November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by bbarfield12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I set out on a search for a BB cream for upcoming spring and summer. I will admit I haven't jumped on the bandwagon before now. I did some research, read reviews and decided to get samples from Sephora of Tartes BB tinted treatment primer and Tartes BB tinted moisturizer. I tried both samples and decided that I absolutely love this tarte BB tinted treatment primer! It is so awesome for my oily and acne prone skin! It glides right on, feels a bit silky, blends in effortlessly, is build-able and has very good coverage for a primer/bb cream! The finish is so nice, not too matte, but not dewy either. It keeps my oil at bay all day, minimizes my pores and blurs my imperfections! I don't need to set this with a powder at all. To cover my hyper pigmentation on my cheeka I do apply two layers, but that is all I need to achieve the look I'm going for. I love that this has SPF 30, so that is a big plus for my summer time routine. This will be my go to "easy day" look and my summer time everyday routine make up. I love it! I can see how this might not work for people with dry skin though. In that case...I think you would love the tarte BB tinted moisturizer! It has light coverage, but is more dewy and hydrating than this one. Liked them both really, but this one is best suited for my skin type!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute packaging, but I wish this BB cream wouldn't wipe off so easily. It comes off if I accidentally touch my face or swipe my face with my sleeve. I have good skin and usually don't need more than tinted moisturizer (which I sometimes add more moisturizer to thin it out more), but this product gave my skin a weird texture. It made my skin feel like silicone, like a Barbie doll's legs. I'm not sure if this is something people aim for or not? I prefer to have my skin feel more natural. In the past I have used Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizers, and those products are much higher quality than this. I will continue to use this BB cream because I'm not picky and it doesn't break me out, but if you're someone who is more particular, you might not like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by syllacrostics

Pretty good. It feels nice on your skin after applied, not sticky or clammy feeling but almost powdery in a way. I actually bought it accidentally thinking it was the actual BB cream by the brand and not the primer. I was looking for something to help cover red marks from acne on my cheeks. It didn't do a lot to cover them, but did even out my skin tone.

I like that it doesn't feel to heavy on my face like a foundation would, but it doesn't really do anything amazing for me so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2014 4:36:00 AM More reviews by bowie1995

I had such high hopes for this stuff but it let me down. I'll cover critical areas as a list.
Texture - Feels awesome in your fingers and when you touch your face, it will be soft. Color - Not so great, no shade fit me perfectly. Packaging - Not everyone likes squeeze tubes but I love them so. Staying power - Really good. I put it on, ran some errands, came home and took a 4-hour nap, and at the end of the day it was still there however, it didn't matter because it looked like crap anyways. See "Coverage". Smell - No smell whatsoever which is awesome. Coverage - It's definitely buildable. It covered my acne and rosacea pretty well although not fully. The biggest problem I had with this was the way it looked on my skin. It's very similar to my experience with the Amazonian Clay foundation in the brown tube. Really blotchy and just overall extremely drying. For the price, it is not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

I really adore this. It gives a matte, but natural finish. I find that on its own it offers medium coverage, but of course can be sheered out if you so desire. It covers up slight hyper pigmentation very well without looking cakey and gross. The lasting power is terrific, lasting in the Florida humidity all day long. Another huge plus is that it does not break me out. The only real gripe I have is the color selection, they do run slightly pinky, but it's not incredibly noticeable, especially if paired with yellow toned setting powder. I'm still using up a sample I have been using for two weeks, but I plan on buying it when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by savyy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Goes on really silky and seems like it would control oil well but the finish doesn't last more than an hour or two. It clings to dry spots and overall makes my face look dry, dull and aged.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by beautyobssessed

