April 17, 2014 | 862 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I was really excited to try this as I heard it was a dupe for the YSL glossy stains! I don't think this is a great product. I purchased the shade 101 Lolita (I don't know the US name), which is a nice rosy pink.. but when I applied it to my lips, it turned a red colour and that wasn't the shade that was in the tube, so that was irritating. Also, you have to apply a few coats of it to get an opaque colour and the 'gloss' builds up and feels sticky. It's not the most comfortable lip product, it stays on fairly well but I don't think I could get used to the texture. As for the colour, it may come out true to the tube if I concealed my natural lip colour :/

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

UPDATE: These made my lips peel like crazy. Took it off at the end of the night and used lipbalm before bed as they they felt dry, woke up in the morning and literally had an entire layer of skin coming off.

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I like how it's 30 percent water and I love the colors and the staying power, and how you're able to drink & eat without worrying BUT... The pigmentation is horrid, I literally have to layer 4 times to get a decent color (it isn't difficult to layer as some mention but still, 4 times?!) It also goes on feeling like water which I like but then it turns sticky and slightly uncomfortable, when wearing this you will KNOW you have something on your lips but meh you get used to it. I hit no for repurchase because it didn't have a "maybe" option and as of right now I'm not sure these are worth the 14 dollars...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I absolutely adore this product. The only color I have is the red one, as that is the only one I was interested in (sucker for red lips...). If you want a long-wearing red lip product that you don't even really need to touch up for like, six hours, this is the one for you. It goes on a bit glossy, it's very comfortable, not too sticky, and eventually dries to a beautiful stain. I love the applicator and the packaging. Save yourself the money with YSL and check these babies out. Amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by cbailey4111

I have two of these, Pink Resistance and Rose On And On. I really like them both. They can be applied using the doe foot for full color, or smoothed on with a fingertip for a less bold but still pigmented look. They dry down to a thick, slightly sticky finish, which I actually kind of enjoy. Lipbalm-ish. They last forever on your lips, and the stain they leave behind is amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

The commercial caught my eye!

And after reading posts from other MUAers, and it being compared to YSL Rouge Vernis, I was excited to try a similar product for a fraction of the price.

PROS:
- long lasting
- personally, I like the colours as I'm a big fuschia and red fan
- great price point

CONS:
- let's start that I have thicker lips...perhaps for those with thinner lips, they may have experienced less uneven spread as I did
- when applying, it has a very uneven spread, meaning that when I try to brush my lips with a thin layer, it stains so quickly that certain areas stain darker than others. The issue with this is when you try to compensate on the lighter areas, they end up staining darker than the original dark areas, and so on. Basically, it is very difficult to to achieve an even stain and gloss
- the pigments are unlike the YSL one. YSL glosses have a great pigment to it. This gloss tends to...I don't know, fade into another colour than the original application. Not sure if it is due to the post-stain or oxidations.

Unfortunately, disappointed at the quality, and I do not beliee it is the same formula or similar product than the YSL Rouge Vernis. I would not buy again, but if it works for you, great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

My feelings for this product are so oppositional.. on one hand this glossy stain does both - provide a nice gloss and a stain and it really lasts a very long time if you aren't eating or drinking and it stays quite a long time even if you are. On the other hand the colour selection is so limited and when I apply it (with one or multiple coats), it applies a COMPLETELY different colour to what was expected, if anything, it applies 4 shades darker than advertised. Really strange, kinda good on one hand but completely sucky on another (I wanted the colour I was promised!).

I think this product will require a bit of playing with... knowing that I love the staining, gloss and lasting power, but also knowing that it dries *darker* than intended, I will try one coat over a really bright lipstick to see if it dulls down the bright lipstick while maintaining the gloss and long-lasting quality. I think this product was *almost* perfect, but L'Oreal needs to release a version 2.0 and correct the flaws I mentioned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in shade 300, Juliet, a red with a very slight pink base to it. I love it!

Good things: The colour is beautiful. Not too bright, too brickish, or too pink. Just right.
The packaging is pretty and is easy to hold.
The actual product is great. It goes on like a bog-standard gloss (IMO) but leaves a stain behind. I applied at about 11am, and by 4pm it still looked and felt glossy, and had stained evenly. I reapplied although I didn't really need it. It feels nice on, not drying like some stains.
The gloss removed easily, the stain didn't. Not something I wasn't expecting, it is a stain after all!

Bad things: I HATE the smell! That horrible, very sweet, bubblegum yuck. Luckily it wears off fairly quickly so it's not too obnoxious.
The applicator. Personally, I really hate the heart shaped applicator, I find it really hard to get it on my lips evenly and have to use the point to 'line' and then fill in. It works best to apply, leave to set without pressing lips together, then reapply.

All in all, I really really like this gloss. It looks good, feels good, and the slight annoyances I can overlook. Others have mentioned it makes lips feels dry when taken off - I do agree with this, but then, I have pretty dry lips anyway so it is entirely possible this is just my lips. Use a balm before application and it's fine.

Would definitely buy again, although I am underwhelmed with the colour selection so far.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

The product is very drying and doesn't sit evenly on lips so color doesnt look good. It also has an odd sticky feeling to it. Ive used long wearing lipsticks before and also stains, but this got my lips dry to point id want to rip off my lip-skin. Returned this to CVS. I like the doe-foot applicator though but nothing about product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by breeolvera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if I got a bad tube but its hardly pigmented at all and taste like dish soap

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by kaatiex

I own Milady, Juliet and Romy.

They are very buildable and with a few coats can create an opaque lip; alternatively they can be used with one or two swipes to create a sheer lip which is perfect for someone like me who tends to shy away from bold lips.

They do have a scent- they smell like raspberries; this doesn't last too long and there is no discernible taste while on the lips.

They wear for a good couple of hours without needing to be touched up, and when they do fade away you're left with a stain that lasts despite vigorous scrubbing. They didn't appear drying on my lips but you may wish to apply a balm prior to using one of these stains. The only fault is that they do end up a bit tacky as they begin to dry, aside from that I think they are an amazing and affordable drugstore products, and a great DS dupe for the YSL Glossy Stains!