July 24, 2014 | 1370 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Carrying 16 shadows 8 matte and 8 shimmer, this palette has to be the most convenient palette I have ever owned. The quality of these shadows are very good. You don't need much product to get what you see in the pan. You can easily make endless eye looks of sultry smokey to subtle to glamorous all from this one palette. The sleek black packaging is also a plus. it fits practically everywhere. Oh and How could I forget the huge deluxe "sample" size of the Behind the Scenes eye primer... Awesome product all on it's own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a palette junky so I was very happy to add this to my collection. First I love how thin the packaging is. It's very sleek and small for the amount of shadows you get. Plus the price point on this is very reasonable for 16 shadows. The colours have a wonderful buttery texture and are on par with my Urban Decay shadows and palettes so I am very happy with this!

Some of my favorite shades are:

Cream~ Awesome cool toned lid base or brow bone highlight.

Nude~ Amazing shimmer to me looks great in the corner of the eye. Or I like to do half this and a darker colour on my lid. It totally opens up your eyes with a nice crease colour like Mauve for example. Also I read this is an excellent dupe for Urban Decays Sin.

Deep Purple~ Goes great on the lid with Mauve in the crease add Nude on one half of the lid with Deep Purple on the other. Then Cream on the brow bone with Champagne and you have a total eye look that's very wearable.

Mauve~ Excellent crease shade and goes well with my Naked3 palette. Very soft and blends out very well. You can add a little Champagne if it looks to flat I find. Also this is a perfect dupe for Nooner from Naked3 just a tad lighter.

Taupe~ Great neutral and can be worn on the lid or crease. Leans cool and is very soft and easy to blend.

Lt.Pink~ Great lid colour with Taupe and goes with so many other shades in this.

I am very happy with this palette and I like the primer that came with it as well. The case is so easy to carry and you can do almost any look you want. 8 shimmers and 8 Mattes was such a great idea as I am guilty of owning a ton of shimmers so it's nice to have more mattes in my collection;) This is a great palette for the price and I am excited to try more things from LORAC.

I would recommend this to any girl who wants a nice array of eyeshadows to work with that you can use daily and you can make nice looks for going out as well. It truly is a multipurpose gem to me. I'm very satisfied and would repurchase if I ever ran out but the quality is so high you really don't need a lot of product at all. I am really loving this and would totally say get this if you haven't. It is totally worth it. Everything goes together so nicely and the thin case I love. Great purchase and highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is literally the best palette I own (out of about 4 or 5). First let's start with the packaging: all black, matte-material and a magnetic closure. Not crazy about the material as it does get really dirty very easily (compare to NARS packaging, if you own NARS products you'll understand). But on to the product, the shadows are AMAZING. You get 16 shades (8 matte shadows, 8 shimmer shadows). The formulation of the shadows is so smooth and silky on the eyelids, not to mention super pigmented. I don't really experience any fallout issues personally, so this is great for me. The shadows are such a good color range(from light matte and shimmery highlights to great neutral browns for crease to darker intense shimmers). Overall, great palette and I would so repurchase but it'll take me forever to use it up!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by brassovaries

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not usually compelled to write a review unless I think something hasn't gotten a lot of coverage or I feel strongly one way or another. This.....it just frustrates me.

It was after many months and reading TONS of positive reviews that I finally purchased this palette in hopes of finding one that could be my go-to travel set, instead of a half-dozen quads. I was doubly excited because my Ulta had the only one in town, and they were sold out everywhere else.

In theory, the concept of this palette is fantastic: A whole range of colors in various intensities, with both matte and shimmer options. How can you go wrong with the color choices? You can't, I think they cover all the bases for what one would need for an all-in one palette, and they appear to be dupes of many of my favorite high-end shadows. The Gold, Pewter, and Slate shades are absolute stunners!

However, either I'm a complete imbecile when it comes to shadow application or I'm just picky (or both), but I just can't make this work for me. It's not the colors or the matte vs. shimmer, it's the unfreakingbelievably crappy fallout, and weird adhesion to my lids that is making me put it back in my makeup bag and reach for something else.

Some specifics:
-The lighter matte shades go on buttery smooth and have great coverage, but even on my light (NC-25-ish) skin they look chalky.

-The darker matte shades have TONS of fallout, and I have a real problem blending them. If I tap the brush to get rid of excess shadow, there isn't much left, and I can't get a decent intensity.

-In addition to the fallout, mostly from the medium-dark matte shades, once the stuff attaches to your skin (under the eyes, of course), it is practically impossible to get off without a makeup remover, so I'd have to do my eyes first, which I usually do anyway, but I can't even blend this stuff off with fdn or a brush, I have to actually use remover. The same goes for when I apply these shades to the crease - they apply rather unevenly, and once on, just cannot be blended or cleaned up without a lot of effort or remover.

