January 29, 2015 | 1984 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Fresh Effects in Light/Medium

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sassysnark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product had little to no coverage and smelled so strongly of "fresh scent" that I felt like I had smeared deodorant on my face! It did make my face feel smooth but it turned greasy relatively quickly. It did help minimize my pores so I'll give it that. Otherwise a very disappointing product

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

okay so this is my first bb cream, and i was expecting it to be a little better. like other reviews i agree with the minimal coverage! i usaslly use MAC prep n prime which made my skin soft n preped for makeup, and i thought this would do the same except add benefits and its cheaper. I was wrong , it is not horrible but not great. i easily break out so im yet to know if its this or just me :/ the bottle cap twists off and its just so much more time consuming then a pump or cap like other creams ive tryed. it leaves a lil more of a oily look at the end of the day but thats probley because it has sunscreen in it which can cause that. i dont know if id buy again i wont say no because for the price you get alot and like i said it anit horrible just a nothing special bb cream i suppose.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Briannababees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Safe to say this is the worst BB cream i have tried. Not a pleasant smell and leaves you with no coverage. Leaves your skin very greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product made my skin appear extremely greasy and shiny, offered nearly zero coverage, felt heavy and gross, and had an overpowering smell. I broke out after trying this product for a few days. The product also only comes in two shades, so there's little chance of a good match for your skin tone. The price isn't bad, but the product is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Eeeehhhh. It smells nice and moisturizes well, but there is zero coverage. I'm not expecting Colorstay coverage, but there should be SOMETHING. I might mix this with foundation to get a tinted moisturizer, just so I can use it up. I'm just glad I got it on clearance at Wal Mart.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ml44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Greasy! I tried this because I really liked Olay's makeup line that was discontinued years ago. This is not up to the previous standard at all. It looks really, really greasy on me. I'm returning it as soon as possible. The color really isn't even a tint. It does nothing to enhance my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a little surprised by all the negative reviews! I actually love this stuff. I typically like really heavy, full coverage foundations but lately have just been tired of the thick, heavy made-up look. I tried a couple different tinted moisturizers and did not like them at all and suffered awful breakouts. But I've been using this product for about a week and I have been very happy! The smell is awesome!! It goes on smooth and creamy, it blends and soaks into my skin nicely, and I like the SPF15. I have terrible skin that breaks out really easily and so far I have had no problems. No this isn't going to cover deep acne scars or extreme pigmentation issues, but it does even out my skin tone and give it a nice dewy, healthy look with a little color. That's what I was going for, so the product delivers perfectly for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by noxowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I heard so many good things about BB creams that I tried this one. It provides literally zero coverage and if anything makes my skin look worse. I have redness and acne, I was looking for something that could even out my face just a little so my "no makeup" days could feel a bit better.

The SPF they use is the kind that makes you shiny. Not only that, but something in this irritated my face so I ended up with an oily-looking, aggravated face.

I've tried this product several times on different days and I just can't like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by sgray0721

I was really not a fan of this product. After hearing all sorts of good news about bb creams, this was the first one I decided to try. The packaging was nice and claimed to give skin a fresh dewey look. I have uneven acne prone skin so I hoped this would cover up and even the look of my skin. The product itself was very oily feeling and had a strong smell. It provided little coverage and felt heavy on my skin. The scent irritated my skin which is hard to do, I've got tough skin. I was greatly disappointed because it looked so cute in its little packaging and I like the advertisements for the fresh effects products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This BB cream is certainly of a Western flavor in terms of what it offers, in comparison to traditional Asian BB creams. Most people who are familiar with Asian BB creams feel that Western BB creams are strikingly no different than tinted moisturizers. Olay's BB cream is essentially that (it even says it on the packaging), but it's one of the lightest and sheerest base makeup I've ever tried (including already sheer tinted moisturizers). I expected it to be so, because Olay is more of a skincare brand than a makeup brand, so I wasn't actually disappointed at all.

Olay Fresh Effects BB feels much like Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream as far as its lightweight, fluid texture and blendability, but it's so sheer the pigment just seems to vanish on the skin, much like any ordinary face lotion, except it doesn't leave a white cast that some face products with SPF or white-colored formulas might especially in photography. Those who need coverage will either need to look elsewhere or use a concealer with this product.

But on its own, it leaves a fresh, modestly dewy and very natural finish, evens out minor redness, provides broad spectrum SPF15 backed by a pretty impressive list of 4 different 2.5%–4% active ingredients (unlike Maybelline's BB's 1% sun protection ingredient), and provides enough moisture for normal and combo skin types. Dry skin types might want to supplement this with another moisturizer prior, and sensitive skin types might want to avoid this because it does contain a very noticeable fragrance, if they have allergic reactions. Very oily skin types may want to avoid this because of its dewy finish.

I decided that this BB cream wasn't for me because I have acne scars and dark spots/circles that I need to conceal, and I have used other BB creams, tinted moisturizers, and foundations that provide all of the above as well as coverage. But this product isn't a total loss; my little sister, age 18 with combo-dry, sensitive and acneic skin, happened to really love this because it's lightweight and doesn't make her look made-up, and provides sun protection and moisture all in one.

If sun protection, and moisture are what you're looking for and you don't mind the sheer, minimal coverage (or just need something to even out redness), this is a good product to try. For those of us who just need a primer especially for powder/mineral makeup, this might actually be a great product to layer on; I used to use Victoria's Secret VS PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF20 under mineral makeup, but if I were to continue using mineral makeup, I would switch to Olay's BB as a primer as it has more to offer and comes in a large volume for the price. It's a little expensive considering little coverage, at $12 to $15, but it's the largest tube of BB cream I've seen so far at 2.5oz (75ml) against 60ml from some Korean-brand BBs and even the typical 1oz (30ml) primer in the Western market, so it might be a considerably good value for the other benefits it has to offer and if used to substitute parts of an existing skin care and beauty regimen.