Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting "CC" Cream

2.4

active ingredients purpose avobenzone 2%..........................................sunscreen octisalate 3%..............................................sunscreen octocrylene 3%...........................................sunscreen inactive ingredients water, glycerin, titanium dioxide, niacinamide, acetyl glucosamine, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, panthenol, tocopheryl acetate, dimethicone, dimethiconol, triethanolamine, benzyl alcohol, carbomer, behenyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, cetearyl glucoside, stearyl alcohol, laureth-7, cetyl alcohol, peg-100 stearate, methylparaben, cetearyl alcohol, propylparaben, ethylparaben, peg-4 laurate, peg-4 dilaurate, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, peg-4, ammonium polyacrylate, polyacrylamide, iron oxides

on 1/6/2013 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm 26 and have combination, acne-prone skin that LOVES to get dry, flaky areas in the winter and tends to get greasy in the T-zone during the day. I also have acne marks on my cheeks that have faded, but are still definitely visible.
When I read the benefits Olay's CC cream promised (including fading dark marks), I was excited but skeptical. Would it REALLY be that moisturizing? (Most BB creams I've tried don't provide enough) Would the coverage REALLY be that great? The answer to both is YES.

Not only does the CC cream add just enough coverage to even out my skin tone, it also moisturizes without being greasy, provides SPF, AND as a bonus, it's worked magic on my dry patches AND kept my face from feeling oily mid-day.

Even after just a few weeks of use, I've noticed my skin tone evening out, and I love that there's bonus anti-aging benefits. (Never too early to start, right?)
In terms of lightening my acne scars, I haven't seen much improvement, but considering it's lived up to all its other claims, I already know this will be a re-buy!

I have been using this for about 2 months and i loove it. I have tried many other moisturizers but i wanted to try something with many benefits in one. I loved that this has a slight coverage (nothing crazy but just a very light splash of color to even any redness), moisturizing and SPF all in one step. I have had very oily skin and have had acne forever and i am constantly switching products to find a good routine to control it. This is def in my line right now that has def improved my skin. I wash my face in the morning with UltraGlow black soap (wally world for $2) apply this all over my face and let it dry a bit for a min or two. Then I apply my primer and foundation and makeup as usual. Everynight i wash with black soap and exfoliate with Clinique scrub. This moisturizer def gives my skin what it needs to prepare it for my makeup routine. Love this stuff. Worth trying out!

on 11/25/2012 7:46:00 PM

***EDIT*** I have decided to stop using this for a while. Since I started, my skin has gotten MUCH drier, which accentuates fine lines and just makes me look awful. To be fair, I started using a new powder around the same time, so I'm doing the elimination method and seeing which one is causing this to happen. I mean, my face is uncomfortable 24-7. It feels dry and itchy no matter what I do. I've even resorted to putting baby oil on my face, something that I always found disgusting. If this is what's causing it, I will be so disappointed. Also, I haven't noticed any of the other benefits claimed on the box/bottle. Lame :(

***UPDATE: 12/18/2012*** Well, it looks like I have found the culprit...I cannot use this product. I don't know if it's the niacinimide (sp?), or some other ingredient, but I definitely have a sensitivity to whatever it is. This product was counterproductive to its purpose and I will be getting rid of this product. I didn't use it today, and my skin is MUCH calmer than it has been. This product just overly-sensitized my skin and I'm not willing to wait it out anymore to see if my skin adjusts to it. It's just not worth it to me. I've had to layer avocado oil and Sweet Bee Magic on my face twice a day, along with my Sea Plasma spray, just in hopes of keeping my skin from drying out even MORE...normalizing it wasn't going to happen no matter what I did :( Sadly, this is a miss. I'm not surprised, most drugstore products don't work well for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased Covergirls Olay Tone Rehab and really liked it. So when I saw this product, i though... "OH! Another product that looks like Tone Rehab! It has the same swirls, same sort of product, but oh look! It's a 7 in 1 product. This must be better."

I was so excited when I purchased it, only to be completely dissapointed with the product.

Pros: None.

Cons:
-Like a moisturizer. Alot more lotion like than Tone Rehab.
-No color payoff. It was almost as if the color just wiped away with the applicator. Keep in mind, I like a light coverage, but this was almost non-existent.
-face stung a little and became a little red.

I have not used Olay total effects line before, so it may be just my skins incompatibility with Olay total effects. Not sure. But to be honest, if you are looking for a bit of color, you will not be getting it.

Good for: Maybe people who have had success with total effects product line that wants to wear it with a bit of tint.

on 11/12/2012 3:39:00 PM

I had a 10$ coupon from Ulta for my bday and combined with a sale snagged this for $9.50 :) The packaging totally rocks. As for the formula it is much lighter and more moisturizing than other BB creams I have tried that have more of a 'foundation' coverage and do not require extra concealer. I do need to use a concealer with Olay's CC cream, but conversely I don't need an extra layer of moisturizer underneath. It is a little bit too glowy for my taste so I finish off with a little Revlon Photo Finish powder. I do wish it had a little more coverage so I took off one lippy in my rating.
I am impressed with the lightweight feel of this cream considering it has a SPF 15 rating. I will update my review if necessary once I finish my bottle.
Also, another review mentioned stinging. This product has a hefty dose of niacinamide in it, which is great for anti-aging but your skin may need to get used to it.

Update: with continued use I found this cream's shade oxidized to a strange peach hue as the day wore on. I ended up giving the bottle to my mother for her to try. It is too bad :-(

on 11/12/2012 10:18:00 AM

I want to like this, I really do. I don't wear/need a full foundation but like a little something especially in the fall when the summer "glow" starts to fade. This oxidizes in my T-zone, terribly. I looked orange around my nose by the time I got home and I was oily looking which I never have trouble with. The combination of the two is too much to look past so it's going back to the store where I'll probably pick up my standard Revlon photo finish to mix with my moisturizer.

on 11/5/2012 12:09:00 AM

I purchased this in "Fair-Light" (I am cover girl "classic ivory" and bare minerals "fairly light"), and I like it a lot. It is very lightweight and adds just a sheer wash of color. The color matches nicely. It does not cause any irritation and does not make me too oily or too dry. Makes my skin feel soft and look even. 5 stars!

on 11/3/2012 4:16:00 PM

Saw an ad in this month' Lucky Magazine and raced out to the drugstore to buy... I have been researching and trying a bunch of BB Creams, so how can you go wrong with a one-step-further "CC" Cream?

This product is so alluring - good packaging, a pump dispenser, ribbons of cream, serum and "touch of color" and SPF 15. I have never used any other foundation/tinted moisturizer by Olay, so this is a brand new experience.

My routine: I use a ROC UVA/UVB moisturizer first, as SPF alone does not cover UVB rays and I am a sunscreen freak. I put this on second, and it does even out skin, tone, although the coverage is very light. I use a concealer under my eyes and I am pretty good to go if I don't want to do a lot of makeup that day. I did notice that there is a slight burning sensation, so I'm not sure if this is one of the effects of the anti-aging. The first time I put it on, I did it all by itself and got an even stronger burning feeling, however, it dissipated pretty quickly. Also, by the end of the day I feel like my skin looks a little tired, but I can't attribute this completely to the product alone. I am going to use it for a few more weeks and check back to see if anyone else has had the same burning sensation as I did.