October 26, 2014 | 1380 users online

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

10/10. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by whatever1399

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. It is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted an actually translucent pressed powder that I could use to touch up through out the day. VERY CHEAP- under $5. It's a pure white powder that dusts on translucent. This is absolutely a dream for my extremely fair, combo skin, although those with deeper skin tones might want to go lighter handed. It's very buttery and soft- sometimes a tad too soft so there is excess powder after dusting your brush across it, but nothing major. The packaging is alrighty- moderately sturdy plastic that could withstand being carried around in bag for a while, but not sturdy enough where I'm confident about not smashing it. There's also no mirror, which sucks, but not a huge deal. That's alright though, a fantastic quality packaging would drive the price up. I plan to transfer this product to a mirror sturdy compact.

I don't like to use this in the morning. In the morning after all my foundation/concealer, I set it all with my MUFE HD powder (amazing). I find that the Essence powder doesn't quite do it for setting for me personally, it works better as a blotting powder throughout the day, which is exactly what I bought it for.

I dust this on, and magically, my oil is virtually gone leaving me with a fantastic matte, non powdery finish. Cannot get enough of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rilakkumastrawberrycake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a-m-a-z-i-n-g

i bought this product today because right now the temperature is very hot and humid and i really needed to do something about my oily t-zone.

i am using the SKIN79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm BB Cream but I needed some finish powder just in case. Today when i went to the shop to search for some sheer matt make up powder, and i got this one recommended from the shop assistent.

I was a bit unsure first because it was so cheap and the package was kind of unattractive to me on first sight.

But i was so wrong !!! I applied this powder after using the bb cream and my skin was so matt and not oily !! And it stayed like this for hours that being said its humid as heck and my skin would always go oily - no matter what.

So this is truly a great discovery and a really great miracle.

I´m so happy i discovered this product and can finally enjoy an oil free t-zone even during summer ^_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Essence says "if you prefer pressed powders, this fine compact powder is for you! It can be applied above foundation to mattify your skin and set your makeup. For a matt, natural, and smooth complexion. Available in one transparent color for all skin types." I had a hard time tracking down this powder, I finally found it at my local Ulta. The All About Matt powder contains 8 grams (.28 oz) and sells for $4.99. Essence products are available at Ulta and Fred Myers stores in America. Essence does not test on animals. This pressed powder was made in Poland.
Packaging for Essence's All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder is quite plain and a little flimsy. This powder comes in a clear, mirrorless compact. The Essence logo and product name are printed on the flip top in bold red lettering. A grey label is affixed to the back of the compact. This label offers a description in English, German, and French as well as a full ingredient list. The red letters are very striking against the background of white powder, this product will immediately catch your eye in the Essence display. I think it is quite silly that there is no mirror in this compact, that doesn't make it very portable does it? Also, the clear case is an absolute magnet for fingerprints and smudges.
Essence's All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder is a matte, white pressed powder with a simple raised designed imprinted in it. This powder is firmly pressed and very finely milled. Despite being so dense in the pan, All About Matt kicks up a fair amount of excess powder, which seems to be a common theme with Essence's powder products. Essence has never shied away from offering unique and interesting products not typically available in American drugstores, and that is certainly true for this product. The closest drugstore equivalent to this powder is ELF's HD Powder, which is a loose setting powder. I assume Essence was trying to dupe NARS Light Reflecting Powder with this product. This white pressed powder is not meant to add any coverage at all, it exists solely to mattify and set foundation, and that is exactly what it does. Essence's Fixing Compact Powder takes down the shine of any foundation without giving the complexion an artificial matte finish. I can see why Essence calls it a fixing powder, as it seems to blur imperfections and greatly reduces the appearance of pores. The effects last for several hours, which is good since it isn't easy to reapply All About Matt on-the-go. I suggest patting this powder on with a flat powder brush like Essence's Powder Brush All About Matt is white in the pan, it goes on translucent when applied. This powder does not leave a white cast, but it neutralizes the color of the foundation underneath it.
I really like Essence's All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder, much more than I expected. Packaging isn't ideal. This white powder mattifies, controls oil, and masks pores without leaving a white cast. If you've been meaning to try an HD Powder but don't want to bother with the mess of loose powders, consider Essence's Fixing Compact Powder. It offers the same effect with much more practical application. In the past I've hit pan on Essence powder products very quickly, so I expect to finish and repurchase All About Matt.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Jozefien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love it.great price.no cons

