July 29, 2014 | 2016 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Chanel in Debenhams Birmingham. The MUA had this on and it looked amazing.She had told me that she had not curled her lashes and i thought "yeah,right"!. Tried it a few days later myself and it really does an amazing job of curling your lashes and making them look fuller. If i had to be critical i would say it is expensive for a mascara and does come off a bit if your eyes weep so i wish it came in a waterproof format . I also own YSL babydoll mascara and the Chanel Le Volume looks more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Iez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For reference I have dark, long (careprost), medium thick lashes and love high impact mascaras. Dior Show and YSL Effet Faux Cils are two old favourites. I detest Hypnotic Star by Lancome and have never tried an even remotely useable drugstore mascara. Despite many tries. I have never liked any of Chanels mascaras before this one.

Pros:
Great if you like dramatic rather than natural lashes. A lot of volume is promised and a lot of volume you get.

So fast and easy to apply. When I first got a sample of this it ended up in my handbag, turning out to be the perfect mascara to use on the go. No rubbing, working or second coats needed, so I can even use it in the car while being driven. The rather wet formula helps the colour reach around every lash without coaxing.

Very deep black colour. (10 Noir)

Wears like mascara should. No flaking or running.

Nice tube.

Cons:

Wet and good for quick, no fuss application, if you prefer a more sculptural mascara to manipulate and build you should probably look elsewere.

A little too much mascara ends up on the wand that you may like to wipe off. Like always it seems with this type of product (="dramatic" mascara). (Only Geisha Ink manages not to, look it up if you want more natural looking volume without wiping the wand).

It smells nice, but why put fragrance in a mascara? No one, including me, is going to smell my lashes much.

Overpriced - naturellement..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Nanclares

If you ran out or lost this product would you buy it again?? YES,YES, YES!!!! Just incredible!!! I have been looking for the perfect mascara through years, belive me , I have tried almost everyone , the last one: Dior overcurl,nothing to do whith this one. I have quite thin lashes, not short but not many, and i always look for something that makes the miracle! That turns my normal lashes into FABOLOUS lashes, and of course, never found that. Believe me when I say this is something unvelibable! Just amazing the effect you will see. Instantly my 15 lashes turn into 15millions lashes. You can weare it for a whole day and it will stay perfect untill you go to bed, not flakes at all. And it stays perfect until you end the tube, what I think is great, because many mascaras dry in a few months. Not allowed to those who like a natural effect! The price? Not cheap 32€, but worth every cent, really. If you need a mascara that gives real volume thickness, and butterfly effect at the same time, stop searching, and really try this!! You will be surprised as I did!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by m33m4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara. I still prefer hypnose, because I feel it does less damage to my lashes, but le volume definitely gives much more of 'le volume', while adding the same amount of length. The packaging is gorgeous, sleek and simple, and the price is...very chanel. Definitely over-priced, but department store makeup always is. I personally find it comparable to benefits 'they're real', but I think it's a richer black (which is betttterrr). My only problems with it are that it can feel heavy (though I layer and layer on mascara, and use diorshow primer underneath), and that I noticed some breakage whilst using it. Still a great mascara. I wouldn't repurchase only because I prefer lancomes and I'm not a millionaire.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jujubmxx

I have the shortest straightest lashes so mascara is an absolute must. Have been switching around mascaras for the past year after ending my long term obsession with the classic dior show. I had been using the original falsies volume express by maybelline, which was really hit or miss. On good days, it would make my lashes look so long, but on bad days, they would look short and clumpy. Also, that mascara could not keep a curl.

This mascara was just eh at first: caused my short lashes to be so clumpy. But then I started doing this and boy is it the best mascara I've ever used: WIPE OFF EXCESS PRODUCT FROM THE APPLICATOR W/ A TISSUE AND YOU'LL GET THE BEST LASHES EVER :) I generally just curl, apply a lancome base, and then chanel and my lashes look so long and fluttery w/o looking too spidery. Plus, it holds the curl and doesn't smudge, but is so easy to remove! Plus, wow, does it make my lashes look black and glossy (unlike dior show which sort of reminded me of a matte mousse).

The brush has the whole "snowflake tip" deal which is nice, but will clump your lashes if it has too much product on it. The product itself has that high-end makeup smell haha. The packaging design is perfection, so sleek and beautiful, but make sure to turn the cap into you hear a faint "click" (really easy to forget and why I took off a lippie).

pros: makes short, straight lashes look amazing (when wipe of excess), packaging design is gorgeous, stays all day but washes off w/ ease
cons: 30 bucks for a mascara, have to remember to twist cap all the way, can clump lashes

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by lingre

I received the sample of this and used it until the very end. I am a mascara addict. I love when I find the different articles that say you need different mascaras for different things. This mascara is perfect alone but what I LOVE it for is using it as the base mascara. It plumps up my eyelashes giving them body, separation (they already have a curl) and they give a great definition. I follow it up with LAURA MERCIER Faux Lash Mascara and then use the other Chanel mascara to gently separate and finish. They look huge, full, real and gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by karmen221

My mom got this mascara for Christmas and I have been loving it ever since I got it. Sure it's expensive but it's Chanel and it's worth it. If you want a softer,more natural look all it takes is one swipe. If you want it to be more dramatic, you can easily build up the product. Lasts all day,does not flake,does not clump.Perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by 700poodles

Good formula, makes lashes look dramatic, good coverage, not too dry, not too wet, stays on for a long time...but! I am really not happy about that wand. It clumps my lashes big time. I use Avon's Supershock wand (no better wand out there) with this product, and I like the result.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by anahicl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great mascara!! For now is my holy grail, makes my lashes look fantastic.
However you need to do the makeupbytiffanyd technique and I would not recommend it if you have oily eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been searching for a new mascara for years since Kevyn Aucoin changed the formula when Estee Lauder bought him. While I don't love the clumpiness at first, the intensity and full coverage dark color is what i like. It doesn't dry crispy and so far hasn't smudged.

For a while I was using the Loreal Telescopic, but it's just not dramatic enough. I'll give it a few days and see what I think.

Update: FANTASTIC!!! Dramatic and over the top clumpy but doesn't budge!!