October 31, 2014 | 982 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Videotapeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great foundation. It looks like skin, easy to apply, and corrects redness well. I have dry and sensitive skin, and also extremely fair (nars siberia fair) the shade #2 works very well for me. It has yellow undertones. If I have dry patches it will stick to them, so I exfoliate before hand with a chemical exfoliator or Cure Natural Aqua gel. I set it with the smallest amount of powder and it lasts all day. I will repurchase this again, but i might try another Armani formula first that is dewier.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by bgfp9898

I have been using Maestro (#4) for nearly a year now. Instead of using tinted moisturizer or bb cream on those days I just want casual makeup done, Maestro is now my only go-to. It doesn't have full coverage but glides on smoothly and is buildable. I use Lasting Silk for work and compare to that, Maestro feels lighter and more silkier. The only complain I have is the packaging of the bottle. I once traveled with it on a long haul flight and decided not to keep it with me in the carryon. When i got to the destination, was surprised to see that the top of the rubber dropper was split in half and the foundation drenched the ziplock bag. Overall, one of my favorite foundations of all time! Works real well in humid and hot weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG for me. Thin consistency but a medium coverage, means it is great for layering. Lasts well on my very oily T zone and has not broken me out and I have been using for over six months. Very expensive but lasts a long time and is so much better than other foundations I have tried (all, basically) I do not mind. I pay a bit extra as I live in Australia so I think the price you pay in Europe or US is fair. My skin an average fair tone so I had no problem finding my colour (3.5) but I don't know if they cater for very dark or pale skins.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the last year my skin went through some crazy (probably hormonally induced) changes and as a result, I was literally swapping foundations monthly... My staple used to be Bobbi Brown, NARS, YSL, Chanel, MAC, but they just weren't cutting it for me anymore. My skin would be ok for a while, then I would either get allergies and dry skin, or super-clogged pores, or the whole thing would just slide off my face within hours. A year ago when I tried Maestro, I thought - nothing special.

Well, that changed and I am not sure if it has to do with my skin, or just the fact that this time around, I tried it properly.

Key facts:
1) Yes - if your skin is dry, it will accentuate the dryness. Good news, if you let it settle for 10-15 minutes, it will be less noticeable, but I agree that this is best for someone with normal to combo skin (too oily skin might have an issue with silicones)
2) It CAN be layered. You just have to wait for the first layer to dry, before reapplying.
3) It is a "fussy" foundation initially, but over time if you figure how to "work" it, you will be applying it without any issues (BTW, finger is the best method, but you can softly buff afterwards if you like)
4) If it does work for your skin type, the finish is AMAZING. It is truly the only foundation that is undetectable, no matter how much you put on, but your face is enhanced.
5) Colour range is very forgiving. I use 4.5 as I love my foundations yellow, but I could've easily gone with a peachier 4 or even 5. It does blend well with your skin tone providing you are not off by several shades.

On me, it does last a long time, and I don't use primers. But, what I found to work exceptionally well under this is Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm. It hydrates the skin enough for the flakies not to show and it also prolongs the life of the foundation. Even in the humid summer and my face getting oily, I get a decent wear out of this one.

Is it my HG? Close. Not yet as I agree in order for the foundation to be HG it would have to be error-proof (which this isn't at least not right off the bat), but as this point it's fairly close. I do know that once you start using this one (providing it starts working for you) it will be very difficult to move back to "standard" foundations. If I try to put something else on now, it just looks so artificial and made up, no matter how light it is.

Note that there may not be a light enough version for some folks in this one, especialluy if you are on the yellow spectrum of the shaded. 4.5 is the lightest and it suits me (NC 25), but if you are lighter than that and yellow, you may have a difficulty finding the perfect shade.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by taoanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT.

it seems you put oil on the face but it dryes in a istant. Ingredients are not soo healthy for the skin and I really hope they can come up with a more natural product or using better solutions in the future since they are products we put on our face and still they are soooo expensive.

It gives you a total natural look and it seems you don't wear make up cause it melts with your skin so naturally.

I am fair and I got the number 5, perfect match. There are sooo many colors, also for women with dark skin.

You just need few drops and you are ready! I heard you tube reviews complain set in the pore making look bigger, honestly I haven't notice that, at least not more than other fundations.

