MEDIUM2 Ginger + MED/DARK2 Caramel) so it's even pricier
- The doe-foot applicator makes me feel I will never be able to use the whole product so that is another $$$ that's gone! And it's not very hygienic in my opinion. I would have loved a tube like the Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer.

In short:
My favorite concealer so far (and I've tried a lot, since I'm obsessed with foundations and concealers for years - my other obsession is luxury/high-end makeup brushes) but I would love NARS to rethink this product for a more economic (for the customer at least) and more hygienic packaging! This is why I didn't give the product 5 lippies but as for effectiveness and finish, this concealer performs - almost - like magic. Really love it.