October 1, 2014 | 1671 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I bought this lip butter in "vanilla & macadamia" recently and I'm obessed!
This stuff is way better than I thought. It's really really moistruizing, and makes your lips so soft. The scent/taste is also extremely good! Just like white chocolate and vanilla.

Almost everything about this lip butter is amazing, but there's a few things I'm not crazy about. It doesn't matter that much, but I can't give it 5/5.
First of all they're slightly tinted. That's great with the rasperry one since it's pink, but with the others it's a bit strange. The one I've got is white. Not that it makes your lips white, the colour get's almost invisible if just apply the right amount and blend it into your lips.
The second thing that annoys me a bit, is the packagain. It's super cute, but it's in a tin. That means you gotta use your hands, and when I'm in public i won't use my fingers to apply lipbalm unless they're totally clean.

Otherwise this product is gorgeous, and I definitely recommend it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

God, I love this stuff so much. Me and my sis-in-law got double packs at CVS for 2/5 during an Extrabucks Sale (best way to not spend a lot on Drugstore Brands) and I've been hooked since. I currently possess the Vanilla & Macadamia and Raspberry Rose Kiss, so I'll review these separately in one post.

Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Smells strongly of a chocolate chip cookie, but no flavor. The same color as cocoa butter. My absolute favorite.

Raspberry Rose Kiss: Smells like fruity candy, no flavor. A light pink color.

They both aren't overly heavy, but you know they are full of moisture as soon as you put them on. Last a while.

I'd love to get Caramel Kiss next. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by CtJen

I had a reaction some months ago to something I was using on my lips when I had bronchitis. My lips were very dry and dehydrated so I used Carmex and also a new flavor Chapstick called candy cane. My lips actually got swollen and days later peeled in long strips. I kept applying both lip balms and it was making them worse. I started using just Vaselene on my lips until they healed.

Fast forward two months. I had found a the candy cane flavored Chapstick in a pocket of my jacket and used it. I immediately got a stinging, burning feeling on my lips and wiped it off with a tissue. The next day my lips were swollen again and I had little pimple-like eruptions around the rim of my lips. I thought "oh no! not again". I went to Walmart and found this Nivea Lip Butter and read the ingredients and found them all to be natural. I tried it as soon as I got in my car after leaving the store. It felt so incredible, like no other lip balm I've ever tried. It immediately softened my lips but even better, it wasn't greasy or too shiny. It felt like it was being absorbed, which it was. It healed up my peeling, dry and red lips in two days. I love this product and wil never use Chapstick or Carmex ever again. Both contain camphor and it's really worse than using plain Vaselene. I love this Nivea and will NEVER be without it again. I highly recommend it to anyone for lip softening and repair. By the way, I have read other reviews of people that weren't happy with the little tin. I love that tin, and it fits smoothly in my front pocket of my jeans without a big rounded bulge that a tube makes. The lid is so easy to lift off. I've never had any problem and think it's even easier to use than a tube with a snap off cap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by ohfortheloveofmakeup

I want this in every room of my house, in every coat pocket, it every purse, etc. I use it all the time and it is the ONLY thing that has ever actually healed the dry skin that stays on my full bottom lip. I put a thick layer on at night (heard about this product used that way on a blog) and my lips are perfect in the morning. Mine is in Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss and I like it a lot (I'm not into the fruity stuff). Also, this product is way better than EOS, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Clapyourhandstwice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. Very creamy and moisturizing. Does leave a whitish cast on the lips. I like to use this as an overnight treatment and on weekends. Not a huge fan of the packaging. I really don't like putting my fingers in the product. All in all though this is a great product and I would purchase again. I have the vanilla macadamia and it smells wonderful and doesn't have much of a taste which I like.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Nivea from their lotions to their body washes - so I was excited when I saw that they came out with a line for Lip Care. I love that they have 4 diff ones to choose from so I decided to buy the Vanilla. I love anything Vanilla - the smell didnt disappoint, neither did the consistency of the product. It went on smooth and you are able to apply with your finger. However, i did not like the packaging. The tin is very hard to lift off, especially when you are trying to maintain a manicure and there is not much room to hold on the tin if you are trying to lift it. I am not sure if I prefer a round container like Blistex has - but the tin didnt do much for me. Also, if you dont close it tight enough, you end up having the junk in your bag (dust and other randomness) stick to the balm. I dont think I would buy it again :(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

I have this in caramel creme. It is a thick, white colored milky lip balm that is very hydrating and soft. The scent is lovely and the feeling of the balm is really great.

I use this at night or home alone, I would not wear this out as it leaves sort of a white film on the lips, even if you use a teeny bit the overall look is milky and for my pinkesh-red lips, not so flattering.

I HATE the tin, mine is an absolute struggle to open and always gets stuck or bent up.

I would repurchase becuase i really enjoy a heavy lip treatment at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

we don't have this in my country so i had to wait until i go on a trip to buy it.
i bought the original and raspberry, because caramel scented anything makes me gag and vanilla scented is even worse. but even the raspberry is still too sweet (i thought it gonna be sour) so i rarely touch it.
the formula is nice, moist and not sticky, it melts upon application, so much better than the body shop's lip butter.
i already have a HG homemade lip butter, but i will buy this again just because i love nivea.
it's perfect on it's own, but i take one lippies because it's hard to get and i can only use the original unscented one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these lip butters !!! Soooo moisturising ! I always seem to have crack lips and these are the only products that help bring them back to life ! .... HOWEVERRR am I the only one that thinks the caramel one smells like feet !!!?? Or just something rank ??? It's the only one I can't use cause it just smells gross ! The rest of them are amazing !!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by 8bitAmes

I love these lip butters. They're ultra creamy and moisturizing. Some other reviewers have noted that some of the flavours have a white cast, and I'd agree with that, but I don't mind it at all. My lips are naturally quite pigmented so these tone them down a little. The flavours are amazing - I have vanilla & macadamia and raspberry. I put the vanilla & macadamia on before bed - it has completely replaced my rosebud salve. These lip butters are really rich - they have helped my lips through this awful cold winter. Would totally repurchase.