November 23, 2014 | 1086 users online

BB Cream - Olay - Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased Covergirls Olay Tone Rehab and really liked it. So when I saw this product, i though... "OH! Another product that looks like Tone Rehab! It has the same swirls, same sort of product, but oh look! It's a 7 in 1 product. This must be better."

I was so excited when I purchased it, only to be completely dissapointed with the product.

Pros: None.

Cons:
-Like a moisturizer. Alot more lotion like than Tone Rehab.
-No color payoff. It was almost as if the color just wiped away with the applicator. Keep in mind, I like a light coverage, but this was almost non-existent.
-face stung a little and became a little red.

I have not used Olay total effects line before, so it may be just my skins incompatibility with Olay total effects. Not sure. But to be honest, if you are looking for a bit of color, you will not be getting it.

Good for: Maybe people who have had success with total effects product line that wants to wear it with a bit of tint.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

I had a 10$ coupon from Ulta for my bday and combined with a sale snagged this for $9.50 :) The packaging totally rocks. As for the formula it is much lighter and more moisturizing than other BB creams I have tried that have more of a 'foundation' coverage and do not require extra concealer. I do need to use a concealer with Olay's CC cream, but conversely I don't need an extra layer of moisturizer underneath. It is a little bit too glowy for my taste so I finish off with a little Revlon Photo Finish powder. I do wish it had a little more coverage so I took off one lippy in my rating.
I am impressed with the lightweight feel of this cream considering it has a SPF 15 rating. I will update my review if necessary once I finish my bottle.
Also, another review mentioned stinging. This product has a hefty dose of niacinamide in it, which is great for anti-aging but your skin may need to get used to it.

Update: with continued use I found this cream's shade oxidized to a strange peach hue as the day wore on. I ended up giving the bottle to my mother for her to try. It is too bad :-(

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by lulu3061

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I want to like this, I really do. I don't wear/need a full foundation but like a little something especially in the fall when the summer "glow" starts to fade. This oxidizes in my T-zone, terribly. I looked orange around my nose by the time I got home and I was oily looking which I never have trouble with. The combination of the two is too much to look past so it's going back to the store where I'll probably pick up my standard Revlon photo finish to mix with my moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

I purchased this in "Fair-Light" (I am cover girl "classic ivory" and bare minerals "fairly light"), and I like it a lot. It is very lightweight and adds just a sheer wash of color. The color matches nicely. It does not cause any irritation and does not make me too oily or too dry. Makes my skin feel soft and look even. 5 stars!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by pscalzi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw an ad in this month' Lucky Magazine and raced out to the drugstore to buy... I have been researching and trying a bunch of BB Creams, so how can you go wrong with a one-step-further "CC" Cream?

This product is so alluring - good packaging, a pump dispenser, ribbons of cream, serum and "touch of color" and SPF 15. I have never used any other foundation/tinted moisturizer by Olay, so this is a brand new experience.

My routine: I use a ROC UVA/UVB moisturizer first, as SPF alone does not cover UVB rays and I am a sunscreen freak. I put this on second, and it does even out skin, tone, although the coverage is very light. I use a concealer under my eyes and I am pretty good to go if I don't want to do a lot of makeup that day. I did notice that there is a slight burning sensation, so I'm not sure if this is one of the effects of the anti-aging. The first time I put it on, I did it all by itself and got an even stronger burning feeling, however, it dissipated pretty quickly. Also, by the end of the day I feel like my skin looks a little tired, but I can't attribute this completely to the product alone. I am going to use it for a few more weeks and check back to see if anyone else has had the same burning sensation as I did.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No