April 24, 2014 | 988 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Luminous Clean Cream Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by applecour

So, my HG facial cleanser is Clinique Rise Off however, I have a two month old daughter and as you all probably know, babies are pretty expensive. In an effort to save money, I was looking for a cheaper alternative. My husband and I were in Target and I was browsing the isles for quite a while until I discovered this product. I will admit, I was skeptical. Ponds facial creams have always broken me out because they contain so much mineral oil. I decided to give it a shot and keep the receipt just in case things didn't work out.

Let me just say, I am AMAZED! I love this cleanser! It's the closes thing I've found to the Rinse Off. It's a pearly, thick, creamy cleanser that surprisingly foams up quite well. It has a semi-strong rose scent which I adore. It really works when it comes to removing makeup and excess oil every morning and night. It doesn't make my skin as dry as the Rinse off, but I would still recommend using a light moisturizer after cleansing.

I will repurchase again and again. I hope they never discontinue this. My new HG!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by taryn33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It advertises 'for bright luminous skin,' and it definitely gives me that. I choose cleansers based on the least amount of gimmick, least amount of ingredients, and efficacy, so this one gets a 5 from me. I love-- and I mean, I really love-- the rose fragrance too. I typically hate rose scented anything, but when I use this cleanser, it makes me feel so feminine without making me want to vomit.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Thompsonhn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this new cleanser from Pond's. I used the cold cream for several years and just tried this product on a whim. It is fabulous, your face really does look 'luminous' after using. This cleanser is not irritating, which is good for my sensitive skin. My face feels sufficiently clean after using, although I would suggest removing majority of makeup with a wipe, I use neutrogena's. Overall this product is a good but and I plan on repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jesuislesoleil

ran to walmart for a few essentials and decided to try this because i finally came to the realization that my skin is dry, not combination (duh) so i had been using the wrong kind of cleanser for years. Anyway, i figured a cream cleanser was the way to go and i had used ponds products before without any kind of bad reaction. Loved it after using it for about a week without any sign of irritation (unlike many others that left my skin bumpy,super dry and irritated after a few days), leaves your skin super smooth, not greasy or with any kind of residue at all. you still need to moisture after (of course) but its seriously an awesome cleanser. The price sure doesn't hurt either, super cheap. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I have been using Ponds FOREVER and when I went to the store to pick up the cucumber cold cream and couldn't find it I chose this one. So glad I did too!! My face feels so clean and no dry and tight at all. Harsh New England Winter weather wreaks havoc on my skin and this cleanser is great!! I am going to stock up on this magical gift just as soon as I can!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by squirrelyolk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is divine! I picked it up for the harsh winter months that give my sensitive skin the flakies. The results: soft, clean skin even before applying moisturizer. Color me impressed. It lathers nicely, too--strange for such a moisturizing product.
(It also has not made me break out yet, and everything makes me break out.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by kasf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was using Olay sensitive skin face wash but it was not removing all of my long wear foundation. I saw this in a magazine and picked it up for $4.99 at Walmart. I really like it. I only use it at night. It removes all of my makeup with one cleanse. No residue left on my towel like with the olay cleanser. I have oily skin and do not find it too drying. There is also an exfoliating version of this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by prettycave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser after I found one product that actually says it removes make up as a face wash. I went looking for the yes to cucumbers face wash but didn't find it. I didn't like this. I like to wear heavy coats of l'oreal voluminous carbon black mascara and waterproof eyeliner and it took 3 pea sized amounts to get it off. I didn't wanna use gobs of it, because i wasn't sure if it would irritate my eyes, but 3 washes didn't help the situation.

It did work, but took 3 tries. I returned it the next day. I was looking for something to replace my cold cream and this was not it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by rosewells95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First let me say, I used the original Ponds Cream Cleaser in the pot thing. It was good for getting makeup off, but getting the product out was a pain in the butt and I would often get too much since I had to scoop it out. Plus it left a weird oily film on me.
So I got this product in hopes it would work just as well (in the sense of getting makeup off) but without the oily film.
I immediately loved the packaging right off. Having the product in the bottle is 10 times better. It also took off all my makeup. Then, no oily film!

Let me tell you, I wear lots of makeup so the thought that this alone can getting ALL of my makeup off? Yeah. I'm a very happy camper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by CrochetDiva23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, after YEARS (and I do mean years) of searching for the perfect cleanser for my face -- one up to the task of deep cleaning my incredibly oily skin, but also able to remove ANY AND ALL TRACES of makeup -- I have finally found it!

This stuff is the bomb! It removed every single trace of makeup from my face -- even my eye makeup and I only had to wash my face one time! Not kidding about that either. I had been using a cleanser by Oil of Olay and another by L'OREAL that each left traces of makeup after washing, before walking around my local Walgreen's one day and stumbling on this product.

It contains clay -- perfect for my oily skin, and it also makes my skin feel refreshed afterwards. I am not kidding when I say that I literally go, "Ah" after I've used it. It cleans deep down and that for me, is the most important thing. I shouldn't have to wash my face twice OR have to follow with a toner to get what the cleanser didn't.

I think I'd just gotten so used to mediocrity that I just settled for products that weren't getting the job done and just making do with what I had.

Not anymore with this one! Just a pea-sized shape spreads and cleans your entire face. So the large tube will last me for quite a while.

Love it!

If you're tired of settling for a cleanser that doesn't get the job done, you HAVE TO try this!

Trust me, you're gonna love this product too!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No