I've played with all sorts of combinations, ALWAYS use the NARS primer, use very high quality brushes, and the same general techniques as for the likes of Tom Ford and CdP (my staples), and every time I try this LORAC palette it looks "muddy", and that it STILL needs blending and cleaning up, and I just don't have that kind of time.

I don't want to have to WORK to make my makeup work.....

I'm going to skip a review of the packaging (typical LORAC short-sightedness) since it's been covered before, and it isn't half as important to me as the actual product and product delivery.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this pallete as a gift for my birthday after hearing so much about it on YouTube.
I have to say it does live up to it's reputation. The shawdows are some of the most buttery on the market. I own the UD Nakes palletes 1 and 2 and a few MAC shawdows, and I must say this one is way more buttery than the UD shadows.

The colour selection and colour payoff is wonderful like all the other reviews have mentioned before me.

However, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't like the packaging. The main reason is due to fallout. The shadows are buttery, but they do tend to fall out a bit. I like to do my make up in bed, and I started to notice my sheets were stained with black shadow. I realised that the black shadow had somehow trasnferred from the cardboard pallete onto my sheets and pretty much anything I put it on top of. These days, I set it on top of a magazine or dark towel so it won't stain anything.

I think the pallete should be in a better quality cardboard, for example UD, or even better a better casing like the UD Naked 2. It reduces the mess from the fall out. I would love to take this pallete with me on holidays but I don't think I will because I don't want the shadows to crumble in my bag and get shadows everywhere.

Other than the packaging, I love the pallete, colour and quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I made this purchase! The only other palette I own is Naked Basics, which I am very happy with. But I wanted some more options. After much research -- this was the palette to buy. I love all the colors. I'm still experimenting with color combos but I love using Mauve and Taupe in the crease. I love Champagne for all over the lid and especially Light Bronze. Black has been my go to eyeliner lately. I love Gold and Garnet but I'm still trying to figure out how to make those colors work for me -- they pull a little warm. Slate is BEAUTIFUL smudged over some black liner for a quick, smokey eye. I keep looking up different looks on youtube --- there are endless options with this palette. Definitely worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by marifixx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was the first palette I ever bought, and it is amaze-balls! If I HAD to choose only one palette to keep forever - this is the one.

The colors are SO buttery, it's ridiculous. I live that there are as many matte as shimmery shadows, and the selection of colors really is beautiful.

I love this so much, and I would recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 11:09:00 AM More reviews by nolamama10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this palette. Beautiful colors and great pigmentation. Just the right mix of mattes and shimmers. Perfect for everyday AND nights out. I can do so many different looks with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I've only tried the Stila Trio, Urban Decay Naked 1, Mac, before this, looking for an eye shadow that I will actually like.
- Stila is too overwheming with the shimmers, but did blend really well
- Urban Decay's was too pigmented and the shimmers were metallic. lasted a long time though
- Mac's color payoff was just right. not too strong and overwhelming and not too "nothing". lasting power was pretty impressive too. The texture wasn't as smooth as I'd like it to be and the base colors like the rice paper made my eyes look really bad. like wrinkly and bad (I'm in early 20s)

The Lorac pro has a very nice texture to it, buttery smooth and soft. The color pay off was great too. unlike the UD, the color it gives actually look like the color on the pan.
The packaging is lovely and chic.
Price is very reasonable for what you get

and "cons" are..
1. I've tried all the primers I have - UD, NArs, Too faced, and Lorac but non of them kept it from fading.
2. It looks like there's so many colors to choose from and use, but there really isn't when you try to use it. Its either highlight or crease. nothing natural and sheer to use as a base color especially for Asian eyes

I don't think I'm going to purchase this when I run out, but I will continue to use it. I don't hate it, but the color fading and it being not versatile for Asian eyes is a big deal breaker for me.
The colors also kind of look like middle/high school colors.. not high end professional

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Such a great palette. The colors are gorgeous and there are so many variety of looks this palette can create. Ever since I got this palette, my Naked palette has been chillen' in the back of the drawers. Every single day when I go to do my eye makeup, it's a struggle. I just sit there and stare at this palette because there is such an endless amount of looks I could wear whether it's matte, shimmery, smokey, natural, "I-don't-want-to-look-like-im-trying-to-hard" or "I-want-to-go-all-out", you name it. The shadows can have quite a bit of fallout especially if you're picking up the color with a fluffy crease brush but it's nothing too crazy. I would recommend this palette over the Naked palettes any day.