October 25, 2014 | 1692 users online

BB Cream - Lumene - Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Maubrey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am replacing my beloved LM TM in porcelain with this, in light. It covers my redness nicely, and looks fresh and dewy. I am an NC20 and light is just a tad... a tiny tad too dark when I first put it on, but as I blend it in , it looks fine. In fact, Over the course of the day my skin starts to look better. I did try the Lumene CC cream in light, because I was seeking a slightly better color match, and while it did seem to be a slightly better match, once I put it on, it was heavier, almost full coverage, and flatter looking, and did not look as good as the Lumene BB cream.

I got it at CVS, where they sell Lumene products. It smells a bit like orange juice but that smell fades quickly. I will definitely repurchase as it cost 1/3 of what the LM TM does and looks the same, slightly better. A great drugstore find!!!!

****editing 3/14/14 to add, I decided it was a tad too dark for me. Light should work for an nc25 and up. As an nc20/LM porcelain, it is slightly too dark. I saw somewhere that they are making this in extra light in finland. if extra light ever makes it to the USA I will go back to this, because I LOVE the cover and the finish.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Picked this up due to the near-perfect P'ville rating, and because as much as I like Garnier's BB cream, I'd really like one that actually does something for my skin.

The Lumene one has a really unique and beautiful finish -- dewy and hydrating, and provides even coverage that doesn't feel heavy. That alone is reason to buy it. But the inclusion of antioxidants/Vitamin C is what sold me. (I don't know how stable it is, but it smells strongly of citrus as I apply it.) I wear Light/Medium in Garnier's oil-free BB and Light 01 in Lumene; they both match my skin pretty well.

For anyone having trouble finding it, I got mine at Walgreens (on sale, even). Normally $14.99 for a 1.7 oz tube, which is more than most drugstore BBs but the quality is on par with department-store brands. Very happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylopez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy grail bb for me! because I have large pores on and around my nose. I also from time to time get dry skin around my chin. This bb cream gives my skin a dewy airbrush effect and I love it! Drys quickly so work fast, the result - fresh dewy skin absolutely flawless

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by isabellayessi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this daily for last one year in half and still have 1 month worth left over is under 19 bucks here and I had hard time looking for 2 color shade. I plan order online if cannot find 2 . I am olive skin with freakles on my cheeks. brighter and dewy skin and use clear setting powder. has not made me breakout and tiny bit goes long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this after a bad experience with another BB Cream (breakouts, dry spots, etc.) After using this BB Cream everyday for a couple weeks my skin has cleared up and dramatically improved.
The texture is not thick at all but it has great pigment and covers pretty well, if I'm just hanging out around the house or running a quick errand I can just use this and some concealer if absolutely necessary.
Most days I wear this under foundation. I have tried this under Revlon Colorstay liquid, L'oreal True Match liquid, Boots No 7 Lift and Luminate, and Beauty without Cruelty liquid and it looks great. I usually wear setting powder on top too
This BB Cream does have a light scent of oranges, not chemical oranges that you smell in house cleaner but actual oranges. It's refreshing and not strong at all, it quickly disappears after application.
For the price this BB Cream is a steal, would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by sherry628

This is really great for every day use. I like to wear my foundation for special occasions and use BB cream or tinted moisturizers for work/running errands. I've been using the Garnier for oily skin, and have been liking it, but saw the reviews on this and happened to pick this up at Ulta when it was on sale...and I have to say, I have been converted! This has much better coverage and gives me a more "matte" look. With Garnier, I had to blot twice a day, but with this, I've only had to blot only once a day.

I vary between NC30 or NC35 in MAC so I picked up the medium. At first, I thought it was way too orange, but it does blend out nicely. I've applied this with my fingers, with my Real Technique buffing brush, and the Real Technique sponge. So far the damp sponge gave me the more flawless look. Don't get me wrong, I still have to apply undereye concealer, regular concealer and a translucent powder, but I really like the way it leaves my skin.

Also, just a side note, I apply a primer to my skin before any BB cream or foundation. I've been switching between Clinque Pore Minimizer, Clarins Instant Smooth Perfector and the new Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser. Still looking for that perfect primer and awaiting to receive my Tarte Clean Slate Poreless to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by whitedove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried many BB creams that are on the market right now and this is one of the best! I hardly buy drug/discount store brands, but Lumene is different. This BB cream has a nice consistency - not too thick and not too watery but it blends quite well. The coverage is not as heavy as some BBs (like Cliniques) but you can build it or finish with a powder, which I typically do. On a day to day basis I'm trying to cover imperfections and blur the look of lines & wrinkles and this BB really does the job! For the quality product this is at a drug store price, I give it a 5 star!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CODYKERI

I love this. It's the only foundation that hasn't broken me out. I do wish it wasn't quite so peachy.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by andyfries

I was really hoping I would like this product based on all the good reviews so I bought it got home put it on and it was way too orange. I thought it was also kind of sticky and very heavy on my skin. I ended up returning it the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A friend had recommended this product to me but I did not want to pay the $15 pricetag. Then I found 2 bottles on clearance at Walgreens for $3.99! This is now my HG BB cream. I wear BB cream to clinical and if I am just going out for errands and such. I was using Garnier previously, which I did like, but this Lumene has a nicer, thicker consistency and better coverage. I also find that I am less shiny with the Lumene. I took off lippies for the shade. There are only like 3 shades and the lightest is still a bit dark for me which is unfortunate but I make it work. Also, I find it very expensive for a drugstore BB cream. If I run out, I will only rebuy if I can find it on sale or use some coupons!