April 18, 2014 | 1786 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2014 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

Sticky!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Looks like I'm about to rain on the Butter Gloss parade. I just don't get the hype about this lip gloss. I've tried Creme Brule and Cherry Cheesecake and neither impressed me. They do smell very good but the scent disipates very quickly, they also have no taste. I think if a gloss is going to smell delicious, it should smell delicious for longer than 4 minutes and should taste good, too! The texture is pretty average, just a soft non-sticky gloss which is starting to become more and more the norm in glosses. The colors are fairly opaque, with Creme Brule being just milky enough to settle into lip lines. They didn't last long either. I just don't think the quality is there in many NYX products. And I probably would never buy another if they didn't always manage to lure me in with dirt cheap prices.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought the NYX lip butter lip gloss in Maple Blonde & I love it! It smells amazing. It lasts on my lips about 2 hours if I'm not eating or drinking. The color is a baby pink. It doesn't dry out my lips at all. They're inexpensive. I bought it at Ulta & they were buy 1 get 1 1/2 off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I waited quite a while to try these glosses out. I'm not really a gloss person anyway, so they didn't really interest me, but I gave them a go to see what all the buzz was about. I got three colors, but Maple Blondie turned out to be my favorite of the bunch. I like how pigmented the gloss is, but I find it takes a while to settle onto your lips. The texture is smooth and silky and the formula lasts quite a while on my lips. I love using these to layer over/under my otherwise boring neutral pink lipsticks.

I only gave these a 3 because they don't seem that special to me. I like that the entire line has cream finishes, but the color range was too similar for my taste. The other two colors I got, I think Eclair and Meringue, are too similar on the lips for me to own both. I ordered online and wasn't able to test them prior, but other than the ones I ordered I'm not interested in purchasing more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the formula and the colors they have.... they just dont last long on your lips :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Probably my favorite of my lip gloss collection, which says a lot lol. NYX makes great lip products in general and I was so excited when these came out. These are so opaque and come in the prettiest colors. Without eating or drinking these stay on my lips quite a long time, I would say 3-4+ hours (I'm not one who minds reapplying my lipgloss throughout the day). They smell good too, not heavily perfumed and fake like so many other glosses do. Kind of like vanilla mixed with cake batter? I own 4 and plan on adding to my collection. Right now I own Tiramisu (beigey MLBB shade), Vanilla Cream Pie (baby Pink), Eclaire (cool toned bubblegum) and Strawberry Parfait (toned down fuchsia). Love them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in Eclair and I quite like it. The texture of the gloss is creamy and slick, not at all sticky or gloppy. It goes on smoothly, has nice shine, and doesn't leave the dreaded white line on lips. It doesn't have much of a taste besides a slight sweetness when you first put it on. Like any other gloss, have to reapply after drinking or eating, but it lasts longer than many others if you're not doing anything with your lips. Eclair is a pretty light pink that would probably be flattering on anyone. It falls somewhere between opaque and sheer. Moisturizes pretty well for a gloss, too.

I like the way this looks and feels and the price is right. Recommend it overall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are so awesome for the price and they go on more like a lip cream than a gloss which I consider more clear and these are very pigmented and more opaque than clear. I've been seeing these constantly on You Tube and finally caved at Ulta and bought Eclair and creme broulie. They can stand on their own as well as over the top of lipstick to give it a little gloss. They complement the lipstick so well and don't overpower it. I want to go back and pick up a more orangy tone for my spring summer lipsticks.

And the price is so reasonable you can afford more than one. Did I mention the smell, light like cake batter but no taste so your not tempted to lick them off.

oK UPDATE I did return and got the following colors
TIRAMISU - Pink/nude (more pink than nude on me)
ECLAIR - Soft pink
CHERRY CHEEZECAKE - Bright reddish orange
PEACH COBBLER - Bright (almost Neon) orange

Just picked up another in MAPLE BLONDE - Pinky Peach Awesome I haven't gotten a bummer in the bunch yet!!!!!!
They are all opaque but not to the point of being matte I have used them alone and over my more matte lippies and they don't overpower just enhance. Alone they give a semi opaque wash of color very natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I bought the shade called "peaches and cream" and love it! It isn't exactly a peachy color, but more of a pink on my lips, but still very pretty and wearable on my medium toned skin. The finish is almost balm-like and leaves my lips feeling soft and less dry. It isn't sticky at all! It also smells quite nice without being obnoxious. The best thing about it is the price. It is very affordable and I plan on trying out more colors because it doesn't break the bank. Update: I recently bought the shade called Apple Streudel. It is a light pink shade and looks great on my highly pigmented lips without washing me out. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by KrysteenaZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have a few of these butter glosses. The first I ever purchased was the "peach cobbler" shade which is a bright hot tangerine color. It glides on well and it moisturizer my lips. It looks beautiful. I also purchased another one called "merengue" which is light pink and faint purple shade. Some say that's is a dupe for Mac's viva la glam Nikki gloss and from the comparisons pictures Ive seen, I would say that it's a pretty good alternative as far as price and appearance go. They have a very nice scent to them I actually like it alot. The price is reasonable as well at only $3.99 a gloss. The packaging is cute it's a tube that is the same color as the shade and the top screws on and has an applicator attached which is nice. It's not a brush applicator either so that's a plus or me because it gives me better precision or accurate application. It isn't thick and doesn't run either which is great. This is a great gloss I really enjoy wearing it.