October 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Let the Good Times Roll

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yay, I just found this back at Lush' website! This is probably my favourite facial scrub - it has that perfect balance between having enough scrubbing action to feel that it's doing its job, without being too harsh on your skin. It's also very moisturizing, not drying in the least. And the sweet caramel scent is to die for! It's also not terribly expensive, as you only need to use a little and it lasts longer than you'd expect.
The ingredient list is short and natural: Maize Flour, Glycerine, Talc, Water, Corn Oil, Polenta, Cinnamon Powder, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Popcorn. Yes, it has popcorn in it. Gotta love Lush for their crazy randomness!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Lush recently brought this back due to popular demand.

First of all, the scent is what lured me in. I normally don't like skincare products that smell like food but this caramel/vanilla/butterscotch goodness was irresistable. I seriously want to eat it.

What I like about this the most is that is has scrubbing properties, but not too concentrated and harsh so it's still good for everyday. I wanted something a little less harsh than Dark Angels but strong enough to slough off the makeup and oil on my face (and no, Dear Lush Sales Associates, I am NOT interested in Ultrabland. Quit upselling it to me).

One star off simply because I feel like this doesn't help oily skin as much as the Dark Angels. Plus I hate how messy Lush's cleansers are, despite that I love their deli-style size choices. They need to come up with a better, more hygenic system of storing these cool cleansers.

This is a good overall cleanser for most skin types. It won't remove makeup in one wash, so you should wipe your makeup off with something else first and then cleanse with this.

EDIT 10/7/13: Never mind. I got too excited with that sample. Bought a jar, used it, and realized it does indeed leave this residue. Looked at the ingredients and saw that it contains corn oil, which is probably why there is a residue. I guess if you are into the oil cleansing method, this might be an interesting product for you. But I am not and I know my face cannot handle any oil touching it, so this is a no-no product for me. Sad, because it smells so good. But oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Amazing. It's the only facial cleanser that has given me that true clean feeling. And the smell, well lets just say I wouldn't mind rolling around in a big pile of it. It's been discontinued, boo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhiteGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser! I bought it at first because it smelled AMAZING and the SA used a little on my hand and when washed off the skin looked so much nicer then the other hand.
After using this for a month with my lush toner and moisturiser my skin was flawless!! I haven't found a lush cleanser that is perfect for me till this one, most are either drying or oily and this sits in the middle.
I'm so upset it was a limited time product, I wish I bought 10 and put them in the freezer, I'll do that next christmas lol.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a mild exfoliator after washing my makeup off during work days then tone with exfoliating pads. It smells SOOO good, this was actually a product that makes me go back to lush and try the other stuff... it is pricey, feels just like Dr. Hauschka's cleansing cream but cheaper and smells better. I never stuck to the Dr. Hauschka cream because it might have been causing my breakouts. I tried this for a week and it is a nice addition to when i need a mild exfoliator. I love the moisture it leaves behind which makes my skin feel more balanced. I would have to buy a couple and stick them in the fridge, which was suggested by the Lush SA.

EDIT: this has given me a bit of congestion to my pores after a while. I love the concept of all natural but i have to stick to dermatology researched products (such as glycolic acid, retinol, etc.) which my skin responds to more. Wont be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by 1432

Best smelling cleanser ever! It smells like caramel popcorn! This product exfoliates well and adds a nice amount of moisture. This lasts long too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the best lush cleansers! Firstly it smells amazing! Like sweet cinnamon mixed with caramel. It is more solid too, which is much better, rather than cleansers like angels on bare skin which are in little bits and make a huge mess! I leave it on for a few minutes then wash off with a cloth, usually double cleanse too. It is kind of an exfoliator as well as a cleanser which is cool. It leaves the skin suuuuper soft and looking bright, doesn't break me out either which is good ( I have spot prone skin ) I think it would be okay on most skin types really. The only problems I have are that it doesn't seem to last me very long, however I do use it a lot. Also I couldn't find it in my local lush so I asked and they said it is only avaliable online, looked on the uk lush site and its gone! ): sooo upset! Please bring it back as a permanant product lush!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells amazing, exfoliates really well, and is very moisturizing/not at all drying. But after using it once, I awoke the next morning to a horrible breakout, pimples all over my face. :( I wish I didn't because it is a lovely product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by emilys93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lovely product. Smells amazing, like buttery caramel popcorn or cake. The ground cinnamon gently exfoliates. Made with mostly natural ingredients so it's gentle. Gave it 4 stars overall because it did not do anything totally amazing to my skin, but still it cleaned my face, made it smell good and did not irritate it or make my skin any worse.

Gave it a 5 star for packaging because the pots are 100% recycled, and once you've got 5 empty pots from any Lush product you can bring them back to the store to be recycled and you'll be given a free full-size fresh face mask.

Something to bear in mind is that it's labelled wrongly- not actually a cleanser (makeup remover), more of a facial wash/gentle scrub. It is expensive, but I'd still buy it again as a treat if it were available anymore which I don't believe it is.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by paneradfisk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lush describes this as an exfoliator, yet it is still in the cleanser category. This can easily confuse people. People will try to use an exfoliator as a makeup remover and that will obviously lead to disappointment.

This doesn't remove makeup properly, but I'm not sure it's meant to. Lush's description is misleading and confusing. This is too harsh to use as a daily cleanser, even if they say it's gentle. It's way too scrubby and gritty for my taste. This also leaves a weird film after use, so I have to use an additional cleanser after. This doesn't mix with water properly, it stays gritty and harsh but more liquidy.

I love the smell though. Smells like cookie dough, like Oatifix.