Lumene Vitamin C+ Illuminating Anti-Age BB Cream

4.1

Octinoxate 6.0% Alumina, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Caprylyl Glycol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), (CI 77891) Titanium Dioxide, Citric Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iron Oxides, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Sorbic Acid, Sorbitan Stearate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Triisostearin PEG-6 Esters, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 2/27/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my most favorite favorite favorite BB cream ever!!! I dont even use foundation anymore because this does the job. Its brightens up my face and give me a fresh flawless look. I put this on my face then add some blush and I'm ready to go. Bought 5 of these in Medium for $3.99 each at Walgreens :)

on 2/26/2014 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Yes, this BB cream really does live up to the hype. It is the first foundation/BB cream that didn’t collect in the large pores around my nose or emphasize fine lines. My face looks dewy, even-toned, and air brushed, yet I do not look like I’m made out of plastic. The price is shocking—$15 for 1.7 oz—and sometimes one can find it on sale. It’s fantastic. Well, almost. This would be the best product on the market if two improvements were made:

1) Extend the shade range to accommodate lighter and darker completions.
2) Add mineral-based sun protection. Currently the only active sun protection ingredient is octinoxate, a UVB blocker. I’m not sure if this is a good idea considering all of the vitamin C in the formula.

I will repurchase this product, however I must admit that I mix this with Clinique CC cream (very light) to adjust the shade and add UVA protection.

on 2/26/2014 11:06:00 AM

This is offically my HG. I can't believe that a drugstore product can be this perfect! It blows everything from CdP to MAC out of the water! I am a C5/NC42(ish) Indian gal with slight hyper pigmentation and a tendancy to get clogged pores when I do anything. The Revlon Whipped Colorstay/Shiseido brush combo looked great when I had more severe outbreaks, but for day to day now (thanks to Jan Marini) my skin has cleared up-this is marvelous! It is a little more coverage than your normal TM, so you might have to blend it in more, but Medium works great for me (probably not so much in summer) and it stays flawless throughout my very oily day! Feels light, doesnt emphasize pores or dryness or get shiney and fall of my oily parts. Looks like skin, not makeup and no clogged pores, in fact-my skin feels great! This had better not be DCed or I will be that obsessed lady on eBay buying up every single tube of this!

on 2/19/2014 9:43:00 AM

I am really impressed with this product. I have tried a few BB creams and this by far has to be my favorite. It tops my Garnier BB Cream for combination skin which I had been using up until now. It has good coverage. The color light is a bit to light for me but with blending it works just fine. I thought medium would be too dark. It is a bit thicker and requires more blending but once it sets in it looks very natural. It gives my skin a very smooth finish as well. On days I dont want to wear much makeup I feel ok just wearing this alone. I have combo skin and this does not make my skin oily at all. I have been using this for a couple weeks now and really liking this one.

Great product!! but Lumene, please make this in a lighter color as well! The lighter shade is as many others in here have said, just a bit dark for my skin tone in the wintertime. And I live in Scandinavia so it is a lot of winter here! Except for the limited color range, I am in love love love with this BB cream! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Let me start of by saying that I was very, very skeptical about this product. I got a tester and I tried it out just for fun. And oh my gosh. It blew me away. This bb feels like heaven on my skin. It has a dewy, radiant texture and it blends in very well, even though it might feel kind of stiff. It has medium coverage that covers my dark under eyes and acne scars. The fact that Lumene is a finnish brand guarantees that it really does moisturize your skin. Up here we really need it... I'm on accutane, I live in cold environment and I have naturally very dry skin. And yet, this product DOES NOT FLAKE. It actually makes my skin look even more healthier. It's like a miracle. Seriously. If you have an oily skin and you're looking for bb that has a light and powdery texture, this is not for you. It also has a relatively strong scent so if your skin is super sensitive, you may want to be careful. But otherwise, you have found your best friend. Works for combination, normal and dry skin. Some people have reported that this bb oxidizes on their skin but from my personal experience I can tell it only happens if your skin is in bad condition... And in terms of the color range, I'm glad to see they have upgraded it: 00 fair (MAC 15-20), 01 light (MAC 20-25) and 02 medium (MAC 30-40?). I'm NW20 and I use the light one, and it's right on the edge of being too dark. Well, I get along with it. The price is pretty high for a drugstore bb (About 15 USD in USA and 25 USD in Finland. How unfair is that?!) but keep in mind, that the tube is 50ml (1.69 fl. oz), not 30ml (1fl. oz). Overall, it's so far the best bb I've ever tried. Right now I'm actually proud to be finnish (and that says a lot).

on 2/10/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this. It is perfect for my dry, aging skin. Its lightweight but covers everything I need covered and does not end up in a dry, flaky, scaly mess. It feels silky going on and it lasts all day.

on 2/9/2014 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am replacing my beloved LM TM in porcelain with this, in light. It covers my redness nicely, and looks fresh and dewy. I am an NC20 and light is just a tad... a tiny tad too dark when I first put it on, but as I blend it in , it looks fine. In fact, Over the course of the day my skin starts to look better. I did try the Lumene CC cream in light, because I was seeking a slightly better color match, and while it did seem to be a slightly better match, once I put it on, it was heavier, almost full coverage, and flatter looking, and did not look as good as the Lumene BB cream.

I got it at CVS, where they sell Lumene products. It smells a bit like orange juice but that smell fades quickly. I will definitely repurchase as it cost 1/3 of what the LM TM does and looks the same, slightly better. A great drugstore find!!!!

****editing 3/14/14 to add, I decided it was a tad too dark for me. Light should work for an nc25 and up. As an nc20/LM porcelain, it is slightly too dark. I saw somewhere that they are making this in extra light in finland. if extra light ever makes it to the USA I will go back to this, because I LOVE the cover and the finish.

on 1/29/2014 12:51:00 PM

Picked this up due to the near-perfect P'ville rating, and because as much as I like Garnier's BB cream, I'd really like one that actually does something for my skin.

The Lumene one has a really unique and beautiful finish -- dewy and hydrating, and provides even coverage that doesn't feel heavy. That alone is reason to buy it. But the inclusion of antioxidants/Vitamin C is what sold me. (I don't know how stable it is, but it smells strongly of citrus as I apply it.) I wear Light/Medium in Garnier's oil-free BB and Light 01 in Lumene; they both match my skin pretty well.

For anyone having trouble finding it, I got mine at Walgreens (on sale, even). Normally $14.99 for a 1.7 oz tube, which is more than most drugstore BBs but the quality is on par with department-store brands. Very happy with this purchase!

on 1/27/2014 4:16:00 PM

Holy grail bb for me! because I have large pores on and around my nose. I also from time to time get dry skin around my chin. This bb cream gives my skin a dewy airbrush effect and I love it! Drys quickly so work fast, the result - fresh dewy skin absolutely flawless