September 2, 2014 | 1131 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is a workhorse palette for me. This is definitely the most used palette I've owned. It has mostly neutral colors. A good amount of these colors lean cool (many of the lighter colors) while many of the medium/darker colors are either neutral or cool toned. Despite my warm toned skin, I find a lot of these colors to work well with my brown eyes.

I like the texture of these eyeshadows better than Urban Decay. These have better pigmentation, blendability, and less fallout than UD, imo. This is a very well balanced palette. The best part of the palette is that is has an equal amount of matte and shimmery colors, as well an equal amount of light and dark colors. They have at least three blending colors (taupe, mauve, and sable) and colors to darken a look.

The eyeshadows are a good size. I have been using it almost daily for 2 months and haven't hit pan yet. The only complaint I'd have is that there are some colors that are a little redundant. The light colors (white, light pink, cream) are very light and look pretty similar on my skintone (warm,NC20). The gold color is a very orange gold and is pretty bold. I didn't quite like the look of the gold and neither did my boyfriend! So, there's some colors in the palette that I could do without.

But I love the heck out of the brown, black/grey, or purple shades. The espresso is a beautiful brown and looks great on brown eyes. I'll use the black to line my top eye (I'm too oily skinned to wear it on the bottom!) I ended up wanting to return my Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Stila in the light palette because I feel there are colors that I like that are already in the Lorac pro palette.

My favorite looks: Using Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow in Tough as Taupe and layering Pewter on top and finish with black liquid liner. Beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have just tallied up my eye shadow palettes to give a reality check and point out to myself why I do not need Lorac unzipped, TF Choc Bar or UD Electric in my life (just yet).

Which brings me to Lorac Pro, with 27 assorted palettes I still reach for this as I find it unique enough on its own to want to use quite often.

I'm NC15 mostly, maybe a little lighter in winter so mainly enjoy using the lighter colours in the palette but find the darker colours make the best eye liners and go on so well with a tapered skinny brush.

My favourite combo at the moment is Lt Pink. Champagne. Bronze. a dab of Gold. Mauve in the outer V and Taupe in the crease - so pretty. The colours blend beautifully and have a satiny look when applied. Garnet is a gorgeous reddy brown and not a colour I have in any other neutral palettes - Naked 1, 2, 3 and TF Natural Eye - so think this palette was worth the spend for me and have enjoyed using the bonus eye primer which seems to perform well.

Cons for me: The eyeshadows are dusty and prone to fallout. I always apply concealer under the eyes, but do my eyes before foundation and use a big brush to flick off fallout - I find the "set" concealer stops the dusty fallout from sticking to my skin.

Price: In NZ all higher end makeup is expensive. The cheapest I could find this palette was on thenile.co.nz for $88.99 NZD - free shipping, but as it shipped from Lorac in the US it did take about 3 - 4 weeks which I didn't mind as was happy to be adding this to my stash and getting the genuine product. Hope this might help any NZ or Aussie girls wanting this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by devotadaniellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This palette is one of the best palettes that I've ever used in my entire life. The shadows are so pigmented and easy to blend, and they actually stay on for a long time. I was in between the Naked palette or this, but I'm so glad that I chose this. Since half of it is shimmer and the other half is matte, you can create many looks. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is new at makeup- this was my first palette and its great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was finally able to get my hands on this palette online through Ulta. It came with an eye primer. It comes with both matte and shimmer shades which I can appreciate since I like to play around with different looks. The colors are versatile and all flattering. The pigmentation I get is great and the colors go on smoothly and feel soft in texture. I wish I could have found this sooner as they are all beautiful shades, one of my favorites being the cream shade for highlighting the brow area. The palette itself is sleek looking, not bulky, and has a nice sized mirror. It makes it easier to travel with and slip into my bag. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Urban decay Naked series and I find that I reach for the Lorac Pro Palette more because:

PROS:
- versatile- wearable colours
- contins matte & shimmer shades
- sleek packaging/very good
- pigmentated and smooth

CONS:
- None

Highly Recommend!
If you can't find it in stores anymore, hurry and order it from Amazon. :D

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by amandamorgan

Ah the Lorac Pro. I purchased the Lorac Pro about a year ago after trying to convince myself to be different and not go for the coveted Naked 1 (a choice I now regret) Although this palette has amazing variety, sleek packaging, and a fair price I was not blown away by the staying power and formulation. When swatched these look heavenly. Smooth, buttery, and vibrant. I do not feel that these shadows look nearly as good once applied, and I find that several shadows are not true to color, which particularly disapointed me. I wish that the amount of product given was bigger, but that is something I'm more than willing to look past. Nude, Champagne, White, Cream, Espresso and Sable are the winners of this palette. If you have a love of mattes, and are interested in creating more mature looks I suggest you pick this up. As a beginner it would be fabulous, but as a girl with tons of neutrals palettes this just didn't make the cut as an HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by SNLBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS PALETTE! I am a matte person but every once in a while I will opt for a more shimmery look. This is the only palette I will take with me when traveling especially because it is versatile, sleek, portable, and amazing quality. My mother and sister who tend to use my makeup are people who enjoy shimmer,this palette is great because they don't have to lug their palettes with them on vacation too. The case is like the rubbery nars compact so it does get finger prints but that is so easy to remove with a wet paper towel. Large mirror too. I do wish it had a brush but truly it is not a deal breaker. I would definitely repurchase. I use this every day! People compare this to the nakeds (I dont have those) but it is up to you on what you want to purchase, if you like shimmers more go with the naked but if you like both matte and shimmer, Lorac is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by 1spell4u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the best palette to travel with. I only need this one. I can create so many looks from this one palette.
The pigmentation is amazing. The shadows are buttery soft and not at all chalky. Not a single one.
I have lots of palettes (including the UD Nakeds) but I reach for this more than any other one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by fake0v0babi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love all the matte shades and they're all buttery smooth. One thing is that they're extremely pigmented so sometimes I find the darker matte shades hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by BriJax01

Amazing palette!!! Awesome pigmentation and beautiful consistency. You can get SO many looks with this!