April 17, 2014 | 1902 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher Water Resistant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love trying new mascaras, and so, I am almost always willing to try something new. I saw the hype for this particular mascara on YouTube and wanted to try this myself. First off, I have short brittle lashes, so any help with these little hairs is must! Also, I prefer waterproof over regular formulas because my lashes can't hold a curl and waterproof mascaras tend to be a bit more drying in formulas and sticks to my lashes a lot better. Moving onto the review... The wand itself is made like a hard plastic but it has a bend to it. The bristles are short and stiff, and normally, I don't like wands that are made this way but there's something about this wand that I do really like. The way it's made and bent helps combs through my lashes and separates the hairs. I find that it really does its job being clump free. I've tried this alone, as a first layer mascara under another brand of mascara and also over a another brand of mascara... It helps the clumps has a second coater on top of different brands. I do enjoy this and would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my new favorite mascara, the one I reach for the most out of all ones I currently own. I have medium length lashes, and I love the brush here more than the old lash blast. With this mascara I get great lift and separation with each lash. It does occasionally clump, but it can usually be brushed away with a few strokes. It doesn't clump as much as the other lash blast and it doesn't flake on me or smudge. It doesn't make my lashes hard lasts throughout the day. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great mascara. No clumps at all, and it adds great volume. No flaking or smudging, this is a new favorite!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by crtroyer

I really like this mascara. It makes my lashes look full even on a days where I don't use an eyelash curler. I haven't had "clumped" lashes of any kind so far. The brush isn't too big or too small and it seems to work great for my eyes. I gave this a 3 lippy because it says it's water resistant when it clearly is NOT. I'm not sure if I just got a bad tube or if other people are having the same problems. I get really bad watery eyes from allergies. I'd like a mascara that doesn't start running down my face when I "cry". So fair warning, don't wear this to an emotional event or swim in it. I would probably buy it again since I like the way it makes my lashes look, just really wish it WAS water resistant.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by goshelbyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Duration- I used this mascara off and on for a few months.

Price- $7 at Target. Not too shabby.

Packaging- I love the bright green. It's so different from others.

Brush- At first I hated it because I thought the curve was hard to work with. Now that I have figured out the way to turn it and apply to my lashes, I love it!

Formula- Not too dry, not too wet.

Clumping- I will give it that Absolutely no clumping.

Flaking- Only if I apply to my bottom lashes because I rub my eyes without thinking.

Waterproof- No way, Jose. It comes right off, which I actually like because my eyes are too sensitive for any makeup remover.

Length and Volume- Not so much. It looks pretty natural actually, which I like for school.

Conclusion- I like to try out different mascaras, but I actually just repurchased this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I don't usually wear waterproof mascaras so perhaps my review isn't as valid as someone who wears it all the time, but I wanted to find something that would work for a trip to Florida I will be making at the end of the month. I wanted something that was beach friendly. I had previously tried L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes (waterproof) and liked how it looked, but was having some eye irritation and wanted to see if it was from that. Not so sure it was, but oh well I like to experiment.

Anyways this is mascara makes your lashes look nice and natural, but a little more dramatic....not incredibly dramatic. It will be a nice mascara to use for the beach.

The staying power is good. It is sort of dry and possibly irritating to my eyes. It comes off easily with makep remover and water. The lashes aren't stiff or spidery. The mascara tube is huge, but surprisingly not uncomfortable or clunky when used.

I have never really been a fan of Cover Girl makeup, period, but I will probably give some of their regular mascaras a chance in the future.

Update: Still like this mascara, but it was no good for the salt water. Spent many hours in the Gulf of Mexico and this stuff smeared all over the place towards the end of the day. I pretty much gave up on make-up at the beach after that day lol :) Oh well! You live and you learn I guess.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Lizard5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this, because I've had problems with clumping with a LOT of other mascaras and I've heard really good reviews, BUT... it didn't hold up to my expectations. For one, I didn't like the brush at all, which is a shame because it seems like a good idea. Because it was curved, it only seemed to get some of my lashes on the inside and outside, but not in the middle. I had to turn the brush in all different directions to get all my lashes, Another thing is while this formula doesn't clump nearly as much as other brands, it still clumped some for me, and my other mascara (CG lashblast fusion) doesn't clump at all, so no real plus there. This mascara also didn't seem to give my lashes any length or volume, either, which is what I go for when I put on mascara. Good try, Cover Girl, but this one just didn't work for me. I'll finish out the tube, but I won't be getting it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Does what it says on the tin ;) I actually wasn't interested in Clump Crusher from the name & marketing; clumps aren't a huge problem for me usually. But when I saw the brush I thought I'd like to try it. I have loved the Fusion formula (purple tube) for a long time, but the enormous clumsy brush is a downside. I feel like this is about the same formula, but the Clump Crusher brush is a HUGE improvement. The slight curve, the ability to choose whether you are loading on lots of mascara or separating lashes, the ability to get into the corner lashes and shorter lashes - it's a really good brush, and the applicator is as important as the formula when it comes to mascara.

It's harder to get quite the same level of volume with this as with Fusion, but it does stand up to multiple coats really well -- even after drying or almost drying, where other mascaras would clump or flake for sure. If I decide I don't have quite enough of a dramatic look, I can add a little more of this without a problem.

Like the other "water resistant" CG formulas, this is really not waterPROOF, but it does stand up to a little rain, watery eyes or a quick cry. And it doesn't smudge because of oily lids or emollient creams/concealers, the way truly waterproof formulas often do. So it's a good everyday formula for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LunaGirl09

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I have naturally straight, long lashes so I have to curl them everyday (because of glasses) and have to make sure I use waterproof mascara so it can hold the curl. The first time I used it, right away my lashes started to uncurl. I've used it several times after that with the same result. I've tried to use this along with another waterproof mascara that does hold my curl to see if it helps, and it does a bit but not so much. I do love that it does not clump the times I have used it but unfortunately it doesn't hold a curl and that is a deal breaker.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by juniebug008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I should probably put a disclaimer out there that I have very long, thin eyelashes that have natural curl to them, so I can't comment on whether or not this mascara holds a curl. I look for two things in a waterproof mascara: The ability to thicken my wimpy lashes and resistance to my watery eyes. I really feel like this mascara is a homerun for me in those two categories. At the end of the workday, my mascara hasn't budged, and I don't notice much flaking either! I have a feeling that this mascara will come in handy for the upcoming summer months! :)