September 20, 2014 | 1151 users online

Powder - Australis - Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 8:05:00 AM More reviews by pearled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Such a great product! I was 100% sold on MAC's Studio Fix, thinking no other powder could compare and I didn't need to try anything else, but then I found a youtube video comparing the two and saying this was a match. I was curious and thought that if it wasn't any good I was only down $11.40.

I wasn't disappointed by this product at all! It's a shame it doesn't seem to get much attention as I don't think it's available internationally and if someone had to buy it online and pay for shipping it detracts from the really attractive feature it has of being super cheap!

But honestly, if you can get your hands on this powder it's so worth it! I have the lightest of the three shades and I'm a MAC NW/NC15 and this suits me just fine! It looks darker in the pan and I was worried the colour wouldn't be light enough for me but I asked several friends if my make up looked any different/worse because I was trying a new powder and they all said they couldn't notice. Now I'm recommending it to everyone - definitely a great product that can get away with being compared to MAC, and not many products can boast that!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i absolutely LOVE this powder! its really comparable to MAC studio fix powder but so much more affordable. I use this over my liquid foundation to set, mattify and add more coverage. The texture is like butter and applies very easily, it makes my skin feel so smooth and it keeps my skin matte all day long. i really recommend this for anyone looking for a dupe for the studio fix or just needs a good coverage powder, also the brush is actually really good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I picked this up to try after seeing UPMTEEN Aussie beauty youtube guru's go on and on and on about this powder. It's SOOO worth the hype. I have oily skin that's really prone to break outs and if I layer this with my Nude BB cream my skin feels so touchable and soft. Not powdery or cakey.

Very Very very worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 4:36:00 AM More reviews by cmicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The BEST powder I have ever tried - after watching many Youtube reviews, many thought that it was an equivalent to the MAC studio fix (or something or other) powder. I have never tried any MAC products myself but I know others swear by that particular powder so I thought I would give it a go. It applies really nicely to the face and doesn't look cakey, but just gives you a really fresh finish. I apply it to the top of my Garnier BB cream and it works a treat. I have also used it just on its own on my lazy mornings and it still sits really nicely on the skin and still leaves you with a really fresh look.

The only downside I can think of is the limited colour range - as far as I know there are only 3 colours to choose from and I'm lucky I can fall pretty easily into the lightest shade but it might still be a tad too dark for my skin so I would love if they expanded the shade range to suit more skin tones, and if I found one just slightly lighter then that would be fantastic, but I can confidently say it's definitely a holy grail for me! Price of $12.95 (AUD) isn't really a problem for me as it lasts a fair while in my case.

Comes with a cute little mirror and a foundation pad underneath the product so you can take it on the go with you and touch up whenever you need it - in saying that though, I've never bothered to take mine with me because I've never needed to touch up during the day! Can't say enough good things about this powder, love it so much. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sarahkate111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This here is my favourite pressed powder of all time. I've been through four already and I'm not even interested in trying the MAC version since I'm so in love.

Over here in Australia it is very hard to find good products for low prices but for $11.40 it is an absolute steal! It keeps my oily t-zone matte and helps with the longevity of my foundation. A bonus is that it adds that final bit of coverage that is needed to hold your perfected face together.

If you find yourself going a bit overboard with the powder, simply use the Australis Makeup Setting Spray to get rid of the powdery-ness, keep that makeup on and refresh your skin.

Basically, I love this powder and will never ever stop using it. EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by daniibaby

I love this powder. It keeps my oily skin matte and the only time I need to retouch is towards the end of the day. It's fine Milled and soft to touch. I cannot say enough about this powder. It's extremely cheap for austrlian prices only 11 dollars. It last a while and just great quality

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice product. Has a very smooth and buttery texture and applies very nicely, doesn't cake up. I keep it in my bag to use for touch-ups when I'm out and about, the included makeup sponge is handy for that. Other than that I sometimes wear it on its own over primer on days when I'm feeling lazy, but normally that would not give enough coverage for me as my usual foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear. Haven't tried it to set my liquid foundation yet, but based on the previous review, I think I will try that next. I paid $8.95 for this (on sale) but even the normal price of around $11.95 is very fair given the quality. I haven't tried MAC Studio Fix powder but this is supposedly a dupe for it. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Kaylzann

Love this powder and only $11! It gives great coverage and gives me a matte finish, I used it to set my Estée Lauder double wear foundation and it looked flawless. I have the lightest shade and it matches well to my fair skin tone. When I went to buy this powder it was the last one on the shelf so I'm guessing its very popular!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by linna0306

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this powder works and feels exactly like my MAC powder, except it is like soooo much cheaper, The only downside to the powder is that it doesn't come in many shades, I got the lightest one and its still a bit dark for my liking, but I'm really fussy anyway, apart from that, everything is fine, I did not break out or anything. Thumbs up to Australis!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by ZeeCloud

With the help of FemmeBeautyxo on youtube, I was really curious to see what this powder was really capable of since it was compared to the MAC pressed powders. I purchased this product in the shade Deep Natural, which ironically I find ideal for my very fair complexion, and immediately fell in love with it. This product hardly cakes up at all and has such a beautiful coverage. In fact, I use this as a concealer for my super dark under-eye circles and it really minimizes the darkness' from them. The finish is a very natural but polished look. I have acne scarring from previous breakouts and I find that this product really reduces the redness and the covers the left-over blemish. The packaging is also so neat, with a handy mirror it's ideal for on-the-go days and comes with a second compartment which includes a round sponge. I love this product and will definitely purchase again for $12.00. I'm almost out of this awesome stuff!