So my skin type is combo; quite oily in my t-zone and dry on my cheeks. I love love love this BB cream, I've tried many BB creams and nothing compares to this! It covers, the finishing isn't oily looking, keeps me decently matte through the day, & no break outs (I have sensitive skin that breaks out VERY easy). I would definitely recommend anyone who's into BB creams to buy this(:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by missileme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was on the hunt for a long lasting foundation or bb/cc cream that provides a light to medium coverage. I also have some large pores on my nose that I am pretty self conscious about and was looking for something to cover them up. I went to Ulta without any make up on one night to try on some foundations/creams. Oddly enough I went to Tarte section first because I had heard good things about their foundation. I saw the BB cream and liked how it said it was 12 hour wear and had a primer in it that would minimize the appearance of pores, and also that it had 30 SPF because I am a bit lazy when it comes to applying sunscreens. No one at Ulta was there to help me try on foundations/creams so I brought the BB cream in "fair" over to a mirror and put it on my nose, my biggest problem area. I was seriously amazed how instantly the BB cream covered up my large pores, I swear I did a double take when applied it to make sure I was really seeing what I thought I was. I have tried other pore minimizers (benefit, MAC, urban decay without much luck) I also really liked how soft and smooth the cream went on and blended in. I only tested a few areas on my face before I knew I had to buy it. The fair color matched me perfectly without making me look too pale and lifeless. I have been using this BB cream since (about a week) and am happy with the results. I now no longer have to apply a primer and then a foundation as this works great as both, but if you wanted a full heavy coverage you could use this as a primer and then apply a foundation over. Just on its own I find this to have a good medium coverage, actually much more than I thought it would be. It evens out my skin and covers most of my freckles without looking like I am wearing tons of make up. I do use a moisturizer underneath this BB cream because my face tends to be more on the dry side although oily in my t zone too but that is fine with me and totally expected. I also apply a pressed powder over to set it, which I just do out of habit and it gives me a natural matte look. This BB cream does stay put on my face pretty good throughout the day, it doesn't melt off like the previous MAC foundations I was trying to wear. I will get a tinsy bit shiny on my nose and then can see my pores slightly because of so after a 5+ hours of wear but its definitely better than anything else I have tried thus far. I am still happy with it and am looking to try some other Tarte products. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by gillian1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the product. This is hands down the best BB cream I have used. I find that it makes my skin look flawless - minimizes pores, gives me a smooth, porcelain finish. This and a light dusting of powder is all I need. I love how it does not make me an oily mess like others I have tried. The light color blends perfectly to my skin. I have combination skin, large pores, a few acne scars for reference. Nothing I have used has ever made my skin look so perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by vluna1084

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first bb cream I ever tried was the maybelline one that was all the rage..it was terrible as it left me with no coverage and super oily throughout the day. I started doing research on bb creams and this one seemed to be one of the top choices. I figured it was good since it was always sold out in my shade at my local ulta.

Price- The price is significantly more than drugstore brands but it' s totally worth it. You don't have to use too much so the tube will last you a few months

Packaging- it comes in a white tube which isn't my fave. The tube is white so after a few uses it may get stained and start looking pretty dirty. I would suggest cutting off the top and picking out the leftover product with a q-tip once you can't squeeze out anymore product.

Coverage- this is great for a light to slightly medium coverage. I a full coverage type of girl and dont mind doing full face foundation during the week. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage I got from this. It evened out my skin tone fairly well..I have really dark under eye circles and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation. Considering that this isn't a foundation it has good coverage for a bb cream. It also smoothed out my skin and minimized my poors. It also left my skin feeling pretty silky and slightly moisturized. Keepin mind, I have combo/oily skin. Just be careful mot to put on too much product because then it looks streaky and uneven. It does have sof as well which is always good.

Routine- I will use this in one of two routines 1- I use my ambi dark spot correcting cream on my dark spots and let it dry. Then I'll apply the tarte bb cream and let dry. I follow it with a few small light dabs of the the hard candy glamouflage concealer and then top it off with my studio fix powder. This provides what I feel to be full coberage without needing to use liquid foundation. I may need to blot 2-3 times during the day but never retouch. This is my everyday look.
The second routine is more for when I'm on the run and don't need full coverage but I don't want to leave the house without ANYTHING on. Lol. This is my on the go I need to run errands sat morning routine. I just moisturize and let dry then apply the bb cream. I top it off with my powder and go. This is more medium coverage but works well.

The biggest misconception is that people think this IS a primer. It just supposedly has a built in primer. I dont suggest it for that. In fact, although it didn't leave me as oily as the maybelline bb cream if used alone you will still get shine.you need to set this with a powder. All in all I really did like this product.I am already on my second purchase and will be purchasing again.