November 24, 2014 | 2060 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

I bought this in the color Fortune Cookie, and I love how it nudes and pale-ifies my pigmented lips, and makes them look luscious and plush. I'm just starting my 4th month of accutane, and I haven't worn any lip products except lip balm b/c my lips are ridiculously chapped, dry, and flaky, and even bleed sometimes. But I heard such amazing things about this gloss, including how moisturizing it is, so I thought I would give it a try. Oh my goodness, this gloss is seriously moisturizing and beautifully hydrating. I love the sponge tip applicator (b/c brushes tend to splay.. I'm giving you the evil eye Shiseido Luminizing Lip Gloss =/). I also love how inexpensive they are ($4.99). And the smell... oh my goodness, the smell - like sugar cookies, but very subtle, not strong and sickly. I may try other colors, but once I find a nude I love, I tend to stick with it. All in all, I'm glad I tried it and will continue to purchase!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So after seeing great reviews of these for months I just bought my first one. I have to say that I am a little surprised. What I am surprised about is this... I bought 2 glosses from ELF that are almost identical to these in texture and pigment. I got those for 1$. I was thinking these must be really something special from the reviews. I cant really tell much difference to be honest. These might be just a TAD bit smoother but not really so much that I notice it alot. I DO like the applicator and package better than the ELF. Its a tube that squeezes out and I dont care for it. These are pigmented (well the one i bought) about the same as the ELF are, which is fairly good for a gloss. I am not saying there is anything wrong with these at all. They seem to be quality glosses for DS. I did pay more for these tho 5$. Another good thing is that they have alot more color selection with these. So I guess its a toss up for me. If I want a different color, I would go back and buy these. The color I got ended up being about the same as the color I got of the ELF ( looked different in package to me) so I am set for a while with gloss lol.

Edit: So after wearing this for a while I have noticed something that has really caused me to stop wearing it. If you get any amount of it in your mouth, it has that old fashioned lipstick taste. I absolutley cant stand it so its a deal breaker for me. The taste lasts for hours and its awful. Took off 2 lippies for that and wont buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I want every single one of these. These are by FAR my FAVORITE drugstore glosses beside the Milani ones. These are glossy, creamy, pigmented and smell so freaking good. All of the colors are great.

These are not sticky, crappy, or sheer. They are totally my kind of gloss. I am not a gloss person but these are for me. They remind me of the Buxom lip cream glosses which are by far my favorite glosses ever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two colors. I appreciate the texture and pigmentation. The lasting power isn't too long, but reapplication isn't an issue because its doesn't appear streaky and all that.

Worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh.My.Gosh. NYX Butter Glosses are my favorite lip gloss in the long history of me wearing lip gloss! I bought my first gloss at the beauty store then bought several more colors at the local department store. I started off with Creme Brulee, which is a perfectly nude gloss for everyday wear, not too pale, not too pink, just nice and shiny. I then bought Apple Strudel, Peaches 'N Cream, which had a little more color but were still tame enough to wear to work. I then purchased Cherry Cheesecake and Peach Cobbler. At this point, my Doberman decided to eat my Apple Strudel gloss (probably because they smell SOOO GOOD!) and I cried a little, but then I got it the next day in my mail order subscription bag *hooray!*. I just bought Cupcake and Sugar Cookie, and plan on purchasing more as I find more colors in-store. I love the names of these glosses, which are apt because they have the best smell, like vanilla or cookies maybe, and they are wonderful to wear every day. They have a medium color payoff so you can definitely tell you're wearing a colored gloss but it is sheer and shiny and generally lovely. They're not sticky, they are nice and smooth and you can build up the color on your lips. As a long-haired lady, it sometimes becomes an issue for me to wear lip gloss in high wind conditions but I will just pull my hair back if it means I get to enjoy these wonderful glosses! They last fairly well, but they are a gloss so it obviously isn't as long lasting as a stain or matte lipstick, but in terms of gloss staying-power, they are great! They are inexpensive which means you can get the whole collection without breaking the bank! Overall, I have and will definitely repurchase these NYX Butter Glosses. The smell, feel, look, and pigmentation is great and the price is even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbeauty1065

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these!!! I am normally not a gloss person and I heard about these, I was like 'non sticky' yeah right. It's a gloss. But I decided to try one anyway. First off I love the colors and they smell amazing! I couldn't believe how it actually felt creamy and smooth and wasn't sticky! I love these butter glosses :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by cutelittlethings

Love this! I have 2 of them, one in the color Tiramisu and the other one in the color Eclair. This is my favorite lip gloss since its not sticky, and surprisingly not TOO glossy. Its still glossy but more like a natural gloss. Price is also very cheap. This gloss is also very moisturizing, so you don't need to worry if you forgot to put on a lip balm before. Packaging is very simple, just like any other lip glosses, but this one looks cute tho. The only cons is probably the color doesn't stays on really long so you'll need to reapply after a few minutes/hours. I don't really mind since this is a lip gloss tho.. if you want a lip color that stays on long i recommend to use NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream. Overall, this product is really nice, definitely one of my favorite makeup product ever! Will DEFINITELY repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite lip gloss. I only own two colors but I plan to buy more very soon. This feels nice on my lips and I am pleased that it is not too sticky. After a few minutes it almost feels like a lip butter balm.

I put this lip gloss (Apple Strudel) up to a test tonight while attending a dinner party. It did a pretty decent job at lasting through many sips of my drink, a meal, and dessert. After dessert it did not look freshly applied but it still looked okay enough with a little bit of color and a touch of gloss. I did apply my Apple Strudel again after dessert just because I wanted to add more color and shine to make it look freshly applied.

The price is really good so I don’t want to complain too much about the packaging because all that matters is how the gloss performs and looks. However if the glosses really sell well enough then I hope they improve the packaging. I would prefer it to be see through so I can see the actual color of the gloss inside and to know how much is left. I am very upset that it is not sealed closed with a wrapper and for that reason alone I put off buying it for a very long time.

The two colors I own are Apple Strudel and Crème Brulee. Both colors are perfect for daily use. I think my favorite is Apple Strudel which appears as a light peachy pink color. Crème Brulee is a very natural nude pink on my lips which is perfect for a "no makeup" look or when I have lots of dark eye makeup on. The fragrance of my Apple Strudel smells so good! I am disappointed that my Crème Brulee does not have that nice vanilla cake like smell so I hope I didn't get a bad one.

I am happy I finally tried the Nxy Butter Gloss and I can't wait to buy more colors soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

This is the best lipgloss I have ever used. I have about six shades now and love them all. My favorites are Apple Strudel, Tiramisu and Angel Food Cake. They are beautifully pigmented, easy to apply, and not sticky at all! Also, they smell like CAKE! I don't even use my go-to MAC glosses ever since discovering these.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the colour 'apple strudel'. It's a very subtle natural pink colour. I like this because it adds enough colour to brighten up my face, but not too much that it draws attention to my lips. The texture is very creamy/buttery, rather than sticky and liquidy like most glosses.