NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 1/17/2015 9:42:00 PM

Own quite a few butter glosses. Love these so much. Awesome price and extremely buttery and come in tons of colors. My favorites are eclair and tiramisu! Also the smell is to die for (in my opinion) but if you're not into sweet smelling things, they may not be for you.

on 1/17/2015 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in fortune cookie which is a light nude pinkish color. Smells like graham crackers- sweet and not overpowering and flowery. This is the smoothest gloss I have- not tacky at all and it feels like I'm adding moisture to my lips. If this were clear I'd totally use it as a lip balm. With this shade I only use a dab on my bottom lip and smack my lips together and that seems to be enough to lighten up my super red lips. I use this all the time since it's not super shiny. Perfect for casual days. Would buy again.

Sooooo obsessed. Application is smooth and creamy, the pigmentation is amazing for a gloss like this, and they smell SO delicious!! Every time I wear this gloss I crave sweets. I love the great variety of shades available.

on 1/13/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great lip gloss for a great value. It feels really smooth on my lips, no stickiness or goop. I'm almost 30 and I wear lip gloss sometimes and lipstick other times...I don't feel that lip gloss is a "teen" trend.

on 1/12/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love these glosses!! I have 3 neutral pinky type shades creme brle, apple strudel and vanilla cream pie. I typically use these alone with a lip liner and always get compliments on them.

They are a buttery texture and not sticky at all (hence the name). Of course they come off when you eat and drink but they don't claim to be long lasting.

Will definitely be buying again.

I haven't been big on lip gloss since I was young, I feel like lip gloss is more of a tweenage thing. But these butter glosses are like lip gloss for adults. They go on super smooth and creamy, and give your lips a great sheer color that isnt too super shiny like a lot of other gloss. They stay put pretty well and aren't sticky or gooey, but also not watery to the point where the gloss runs down your lip line on the bottom. These are great worn alone or with lipstick underneath.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm not particularly blown away but at the same time there isn't much to complain about. It goes on like a gloss, but looks like lipstick. For some reason I thought it would be matte, but it isn't. The color I have it in is Madeleine and its a nude color. And at six bucks it's a pretty good deal.

on 1/4/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! Lasts forever

on 1/2/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

THIS IS LIP GLOSS IS AMAZING!!! I was never huge on lipgloss before these, but lip glosses are SUPER pigmented. They are only 5 bucks which is a steal of you ask me! You can get them at target but NYX products often go on sale for buy 1 get one %50 off at Ulta, which is why I own 6! If you have I problem with smell I wouldn't recommend these. It's a very cake-y, vanilla-y smell which I absolutely love. I also really like that these lip glosses aren't sticky which is which I didn't like lip glosses before. If your looking for a good gloss, go for these!

on 1/2/2015 6:07:00 PM

I absolutely love these glosses, they are moisturizing, creamy, non-sticky and they don't slip right off your lips. Best of all, they are also very pigmented. I currently have four colours from the range:

Vanilla Cream Pie, which is a medium cool-toned pink.
Tiramisu, a pinky brown nude, definitely not too dark, but also won't wash you out.
Cherry Cheese Cake, a very intensive and pigmented red-orange.
Apple Strudel, a light nudish peachy pink.

Out of these four, Apple Strudel has the least pigmentation, the other three are very pigmented. None of these will settle into lip lines, and they last about 2 hours on the lips! The only bad thing I'd say about these glosses is that while Apple Strudel smells wonderful, like vanilla ice cream, the other three smell like awful waxy cheap vanilla scented candle. They don't smell edible, but technically they do smell vanilla. Other than that, they have no taste, and are quite wonderful, affordable glosses!

I have filmed a review of this, which include swatches of these colours. If you are interested, feel free to watch it!

Recommended for Medium Skin