October 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I won't say this is my HG because I might jinx myself but this stuff is amazing. It's a foundation that has medium to full coverage, that ISN'T matte and actually comes in a shade light enough for my pale skin, did I also mention that it's only $3? I seriously love this stuff. It doesn't make me look cakey at all and gives my skin a nice dewy finish, I don't see powder or anything with this and it looks fabulous applied with a beauty blender. My only complaint and a reason I took off a lippie is that it oxidizes ever so slightly but I seem to have remedied this problem my mixing in just a little MAC Strobe Cream. Amazing, amazing product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Jitney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually purchased this as a last resort during a beauty emergency: I was en route to my weekend birthday celebration and realized that I forgot my entire makeup bag (who does that, especially a a person who frequents this site?!). I bought a few key things at the drugstore, and made sure everything totaled under $20 since it would only be used once. Boy, was I surprised. This foundation looks BEAUTIFUL on my skin. There was no need for concealer or powder, although I lightly finished it with baby powder just because I don't like my skin feeling moist or tacky. Perfect color match (820 Medium/Tan), looks natural, medium-full coverage, and ridiculously well-priced. Quality-wise, this could easily pass as a high-end foundation. It is also ridiculously easy to apply for the flawless look it gives - I applied this using my hands in a moving vehicle and my entire face changed without much effort.

However, the next day I woke up with little pimples on my cheeks and nose. When I do breakout, it's usually hormonal and around my chin or hairline area. I forgot about this foundation and a few months later, I tried it again. Same flawless and effortless results, but with the same breakouts to follow.

Despite the cons for me, I would recommend for everyone to at least try this out. You only have $4.00 to lose!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is really, really, really good for the price. I was pleasantly surprised! Great coverage, doesn't accentuate dryness, pretty finish...

bad packaging, though! Do not store this stuff cap-side down, or when you open it prepare to lose half the product down the sink or on your floor or all over your vanity. I'd love if it came with a pump!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: medium tan

PROS

- full coverage
- semi-matte finish
- long wearing
- lightweight when applied with a sponge
- little goes a long way

CONS

- packaging
- feels heavy when applied with a brush
- scent
- oil control

COMMENTS: Full coverage, long wearing foundation with a semi-matte finish at a low price. This will initially feel heavy, especially if you apply this with a brush. It's lightweight when applied with a sponge. I personally think this stuff looks amazing when applied with a sponge. The packaging could be better as product tends to keep being pushed out even when you're not squeezing the tube. A little goes a long way with this stuff - coverage is great. I don't like the scent, though. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'm glad it doesn't linger. There isn't much oil control - I'm good for 4 hours and then I start to get dewy. It stays put, though and looks great. I would compare this to Revlon's CS Whipped foundation, which I love as well.

Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in medium and it was a pretty good match. The product is nice, covers well enough and gives a nice finish. However, according to Paula Begoun, there is an ingredient in this product which is not good to keep on skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow, I don't think it gets any better for the price! It gives true medium coverage, so I still need a concealer for bad areas. It glides on like butter and stays for about 10 hours on me. It promises a satin-matte finish and it certainly lives up to its claims. You might get more wear if you use a primer/setting spray/powder. I have it in the shade "Fair" which has neutral to yellow undertones on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Suddenlii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Most certainly a diamond in the rough!

I usually stay far away from "really cheap" drugstore foundations, because if they don't break me out, they are orange. If they're not orange, then they have 0% coverage. If they have coverage, they don't last at all, etc. But not this one!

The colour selection is great -- they have about 3 different shades per "type" of skin tone -- I use the colour "light" (second from palest), and it matches my skintone perfectly -- no dreaded line, no dreaded orangey-ness. I usually apply it in spots all over my face with my fingers, and then blend it out with a flat-top brush. Since I have oily skin, I always powder over foundation, although I feel like I might be able to slip under the wire with this one -- it's not greasy in the slightest, either.

My only two complaints would be, first off, the smell is kind of strange, but really not terribly strong or nauseating, and it's only noticeable right out of the tube. The tube claims that it is "medium to full coverage", and well, I would say that it is a solid medium. Great coverage, but I wouldn't really call it a full-coverage.

Great product, either way -- and so cheap! My HG!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT 6/6/2014: This product ended up breaking me out. These tiny bumps that I never get unless some product is clogging my pores. Also, the scent became very cloying. However, I did really like the formula and wished it worked out for me - it was so creamy and covered all the redness in my face. Guess it's back to my beloved Clinique Foundation - I'd rather spend extra instead of breaking out! However, this is an amazing bargain of a foundation if your skin is not sensitive to it!:)

Creamy and dreamy! I love it when I find a new drugstore gem! I didn't think this was going to be that good, but it is very smooth, has medium coverage, and feels comfortable. I like to apply this with a makeup sponge instead of fingers. When I do, it looks so dewy and fresh.

The price ended up only being $1.50! It was BOGO free and I had a $1 coupon on top of it. So that's why I decided to try it. I like the packaging - makes for easy travelling. I purchased this in the fair, and the color looks very neutral. There is no perfume-y scent either, but a fragrance that I don't really notice anymore. It doesn't seem as if it has oxidized. I had tried the tinted moisturizer, but my skin itched and I developed rashes (most likely the sunscreen it that one!)

Very inexpensive and performs great. I like the packaging for travel. No more having to worry about a glass bottle breaking! They do need to make the opening smaller as I feel too much product comes out - so I have to be really careful. Limited range of colors, but cheap enough that you can buy two and custom blend your own shade. I did purchase the matching powder and really like it as well. WnW has improved so much since my high school years... it's like a whole different cosmetics line! Check them out for when you need a cheap and cheerful pick-me-up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

These are so cheap but have high end foundation coverage. Its medium to full coverage. It evens my skin tone, covers my acne, acne scars and the redness. The only problem but it's a big problem for me is that this does not last long. I have oily skin and it only lasted about an hour or so. It completely disappeared from my skin even after I set it with powder. This foundation has potential, I probably just need a better setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really didn't expect much from this inexpensive foundation, but this is my new go-to foundation. The buildable medium coverage looks smooth and even without looking cakey or unnatural. On its own, it's a satin-matte finish, but I wear it with a setting powder to keep my oil at bay. With a setting powder (I use Ben Nye Neutral Set), this foundation lasts through my eight hour workday without separating, wearing off, or separating. It even stays put and doesn't smudge all over my phone (something every other foundation has done). And best of all, Fair matches my NC10 skin pretty darn well (it's slightly more neutral than I am), and doesn't oxidise into an orange mess by the end of the day! I've already purchased two backup tubes.

But there are downsides: This foundation can be a bit streaky if I apply it too quickly, so I have to take the time to gently pat this into the skin. And the packaging leaves much to be desired. It's very easy to dispense too much product (especially if you foolishly open it on a pressurized aircraft - blame jetlag). However, these are minor concerns in my book. I don't think I'll be switching foundations any time soon.

6/25/14 Edited to add: I've found that this foundation looks even nicer when I apply it with my fingers rather than with a brush. I've tried several different brushes and application techniques, but something about my fingers just makes this stuff apply like a dream.