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Nat360

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just what I needed. No Mica just straight mattyfying where I need it the most. I don't look like a glitter bomb and it sets my bb cream perfectly and holds it in place for the day. I'm a happy camper for now great makeup at reasonable prices thanks Essence.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by Rebecca0407

love it! I use it everyday right at the end to set everything, doesn't matter what foundation I'm wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

NICE little product.
If TALC and SILICA had a baby, this would be the one.) It is excellent at absorbing oil, while applying smoothly and adding a soft focus effect. These qualities are provided mainly by the first three ingredients.

The third one in the list is SAPHIRE powder. It is rather odd as a cosmetic ingredient. I've never seen it before, but when you think of it saphire is just fancy glass, silica is glass too, so it is safe to assume they function alike.
ALUMINUM starch octenylsuccinate also has absorption abilities but it is mainly used in cosmetics as an anticaking agent, a great ingredient to have in a powder both for ease of application and for adhesion to skin.
The main ingredient is TALC, an ingredient that as a male with oily skin I could never live without. I love talc and I think people should not avoid it based on mere rumors.

Back to the powder itself, I was glad to give it a try but eventually went back to my usual routine: sunscreen, marcelle loose powder, bronzer/blush, and ELF silica. I have complete control of how much of each I apply instead of using a 2in1 product. But this performed similarly and some people might find the pressed powder form more practical. I prefer loose powders as I apply only at home in the morning, and don't need to carry sifters around. A couple of blottings through the day are more than enough.

But this would be a great powder that combines superbly the qualities of talc and silica, while being truly translucent and usable by everyone. Those with oily skin should not be worried as this does not contain mica. The pressed powder form and slim compact make it ideal for frequent touch-ups, thought you might not need as many with this product.:) Contains 0.28oz/8.0g. Made in Poland.

NOTE: Canadians should also give the MARCELLE loose powder a try.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by sultryvoice

A very inexpensive and fabulous buy! I have an ultra oily t-zone and have been desperate to find a pressed powder that would prevent shine for more than 30mins. I have a number of powder compacts, but none of them absorb the shine like I need. Well, I have finally found a matte powder that works! And, it disappears on my mocha complexion! Ladies of colour, fear not as this will not make you look ashy. Before I head out for the day, I will do my makeup routine and then finish with a dusting of All About Matt with my face brush. I do concentrate the powder a bit more on my nose and around my nose because that is where I get really shiny. Then I just carry my regular powder compact for touch ups and I am good to go! No more glaring shine! Now, I do believe that the aluminum in the powder is what does the absorbing (just like in anti-perspirant), but the amount is so little that I am not concerned about the possible health issues connected to it. Until I find a more natural powder that is just as reliable for oil absorption, this will be it.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I bought MAC's pressed version of "prep and prime" the week it was released. I like it a lot, and I actually completely finished it, which is a surprise for me.

I'd recommend this pressed powder instead of MAC p&p (especially on the go--I'm paranoid about pricy powders breaking in my bag). Thusly, I'm not big on loose powder (so messy!), nor am I a fan of overspending--this essence powder alleviates both concerns, at about an 1/8th of the price of the aforementioned MAC powder. However, the essence powder doesn't contain a mirror, and I wish it did. I personally am ok with carrying my own mirror. Or using a bathroom mirror, which I typically do anyway when I use powder.

I'm glad there's no applicator, cos they make packaging more cumbersome, product unnecessarily
expensive, and are never any count...generally useless garbage I end up tossing. No applicator, no mirror...I'm ok with that, given the quality of the product.

This product seems a bit like the loose silica powders that are popular (MUFE HD and the like,) so if you do well with those you'll love this for touch ups, I presume.

I apply with an ecotools retractable kabuki, and its undetectable on my NW20 skin, or I've used the Sonia kashuk "dupe" of MAC 187. I like Eco tools for the portability. The powder is undetectable, of course, if you don't count the lack of shine...and I most certainly do.

Highly recommended.