I don't think they can come up with a better packaging because of the nature of the product, it's too liquid to put in a pump. No allergies or reaction so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

I opted to buy this having read such great reviews, but have also seen that it does not work well for dry skin, which I have in the Winter, so I didn't start using it until the weather warmed around May.

So far, I have enjoyed the product very much. It provides a sheer coverage, yet, when you wait a few minutes for it to set, it does give you a special glow and it seems to cover more than it did when I first applied.

PROS:
- It feels feather light on the skin
- Adheres to well-moisturized skin and on my good skin days, it gives me a flawless look
- I like that it's matte on my skin
- Dropper packaging ensures no cross contamination
- Even though the colour is a little off from my skin, I do believe it colour-corrects so it matches, and I do not see a difference from my natural skin colour
- Very easy to apply

CONS:
- On days where my skin is reacting to the weather and feels dry, it doesn't adhere very well to the skin and can highlight dry patches
- The website says to use 3 drops, I see other reviewers use 2 drops, I'm using about 5 - 6 drops, and I think that is still a sheer coverage

OVERALL:

I think it is a great product. It is more expensive, but for the quality of the results, I am happy to pay a bit more for something I apply daily to my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

I have worn this makeup for 10 days straight... Best merger of oil and color and i dont sweat it off in the Texas Houston swamp heat. Packaging is different, but after you use the eye dropper to just get the small amount you need, it works well. This makeup slides on with a great thin coverage. I dont use powder and it serves as my eye shadow base as well... High holy grail foundation so far for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product regularly for the past six months and I would not purchase this foundation again despite its good qualities.
The good:
Consistency - it is very runny and you don't need very much to cover your face, the thinness of this won't settle into fine lines and I can actually apply it under my eyes
Natural - as long as you don't go overboard, this can look undetectable
Longevity - after a 13 hour shift, it's still mostly in place
Color Match - all GA products in shade #2 are a perfect match for me, this is no exception
Noncomedogenic - It doesn't take much to break me out, and this has never offended my skin
The bad:
Dry skin - this will adhere to any dry patches or skin flakies that you didn't know you had and exacerbate areas of dryness
Coverage - light/medium coverage. This comes down to personal preference I know, but I prefer a slightly fuller coverage foundation
The price - $62 is pretty spendy for it not to be perfect

Now reading that, you'll notice I have more good to say about the product than bad but adhering to dry skin is a big deal breaker for me. GA Lasting Silk continues to be my HG foundation - I prefer the coverage, finish and the fact it doesn't exacerbate any dryness. It looks better longer and LS is the only foundation that can make my skin look almost flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sashaprincip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always try a new foundation when my current one runs out & this one is all the rage at the moment so I decided to give it a try. Packaging is great, I think. Sleek and the droplet is very precise so you don't really waste any product ever! The foundation itself is VERY light and sheer. Not ideal for a girl with breakouts (me) but it'll do. It also is NOT a buildable foundation really, so you can't exactly build up coverage. The lady who sold it to me told me that this is a foundation that is better to be applied with by hand but I found it to be quite the opposite. I had difficulty getting it all over my face with my hands and really blending it into my skin. Using a makeup brush allows you to apply more product & much more evenly. The product leaves your skin feeling IMPECCABLY smooth and silky and leave a soft matte quite natural finish. I put it on and tell my boyfriend I am not wearing face makeup and he completely believes me. It gives you the best possible version of your skin. If you are looking for a foundation with light coverage, definitely give this a try

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a total champ!. Despite perspiring and wiping droplet of sweat off my face during my entire journey to work. (i thought i will look like hell after i reached office.). My makeup DID NOT MELT, it stayed exactly the same. It withstand the rideculous hot and humid weather of Singapore in the month of June.

initailly I was not impressed after I first bought, but i persisted and kept trying applying with different moisturiser, sunblock and primer. Finally, I found my best application method.

After cleansed and toned, I use LRP Hydraphase light fluid moisturiser, followed by Nuxe Brightening Prgm Daily UV Protection and Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a primer. Using fingers and spreaded out from centre of my face. I did a second layer only on areas that needs slight more coverage Lightly dust off with Chanel loose powder and Skindinavia MU spray.