April 20, 2014 | 933 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Studio HD Blushes (all)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by kmciolli

Ok, so I really wanted to like and wear this product but no matter how I have tried, it is STILL too brightly pigmented for me to wear it. :/

I bought this in "Diva" which is a hot pink. Now when I say hot pink I mean HOT pink. I mean the brightest pink you can possibly imagine!!

The packaging is great; I love the pump and it is a decent size considering the cheap price. But as soon as I tried this I knew it was way too bright and pigmented. I put the tiniest, tiniest amount and blended it on my face and all I had was a gigantic neon pink smudge. :( I have tried mixing it with a little foundation, still it was too bright. Again, like other E.L.F. products I have tried that were failures, this may look waaaay better on someone with a much darker skin tone than me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by beauty813

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this blush very pigmented...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I haven't tried the Makeup Forever HD blushes to compare and I probably never will since these ELF HD blushes are so fabulous and only $3.

I love the pump packaging. It dispenses a tiny bit at a time, which is all you need since this blush is so super pigmented, and it's hygienic. Be careful if you plan on pumping it out onto your hand before applying it. I did this the first time I used it and this blush would not come off my hand. It took hours and many handwashes to get it off. This is a testament to how long lasting it is. I needed an oil-based makeup remover to get it off my face!

The color I bought is Encore, which is a super bright raspberry color. I am NC20 and I only needed a tiny drop on each cheek, which I blended out with my fingers and then used a dense flat-top kabuki to blend some more. The result was a natural looking flush. This shade isn't shimmery, but it's not completely matte either. It gives a nice glow. You can also use a lip brush and apply it as a lip color, which looks great.

Overall, I think this is a great product at an unbelievable price. I can't wait to try more shades.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am quite surprised the review below me said this is sheer... don't know what they were looking at but mine are in NO way sheer. In fact they are very very pigmented! Almost like paint, but not thick, sticky or hard to blend. I have Headliner and Superstar, both pinks, one is more peachy and one is more of a light mauve pink. The rest are all too dark or the wrong shades for my skintone but these two are lovely, and will probably last me a hundred years as a little dab will do ya. One pump is almost too much, so I pump on the back of my hand, dot on my cheekbones with the tips of my fingers then blend with a stipple brush. Works well over bare skin, moisturizer, primer, foundation, any combo of these and even over my finishing powder without caking, which is a huge bonus for me as I like to layer and sometimes reapply later in the day. This however, has not faded much if at all and thus far, I haven't had to touch up much. The colors meld right into the skin after blending and while they don't have any glow or shimmer, it is a lovely soft blush that looks natural, if you don't overdo it which I can easily see happening with how pigmented these babies are. Dirt cheap, and killed my lemming for the MUFE HD blush in the same style, as I see no need to shell out more for that if this works as well as it does. Eventually it might be nice to see some shimmer shades, but even if not, I'm a happy camper with this so call it a win for ELF. They are often hit or miss for me; these are clearly in the "hit" category. I bet you could even blend these with a liquid or cream illuminator to make a shimmery shade, or to sheer it out if they're too much as-is. I have not tried these on lips yet, thinking they'd be drying, but I might one of these days just out of curiosity. (and again, I bet you could blend with a clear balm or even Vaseline to make a tinted balm.)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Cgibbons

i dont seem to get on with this product! i just got it today in the shade of 'headliner' i heard it was more of a shimmery pink-quite sheer.
Not a flattering blush at all, it had a tinge or orangness on my skin as if it was a bronzer?? So strange, my stiplling brush was brand new so no product was on it.

It didn't last all day like it said and i also found my self building it up like 3 layers to get a bit of colour!! Maybe i got a dud one haha!?

wont be buying this again and definatley wont use it again!
Price is awesome as are all elf products but i would be pretty annoyed if i spent anymore on such a lame product!

xo

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by karabasheva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in Superstar. It's really pigmentet, but if you use the right amount of product it is also really easy to apply it. I use the MAC 188 stippling brush and I was ready with my blush in seconds.
I also tried it on my lips amd its good. It doesn't dry them out and I like having the same color on my cheeks and lips.
Overall great product on a great price. Probably would also try the other colors, but not sure if I would repurchase this one.
Not a huge fan of the packaging but it works, which is the important part.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

Holy Goodness, I bought three of these (Diva, Headliner, and Superstar). LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! They last a long time, HIGHLY freaken pigmented (you ONLY need the most tiny dab for enough product -and even that may be too much). These are great cheek stains, as WELL as lip stains! HG blush for life!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by HappyHooker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are amazing. I've only tried two of them (Headliner and Superstar) because they're the only colors I think I would need. I use E.L.F.'s small stippling brush to stipple them on in a circular motion and then I do top them off with a light dusting of the powder blush of my choice. Sometimes I'll use a Beauty Blender over both to finish the look. They're not the easiest to work with but if you want a long lasting, natural, gorgeous blush look, they are well worth perfecting the technique. The pump kind of stinks because you waste a lot of product. I pump it out onto a CD or my hand and then go from there. Huge bargain and I see myself re-purchasing these many times over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by TwirlyGirly1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the ELF HD Blush in all five shades shortly after they were released. I don't know my MAC shade, but my skin is a medium-light neutral beige tone.

It took me awhile to figure out the right way to work with these, but now that I have they have become my HG blushers!

I wear a cream-to-powder foundation (Milani Cream-To-Powder Makeup in Medium Beige). I apply the blush immediately after foundation application directly over my foundation (IOW, I don't powder after foundation). It's helpful to know you'll get a much better result applying powder blush over powder foundation, or liquid/cream foundation over liquid/cream blush. If you use a liquid/cream foundation and a powder blush, the blush will apply more smoothly if you first apply a light finishing powder on your cheeks. If you're a powder foundation user, it IS going to be difficult to apply ANY cream/liquid blush product over it - including the ELF HD Blush. (If you do use a powder foundation, you might try applying the ELF HD blush over a silicone based primer, and then applying your powder foundation over it).

I use a brush to apply my foundation; either the Coastal Scents Bionic Flat Top Buffer brush, or the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. Once I've applied my foundation, I pump out 1/2 pump of the ELF HD Blush on the back of my hand, and using the tip of a finger, dip into the product and place a couple of small dots of it on one cheekbone. I blend it out with my finger tips, then immediately take my foundation brush (which still has a bit of residue of my foundation on the bristles) and finish blending out the blush. I do one cheek, from start to finish, at a time.

By doing it this way, I get a perfect finish every time. Furthermore, I can get a natural look with any of the five ELF HD Blush shades - even the darkest shade, Showstopper.

I love these blushers, and can't believe I can purchase such a high quality product for just 3.00. ELF definitely has a winner with the HD Blush!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Superstar and Showstopper. I have tried both on my cheeks and lips. I love Superstar on my cheeks because it wears on so well and natural. It's a pink flush on my cheeks and lasts really well. I like Showstopper on my lips better than on my cheeks because it's a really crazy color.

The formula of these blushes are crazily pigmented so you really do not need a lot for both cheeks. A light pump, barely pressing it down would do for both cheeks. I use my ELF small stipple brush to apply these blushes because I can control the amount I used and then lightly blend with my fingers. Showstopper is amazing as a wine/purple lip tint.

My only turn-off about this product initially was that oil was seeping through the pump (Showstopper), so please shake really well and pump a few times lightly to get rid of the oil. I always shake the bottle before using anyway, so not too big of an issue.

Definitely repurchasing because a little goes a long way, and I stopped using my powder blushes because this lasts so well. And for the price, it's a steal.