April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

I have worn this makeup for 10 days straight... Best merger of oil and color and i dont sweat it off in the Texas Houston swamp heat. Packaging is different, but after you use the eye dropper to just get the small amount you need, it works well. This makeup slides on with a great thin coverage. I dont use powder and it serves as my eye shadow base as well... High holy grail foundation so far for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ABB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product regularly for the past six months and I would not purchase this foundation again despite its good qualities.
The good:
Consistency - it is very runny and you don't need very much to cover your face, the thinness of this won't settle into fine lines and I can actually apply it under my eyes
Natural - as long as you don't go overboard, this can look undetectable
Longevity - after a 13 hour shift, it's still mostly in place
Color Match - all GA products in shade #2 are a perfect match for me, this is no exception
Noncomedogenic - It doesn't take much to break me out, and this has never offended my skin
The bad:
Dry skin - this will adhere to any dry patches or skin flakies that you didn't know you had and exacerbate areas of dryness
Coverage - light/medium coverage. This comes down to personal preference I know, but I prefer a slightly fuller coverage foundation
The price - $62 is pretty spendy for it not to be perfect

Now reading that, you'll notice I have more good to say about the product than bad but adhering to dry skin is a big deal breaker for me. GA Lasting Silk continues to be my HG foundation - I prefer the coverage, finish and the fact it doesn't exacerbate any dryness. It looks better longer and LS is the only foundation that can make my skin look almost flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by sashaprincip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always try a new foundation when my current one runs out & this one is all the rage at the moment so I decided to give it a try. Packaging is great, I think. Sleek and the droplet is very precise so you don't really waste any product ever! The foundation itself is VERY light and sheer. Not ideal for a girl with breakouts (me) but it'll do. It also is NOT a buildable foundation really, so you can't exactly build up coverage. The lady who sold it to me told me that this is a foundation that is better to be applied with by hand but I found it to be quite the opposite. I had difficulty getting it all over my face with my hands and really blending it into my skin. Using a makeup brush allows you to apply more product & much more evenly. The product leaves your skin feeling IMPECCABLY smooth and silky and leave a soft matte quite natural finish. I put it on and tell my boyfriend I am not wearing face makeup and he completely believes me. It gives you the best possible version of your skin. If you are looking for a foundation with light coverage, definitely give this a try

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a total champ!. Despite perspiring and wiping droplet of sweat off my face during my entire journey to work. (i thought i will look like hell after i reached office.). My makeup DID NOT MELT, it stayed exactly the same. It withstand the rideculous hot and humid weather of Singapore in the month of June.

initailly I was not impressed after I first bought, but i persisted and kept trying applying with different moisturiser, sunblock and primer. Finally, I found my best application method.

After cleansed and toned, I use LRP Hydraphase light fluid moisturiser, followed by Nuxe Brightening Prgm Daily UV Protection and Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a primer. Using fingers and spreaded out from centre of my face. I did a second layer only on areas that needs slight more coverage Lightly dust off with Chanel loose powder and Skindinavia MU spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Neen2131

this is the best foundation i have ever used. i am very picky about foundations, having tried lancome, nars, bobbi brown, clinique and mac and this is by far the best i have tried. mainly because it has dramatically improved the condition of my skin- i used to get a couple of spots every week - since using this, i have had had no spots (3 months now) not even hormonal ones. a couple of nights i have gone to bed without taking it off (bad, i know) but actually i have woken up with much better looking skin than usual -not a good habit but nice to see it is actually good for skin.

it is very sheer, so not ideal if you want full coverage. however, it feels amazing on my skin and the colour match is perfect. it is much lighter in texture than any other foundation i have tried so it is very easy to apply and feels like you are not wearing any foundation at all. you can layer it to get a stronger coverage, but i have found that you need to wait a bit (at least 10 mins) in between layers to really build it.
it is also very long lasting - really does stay on all day. you don't need to use very much, a little drop goes a long way, so its not as expensive as it first seems. i have found that it actually works better without a primer and when applied with fingers, so this more another expense spared.
the little dropper bottle is also great, it means that you can dispense a little at a time and you don't have to touch the dropper therefore avoiding any bacteria getting onto it from fingers.
i am so glad i have found this, it is a real game changer for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by TSST

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I use this foundation daily. It provides buildable coverage that looks natural. I use 4.5 for my fair, pinkish tone skin. One bottle lasts 7 months. I use 2 drops and apply with my fingers. The foundation spreads easily and doesn't set too quickly. There is a faint sunblock smell but fades once the makeup sets. I will continue to purchase.
I moved to this foundation after Laura Mercier reformulated the oil-free foundation and glad I did. No looking back.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by KellyNC

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish there was a maybe button because I'm not sure I would buy this again. The texture is super smooth and it doesn't take much work to blend. I'd rather have a pump than a dropper. I have normal to dry skin and initially it feels wonderful and moisturizing. Later in the day it shows up flakes a little. I would probably default to the Face Fabric instead because I tend to prefer LM TM or Becca LSC.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by haleydrk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was undecided whether to give this three or four lippies. I DO like this foundations but it is not the holy grail that people claim it it.

Pros: I love the texture, the feel and the way it blends. It is by far the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried. Even at 46 years old I still tend to break out occasionally. I was hesitant to try an oil based foundation but this did not make me break out at all. The color is perfection.

Cons: if I am a little dry and flakey, the foundation emphasizes the dryness. I thought that was pretty strange for an oil based foundation. I evaluate my skin every morning, and if I have some dry spots, I will not use Maestro. The biggest downside is the packaging. I took it with me on vacation, and the air pressure on the plane caused the dropper to pop open. It got all over the rest of my makeup. I returned it and got a new one, but once again the dropper came off (Not on a plane this time) and spilled all over. Some of it got in my sink and it was near impossible to wash away with just soap and water which makes me wonder if it is really washing off my face!!!

So, like every other foundation I have mixed feelings but will continue to use Maestro until something better comes along.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Lexus of liquid makeups. Smells a lot like alcohol but doesn['t seem to dry out my skin (which is very dry). The color is great, coverage is great..... and you can make it heavier or lighter. Lasts all day with a minor fix for oiliness midday.... (not serious, just a little). Love this makeup, after having used powder mineral stuff for years.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by fparekh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard rave reviews about this from my best friend. She insisted I had to go out and get it. When I tried this foundation at the store - it came on beautifully. Very light and applied smooth as ever. The makeup artist didn't set it with any powder and just told me to walk around for a bit with it on. I didn't buy it immediately as I was hesitant about the hefty price. Nonetheless, throughout the day - I could see it starting to look better and really feeling second skin... My mom even asked me what I had done as my skin was looking radiant. So I promptly went the next day and purchased it.

The first few times that I used it - I noticed at the end of the day I was getting very small pimple-like bumps. I was distraught. I put it away.

However, a week later a make-up artist friend told me to try it a few times in a few different ways and let my skin get used to the product.

I believe the silicone base was just something my skin was not familiar with.

Sure enough, I started using a primer (even though the MU at the GA counter said a primer wasn't required) - and set the powder with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or INGLOT AMC Powder and now I have no breakouts. It is a great foundation that I highly recommend. Its light-ness and buildability are what is great. I have very good skin and need minimal coverage - however on the days that I want to deck out - this provides me the ability to have that "party-ready" face.

Also - even though the MU suggested that I use my fingers to apply this foundation I prefer a #45 brush from Sephora or Real Techniques Expert Face Blush. It just gives the face a better finish.

Give this a chance!