July 31, 2014 | 1030 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I looooooooooove this lip butter!! I like that it's in a tin, it's so cute! I don't care if it's 'unsanitary'. I feel like this could be a day lippie if you put on just a small amount, not enough that it makes your lips white. And at night, who cares, you can layer it on like there's no tomorrow! I find it annoying that it has a white cast because I tend to wear lip balms during the day instead of overnight. But that can be fixed, since I can just apply a thin layer during the day. I have this in Raspberry Rosé (smells like raspberries and fruit loops and leaves the STRONGEST white cast out of all that I've tried), Vanilla & Macadamia (smells like a white chocolate chip macadamia cookie, freshly baked) and Original which smells like nothing. I love these lip butters and will continue to repurchase! But c'mon Nivea, bring Caramel Cream to Canada!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have the Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss. This is an affordable gloss with very subtle color and great flavor. It isn't sticky and is very hydrating. You get a good amount of quality product for your money with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm devoted to the Nivea brand, and I love this product! The tin is cute and reusable, although if you are used to using a balm with an applicator, dipping with your finger can take some getting used to. The balm smells and tastes great--I have raspberry rose--and is very soothing and moisturizing. Also thankfully no mediciny ingredients like menthol or camphor. You could definitely use this for all those things you use petroleum jelly or rosebud salve for. Altogether just an elegant little product, def worth the money and I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Danix978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip conditioners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I buy this in Vanilla & Macadamia, I have not tried any of the other ones. I'm on my 4th tin of this and I love it. I use it every morning and night and my lips have not been chapped at all during this EXTREMELY dry and cold Canadian winter. I find I don't need to use it more than twice a day and can wear regular lipstick during the day with none of the chapping I would usually get during the winter months. I think the tin is cute but it's kinda gross dipping my finger in there all the time. Not a fan of that but it's not going to stop me from buying more. New fav lip product from Nivea, and they already have an amazing line up of products. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect little lip butter that you can stick in your bag or pocket or absoluetly anywhere you need to because its failsafe.

I have the Macadamia one. It's so nice, non greasy, non whitening (some make a gunk on your lip) and its super inexpensive. I actually was using Maybelline new Dr Rescue balms and I find this to be a way more effective moisturizer. Especially after an exfoliation and before bed. It's an ideal base for lipsticks and I even applied it on a couple dry patches on my forehead. (weird I know but it worked) Only downfall is you gotta stick your fingers in it. Although if keep a couple q tips on hand you can use those too so not a big deal.

:) Excellent little product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved these little tins. So far I have tried them academia and the berries one. I prefer the berries one because it smells delicious. It is fairly moisturizing and the little tins are very cute. I would love to try the blue tin next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The "original" one is awesome, though I use it mostly as a cuticle balm. The tin packaging, while cute, isn't the most hygienic or the easiest to use, but I would repurchase this if I ran out. However, here's a note for anyone who's very scent-sensitive like me: the Vanilla Macadamia one has a strong fragrance which I found so cloying that I threw the whole thing out... couldn't even use it on my cuticles.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I don't really feel these. I feel that they are a protective balm, I never really feel them sink in or moisturize. They would be good if you were going out in the wind or cold, but they leave kind of a white cast on me. I bought all four favors when I saw them, because I am a sucker, and the vanilla/macadamia and caramel smell amazing, but I feel like they have a vague sunscreen/chemical taste, which is weird because these have no SPF. I wasn't a huge fan of the raspberry rose, but I will blame myself for that one because that combination did not really sound appealing to me even before I tried it. The plain is my favorite, but I know I can find better plain balms. These were a disappointment to me given the hype.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great stuff! I have lots of lipbalms/ chapsticks. My main favorite as far as results go is the standard CARMEX but its smells and tastes super gross. I love Nivea lotions so I was interested in these. I got the Macadamia Vanilla one. It smells like cookie dough, i wanted to eat it. The texture is very smooth and creamy, quite luxurious as well. Not waxy or sticky. The amount you get very appropriate for the price and i love the little tin container it comes in. They also have a variety of flavors. I started putting this one before bed every night and my lips are soooo soft without the funky smell and taste of Carmex! This may have replaced my Carmex actually. Very pleased with this.