November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Loose Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Setting Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I find myself constantly checking to see if I have an oily t-zone, and chances are...it is. However, I came across this lovely powder, and boom--what a difference. I bought the pressed powder version, and when I looked at it under the Sephora lighting I thought this was way too sparkly for me, but actually, you honestly cant see any sparkles.

Pros
1. My skin is a moody creature of its own. I will put something on my face, and about 123891721323 pimples pop up, and thats just a rough estimation. This stuff DID NOT break me out whatsoever, and I have been using it everyday for the last couple of months.

2. A normal day for me: wake up at 6:00a.m.-- do my makeup and "I feel pretty", go to school, go to work, come home at 6:00p.m...."ewwww my face looks greasy, I feel ugly". If you have had similar days, this is definitely a product for you. Im not one to bring makeup with me, so I rarely touch up, maybe blot with blotting paper occasionally, but thats it. This stuff works like a dream, it sets my makeup, and lasts pretty much all day long. In other words this allows me to say "I feel pretty" more often.

3. Don't let the sparkles in the powder scare you, you can't see them. Believe me, I sometimes pack this baby on my face, you CAN'T see it--and this never looks cakey. It actually makes my complexion look better!

4. When you put it on...you see nothing, and it feels as though you didnt really put anything on your skin. But when you touch your face after you put it on, its literally silky smooth--and for a girl with acne like me, thats pretty impressive. But even though it may seem you didnt put anything on, it makes a huge difference to your makeup--in a good way. It definitely mattifies your face without making it look powdery, and this is WAY better than the make up forever translucent powder--WAY BETTER. No comparison actually.

5. This doesn't make you look white in pictures, it makes you look natural and matte.

Cons:
1. $34...even though I would probably find myself buy this again, I feel like there isn't that much product. But, to me, thats the only con.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I received this in a swap because I was curious of how people are always in love with this powder and how it's compatible with dry skin even though it's a powder. Now that summer is over and I'm no longer oily, my dry patches will be coming back. However, I still wanted a setting powder for my MAC SS foundation just so that there's zero transfer onto shirts and such.

I wanted one that wouldn't cake or accentuate dry patches. So far, this powder is doing just that and more. It makes imperfections "blur" if you will and cast a nice glow to the face so I can skip highlighting too. I use sunscreen, primer, studio sculpt, then set with this before I use blush. The general effect is very soft and airbrushed. Of course, it doesn't add coverage, but my skin is really good to begin with. I use the RT powder brush to sweep across the T-zone and cheekbones.

For the price, I think it's reasonable. A lot of drugstore powder can look dull and flat even if they're not cakey. (I'm talking about Rimmel Stay Matte). This powder really plays well into the dewy look without looking shiny. It's just an ethereal glow :O

The only downside would be the awful sift packaging for the loose powder. It's hard to get a tiny amount. I would repurchase, but since there's so much it's probably going to be 30 years from now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by firefox23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review for the pressed version/compact.

Let me begin by saying, I LOVE this powder. I have oily skin so a setting powder/compact is pretty much a necessity in my everyday makeup routine. Previously I had been using Urban Decay DeSlick powder, which is much more 'powdery' and white, and if you aren't careful you can wind up with bits of white powder all over.

This setting powder has a slighttttttt shimmer to it when you look in the pan, which made me a bit nervous at first because I'm a matte person (oily skin with shimmer isn't a good look). This slight shimmer doesn't translate to your skin at all when you apply it, in fact, It's undetectable when used over your makeup - it just adds this beautiful finish to your skin. I want to say 'glowy' but I'm not sure if thats the right description. Basically, it's not a powdery & stark matte finish and I just think it looks amazing on the skin. Even when I got a bit oily (after 7hrs of wear) it wasn't the typical oiliness I expect from my skin. Sometimes when I use other setting powders, they build a kind of weird mask on the skin after a few applications, after mixing with your skins oils. This powder, does not do that!

It comes in a nice compact which is the size of NARS brozers, except it's in a nice fabric pouch with a little compartment for the sponge (which I assume would be good if you took this out in your purse, but I use a brush to apply it at home). Overall I'm kind of obsessed. It's so finely milled and pressed into the pan, it seems like a little goes a long way so I hope this lasts me a while! Not cheep, but the great quality you expect from all NARS products!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by 2010

This product doesn't produce miracles and I've used cheaper products and gotten the same results. It does create a nice look but it's not nice enough that I would repurchase for $40 CAD.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the loose version of this and I really like it! I brush a little of this on over my foundation and it makes my skin look really nicely finished but still natural. You only need a little and too much actually just looks powdery. I'm not sure if this really helps my make-up last longer but I more use jut to make it look better. It gives whatever foundation I'm wearing a nice finish.

I feel like the container will last me a long time too since you only need a little at a time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like this! I have the pressed version and it diffuses my pores quite well. I even use a lil bit under my eyes over concealer. When using, it seems like no product gets picked up, but it's there. I think it works really well on my aging skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This product is life-changing. Revolutionary. To me, at least, a newbie to translucent powder.For reference, I am NC20 with combo-oily skin. Here is why I absolutely adore this product.

First, it's not *bad* to carry around. I say this cautiously, but I've had a pretty good exeprience so far. I know a lot of people don't like the loose because it gets everywhere but if you only cut off the sticker for one hole rather than rip the whole thing off, you'll be fine. The SA recommended I cut about 3 if I was intent on carrying it around for travel. I went with my instincts and cut one. With one hole, it doesn't get too messy and disperses the perfect amount of product.

Also, I find that this product holds up so well during the day, so there really is no need to carry it around. No need for touch-ups most of the time. This stuff is also fab for setting undereye concealer. I have definitely noticed my undereye concealers creasing less after I began setting it seperately with this powder.

Third reason I love this product is that it doesn't give that over-powdered cakey looking face. I hate how the powders I used in the past made me look like I had piled on a bunch of make-up. This powder just gives a semi-matte finish without the over-powdered look.

Fourth and final reason is the flawless finish. I find that because the finish of this powder gives a kind of blurred, photoshopped effect, I wear less foundation/concealer. My favorite way to use this product is with my MAC prolongwear concealer. I dab a bit of my concealer on my problem areas and powder my entire face, and my face looks more flawless than when I wear a ton of foundation. Plus, it's a very natural, realistic finish. I have tried the MUFE HD powder but felt the finish was a bit unrealistic and heavy in comparison.

On a final note, I'd definitely recommend the loose over the pressed. The pressed version didn't give me as flawless of a finish as the loose did. The SA said the ingredients for the two are actually completely different, and they are basically two entirely different products.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

AMAZING TRANSLUCENT POWDER!!! I have a flawed face that needs cover up and foundations and concealers don't always cover 100%. but with this powder on top, I look PHOTOSHOPPED, it gives that doll like finish which I love. I wore this when I bought it and people commented on how nice my skin was, they couldnt tell i had powder on. :) In photos it gives off that soft focused, blurred, photoshopped skin.

I have acne prone skin, and this just perfects pores, and redness. Love it!!! NC20, asian girl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this loose powder but I don't need it in my life. It's no miracle product. It simply functions like any other HD powder. Enough said :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I love this powder!! I have dry skin and it is very hard to find powders that don't suck all the moisture from your face. This doesn't do that. I can set my makeup with this and it looks beautiful. Even on hot days when I've gotten a little shiny in the afternoon I can touch up with this and it doesn't cake up. It makes my makeup look just as good as it did in the am.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No