December 19, 2014 | 1602 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is amazing I bought it because I wanted a powder that would not make me look cakey as I wear full coverage foundation.. This powder is not smooth when you touch it and it's hard to swatch it on your finger as nothing really shows but dip your brush in & you get a good amount of product on there .. In order to get the best results with this powder don't buff it in in circular motions sweep it on to get the best effect in covering your pores it will make you look airbrushed & gives your skin a blurred like effect which photographs beautifully .. This powder is very natural on the skin if your look for coverage this is not for you .. It has a sheen to it which is detectable on the skin which I love as it makes you look healthy and glowing .. It is wayyyy better than the makeupforever hd powder and mac prep&prime.. This is amazing for people with large pores and mature skin it works wonders if you don't see a difference then your not using it right I have really oily skin and this will keep your shine at bay but not for very long but I don't mind because the look it gives me is worth it. It does have a smell to it which I can't really describe it's not over powering if you like the sheen the mac mineralise skin finish natural has you will like this powder .. I can not fault this powder it works and does exactly what it claims to do it will not give you a white cast to your skin at all I can never go back to any other powder now it is the best beauty product I've discovered

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought the powder itself was okay. It went on nicely, but I didn't love the bit of shimmer. I know other people claim there is none, but on me, there was.

What I really did not like was the packaging. I want to be able to just grab one thing and go. The little pad doesn't fit in the compact, so you need to take the little carrying case too, and I just found the whole thing awkward.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by LaynaLoo

I'm sorry to say, but I feel like this product is over rated! I love many NARS products, but I find this powder is not great for oily skin. It makes me look even oilier if I set my whole face with this. I do, however, love using this for setting under eye concealer. Also, it does not flash back in pictures which is always a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best under-eye setting powder I have ever used. I've tried Ben Nye's Banana Powder and Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder and they just don't compare. I have dry skin but get very oily around my eyelids so my concealer always creases and goes crepey. And my mascara smudges no matter which one I use. I tap this powder over my concealer with a setting brush and my makeup stays fresher and the smudging isn't an issue anymore. I will never be without this product. Pressed = no mess as well!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 4:07:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

my HG powder. the number of powders i tried in the past are uncountable - from drugstore ones to high end ones like dior forever extreme matte which cost a whopping $63; none of them kept my face matte beyond 4 hours, the ones that were better at controlling oil caked my face up and accentuated my pores. oh my i hv finally found the best powder in the world. this powder gives my skin a matte luminosity, my face was shine-free at 8 hours into wearing makeup and my skin looks so natural. i have nothing bad to say about this powder at all. good job nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder ever!!

I've been on the hunt for a good setting powder and my criteria is that it's mattifying, lasts a long time, doesn't break me out, looks natural, easy to touch up and handy to carry around. Sounds like too much to ask for? Apparently so, until I started using Nars LRPSP!

First of all, it really is translucent. I have medium-dark skin (NC42-43 in MAC, Bobbi Brown Honey) and this is undetectable on me. Even on days where I've used a lot (ie. I can see it heavily on my mineral powder brush before I brush it onto my skin) it doesn't leave a white cast. Also, there's a very visible shimmer to the product in the pan, but that's not at all noticeable on my skin.

I have a shiny t-zone and always feel greasy and have to blot after 2-3 hours. I am so paranoid about looking oily but I do hate having to keep an eye on my makeup and my oil levels during the day. I apply this powder with my ELF mineral powder brush (so I guess I use more than I need to, but you can't tell) in the morning and I DON'T HAVE TO BLOT ALL DAY. THIS is what makes this powder amazing!!! I've never found anything that controls oil this well and I've tried everything from MAC Blot Powder to Ben Nye, Black Opal, the list goes on.

This powder also doesn't leave you feeling powdery or heavy. I still use my Bobbi Brown powder over my foundation (simply because I use the golden orange colour and it warms up my complexion) and then I apply the NARS powder, and there's no difference with or without the NARS powder.

