LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

on 12/30/2014 3:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I feel really bad saying this, but what is with the hype of this palette??
Yes the colours are nice and are really creamy but I feel like the colour pay off just isn't there and they really don't blend that easily or nicely on my eyes.
Maybe I am doing something wrong but I just feel like these are way too much work and even when I am done I feel like everything just seems to look really similar.
As much as I want to love this palette it just didn't work out for me.

AMAZING PALETTE. I bought it at Ulta for $42USD. The eyeshadows are supaaaa powdery and you have to tap off lots to get the right amount. Super smooth and creamy and buttery. Hella pigmented- the color gold is probably the most pigmented in this palette. The shade champagne really let me down- super chunky and glittery, close to nude but with lots of glitter. Palette gets super dirty easily. Really really easy to hit pan on these eyeshadows since you tap off most of the product. Super sleek packaging and great to carry on the go. Comes also with a primer- not a fan of it. It smells terrible and is super sticky, like glue on your eyelids. Ehhh, but the eyeshadows are phenomenal.

on 12/23/2014 12:39:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let me start off by saying I am a hard core Urban Decay Junkie! So when I saw the Lorac Pro (1) I was not totally impressed. I mean, it wasnt as beautiful as my Nakeds. The mattes looked boring. The intense gold scared me! I watched review after review and decided since it was only 42$ (cheaper than my Nakeds) I would try it out. Wow! I am so impressed by the quality!
They are such soft shadows with intense pigmentation.

There are 8 matte and 8 shimmer shades:

Pewter - awesome all over color - A+
Garnet - looks amazing with deep purple in the outer corner! - A+
Deep purple - amazing intensity - A+
Slate - good color for some, just not me - A

swatching these colors for this review makes me fall even harder for this palette. It truly is worth every penny. The packaging sucks, it will always look dirty. But I didnt get mine for looks so I deal with it just fine.

If you are torn between the two loracs and CANT get both, I would personally get the 2 but either choice is a clear winner. Try Lorac and you will be hooked, I use one of the Loracs every day and I own all the Nakeds and a ton of others!

on 12/13/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- color selection
- contains both matte/shimmer finishes
- easy to blend
- very soft
- long wearing

CONS

- mattes kick up a ton of product
- some fallout
- amount of product

COMMENTS: Very beautiful palette. I love the fact that there is an equal amount of both shimmer and matte finishes. They're incredibly pigmented, easy to blend, long wearing, and very soft. They're almost too soft. I have to be very careful when picking up product with my brush or else they create a mess. These shadows can be so easily dented and create fallout. Then again, the fact that they're so buttery is also a good thing. They're so easy to work with. It's a great palette to have if you love neutrals. I wish it contained more product, but they're such great quality regardless.

Will repurchase.

on 12/11/2014 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

THIS. This is my holy grail palette. As an owner of both Naked 1 & 2, too faced natural, return of sexy and the chocolate bar I can say that I've hardly touched them ever since the Pro came into my life. It's an extremely versatile palette and unlike other palettes on the market (I'm looking at you naked) every single color on here is usable and flattering on everyone. If you're looking for a palette to get your money's worth out of, this is certainly it.

on 12/8/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I'm always looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm an eyeshadow palette hoarder, it's unhealthy. I'm obsessed with this palette, I use it every single day, everytime I do my makeup. I neglect my other palettes because I'm always using this one. The palette itself is a dust magnet. Everything sticks to it, the lettering is fading and chipping. I've had My palette for almost a year and it looks pretty beat up. Which is okay, because that just mean it's been loved. there's also a nice sized mirror that you can easily use to apply your makeup, if needed. This palette gives you a variety of finishes and shades. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer and satin finish. From left to right, the palette goes from light to dark. With the wide variety of shades/finish, you can create an eye look for any time of the day. There's a good amount of product in each pan. Every eyeshadow is super pigmented and creamy. These eyeshadows show up well and are long lasting with or without an eyeshadow primer. I haven't noticed any fallout or anything. My biggest fear when buying palettes is not knowing if I'm going to use the majority of the eyeshadows. I don't have that problem with this palette. I've used/like every eyeshadow in this palette, every shade is wearable, Imo. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay's Naked. I don't think they're the same in any way- there's two different palettes, two different concepts. I like the Naked palette and everything, but I prefer the pro palette. Maybe because this palette provides more matte shades, I don't know. I recently started project 10 pan. Project 10 Pan is when you choose 10 products that you want to hit pan on or finish, for whatever reason. It can be makeup, skincare, haircare, whatever you want. I've hit pan on sable, espresso and pewter, and I put a dent in sable and mauve. Lt Bronze, Slate, and Garnet are my new-found favorites. Nude, champagne, and white are my favorite inner corner highlights. I can see myself finishing this palette by the fall.

on 12/2/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Normally, I'm more into contouring and "face stuff" than I am eyes. Most eyeshadows just don't look good on me, so it's hard to get excited about cream and brown all day everyday. But, I decided that I needed to switch up my game and deviate from my daily "naked" palette, which is too warm for me anyway, and couldn't decide between naked 3, or the Smashbox on the rocks palette. Then I saw this. I'd seen it online before and thought it was ugly, but in person, the colors are so much better. It literally is PERFECT. One matte white and one matte black, which is awesome in and of itself. I'm sick of the shimmer everywhere. I like that this palette is actually half matte, with all the matte colors you'd want like pink and cream and mauve and dark brown. The shimmers are really rich, and are all accent colors, so they're ones you would want to have a shimmer. Like bronze, champagne and deep burgundy, for instance. Every color is very wearable, like there's no "that's nice, but not for me" colors in here. And they are soo blendable; more so than UD, and very pigmented. That's a hard combo to find! Love love love- LORAC, you never let me down <3

on 11/26/2014 8:26:00 AM

This is the perfect palette! If you are the kind of person who just wants one 'does it all' eyeshadow palette, this is the one for you!!!! It has every colour you could need and what I especially love is that there is an equal balance between mattes and shimmers! The quality is amazing and the packaging is sleek. The price I think is very reasonable considering the quality of the product, it's my holy grail I love it!!!!

on 11/23/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Lots of great things about this palette but a few personal criticisms. There was so much kick up at first I was afraid I received a fake, but it's just that the pigments aren't as tightly pressed as other brands like UD. My brushes pick up more than I need so just tap it off before applying. The first few looks were muddy and awful until I realised softly is the way. Pick up, tap, pat on lids, blend out. Repeat until look achieved. I'm not hugely in to neutrals but everyone should have them. This palette is appealing to me as it offers a great range of colours that work well together. It's just missing some edgier shades for it to be my daily go to. I'm not finding that I can create a huge diversity of looks with just this one. The shades in pro 2 or mega pro look like they can create more. That said though the most amazing, and I mean game-changing AMAZING thing about the pro is the blendability. I have hundreds of shadows from so many brands and nothing blends as well as these. A soft fluffy blending brush does it quickly and cleanly, and my first few failed looks were probably so muddy because I am used to having to work much harder for that result. For 42 bucks from Amazon, this is a steal considering the quality of the shadows and how long they will last given you don't need much product. I'm not usually a matte fan but I use them more now with the pro. Unfortunately lt pink and mauve which are my favourite mattes seem a bit chalkier than the others. Likewise lt bronze and pewter seem less pigmented than the other shimmer shades. Interestingly these 4 shadows are the middle square of the palette and I wonder if that is just coincidence or a fault in mine. The champagne shimmer is going much quicker than the others, closely followed by slate. I use one of these in most looks created with the pro or with other palettes too. But really all the shades are quite versatile and even if you are like me and don't often do neutral, browny looks they are super handy to have on hand. Longevity is pretty excellent on its own bit colours and wear time are improved with the use of lorac behind the scenes primer, which is a star product in its own right. If you are considering purchasing this, do give the lorac palettes consideration as the quality and usability is in a class of its own, but might take a bit of practise or experimenting if you are not use to such pigmented, smooth shadows. Pro 1 seems geared at warm tones and 2 more cool, but unlike the UD nakeds I think the shades are more interchangeable. I'm a warm leaning neutral and think I prefer 2, so do some research and try them out. You won't regret it.

on 11/20/2014 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

So I finally succumbed to the LORAC Pro Palette, and while I think this a great mix of neutrals, it's not the end all be all of eye shadow combos. I like that this is an equal split of matte and shimmer shades. I tend to go for the matte shades more as I find shimmers tend to migrate more which I hate! The colors are rich and very pigmented, and are a nice selection of soft and bold colors. I'd recommend this alone on the fact that you get many great colors, with excellent lasting power and non-transfer qualities. This palette is WAY better than any of Urban Decay's Naked palettes, which are over-hyped and over-priced in my opinion.

Popular Palettes