NYX HD Studio Finishing Powder

4.3

Silica, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

I have a sad story about this one. First two days I wore this, I was amazed. I had never seen my skin look so good, glowy, MATTE..perfection. I noticed two cystic acne flare ups and figured it might be due to something else. The third day, I had about 5 cycstic acne spots on my face. I stopped using it, and two days later my face cleared up, so I knew it was because of this. I'm not sure if it's a reaction to silica, or maybe a cheap filler?! It took a week to get my face healed. I have sensitive/acne prone skin, but it only reacts to products. there's always a reason. Anyone else experience this??

on 12/10/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been looking for a good finishing powder for quite some time when I saw this at my local Target for only $10. I looked at the ingredients, 100% silica, same as many much more expensive powders like Make Up Forever. I decided to give it a try, and I am quite glad I did. It does buff into my skin very well, and gives me a nice even matte finish. It also does seem to control shine for a pretty long time. The powder performs on par with it's more expensive counterparts. Unfortunately, there are some things I don't like about this powder, it does tend to cling to dry skin. Even patches of dry skin that I didn't even know were there. And the packaging is just horrible. The sifter has giant holes, and many of them. This powder is so finely milled that it just flies everywhere when opened unless I am very careful with it. Due to the packaging I don't think I could ever travel with this stuff. However, the pros definitely outweigh the cons and I think I will repurchase when I run out.

on 12/4/2013 12:43:00 PM

I use this silica powder nearly every day. In winter I use it for shine on my forehead and nose but in summer it is a lifesaver when my face sweats like crazy. It so far is the only good powder I found for summer heat, but I love how this buffs out large pores. It doesn't add any more color which often makes me look over made up which I have heavy hands so I need a colorless sheer finish. Only takes a little to fill in pores to make my face look more smooth. This is a must have for me.

I saw this at Ulta and the first thing that caught my eye was the sleek packaging. It is packaged in a black, professional-looking container. I apply my makeup in the morning around 6 and I go through a long day at school including physical education and somehow I do not need to blot throughout the day. This powder definitely keeps me matte and I love it!
This is the first product I ever try from NYX, but after using this powder I will definitely look into trying out more stuff from this brand.

on 11/24/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Had high hopes but not nearly as a refined finish as MUFE's version. Looks and feels chalky, and made me breakout.

on 11/11/2013 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Holy cow! This powder is life changing! It sets even my creamiest foundations and keeps me shine free and natural looking all day! No white cast, just a perfectly set face that lasts hours! My T zone is oily so when I first tried this and looked in the mirror hours later, I was amazed! For ten bucks, I will continue to repurchase! I love this powder.

on 11/1/2013 9:53:00 AM

I have no idea why no one is really talking about this in the YouTube world, but I love this product!! WIll continue to repurchase time and time again. Sets my makeup, gives me a wonderful, naturally matte look, yet does not cake up no matter how much I put on! Love love love. Price is cheap, product is amazing. My only con is that I wish there was more in a container... I go through this like water.

on 10/29/2013 11:38:00 AM

It has taken me 7 years to find a product that controls oil on my obnoxiously oily skin. And when I say "oily" I mean "within 30 minutes of applying foundation my forehead and nose are glistening." I have tried so many different primers, foundations, powders and skin care products - everything from high to low-end, and nothing has came close to controlling my oil like NYX HD powder. I can go 8-9 hours now before noticing a sheen of any kind which is a small miracle in my book.

Yes, the packaging is horrible. The sifter top has too many large holes and since the power is very fine, whenever you open the top, it flies everywhere. My solution was to only open 1 hole and keep the others taped off. I flip over the jar, give it a tap on the bottom then flip it back over and tap it on top. I have found that what remains on the top after opening the jar is plenty of powder to cover my entire face, while keeping the mess to a minimum. I apply this powder with either a fan brush or an EcoTools powder brush.

For $10 at Ulta, this is a steal and I will be repurchasing when I run out.

on 10/29/2013 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

FOR THE PRICE OF SETTING POWDERS ITS AWESOME. YES I LOV IT ITS VERY SHEER AND LIGHT SO BE CAREFULL OPENING IT. ITS GREAT SETTING POWDER, NO BREAKOUTS, NO SMELL.

on 10/28/2013 12:53:00 AM

Another raving review. Surprise! This was the first drugstore setting powder that I've tried. I've always used high end setting powders. I was a little hesitant. I wasn't sure if this was going to dry me out (since I have drier skin). To my surprise, it didn't dry me out! In fact, my makeup stayed in place for 5+ while in college classes! Booya! The less makeup I have to reapply the better.

Best. Setting Powder. Ever.

Recommended for Normal Skin