November 23, 2014 | 1992 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.
What I love:
-Liquidish texture, which is very easy to work with.
-Velvety finish.
-Good color match.
-Build-able.

What I hate:
-Not sensitivity-friendly.
-Can be drying.
-Not long lasting.

I have combination skin and this product is great on those days when my skin is moisturized and not irritated. However, when the weather is drier this foundation can be quite drying as well... This foundation lasts about 6 hours without retouching. After that, if kind of fades away.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup3791

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm leaving this for people that used the original formula....
Why oh why did you change it Dior!!! It was perfect as it was and now you've changed the formula. The SA said the shades were identical!! No way!! I was 020 light biege. The new 020 is much darker!!! I'm gutted and as a result have defected to another brand (that I wish I'd found earlier as is even more perfect than the original dior nude skin!).

p.s my new HG... See my post for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I feel like I am always constantly disappointed by Christian Dior products. Beautiful packaging followed by a mediocre product. Not bad- just nothing worth spending that amount of money on. I bought this foundation at Sephora for $48+ tax in the lightest shade (1) which is a little too dark for me. I am fairly pale and this is a foundation that has the closest match to my skin tone that I have ever tried so good pale point there- not sure about how dark the shades run. One thing I instantly noticed was that the undertones were neutral, a bit on the pink side. If you are looking to neutralize yellow undertones I'm sure this will work fine but for people with pinker skin tones like myself, this will definitely enhance them. The foundation has a very classic Dior scent if you have tried any of their other foundations or concealers, this is the same thing so if you have sensitive skin maybe not the best. It does have a dewy finish and fairly long lasting power but I just don't really like how it lasts. If I put on more than one layer or even a thicker layer, it just kind of melts and stays put so I look like I have a liquid on my face (not really sure how to describe it) which I definitely do not like. And it will stay put like that for the whole day just looking really freakin bizarre. I do have very dry skin but maybe you really need to have mature skin to appreciate this foundation. I definitely will not buy this again since I can think of 5 foundations off the top of my head that are about half the price that give me a better 'dewy' result. I will use up my bottle though since there is nothing so tragic about it to make me discontinue use. I would say that if you have dry/mature skin you may enjoy this but not oily or combo skin types.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by katiegrin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the replacement version on the old nude liquid and its such a come down. The old version was my HG and im devastated this is the replacement I HATE IT!. I feel like i am waring a mask with this version the old one was lught and dewy. I also started to look orange towards the afternoon which NEVER happened with the older one. This light beige is far too dark for a 020 shade the older one in the same shade is two shades lighter its so annoying!. Will try chanel aqua lumiere as a replacement now as this is not lightweight or dewy anymore its more like a cheap foundation!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Dimplesnpaws

Hi all! I'm new on here but I love makeup that makes you flawlessly natural and recently have had more time to be online so I can hopefully write more reviews.

This is THE BEST on my skin and has kept my skin gorgeous every single day (I'll let it breathe on weekends). For something I've been wearing for years, i am very loyal to this!

I LOVE Dior makeup! I didn't used to be this obsessed, slowly but surely a lot of my basic holy grail products have been replaced by Dior.

I started with the flawless extreme wear Forever foundation like ten years ago when I didn't have makeup, was over at a gfs place who had the same skin tone and had to use hers. OMG it changed my life (and my fb profile photos lol). I was addicted. Before that I was a Chanel junkie mixed with some shiseido and then dabbled in YSL. Clinique somehow never agreed with my skin, and despite all the allergy testing, it ALWAYS broke me out!

Enter three years ago when I wasn't really making good with my expenses and decided my makeup was too expensive, I can go with a cheaper, good drugstore brand right? WRONG! For about a year I was fine, switched off on one between maybeline, loreal, whatever was seemingly new and fresh and it was working ok.... Until surely, my skin started to look worse and worse.. At first I thought its the quality of food or maybe stress , maybe a combination of things of course but one day it was HORRIBLE! I woke up with the last years mistake on my face. My skin was gross, pimples all over and I was devastated. I had always had amazing skin, what was I doing wrong? I realized soon enough it was the makeup! I went back to my makeup person at dior and they recommended a more natural approach to my skin since it was bad at the moment.
The Mineral Foundation that DiorSkin Nude is, has definitely saved my skin the last few years! Absolutely will not use anything else. Even though it's just makeup-this has helped with my routine to keep my skin looking amazing again. It does not irritate me and for using it almost every single day, I can say it has made my skin look better and not worse! ABSOLUTELY worth it!! I've tried other foundations the last year here and there and nothing has compared to how my skin has loved this one- even when it's not on.

