NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

4.4

synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, glycerin, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 80, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, carrageenan, xanthan gum, 1,2-hexanediol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, maris aqua (sea water), ascophyllum nodosum (ascophyllum nodosum extract), magnesium silicate, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, tin oxide, mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides)

on 9/13/2014 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this powder is simply gorgeous when applied...it really is TRANSLUCENT! and on top of that the actual finish is just lovely and (WOC freindly)...I love it!

on 9/12/2014 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is such a great setting powder, I have quite pale skin so adding a pigmented powder over my liquid foundation normally makes me look too dark, so when I came across this I had high hopes. Because its pressed, it doesn't add too much product to your face, so you don't look powdery (never a good look). It's especially good if you just want to use the sponge to pat it over your t zone. I use a light dusting all-over my ELDW with a bobbi brown powder brush before applying blush and highlighter. I have also noticed that this photographs really well (which is always a concern with white powders) I also use it over BB creams and tinted moisturisers and it works really well, keeping shine and oil at bay, even with exercise. Will definitely be repurchasing (if it ever runs out?!) love love love it!
xoxo Miss Skye

on 8/29/2014 2:27:00 AM

Simply the best. It has a finish that is neither too matte nor too shiny. Sets makeup perfectly. I actually gave up on my guerlain meteorites for this. Love using it with the highly efficient nars Botan brush

on 7/3/2014 6:56:00 AM

Loveeee this product
sets my make-up
keeps it matte
helps it stay in place all day
controls my shine

on 4/23/2014 2:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This one is easy.
Would I repurchase? NO
Why? 'Cuz it sucks...

Its to finely milled and its like it doesn't even exist once you apply it but in a bad way..
Yes it blurs imperfections but thats about it

on 4/17/2014 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I was really skeptical when I initially bought this because the powder does not show on your fingers when you try to swatch it. It also barely shows on the brush. But this powder is AMAZING! It keeps me matte like no other powder and at the same time, gives my skin the most beautiful glow!

on 4/14/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this! I had been searching for a pressed setting powder for ages and it appears majority of the brands sell this type powder as a loose powder.

Anyhow this is amazing, perfect to set the make-up. You don't need much of it. It does not show on your brush but just because it does not show on your brush does not mean its not there.

Easy application. Beautiful packaging. Replaces your face powder!

on 4/14/2014 3:04:00 PM

For the longest time I was wondering how the NARS Light Reflecting powders compared to the Ambient Lighting Powders by HOURGLASS.

I kept reading through blog reviews trying to find a clear comparison. Long story short, I left home one morning, heading to Sephora, on a mission! I made swatches, checked them in different lighting, went outside. They end up being quite different in direct sunlight. The NARS powder stands somewhere between Diffused and Ethereal Light. It gives the glow of Etheral but has some of Diffused's frikkinn amazing micro-fine stardust, which can only be seen at very close inspection under direct sunlight. It combines the best of both, and is my favorite.

I am male with very oily skin and use this on my cheekbones as highlight. Unlike other subtle highlights I have used in the past, this will never appear shimmery - no matter the lighting. I love it especially for daylight. At night I prefer to upgrade to WnW Reserve Your Cabana. Or should I say Downgrade? Well, sunlight IS the most difficult test, isn't it? Having to go High End for the subtlest high light is not surprising. Despite the very low price, WnW is great and whoever enjoys this kind of illuminating powders should go ahead and buy it. NARS on the other hand is a beautiful all over face powder for bridal makeup or that only special highlight which is office appropriate.

NOTE: Because this is more of a powder than a highlight, it's better if you don't apply your regular powder on the same areas. This adds subtle luminosity but also sets well and mattifies just enough. A great example of advanced, modern makeup.

on 4/9/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in the loose and pressed version and I love them both. I used the loose powder in the morning to set and the pressed for retouch. It's very light and no white cast. NARS did an excellent job. Highly recommend both of them.

on 4/7/2014 11:15:00 PM

I will certainly be buying this one again and probably sooner than I think - this is the fastest thing I have ever hit pan on - that's why I didn't rate the price so well on this product as at 7g of product you don't get a lot. (Nars blush is 4.8g).

Having said that I do love it and reach for it a lot as it goes over any liquid foundation beautifully and really does impart a nice healthy glow. My skin is normal/combo I usually get oily in the T-zone but this powder is good and holds it together for me for hours before I need to have a quick blot.

Even though it looks to contain shimmer it does not appear sparkly on the skin, this product is better too when the coating it comes with is worn off the top, it annoyed me so I lightly scraped it away. I have the loose version of this powder - they seem like two completely different products, I prefer the pressed version for the finished look.

It looks white in the pan - but don't worry it doesn't have this effect on your skin, I don't know what Nars' magic ingredient for this is but it works well :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials