April 20, 2014 | 1978 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by xbexiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore this palette. It's super hard to come by in the UK, but I managed to win an eBay auction (albeit at a ridiculously high price) The shimmer shades are what I typically gravitate towards, they are stunning and crazy pigmented. I love how versatile the palette is, from neutral to smokey, you can do it all. If I were to lose it I'd definitely try my best to get my hands on it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by llorona19

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hoard palettes. I hoard make-up in general but when a palette comes out, I have to have it. When I do y makeup in the morning I generally use 4-5 palettes because I am picking and choosing colors from each. This palette, however, is the exception. I LOVE IT.

When I am staying the night somewhere I used to have to take tons of different eyeshadows and palettes but I can make tons of several look with this one palette. It is the best. I am sure most of you know how companies LOVE to make their shadows with shimmer or glimmer and I really can't stand it sometimes. So this palette has 8 MATTE shades and 8 Shimmer shades. They really compliment each other. The "nude" color reminds me of Urban Decays Sin. Taupe Reminds me of UD's Buck. White and black or great dupes for Sonia Kashuks black palette. Espresso is a great dark chocolate. Pewter reminds me of YDK from Uran Decay or Satin Taupe from MAC. Nothing seems to be an exact dupe for another. The Cream color is a great highlight for the brow bone.

I bought it alone, which was $42 I believe. Later on they had a "Red Hot' set which came with a lot more and was only $39. That kind of irked me but I think it is worth it either way. Some days I like to wear all mattes. Like the Cream for the lid, and the sable for the crease, and others the Pewter is my fav.

It is VERY thin and sleek. It fits very well in your purse. The only thing I don't like is the way the palette is, it can get a lot of fingerprints on it. Other than that, it has a nice size mirror and is perfect for taking out overnight somewhere.

Overall. It is an excellent palette and a great buy for the money

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This palette is great for someone who doesn't really want a lot of makeup, but still wants a good selection of shade. I really like the formula of these shadows, definitely more on the powdery side, but overall very nice and pigmented. The packaging, although prone to getting dirty, is nice and slim. Still sturdy, and also classy. The shade selection is pretty massive. I like the row of mattes, that is something that makes this palette really unique. I don't use too frequently, only because the shadows are leaning towards the cool side. I took one lippie off for the little itsy bitsy pans. You don't get a ton of product in one pan, so be wary of how much product you pick up! I do like this quite a bit! I would recommend for amateurs, but not beginners. It may be too hard to use the product sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

I was torn between this and one of the Urban Decay Naked palettes, which I'm yet to try, but chose this because of the range of matte shades and because I have a mild allergic reaction to some eyeshadows and I heard LORAC is especially formulated for sensitive eyes. I certainly didn't regret the purchase. In fact, it's one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made.

PROS:
*Value for money. Though the eyeshadows are small, they're highly pigmented and good quality, and for the price, you get a good range.
*The range of colours is great. If this is the only eyeshadow palette you have, it's enough.
*You can create A LOT of different looks with the selection of shades. You can create a dramatic metallic gold look, a natural matte pinky/brown contour, use the plum, black or espresso shades as liners, use the white and cream to blend with and lighten the other shades, or go for a full-on smokey evening look with the black, slate and purple.
*The shadows are all creamy, highly-pigmented, good quality shadows. Easy to apply and, in my experience, longwearing.
*Half the shadows are matte and half shimmer. I love having both options.
*NONE OF THE SHADES IRRITATE MY SENSITIVE EYES. Woohoo!

CONS:
*The case. It's dumb. It's made of cardboard, so it gets dirty, and it doesn't clip shut or anything. So it's not ideal for throwing in a makeup bag.
*The Sephora pic does make the colours in general look a little more purple/blue than they are. The palette is basically pretty earthy. I have no issues with the actual colours, I just thought I should point that out.
*I do, however, wish there was a light or mid-toned grey to go with the dark metallic charcoal "slate" shade. The colours generally tend toward golds and warm pinky-browns, so there are less options for grey/silver/blue tones.
*You can't actually buy the colours separately, so if you find one you love (nude!), too bad.

THE MATTE COLOURS:

WHITE: This is a basic white. Practical, but a bit chalky; it's not my favourite. I've also hit bottom way before the others, because I tend to sweep it up to the brow-bone.

CREAM: I rarely use this, because I'm pale and it's exactly the same shade as my powder (NARS loose powder in "snow.")

TAUPE: This is really more of a warm mid-toned fawn colour. I think of taupe as more cool-toned. Good shade, though.

LIGHT PINK: Basic pale pink; pretty and practical.

MAUVE: Now THIS is what I'd call taupe. It's a cool-toned, soft light brown. Great for using in the crease, and easy to blend. I use it a lot.

SABLE: A darker, warmer brown. Like a squirrel.

ESPRESSO: A rich cocoa brown. Highly pigmented and good for lining and even adding hair-strokes to brows with a narrow angled brush.

BLACK: A really rich, highly pigmented black. I choose this over the blacks in some of my other palettes because it's so pigmented. It blends well, too. Use with "Slate" for a dramatic smoky eye.

THE SHIMMER COLOURS:

NUDE: The perfect shimmery neutral. I've hit bottom, and I don't know what to do about it. I used to use Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Sandstone, but they changed the formula. This is a dupe for the original - maybe a touch lighter. It's pearlescent rather than glittery - the shimmer is really finely milled. You only need to tap your brush in it once for the whole lid too, so a little goes a long way.

CHAMPAGNE: Similar colour, but very glittery. I don't use it much. More beige than it looks in the Sephora pic.

GOLD: A true, rich, light metallic gold. Really pretty. Looks nice under the lower lashes, too.

LIGHT BRONZE: Lighter and a touch more yellow than the gold, with finely-milled shimmer. It makes a good neutral, and really brightens your eyes.

PEWTER: Cooler-toned shimmery taupe. It's lovely. I use this under the lower lashes, too.

GARNET: Metallic rust. It's not a colour I use much, as I don't tend to wear ruddy autumnal shades, but it's fun for a change, and a lovely formula.

DEEP PURPLE: I just realised I haven't used this at all, and I have no idea why. I guess I don't wear plum much? It doesn't blend well, but works great as a liner.

SLATE: This is my second favourite, after "Nude." A deep metallic charcoal, with a lot of sparkle. It makes my blue eyes look HUGE, especially with the White and Black, and Nude in the inner corners of the eyes. Makes me want to experiment with more blues and greys.

In short, I love this palette and would repurchase. My only issue is that I'm running out of the neutrals, and can't replace them because they're not sold separately. This is a strange move on LORAC's part, because they've got me hooked on a couple of shades, and I'll have to go out and find dupes in other brands. GAH!

If anyone can recommend a non-irritating shimmery neutral to rival "Nude," please let me know! It seems like a basic that would be easy to find, but I have to buy most of my makeup online, so I rely on reviews and word-of-mouth to find reliable staples.

Sorry my reviews are so verbose.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is such a lovely, high-performing palette. It is different than the Naked palettes due to the extensive range of mattes and shimmers found here. They are just beautiful...so creamy and the pigmentation is out of this world!! I don't get fallout with these like I do with the Naked palette. Notably there is no microglitter in the LORAC so my eyes don't look like a disco ball after applying any of the shades. Mostly neutral, but a couple jewel tones help me create a great range of looks.

Now I LOVE my Naked 1 palette. It unleashed my love for eyeshadow and is lovely on so many levels. I love having these two palettes and find them different enough to have both. I would not want to choose between the two because I love them both equally, for different reasons. BUT if you just wanted one neutral, everyday palette and asked me which to get I would have to say...the LORAC Pro. Why? Because half of the shades are matte, other half shimmer, a huge range of 16 colors to play with, all richly pigmented AND it comes with the BEST eyeshadow primer (now my HG). It's a great buy and if this was the only palette you had, you'd be satisfied.

Get this palette. You will LOVEEEEE it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Sarahmarie502

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the idea of the matte and shimmer/ metallic options and the pigmentation and longevity of the shadows are amazing; however I had trouble blending the deep chocolate brown and black my urban decay matte black blends much better :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This has to be my favorite palette. The colors are so so pigmented, warm rich, and smooth. There is a bit of fallout but I don't mind it. It has all the colors you need to create a full eye look. There's perfect transition, highlight, lid, and outer lid definition colors. It is everything you need in a palette and more. Watch my youtube tutorial link below :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by trisarahtops1994

Love love LOVE this palette. So much. I used to be die hard Naked 2 Palette lover, but this palette has converted me. It can be used to create so many kinds of looks, daytime or night time. The shadows themselves are so creamy and apply so smoothly and blend perfectly. I use this almost daily. Definitely a must for anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by GraceMcC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't this product doesn't have ore reviews on here! This is my favorite palette and I just just about everyday and everyday I can get a new look. I love how pigmented and buttery these shadows are! As noted in some of the others reviews, there is a bit of fallout but that can be easily prevented by tapping off excess shadow and using a densely packed shader brush. What gives this the nod over other neutral palettes is that this palette offers more than just browns, taupes, and champagne color. This palette offers a pretty pale pink matte shade, a reddish brown shimmer shade, a plumy purple shimmer shade, and a bluish grey shimmer shade, in addition to the browns, taupes, champagnes, and gold shades. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I also really like the packaging, it's very slim with a magnetic closure. When I bought this at Ulta, it did come with a primer that I felt was pretty lackluster but since it was free I can't really complain. Do yourself a favor and buy this palette!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by lindyhopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to be a downer, and I think I'm just too picky.

I use it all the time, but mostly just because I spent so much money on it that I feel obligated to use it. I never get particularly excited about using it.

The eyeshadows are way too soft. I feel like I'm wasting a ton of the already small shadows by the cloud of powder that spills everywhere whenever I even lightly dip a brush into one.

The shadows look pigmented when swatched, but they're so soft and powdery that there is tons of fallout. If you tap off the brush to avoid fallout, all the eyeshadow is gone and there's none left on the brush to apply to your eyelid.

Then when you try to blend them, because they're so soft, all the pigment disappears and it all just blends into a muddy-looking blur.

I wish I had returned it when I had the chance.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No