Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 8/7/2014 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I picked up the trial size on my last trip to Sephora. Osheaga was coming up and I wanted something more like a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation since I would be outside all day for 3 days straight. I saw this while waiting in the check out line (those damn impulse buy items, Sephora knows how to get you). The small size was only $10 so I figured I would give it a shot. I was a bit confused because it says tinted treatment. I looked it up and apparently it works as an anti-aging treatment along with being a primer, moisturizer, light foundation and sunscreen.

I was pretty happy with how this product worked out for me. Luckily, the color matched my skin tone. I applied only a little bit with my clean hands since I was going to a music festival and didn't need TOO much coverage. It evened out my skin and it has a nice satin finish. It is buildable, however, if that's what you're looking for. I just wouldn't label this product as a full coverage foundation. It's definitely just light-medium coverage.

It lasted pretty well also. This might be my staple music festival bb cream from now on!

on 8/7/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In love with this! Great coverage, controls oil, and doesn't cause breakouts. The finish is satin, which is neither too matte nor dewy. I rarely have to do touchups when I wear this on, plus I don't even have to set it with powder!

Full review here:

on 7/27/2014 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I will buy again. Love this product on my menopausal skin.

on 7/26/2014 2:52:00 PM

Straight up, I don't really like this product.

Firstly, finding a shade is so difficult. I'm around an NC20-25 and both Fair and Light are way off! Fair is a very light shade, maybe NC15, and Light is more towards NC25 but very, very pink toned. I got a sample of the Light shade anyways, just to test the product out.

Secondly, I live in a humid climate plus have naturally oily skin so that might contribute to how terrible this product felt on my face. The product is quite a thick mousse texture that continues to feel mousse-like even while on my face. It doesn't melt in, and has a very heavy silicone-y feel. It feels heavy on my skin and not natural at all. Granted, I did use maybe a total of one and a half pea sized amounts for my entire face (2 layers, so around a pea size per layer) which is quite a lot, but I've read reviews that the coverage of this is supposedly amazing so I was looking forward to that due to some acne and acne scarring. The coverage is definitely good, it covered what I wanted it to, but there's a catch - it did NOT look natural at all! It felt like I had a load of makeup on my face, and it looked like I did too. I did not wear anything under or over this product, because it looked pretty much natural matte (albeit cakey) on the get-go. It did tend to emphasize flaky skin, so I have to exfoliate all of them off thoroughly before this could glide on.

It felt greasy and oily throughout the time I wore this foundation (during which I didn't do much, I just was out in the humid weather having dinner), and my skin felt suffocated. I kept going to look at myself in the mirror and touching my face, even though the product looked and felt fine. It was all down to how it FELT.

Needless to say I rushed home and took this off my face immediately, so I can't judge on its 12-hour claim. Maybe in a very very thin layer as a primer, it might do better, but I don't really want to test it out again. It didn't work well with oily skin AND flaky skin, so I don't know who to recommend this to either. You really have to test it out yourself, because judging by many other reviews this product can definitely work well. It is just not for me, unfortunately!

on 7/9/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Update 12/2014: I Loved this but had to return it, I started getting breakouts on my upper face which is not acne prone, It was the best looking cover up I'm so sad I had to give it up. Original review below.

I love this!! It is a sunscreen moisturizer and cover up in one! Such a time saver :) I am a devout SPF user; I always hated having to wait 15 min before applying my foundation. This feels like silk going on. It lasts all day, even lasted through a shower yet looks light and natural.

The result is a one step process that helps me achieve a natural look. It blends better than my Bare Essentials mineral foundation, which I used for 10 years.

It blends so well and I don't even feel it on my skin :). I've been looking for a cover up to even out my skin w/o looking like makeup. I just wanted to cover old acne scars on my jawline, while lightly evening out the rest of my skin. This does that perfectly.

Also love that it is paraben free, and free of bismuth-oxychloride (lead found in most foundations, including mineral)
I was skeptical at first because I can't stand the feel, or look of liquid foundations and they break me out.

I will update this if it causes any breakouts.

on 6/26/2014 8:22:00 PM

This product isn't as talked about as some of their other products but it is quite nice. Its not quite my favorite bb cream just because it clings to the dry patches some times, their isn't a wide variety of shade selections and it can be hard to blend out without a makeup sponge or a face brush, Overall its a good product but I would go for the NYX bb cream or the Tarte amazonian clay bb cream. I would recommend it!

on 6/24/2014 10:39:00 PM

Great product... Great staying power... I have to use a moisturizer under it but I have dry skin... The only bad thing is the price :/

on 6/22/2014 6:58:00 AM

I've been using this for quite a few months now and I love it! It covers better than any foundation I've tried... it applies beautifully and like silk... I use fair as I'm light but I am NW20 for reference... For a BB cream, the color range is good and best of all, SPF 30. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase....

I LOVE this stuff. Got a sample in some other tarte products, and fell in love w/the texture- I am very tan right now, and just ordered both the medium and tan, with brushes, which are on special at qvc right now. I did set it with a little light mineral powder (not much!) but I think I've found my foundation for the summer, and hopefully beyond. It is very light weight, but I went back over a couple of 'those' places on my face, with my fingers, and it held through two nights of all out dancing and being up all night. I have combo skin, sensitive, and love the way this wears- I'm not sure about the 12 hour claim, but can attest to the durability of this during high humidity, high temps., and vigorous exercise. Bravo, tarte.

on 5/30/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product, but it did absolutely nothing for me. In fact it gave me probably the worst breakout I've ever experienced. I wore it as a primer under my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I have some acne scarring as well as some redness on my face. When first applied and combined with the foundation, my skin looked absolutely flawless. However, only a few hours later, my face was like an oil slick. About two weeks into using this product my skin started breaking out everywhere, which is very unusual for me. I discontinued using it and returned it to Sephora. Two weeks later, I'm still trying to get my skin back to normal. On reflection, maybe it was too heavy for my skin as I was wearing it under full coverage foundation.