August 27, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by miriamt16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first review! EEEPPP I'm excited! Lol. I was at Walmart in the cosmetics area and i came across these. I got them when they first came out, so they were expensive. They were around $11.99-$12.99! I was excited to try them so i gave them a shot. I got the one in pink resistance because i wanted a nice subtle pink. When i got home i opened it up. It made me a little iffy to buy the product at first because they don't come sealed with any safety seal AT ALL. So somebody could swatch it on their hand and/or put it on and put it back. GROSS!! But anyway, I wore it to school the next day and didn't really like it. It smelled HORRIBLE to me. Like a chemically perfume. Kind of like a rose perfume with a strong chemical scent. It was VERY strong. The product itself did indeed have a wet feeling. It is a stain. Although The "Pink Resistance" color wasn't pigmented at ALL. I couldn't even see it on my lips. Within the first 10 minutes of wear i noticed that the lip gloss made me have those little sticky string whenever i opened my mouth! The taste isnt pleasant and neither is the smell. The product is ok. I wouldn't recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In my search for a good lip laquer that I do not have to mortgage the house to pay for, I decided to try this one. MY experience with this is rather negative, I'm afraid.

In the first place, the color, I got the Forever Lilac, which shows like a mauvy pink in the case. On me, it turned a bright, vivid berry. Not a bad shade, but not what I was looking for.

In the second place, it wears off almost instantly if you eat or drink, and leaves no color whatsoever. Has some loose glitter I don't care for at all. Glossy, but not goopey-gloss, which is why I gave it a 2.

Not what I was looking for so I gave it away. I got Rimmel's Show Off Lip Laquer, which is cheaper than this, and I am absolutely delighted with it (I wrote a review on that).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by NJCathi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried lots of stains and hated most of them. I liked the Shiseido but the colors are limited and the price is high. Used Maybelline for a while but hate that bubblegum taste. So I decided to buy the Loreal when I had left my lipstick at home. What a surprise! It has no icky taste, stays on FOREVER, doesn't cost a fortune and has nice colors. Ok, they could expand the color range a bit but so far I have 4 and I'm happy. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by berlianips

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love L'Oreal so much, especially this Lip Gloss, Perfect for to me. wanna buy again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I have this in Pink Rebellion, and I do really like it! It goes on semi-sheer, but doesn't feel heavy or sticky at all. In fact, it's a bit watery for a gloss. The colour is nice and shows up well on my lips (which are pretty heavily pigmented). I don't notice that it gives a notable staining effect, which may be due to the light colour or my lips, not sure. I'd say that the stain probably shows up better with the darker/brighter colours, like the Revlon Stain Balms--though the pink I have with that stains a lot better, but obviously it's not really the same product or give the same effect. Doesn't accentuate the lines on my lips or chapped skin either.

Great product overall, but I took one lippie off for the nonexistent staining.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ericavander

Loooooove this! I had been eyeing this for quite a while after seeing it on a fashion blog I read (Veronika's Blushing), but the price threw me. Finally caved and picked it up and have been wearing it non-stop since. I got Pink Resistance and it's so pretty! Definitely will re-buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by goaheadlily

Checking out many,many lipglosses, I was thrilled to try this one. I was sort of disappointed to be honest. I bought two and the colors are very nice but I wasn't too wild about the feel of it. It was sort of tacky feeling and just uncomfortable. I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lucyzta

I just purchased this in Pink Rebellion! I am a BIG fan. I would have given it 5 lipsticks but I think it is a little bit too expensive for a drugstore purchase (I got mine for $10.50 at CVS). I have to admit that I have been craving this product ever since I saw the commercial on TV (yes, I am totally the girl that advertisers are targeting!). This did not disappoint though!

First of all, I love the packaging. It's really unique and sleek looking. Very sophisticated, especially for a drugstore purchase. I love the applicator, it makes it super easy to apply this product. I found it easy to apply evenly, and I liked that it didn't run like some other glosses of lipsticks when I apply. I had to apply two or three coats of this to really get a deeper pink. Once it is on though it stays on very well. I ate a meal and it was still in tact. I'd definitely repurchase this! I want to get more colors too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

This is an amazing product!

I would never have bothered with these, except there was a sale. Now that I've tried them, I'd say they're a good value even at regular price! I initially bought the shade Pink Rebellion, which is a deep pink with a hint of fuchsia. When I realized what a terrific product it was, I went back and picked up Pink Resistance (a peachy pink) and Lilac Ever After (a MLBB pinky mauve). Yes, the shades change when the stain develops - -almost all staining products do that. However, the L'Oreal shine stains seem to just develop into a deeper version of the gloss colour, and they do it quickly, so you can tell what your look will be within a minute or so of application. Once the shade develops, it stays put for HOURS. Both the stain and the glossy effect stay quite fresh even through eating and drinking. It's kind of incredible.

I haven't had the trouble others refer to with damaged lips, but I can see what they're saying -- my lips do feel a tiny bit tight after a day of wearing this product. But it's nothing compared to the aftereffects of most long-wearing lip colours (e.g. two-stage paint-plus-gloss lipsticks, or dry matte longwearing lipsticks). And this is the first long-wearing lip colour I've had that doesn't require any kind of touching up with gloss to stay looking nice. It's also the only one that gives the option of a sheer-looking coverage; usually sheer lipstick or gloss means constant retouching. I love the versatility!

Because the quality is SO high, I'm not even taking a lippie off for the terrible, terrible perfumey scent. It bothers me a bit when I first apply. Fortunately, it does disappear after a short time, so it won't stop me from wearing them, but I thought I should make mention of it since it is very strong initially.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Darling17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the red shade in Juliet and I like it very much.
It really lasts a lot. You can eat and it will not smudge. My lips are small but full and one layer is enough, but for deeper impact sometimes I put the second one. The only con that I can think of is that I feel I need to put a lip balm over it, it dries my lips a little bit. That's why I will put 1 lipstick less in overall rating.
Anyway, I will purchase it again once I finish the one I have.