December 21, 2014 | 1552 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by apatheticskittle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BEST SHINE CONTROL EVER! Granted I haven't tried many primers or powders, but from my personal experience and how MASSIVELY OILY I am, I can vouch that this is a great mattifying/oil control powder. I use this after applying my Missha BB cream with an ELF studio kabuki brush. At first the finish is a little more matte than my personal preference and my face looks a little whitish (for me, idk if it's due to my darker yellow undertones), but give it about an hour for it to fully set and oxidize with your foundation (if you're wearing any underneath)... the look is FLAWLESS! My large pores and hyperpigmentations seem like they're even concealed better. Normally when I wear my BB cream (even with oil control primer), I can last at most 2 hours before my skin becomes oily and cakes up my makeup. With Essence powder, my makeup can last up to 6 hours before I get too oily and have to blot/touch up, but even then my makeup doesn't cake at all!! I can't rave about this product enough... I will definitely be repurchasing this and stocking up!

I bought this for $3.99USD at Ulta, though not every Ulta store carries this product (unfortunately!).

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ixSNOWBUNNYx3

WOW. WOW. WOW.

This beats any of the drugstore setting powders by a LOT. I've tried the Rimmel Stay Matte, and that didn't work for me. I just recently hit pan on my Maybelline dream matte, and that stuff was way too expensive for me. I was panicking to find something to keep my oily skin in check.

Thank goodness I found the all about matt powder! It goes at about 4 dollars at SDM, and I think this product is more worth than that.

The packaging is simple, and so easy to operate and use. A little bit of this, goes a looongg way. I didn't need to cake on the powder, and it's doing a great job of keeping me matte. It's a great, natural finish, and it looks totally natural.

This stuff. is... too awesome for words.!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard to believe that this little $4 compact beats all of my other powders, high-end or drugstore. High lasting power (~5-6 hours on my oily T-zone, impressive for me) and a barely detectable finish. This does not cake up foundation and the white colour is translucent when applied on my NC20 skin. No coverage of any sort but it is simply the best product for mattifying my skin. I apply this with a large Real Techniques Powder Brush and it works perfectly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I freaking love this stuff! For a product under $5, I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. I've tried so many powders that claim they 'mattify' you for hours but they always failed on that part as well as making me look cakey. This actually keeps me from getting oily for quite a long time - around 5 or 6 hours.

I do have to warn people who have darker complexions to use this sparingly because I find that it does give a white cast to the face. Other than that downside, I really enjoy using this and it has made its way into my daily routine. I already purchased a back up of this stuff since I already hit pan on it (that just shows how much I love it). For something so affordable yet it offers such great quality, it really is a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by vonbraun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it is cheap however it is just great for me.I never wear foundation and i only apply sun screen and this product is amazing.it is like a transparent powder and that s what i needed,it is white however when you apply it you dont look like a ghost.i will purchase it again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by BeautVogue8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

what a little gem! i bought three more one for the car my purse and locker at work just bc i never want to be without this. After applying my makeup i use my ben nye banana powder to keep my extremely oily skin at bay around my nose forehead and chin then touch up with the essence powder throughout the day or night as needed. so basically as a blot powder instead of the ben nye powder since i dont want to add color and look cakey. this is perfect for that, adds no color not even a white cast just simply absorbs oil and is so light! i would have paid 20$+ for this if u can find it at ulta ur lucky grab it!! must have for me

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I can usually slap any mu product on with abandon , but something in this breaks me out. I'm convinced of it. I Blame the 2nd ing.
Sensitive skin beware

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by creepfancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

10/10. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by whatever1399

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. It is exactly what I was looking for. I wanted an actually translucent pressed powder that I could use to touch up through out the day. VERY CHEAP- under $5. It's a pure white powder that dusts on translucent. This is absolutely a dream for my extremely fair, combo skin, although those with deeper skin tones might want to go lighter handed. It's very buttery and soft- sometimes a tad too soft so there is excess powder after dusting your brush across it, but nothing major. The packaging is alrighty- moderately sturdy plastic that could withstand being carried around in bag for a while, but not sturdy enough where I'm confident about not smashing it. There's also no mirror, which sucks, but not a huge deal. That's alright though, a fantastic quality packaging would drive the price up. I plan to transfer this product to a mirror sturdy compact.

I don't like to use this in the morning. In the morning after all my foundation/concealer, I set it all with my MUFE HD powder (amazing). I find that the Essence powder doesn't quite do it for setting for me personally, it works better as a blotting powder throughout the day, which is exactly what I bought it for.

I dust this on, and magically, my oil is virtually gone leaving me with a fantastic matte, non powdery finish. Cannot get enough of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by rilakkumastrawberrycake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

a-m-a-z-i-n-g

i bought this product today because right now the temperature is very hot and humid and i really needed to do something about my oily t-zone.

i am using the SKIN79 Super Plus Beblesh Balm BB Cream but I needed some finish powder just in case. Today when i went to the shop to search for some sheer matt make up powder, and i got this one recommended from the shop assistent.

I was a bit unsure first because it was so cheap and the package was kind of unattractive to me on first sight.

But i was so wrong !!! I applied this powder after using the bb cream and my skin was so matt and not oily !! And it stayed like this for hours that being said its humid as heck and my skin would always go oily - no matter what.

So this is truly a great discovery and a really great miracle.

I´m so happy i discovered this product and can finally enjoy an oil free t-zone even during summer ^_^