NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

4.5

synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, cetearyl ethylhexanoate, glycerin, squalane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, polysorbate 80, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, carrageenan, xanthan gum, 1,2-hexanediol, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, maris aqua (sea water), ascophyllum nodosum (ascophyllum nodosum extract), magnesium silicate, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethanol, potassium sorbate, tin oxide, mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 (iron oxides)

on 2/5/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I didn't think this powder was anything special. It is very finely milled and set my makeup, but there was a detectable white cast (I'm about an NC25) and I didn't think that it improved (or worsened) the look of my skin. The oil control seemed about average--it mattified my skin in the morning and I got some shine by lunch, but I've yet to find a product that I don't describe that way.

on 2/5/2014 2:57:00 PM

3.5/5 lippies.
I bought this because I've heard so much wonderful things about it and i really want to like it. Unfortunately, mine had this layer of hardened powder I had to dig through to get to the actual product... If I'm paying a lot of money for a NARS powder I shouldn't have to waste so much of it. *sigh* it works ok enough... Takes the shine away and keeps everything in place...
but if I'm being honest with myself, I'm not WOW'ed by this product that much... Maybe I'll give it a few more months.... But I think I'm going to try MUFE next time.
PS: I don't need the flimsy sponge... Put some nicer stiffer brush in it next time so I can get some product out.

on 2/5/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG of setting powder.

It gives you almost an "airbrushed" look as people have been saying on MUA reviews, it holds makeup ALL day and generally just makes your skin look flawless.
Strangely hides flaws and blemishes while giving your skin a nice glow/set look.

Will never you another setting powder!

on 12/28/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i am so sad that i *LOVE* this powder, because it costs an arm & a leg!! it sets makeup beautifully, blurs pores/dark spots/imperfections, gives skin a radiant glow, and may actually live up to its hydration claim since it's comfortable to wear on my dry skin, and doesn't make my face look cracked or feel itchy. i don't want to use any other powder now, not even Ben Nye banana powder. will absolutely repurchase!!

on 12/17/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It took me a while to really figure this stuff out, but now I love it! I put on my liquid foundation, apply this with a kabuki, then brush on a little bit of my regular pressed powder that matches my skin tone. That way, I can use a little more of the Nars powder to help with oil control and don't have to worry about a white cast. This powder makes the makeup stay on my face SO much longer!!! And I have very very oily skin! Love it!

on 12/5/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

OMG. This is the best setting powder I've ever used. This gives a perfect "soft-matte" finish without any obvious traces of makeup. You can wear this even without foundation and you'll still look polished. The great thing about this powder is that it's subtle that people won't notice you're wearing makeup, but not TOO subtle that they won't notice a "glow" about you. lol. It's perfect. I hope NARS never discontinues it. And a great thing about it is that it's spill-free and mess-free unlike most setting powders in the market! Didn't break out my acne-prone skin too!

on 12/2/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this powder! It gives an airbrushed finish and feels incredibly soft. It looks lovely on my dry skin. The packaging is fun, it comes in a classic NARS compact and also a pouch with a sponge/puff. Like everyone else said it's strange looking, it's very hard and almost doesn't seem like a powder in the compact. There's a layer on top that you need to scrape off with your brush. Will totally buy again!

I'm so relieved! I bought this online from a u.s website as it is ridiculously priced in Australia ($55) It arrived today and I was sooo disappointed. The product looked and felt like plastic and I thought that I had either received old product or a fake. I scraped my finger nail over it and it kinda chunked off a bit. Came on here and saw the other reviews about its consistency and feel a little better now. I rubbed a tissue over it and the product underneath actually resembles a powder now (albeit a strange consistency - forget trying to swatch it.. It's all but invisible) Will try it out for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

on 11/14/2013 4:19:00 PM

This is a totally stange product but I love it. This powder looks like hard plastic in the pan, kind of feels like it too when you touch it. But when you use it with a brush, a very small amount comes off, but you don't need much to use this as a finishing powder. I love the airbrushed affect it gives and makes my skin feel super soft. I'm not oily so I can't attest to it controlling oil, but it looks gorgeous on the skin. I would buy this again.

on 11/8/2013 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Where did my pores go? Pores B' Gone! Love this stuff. Only drawback is that it can be a bit difficult to get out of the pan. I suggest a bit of a stiffer brush which remedies that issue quite nicely. It also picks up whatever is already on your face, so make sure that your foundation etc. is completely dry.

Recommended for Normal Skin