Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

EDIT: Love the moisture, silky, smooth, leaves a light pink tint, lasts a while, nice sturdy tin packaging, smells really good! (like rasberries!) Not sanitary, Moisture doesn't last long, did I say not sanitary? I can't get over that which is why I won't be repurchasing. Grody.

on 6/26/2014 10:23:00 PM

These are really nice for more of a deep conditioning to the lips. They can really help with chapped, cracked or wind-burnt lips. They are really easy to find, at drugstores and target anywhere where Nivea is sold. They are really lovely and I absolutely recommend them.

on 6/14/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this in the vanilla macadamia and let me tell you it smells absolutely delicious! I put this on either at night or under lipstick and glosses. It not only keeps your lips soft and moisturized, but keeps them smooth for other lip products (like lipstick). And like I said, that nutty vanilla scent is awesome!
A lot of people didn't like the fact that is was a tin, but if it was in a "stick" form, the product wouldn't be as rich and thick. (This product certainly isn't light btw.) Plus I find the tin lasts me longer.
Not only is it a great price, but this stuff works great for me! I will repurchase- in even more scents!

I don't really like the tin packaging as I'm not fond of sticking my fingers in things and the product is average. There's better lip balms available that are in tubes.

on 6/7/2014 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Those balms are ok, but nothing to be stuck to for a long time.
Personally, I don't like this type of packaging, especially during the winter, when
its cold you have to apply with bare hands.
On top of that it does not lasts for a long time on my lips.
I really like the flaviours thou :)

This lip balm is ok. Not amazing, not terrible, just ok. I feel like it just sits on my lips and doesn't do anything. When it wears off, my lips don't feel any softer. I gave this 3 stars because of the scent. I have this in raspberry rose kiss and the scent is wonderful. Other than that, I don't really care for this balm.

on 5/27/2014 1:56:00 PM

Smell great,feel great but after only 3 days of using them both my sister and I broke out around our lips

on 5/22/2014 5:16:00 AM

I have been on the hunt for the Nivea Lip Butters since I saw them start popping up in a lot of beauty bloggers videos. And I finally found them! Only to discover that although the packaging and wording was exactly the same, my lip butter said "Labello Lip Butter" and not "Nivea Lip Butter". I have since found out that Labello is the lip care department/section of the Nivea company and that essentially they are the same thing. I bought this in South Africa so I assume that it is called Labello in Africa and in some parts of Europe whilst being called Nivea in America and parts of Asia?

The actually product though, is definitely heaven sent. I have been looking for a decent lip balm for basically half of my life. I have constantly dry and chapped lips and it's a pain to deal with. I've tried so many things before but this is definitely the only lip balm/treatment that has worked for me so far. It's really amazing.
I payed R19.95 for this baby, (roughly about $1.99) which makes these SUPER affordable.

I have no issue with the packaging being in a small pot. I actually like it. I am an obsessive hand-washer so hygiene is generally not a worry for me. But aside from that, the application of this is great because you only need to apply a small amount in order to moisturise your lips. I've read reviews of people complaining about the milky colour that appears after a while and honestly I think that if you're building it up to a milky colour on your lips then you're definitely overdoing it. With this product, a little goes a long way. The lip butter also stays on your lips for a very long time (8 hours if you leave it on overnight) so reapplication shouldn't be an issue and there shouldn't be a worry about constantly sticking your fingers in the pot anyway.

It's honestly the best lip balm that I have ever come across. I will continue to repurchase this, probably forever.

on 5/13/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my absolute favourite lip balm of all time. I have really dry chapped lips for the last ten years. This is the first product that really hydrates them and has 'fixed them'. My lips are no longer dry...I can go a day without lip balm and they will be OK still.

Changed my life. It's cheap, all flavours a subtle. Packaging is sturdy. Have repurchased it loads already.

on 5/13/2014 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is nothing special about this balm that I can see. I bought the caramel flavor and it does smell delicious but that is the only good quality I've found. It's not very moisturizing, has a rather waxy texture that sits on top of lips and doesn't sink in. The main ingredient is petroleum and while it does contain several good things like shea butter and sweet almond oil, I think those are in pretty small quantities in the balm. It leaves a white cast on lips and I'm also not a fan of the little tub. I've been using it under my matte lipsticks and it's ok for that purpose but I most definitely won't be buying another one.

Popular Lip Treatments