I love that it's in a generous sized compact with a big mirror, and it comes in a cute pouch with a little puff in a separate compartment. I found when I used to touch up with my Bobbi Brown powder, using the puff would be too heavy and I'd have to blend with my fingers (I don't want to carry around a brush with me!) and it was a hassle. The truth is, with this NARS powder, I haven't even needed to use the puff or touch up at all because it seriously lasts me ALL DAY. The reason I purchased the pressed powder was so it would be easier for on-the-go touch ups, but I haven't needed it!

Yes, it's expensive ($74 NZD) but I've spent so much money on oil controlling products that don't clog my skin and break me out that don't work, I'd honestly pay more for this. Based on reviews here, I used a kabuki brush to brush off the top layer of the powder to reveal the shimmery stuff, and even though I'm sure I use loads each day (because I'm using a mineral powder brush rather than a big powder brush) I know this will last me ages. I haven't noticed a lot of "light reflecting" properties, but I guess it doesn't make my face look as "flat" as usual - I'm probably more relieved that the shimmer in the powder doesn't really show up on the skin.

Bottom line: I love this stuff and will be purchasing it forever.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by sljr16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder. It set my liquid make up nicely and when I came home at the end of a long night my make up looked exactly how it did at the start of the night. Very impressed! I was a bit worried about the powder being so white but it looked natural on and didn't make my skin look like a ghost in photos, so thumbs up from me. I have sensitive, combo skin but it prevented my skin from getting oily and it also didn't accentuate any dry patches like so many other powders do. Don't expect miracles out of it (it's just a powder after all) but it definitely makes the skin appear smoother and keeps make up in place. The packaging is super nice too, like all NARS products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tested this powder out for a week and I'm ready to give a detailed review.
Skin type/tone: Oily/Olive
I tested this out on normal days 70s and very hot days 90+. The last day of the test was the ultimate conclusion which is I love this powder. The last day was on a boat in the sun with sea spray and wind. The very first thing you do after a boat ride is go into the head and fix yourself. I went in and my makeup was still on point! I didn't need a touch up after 4 hours of riding the sea! Being oily and in the sun, this is pretty amazing. This powder really blows MUFE HD setting powder out of the water. With Nars LRPSP, it makes your skin flawless and glowing. You'll never get a powder white cast with this. It blots the oil yet doesn't make you look cakey. But I stress technique is KEY for this powder to work at it's best. I don't recommend you buff this in like you would with regular powder. I use a technique called the "TV Swoop" using the Too Faced Flatbuki brush. You lightly swipe the brush in the powder and swoop your tzone (making a T), your right cheek down to your chin and your left cheek into your chin (making a V). This is a firm powder so don't expect to see a lot of product when you swatch it and this isn't made to be piled on the skin. Do light wispy swoops when you need a touch up. There is a possibility that this is causing a skin reaction which I'm not surprised being a Nars face product (typical for me). But I'm still not 100% sure this is what is causing some breakouts yet.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again I have been influenced to purchase an item due to reviews on MUA. I wanted a setting finish type powder, I went to Sephora and tried 3. The MU artist tried Guerlain Meteorites, Laura Mercier and this one. I chose this one, and have been using it and really like it. It gives a hint of pretty glow without being over the top and does exactly what I wanted it to. Big fan, and will repurchase. I like the pressed version over the messier loose type. I love the little holder with elastic band it comes with for my purse too. I am extremely fair and it is translucent like it reports, other brands actually turned out too dark and claimed to be translucent too. This one actually is.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by mjenap

I am in love with this powder. I bought the pressed, not the loose, powder because I make a mess and didn't want to waste any of it. It travels perfectly. Most setting powders I've tried have highlighted any of my dry spots and this is the first one that hasn't. My skin looks beautiful and I definitely don't have nice skin. I wore it on a cruise and it made my makeup last for hours...into the wee hours of the morning in fact! And in all the pictures taken my skin looks great. It absolutely blurs all of your imperfections. I will never be without it.
When I bought it at Sephora, there was a Nars rep there and he told me to run my brush over the top a few times to break up the top layer. That will improve the texture immediately.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No