You must put this on and blend right away as it dries fairly quickly, I use Laura mercier radiance primer before because I l lOve that extra glow I get and it takes care of a smoother surface. Now, I also have to add that I cleanse, tone, moisturize and prime before this goes one and it usually gets set with the forever compact for a more airbrushed look (if I want more coverage-like at night or events) - but during on the go summer days that I have no time or when traveling with a group and I can't be doing a long routine and make them all wait, I wash, moisturize and slap this on and go... Almost like a bb cream ritual but better coz it covers lol. It's amazing on me either way and I have gotten so many compliments on my skin.

It's a beautiful bottle, lasts me a while because LESS is more with Dior products and it also last me all day. One small pump/squirt is enough for my face and neck. More than that will be too much and I can definitely see where it can look unnatural (but this goes with all brands).

I definitely recommend this. Flawless, natural coverage that lets your skin breathe. I also have dry skin during the winter or sometimes when it's too dry out- that's NOT the foundations fault! I have never had a problem with this looking cakey or drying. If my skin is extra dry I just apply the foundation with a buffing motion with a more buffing foundation brush as if I'm hiding pores- and viola, I'm airbrushed without looking too fake. :)

Hope this helps. Sorry it's so long!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by mpb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What I did like about this product was how light it felt on the face. The only thing is I don't think I got the right colour for me and therefore looked slightly paler than usual.

Having the SPF was a plus but the downside is that it expired well before I got through a quarter of the bottle. Being glass, I wish Dior did take it back for recycling, perhaps I'd feel less guilty for spending that much money on something that I probably used 4 times.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by coffeedrinker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product! However, I am only giving four stars because of their limited color ranges and the glass bottle (it scares me to use in the bathroom for fear of breaking on tile). Coverage is FLAWLESS. I will never go back to another foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Nibotoby

Before I bought this I was an ardent Clinique user. I used the Clinique equivalent but it pales in comparison to this. I love this foundation it is shear enough to to look natural but tented enough to cover imperfections.
It is very pricey but I am addicted.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by hyunji82

I've used MakeupForever, Bobbi Brown, Lancome and Chanel Vitalumiere foundation and when I ran out, I switched to Dior Nude cuz I heard so many good things about the product, seeing that it is a very popular foundation among Asian women.

First off, I'm Korean and I have medium to combination skin. They recommended 030 which was a good match to my skin tone while 023 was a better match for Dior Forever (got a sample of this one as well).

After using this for 2 weeks, I'm honestly disappointed. While Dior Nude is supposed to be the more sheer option, it looks a bit cakey and not as silky as Chanel or Lancome ones despite the fact that I use the same method of applying all of them using a brush. I also found the texture of this product to be more powdery and cakey when applied than Lancome or Chanel. The coverage is sheer to medium but still felt a bit heavy on my skin due to the fact that it looked kinda cakey. I'm not sure what it is but I found the chanel and lancome ones more hidrating on the skin.

The packing of the product is ok, but I think it is a bit of a standard packaging for a designer brand. Personally I prefer Bobbi Brown or Chanel packaging cuz they are a bit more compact and easy to carry in a makeup bag.

Also, it was extremely expensive for the quality of the product so I won't be repurchasing when it runs out - a lot of which I have left.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very disappointed with this foundation! The Cover Girl 3-in-1 is wayyyy better, IMO.
I do like the packaging, the shade (second lightest matches me well, and I'm Ecru in ELDW), and the ease of application. But this is where my liking ends.
I'm combination to oily, and this foundation looks very patchy on the apples of my cheeks, which only happens with poor quality foundations. It looks horrible and I cannot camouflage the patchiness in any way.
If it wasn't for this, I'd like it. It has good coverage (medium-full), and doesn't make me oily. Wears well and gives a nice satin-matte look to my face. But it's all pointless if my cheeks look the way they do.
I will try to return, and buy my go-to foundation for daily wear, Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hr.