December 18, 2014 | 1806 users online

Treatments (Face) - Caudalie - Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good serum. I bought it twice and sampled before I purchased which I always recommend especially for super sensitive skin. It doesn't irritate me. It actually soothed and calmed my skin down after a particularly bad reaction to LPR Cicaplast. I used it in conjuction with Caudalie's moisturising cream mask which is a great product, to heal my skin. Being very sensitive to perfumed products, I was surprised that the fragrance in this serum didn't cause me any trouble. It does get the hydration level of your skin up within a few days. I typically use it in the morning as I don't like to put on a lot of stuff at night. If you are really dry you may want to put an emollient cream on top, maybe on your dry areas like the cheeks. I sometimes use Allergenics cream for that purpose but once your moisture levels are up, you may not need it. I usually use it on its own. Pressing it on your skin seems to yield better results rather than rubbing it in. It's not cheap but as you need only little it's economical. Caudalie had a recent revamp of their line of products and although I'm not impressed with the change of formulation in some of their products, some good stuff also came out from their renewed line like this serum. Recommended especially for ppl with sensitive, dehydrated skin who dislike heavy products. Pump bottle is a plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by emsyemsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had dry skin forever and am prone to eczema and can develop patches around my eyes if they get watery around hayfever season. I'd try various serums and whilst some like Vichy aqualia thermal were quite good they just never seemed quite hydrating enough for my thirsty skin.When travelling for work in Paris in November in cold weather and my skin getting tighter and more uncomfortable by the day I thought I'd try Caudalie's vinosource range. This serum is amazing my skin has felt normal in a way that I've never experienced before. Even having a cold with a constantly running nose my skin has still not dried out. I can not recommend highly enough for those with sensitive dry skin. Do try with the moisture recovery cream as well for happy moisturised skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

Love love love this product. I have a quite dry skin but sensitive skin. It is so light weight that I didn't know it was doing that much of work at the first week of using it. But I realized that my skin was kind of glowing later and this was the only change in my skin care regime. My skin was more hydrated, no dry patches around my nose or lips but it was not being greasy at all. I don't know what it does, but it hydrates my skin from underneath, kind of feeling - my facial skin feels comfortable!

The smell is divine as well. The packaging is nice too - glass bottle with a pump that gives out perfect amount of product!

Only one con is that it runs out relatively faster than thicker serums cuz I use quite a lot of products - maybe two pumps - at one usage. But it does an awesome job, so I am getting this one again for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had a deluxe sample of this, and once I used it up I had to buy the full size! I have dehydrated skin, and in the winter especially it gets pretty bad. This serum feels light, definitely light enough to wear during the day. It's moisturizing enough that I think in the summer I may not even need a moisturizer on top. For now though, a layer of CeraVe cream locks this in, and my skins stays soft and hydrated all day. It smells nice and light, and it sinks in well. It can feel a teensy but sticky, but only if you use too much. I love the pump bottle as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

Very light as a serum......almost feels like a regular lotion to my skin....doesn't bother my face but i need something more rich.........

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dolceviiita

Where do I begin with this product? I originally was recommended this serum by one of the Sephora's SA because I had problems with sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin. I had random patches of dry skin on my face but an oily T-zone, and she told me that this product would keep my skin well-balanced and all over hydrated, while keeping my oils under control. I didn't believe it so I passed on the product at the time since I was still using another serum. But this time I stumbled across this serum again through one of my favorite youtubers, ohhaiclaire, and after hearing her opinions on the product, I decided to pick one up at my local Sephora (just in time too because I ran out of my usual serum). I have only good thoughts about this serum! It keeps my oils under control but have completely hydrated my skin to the point where I have no dry patches! And this makes my skin feel so baby soft that I always want to reach for it throughout the day. I apply this after my toner and layer the quenching creme from Caudalie's line, and I think this is my new favorite skin care regimen. I have no breakouts from this, and my sensitive skin actually drinks up this serum and loves it so so much. I will definitely repurchase this when I am out.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Edit- I've stopped buying this as a plain Hyaluronic Acid serum has the same effect. Reviva Labs is $10 ish for a 1 oz bottle and far more concentrated, it does the same job. I will admit that it does not feel as nice as the Caudalie when applied, but for what amounts to a $90 difference I'm ok with using the Reviva.

I've been using this in conjunction with the moisturizers and masque in the series for 6 or so months. We'd just moved a few states away, and the skin on my face was so uncomfortable- cystic acne, irritation, dryness, excessive patchy oily spots. I've had oily skin nearly all of my life so this was odd.
I love Caudalie products- they never irritate my skin, so we went Sephora to find something new. I was lucky enough that a Caudalie rep who really knew her stuff was there that day. She said that I had serious surface dehydration and recommended the serum in addition to the moisturizer. I tried the moisturizer alone and with a sample of the serum and I can honestly say- it makes a huge difference! my face is just happy with it. It really improves surface moisture and helps decrease the irritation. I'm on my 4th bottle at the moment, and use it twice daily. When I stop I have problems with my skin. The only complaint I have is that the remainder is difficult to get out of the glass bottle.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No