October 23, 2014 | 922 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy moly, I've used UDPP for years thinking it was the best in the industry. This is better.

You will notice quite a bit more slip compared to UDPP. That slip makes all the difference when applying eyeshadow. After seeing how smoothly eyeshadow applies over this (with no sacrifice on color intensity), application of eyeshadow over UDPP suddenly seemed patchy and uneven by comparison when I went back. Seriously, eyeshadow blends much smoother and evenly over the Fergie primer, it's unbelievable.

Pro tip: Let it dry for at least 30 seconds before applying eyeshadow on top, otherwise it applies all patchy (kinda like UDPP now that I think about it).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great product and I'm so glad that I don't have to pay that huge pricetag for UDPP anymore. This WnW primer works just as good if not better. I can wear my shadows for 16 hours or more with no creasing or fading. I have dry eyelids and this has not irritated them or made them worse in anyway. I also recommend the WnW shimmer primer for non-matte shadows and it blows UDPP sin out of the water.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eye primer did not work for me at all. My eyelids got super dry and when I applied my eyeshadow they looked even drier. I used a couple different eyeshadows the 3 times I tried this primer and I just wasn't able to blend the colors at all. When I used neutrals/taupe colors they looked like mud on my lids (no it's not the shadows, because I've used the same colors with different primers and they looked good) and the colors didn't look vibrant at all. I felt as soon as I applied this that it wasn't going to work because it dried up right away and it felt too thick for a primer. I tried using only a little bit, but that still didn't work. I bought this since it had good reviews but it didn't work for me at all. I'll stick to the ELF eyelid primer for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Melk98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to primer I love this stuff. It work wonders you should definitely go try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

This is legitimately the best eye primer I have ever used. While on holidays in the US, I forgot to bring a primer so I tried this out because I heard some good things about it. AND THEY WERE RIGHT.

Never have I ever had my eye shadow and gel liner stay in place all day (as in 10-14 hours) and not have it crease! This is a perfect formulation for me as I felt that the Too Faced one was too thin and slippery whereas Urban Decay was overly creamy (and caused it to crease). This looks a little matte when applied to the eyelid but it melds in with my skin tone pretty quick without any greyish cast or highlighting dry/uneven parts.

I've got no complaints about the packaging - I just apply some gentle pressure to squeeze a tiny bit out and there's no mess. I just wish I bought more of these in America because I was forced to buy backups that were three times the price online!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossom4u

Disappointed big time.. it felt gritty after it dried and did nothing to hold or enhance my shadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by CrazeeBeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Decided to try this after good reviews and many fails with other primers. I picked this up from target for around four dollars. I feel like I've tried every primer from ub to tf and nothing worked on my oily lids. I love the squeeze tube packaging of this. You only need a tiny dot of this. This blended out nicely and was a little drier than others. Usually after four hours my shadow is creased but even after a ten hour shift with this my shadow did not crease at all. So far this is the best primer I have found I've even bought back ups! I am very happy with this but I think it is best for people with oily lids since it is a drier formula. All in all great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Is this real? A good eyeshadow primer for under $10? You bet! I've been hearing many many glowing reviews for this and when I saw it on drugstore.com I bought it quick and in a hurry; I felt that news would spread of how good it was and it would sell out so I had to have it. So, tried it and its just as good as everyone said. It comes in a cute black and silver squeeze tube, the tip is narrow enough to get the right amount out with no watery or oily excess. The consistency was perfect and trust me, a little bit does go a long way. It dries to a slight opaque finish but not too opaque where it looks ashy, and was tacky enough to make the eyeshadow stick. I used a nice green shadow for spring time and it went on so smooth and vibrant, oh. my. word! And 2 hours later in the 80 deg Florida heat, it was still there! Awesommmme! I used to use ELF primer, but sorry ELF, although you're just a $1 compared to WnWs Fergie Eyeshadow that comes in at about $5, I'll gladly pay more for this stuff. I have found my HG and I beg of you WnW, do not discontinue this or change the formula, I will seriously cry if you do, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't have high expectation for this primer, being so cheap, right? but I have to say it's the best primer i've used. I have oily lids and have tried Urban Decay, Too Faced, Rimmel and NYX primers and all crease on me as do MAC paint pots of Maybelline Color Tattoos. Yet, I got this a week ago and have used it now with MAC, Smashbox, Revlon and other eyeshadows and they all have made it crease-free, nonfading for 12 hours, amazing! if you are still looking for a shadow primer, try this one, it's cheap and good.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by marissa04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, I had really high hopes for this product. Having super oily and hooded eyelids, I have finally particular routine with the NARS primer that really seems to work. Now that primer is definitely not cheap and when I heard Wet'n'Wild's was even better at controlling oil I ran out and bought it the next day. I saw two different types and I grabbed the "For My Primas" one, I'm not sure if that makes a difference. For me, this primer is just okay. Still better than UDPP and TFSI at an unbelievable price but I still experienced fading and creasing that I wouldn't have with NARS. I will continue to try and make this work because it is such a good bargain but at this point it's not special enough for me to want to repurchase.