Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Beige

4.2

on 8/31/2012 2:45:00 PM

This is a great all-over lid color. I think it'd make a good primer for the lid area. The color is subtle and light and enables the rest of my eye makeup to pop. Think sheen instead of shine or sparkle. This lasts all day until I'm ready to take it off at night. This is good quality stuff for very little money. It'd be great if Maybelline incorporates this shade, along with other supposedly limited edition ones, into their everyday line.

on 8/29/2012 7:18:00 AM

These drugstore lines are seriously upping their game. This is better than Bare Study to me. When I tried Bare Study a few years ago, I just remember it being too white-ish & too frosty. Barely Beige when you first slap it on looks like it is going down that same path, but once blended turns into this beautiful beige champagne. It's "glow" is from a soft shimmer and doesn't seem as frosty as Bare Study or even the gold Color Tattoo seemed to me. I tried not to buy it, but resistance was futile. IMO this is the color you want when you are wearing a classic red lipstick and just need that perfect candlelit eye.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Barely beige is a really gorgeous shade of champagne that makes tired eyes look alive and awake. I'd say this leans more satin than shimmer. I absolutely think this shade is an everyday color that can be worn on it's own without fading or creasing. I got a full 10 hours of wear on a hot muggy day here in Alabama. To all the lovers of color tattoo's, bombard Maybelline with messages to make this color permanent in their range. The price is right, the staying power is awesome, the color range is magnificent, what more could you ask for? If Maybelline keeps this up, MAC is going to suffer significant loss in profits when it comes to their paint pots. Maybelline definitely has a very, very, comparable formula. Don't let this one get away ladies and gents :-)

on 8/28/2012 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

So happy I finally found these after searching so many stores! Many Walgreens, Rite Aids, and other drug stores plus WalMart & Kmart do not have these. I finally found some @ Bed, Bath, & Beyond the other day, but they were almost sold out. After trying this and absolutely adoring it, I found a few backups thankfully! This really reminds me of Bare Study paint pot by Mac. Texture wise, it's quite similar, and I wish these had been out b4 I got Bare Study, but oh well, I still love my paint pots too. I have to say I prefer this to Bare Study, I like the color better. I also feel like the formula has improved on these limited edition CTs, they're creamier, and less sheer and spotty like some of the shades in the permanent line. I mostly prefer HE makeup, but when there's something amazing that comes out in the DS, I will be the first to admit it. (and snatch it up)

Barely Beige is a gorgeous champagne/cream color that looks great on its' own and of course as a base. Once blended out, it's not overly frosty, it is just a gorgeous sheen, not glittery like I thought it might be, and suits my NC30 skintone pretty well. It isn't as flattering when I'm tan (NC 35-40) in the summer though. This makes a beautiful quick lid wash, as well as an inner corner highlight- a 2 second polished & pretty look, can't beat that! Pop a matte color in the crease if u have a little more time, and it's even better! I strongly recommend u pick up some (or all like me :) of these LE shades. I have the 3 other LE neutral colors, and while this is my fav because I'm a sucker for pale neutrals, those are great too. There's a beautiful olive called Mossy Green that looks fantastic paired with the L'Oreal Infallible in Golden Sage or Golden Emerald. The other shades, Rich Mahogany, a beautiful deep cocoa with subtle burgundy shimmer, and Gold Shimmer, an antiqued gold with a hint of rose are gorg as well! I am very impressed with these new CTs. It's so great that they came out with more wearable shades just in time for fall. I was wishing they had a champagne, and more neutral colors, and now they do! I think many people said they wished there were more everyday, wearable Color Tats. I hope these become permanent, and the limited edition thing is just a marketing gimmick. Oh! And I also bought the flat, synthetic brush they have on the display with these. It applies this, as well as my other cream shadows (like EL Dbl Wear and Mac Paint Pots), like a dream. I even bought a backup brush I liked it so much! Anyway, I really doubt anyone will be disappointed in this, if u love champagnes and pale neutrals, like I do, get it!

on 8/27/2012 7:36:00 PM

Looks and feels very much like MAC Bare Study- thats how nice it is! Great durability. Nice product- going to have to look into the other colors.

on 8/27/2012 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

DUPE ALERT: This is the cream version to Urban Decay SIN. Its a pearlescent champagne with the same amount of shimmer & reflective properties as sin & opaque in color (unlike the other DS dupes of sin). Its as long lasting as the other color tattoos that are raved here on MUA and yt. Love the classy high end look of the round glass jar, that lets u see the color accurately & the black lid (that blends in with my Benefit cream shadows). I find it super creamy & quick to apply, no brushes necessary. If you must look under a magnifying lens then this is more Nude in base (which I prefer for my warm tone skin) vs Sin which has a hint of pink (have u ever noticed that? Probably not. Exactly my point, there both the same otherwise) Only CON-its Limited Edition!!! Stock up if u can, unless your in NYC area where I might get to them first ;P