October 21, 2014 | 866 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Inked in Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

finally a pink that works on my skintone as a single color wash! most end up looking too silver or white.

feels creamier than my other color tattoos

goes on thinly & evenly (i first used my finger...yuck. messy. much better control with a sponge applicator)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by mikraki02

AMAZING!!!!!!!1 I thought because I am cool toned I wouldn't be able to pull it off. I was so wrong. I used my finger to apply to the lids. I didn't put on a lot but it gives a nice wash of pink shimmer. I love this color and happy it apart of the collection : ))

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Allisfaith

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried most of the other colors in this line and I like this one the best! It goes on ballerina pink with a little shimmer. I find with the other colors in this line are seemingly filled with silver/grey shimmer, which is not flattering and hard to work with. In fact the taupe color just looks like mud slathered all over my eyelid, not good. Ink in pink can be built up into a faint mauve color as well. I also lined my bottom lid with it. It's very pretty and goes with coral colors or more purple shadows well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im not an eyeshadow junkie and I barely wear it. i discovered the maybeline color tattoo in rosť gold and I am in LOVE. I wear it on its own and I apply it with a flat shader brush. I'm a nurse and I can't wear heavy makeup so this color is perfect for me. This color made me like eyeshadow on me again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Update:
Just wore this all over the lid, on tear duct, and inner 1/3 of lower lash line with Urban Decay Tease eyeshadow on the outer lid and MAC Vanilla eyeshadow on the browbone and I got so many compliments today!
Original review:
I rarely wear eyeshadow (when I say "rarely," I mean only a few times a year), but for some reason I needed to have this. When I finally got it, it was everything I was expecting and more.
Inked in Pink is the most gorgeous shimmery frosted light pink. It's actually very wearable--it's not too frosty, and it's not bright at all. It's absolute perfection.
Not to mention that the formula is incredible. I expected it to be like my Bad to the Bronze formula (which is somewhat hard and thick, but creamy and smooth nonetheless), but it's not. Either I got a bad Bad to the Bronze, or the formula for these new shades are different, because Inked in Pink is much softer, creamier, and smoother. I love it!
This creamy formula makes application foolproof, as you can simply blend or pat it all over the lid for a quick wash of color, and you're all set. You don't need primer or anything, because once it dries, it's set and will stay put all day long without any smudging, patching, creasing, or fading. You can vigorously rub your finger on your lids and it still won't budge. Hell, you can shower or go swimming and it won't budge!
Inked in Pink has officially got me hooked on eyeshadows now--okay, not "hooked," but I'm for sure going to be wearing eyeshadow more than just a few times a year now!
I need to get Barely Branded next! You can't go wrong for only $6 each, compared to MAC Paint Pots that cost three times as much at $18.50. Goodbye, Paint Pots!
Would I repurchase? Yes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Pleasantly surprised by this impulse purchase - the Tattoos were on sale, or I probably wouldn't have tried this pink shade. I'm not brave about pink tones on my eyes (can make me look sick/tired)! But this one is very wearable. I've used it as an all-over shade, then applied either a grey or brown in the crease/socket. It's especially lovely with a grey look including grey liner, because the warmth of the shimmer warms up the overall look. I imagine this would be incredible on tan or dark skin; for me, pinks are a sometimes food. But this will be the one I reach for when I want that look.

I haven't experienced creasing, but the colour does seem to fade somewhat by the end of the day, leaving behind mostly shimmer. It seems that all the Tattoos I've tried behave a little differently from each other.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pleased with this eyeshadow. With primer it stayed on for a good 10-12 hours without much smudging. I wore it blended into another Color Tattoo- Bad to the Bronze, with a brown liner, I like the neutral look. I didn't experience any creasing with either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow, this is such a gorgeous unique color. I am a huge fan of the Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoos and this is why. I love the new Metal/Metallic's line they are by far some of my favorite colors. I have Gold Rush, Silver Strike, and my favorite - Barely Branded. I finally had the chance to purchase this at Wal Mart after they have been sold out for SO long, and I happily snatched one up. It's such a pretty gold-champagne-pink color. I've never seen anything like this before and as usual, it is very creamy and lasts all day. I feel like a good description for this is "Rose Gold" , although less gold. The color is sort of deceiving in the pot, it is WAY less pigmented and a completely different color but I am happy about that. I feel like my older Color Tattoos aren't as creamy as these are, it must be the new formula or something so I'm thinking about repurchasing my old colors again because perhaps they will be a better formula. :) Anyways, this color is super versatile...you could wear this underneath a gold color (think Half Baked by Urban Decay) and it would look so pretty. I will giddily add it to my collection of 11 color tattoos. You know I adore something if I purchased it 11 seperate times, because I'm kind of A.D.D with make up and am always trying the newest coolest thing. LOVE.

ALSO, READ ME! I found an AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING way to use this! I put on a few layers of this and then I pack Urban Decay's "Fishnet" (I got mine in my 'Fun' Palette) and it is the most GORGEOUS color I have ever seen! The Maybelline Metallics line all have a certain type of "sheen" to them and it's gorgeous, the only way I can really describe it as a Highlighter. If you've ever seen Benefit's High Beam or Cream Highlighter, that looks a lot like those. "Fishnet" has a similar iridescent glow to it, and if you wear "Fishnet" alone or without a white eyeshadow base/primer in general, I can see how it might be able to make certain skin tones look sort of sallow or sick. Not with this! The Inked in Pink is the perfect base that warms up this color , and together they make the most gorgeous light purplish sheen. Trust me, you want to try it! It looks amazing on my brownish/hazel eyes it's not too over the top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful champagne pink colour that really flatters my cool toned fair skin and grey eyes. I apply this with my fingers, and you can apply one layer for a sheer wash of colour or add more layers for more "pop" It also works great as an inner eye highlighter, or under vibrant colours to tone them down for work/day wear. Doesn't crease on me (and I have oily lids) and I've found I can layer powder eyeshadow over top with minimal fuss as well. Overall, I love this colour and look forward to purchasing more of Maybelline's Colour Tattoo Eyeshadows. Oh, and I picked it up on sale for $5.99 CAD at SDM.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by DarlingB0nes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Now, I believe this colour is called Pink-Gold in the UK. It's a lovely pink champagne colour with hints of gold speckles. The colour is very flattering for my grey/green eyes.

I saw this in Boots and loved the idea of a gel/cream eyeshadow as I instantly thought "Go-to eyeshadow for everyday wear!" I was excited, so I bought it and immediately wanted to try it. I try not to use powders on my eyelids as I suffer from eczema, particularly badly on my eyelids and obviously powders just make it look so much worse. I hoped that the cream/gel like texture of the eyeshadow would have little problem with a bit of dryness.

Unfortunately I was wrong. I only wore this when my eczema wasn't flared up and generally when it isn't flared up my eyelids require a little moisturiser and they're fine. But jeez, this look HORRID. It HATED my dryness. It creased, it wrinkled (???) and just generally was a pain. Very drying, not something I need with already dry eyelids! It sets very fast, and this was extremely hard to blend! It hated a MAC 217, won't budge for a Real Techniques dome shadow brush and I didn't even bother to try it with my Sigma and BCC fluffy brushes. The colour was patchy, and sheer at best.
Very disappointed, I have tried MeMeMe's Dew Pots which are basically the same as these but TONS better. I will stick to the MMM's DPs in future and will avoid these!