September 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite cleanser is from Paula's Choice. Her "Skin Balancing Cleanser" foams a bit, does a great job of removing makeup and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or greasy. However, it's not cheap. A large bottle costs $24.00. That's not exactly inexpensive. Options at the drugstore have been fairly disappointing. Cerave does make a good foaming cleanser but I don't like it as much as Paula's. I am glad I tried this new one from Neutrogena. It foams, does a good job removing most makeup, rinses easily, and doesn't make my skin feel tight. I did have to use eye makeup remover afterward to remove some long-wear eye liner. Still pleased with this one. Reasonable priced as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by sealbane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It burns. Bad. I've never had quite a reaction to face wash or any other product for that matter. I just used it and it feels like my face is on fire. I usually use the Cetaphil cleanser and saw the comparison between the two in a magazine ad and thought I would try for myself. I'm sorry I strayed Cetaphil, I'm coming back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A surprisingly good cleanser. I often find that products labelled gentle don't clean well, but this one does! It doesn't foam as much as I'd like but it does a good job. It removes makeup well and doesn't leave a tight feeling. And it smells good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Christine2004

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for three days now, and this is probably the first time in maybe my whole life that I don't have flakes on my face. I can even blow my nose without kicking up flakes. I even went without using a moisturizer today as a test..but it does work great with my Neutrogena Oil Free for Sensitive Skin. True, there is a fragrance, but once you are done washing you are done with smelling it. Seems to fully remove full cover concealer and all of my foundation with no issues. Prior to this, I used Cetaphil for Oily Skin as my go-to and I did find it more drying and less able to remove makeup.

Edit: My mom and I started using this at the same time, and we're both breaking out for the past week. My mom is 61 and doesn't get acne anymore and I haven't gotten acne this severe in I don't know HOW many years. It* has* been in the 90s here, but...I'd consider this cleanser a possible acne contributor and will discontinue use for now. Too bad...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by beaniejadepop

Changing my review...it gave me a dermatitis patch on my face

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by spacecowgirlredux

Before starting this product, I'd been having a few-years-running problem keeping my face clean and exfoliated without incurring the wrath of my skin's sensitivity. Basically, everything was either too drying or not cleansing enough - on particularly bad days, I somehow managed to have flakes and pimples both. I started the Ultra Gentle Foaming Cleanser about 3 weeks ago, and seem to have lucked out this time. It's glycerin-based. After the first week or so of use, my face has looked much less red and splotchy, with generally fewer breakouts and no need to moisturize unless I wash with hot water. I now exfoliate once a week using this cleanser and a L'Oreal scrubby pad. On an everyday basis, UGFC does indeed foam, which makes my face feel really clean (almost that "squeaky clean" feeling); with Spectro Jel or Cetaphil, my face never actually felt clean, and would often break out promptly afterward. My one gripe: you'd think a product that claims to be for sensitive skin would be fragrance-free, but UGFC isn't. It has a light, pleasant scent that coincidentally smells just like of one of my favorite perfumes, MOR Tahitian Bronze. It's a not-overpowering, beachy tropical floral, and will be especially pleasant for summer. I like that UGFC comes in a big pump, as I go through cleanser fairly quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok so I'm on a quest to find the perfect facial cleanser for my sensitive skin. I saw this facial cleanser and saw the words "Ultra Gentle". The bottle states that it's dermatologist developed for sensitive skin. It also promises not to over dry skin. This is the worst so-called sensitive skin facial wash I have ever used. Why would Neutrogena advertise this product as being "Ultra Gentle" for sensitive skin. This has a strong fragrance and fragrance is one of the biggest irritants of sensitive skin. I don't understand why they would add a fragrance to this product. This burned when I washed my face with it. It made my face tight, dry, red and irritated. It doesn't lather well or remove make up well. This product is not cheap I paid almost $10 for this. I ended up returning this and getting my money back. Horrible product! I really expected a much better high quality product. This is such a shame because I use and love many other Neutrogena products...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by himynameisdani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible!!!!! Ultra gentle? Yeah, right! It dried my skin out worse than anything thing I've ever tried. After using it a couple times It left me with red dry patches everywhere for about week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I have been using this cleanser for about a month but will not repurchase. I find it does not do a great job of removing eye makeup (I have to really scrub, which can't be good for the skin around my eyes). It also leaves my skin feeling somewhat tight and dehydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the sensitive skin/gentle type cleansers, I like this the most. It does a good job and I like the clean packaging. It doesn't burn my eyes like Olay, and it's more convenient to buy than Acne.org cleanser.