November 26, 2014 | 1825 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarte - Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product does what it advertises--provides a smooth base for foundation, smooths over pores (though not perfectly), and provides a long-wearing death grip for whatever product I put on next (generally foundation).

Unfortunately, it feels awful on. It is thick and sticky, and the price of that smooth, long-wearing foundation is that I feel like I'm wearing axle grease, or maybe the waterproof silicon gunk they use to seal the rubberized edges of a swimming pool separation tank. It is a silicon-based primer, and miraculously doesn't make my acne-prone, super-sensitive skin break out--but I do notice that my dry/combination skin gets oily in the t-zone when I wear this. Odd, since silicon-based primers are ideal for oily skin to help control, not create, oiliness (from what I understand).

Will I continue to use this? Yes, if there is a special event for which I want to look flawless, or a get-together where cameras might be involved. Otherwise, I'll stick to my Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer, which is less than half the price and has a much nicer texture (kind of like a powdery lotion). Revlon's may not give me quite as perfect a finish, but it does a good enough job without me wanting to scratch my face off.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by pvo0315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far, this primer beat Estee Lauder matte primer, Laura Mercier matte primer and Urban Decay primer that I tried. The color of the primer is clear, it glides on my face and creates a silky texture. I used this with Estee Lauder Double Wear without blotting powder. I put my makeup on around 9am and at 2pm after lunch + nap, I checked on my face and my makeup stays but it was a bit shiny (although not as shiny as before when I used other primer + foundation + blot powder). I decided to use Mac blot powder and wow, it looks like I just apply fresh makeup. My face is very oily and I would call this a win. However, the price is a bit expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by vmaricela20

I love this primer. You wanna fill in those pores and smooth out those lines? well you gotta try this. This product gives you the most airbrushed look to your skin when applying. I use it before my foundation and it helps my foundation just glide on. It gives me that airbrushed look, it's non oily, and helps my makeup stay on. The texture is thicker, silicone like and goes on matte when rubbed in the skin it's great without the bad ingredients Right after you apply it you will see an instant difference to your skin. The price is a little high, but it is worth it. The base of your skin is key in getting that flawless skin effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As far as primers go, I seem to be very picky and very sensitive. My skin very picky in general, but when especially when I comes to primers, its a very black and white situation.
During the holidays, Tarte was putting out the "Clean Slate Trio Mini", which I had bought... as often as I could. =) So i was really able to test these out. I already put up a review on the "Brightening" primer from this trio and definitely loved it. But this seemed to slowly creep in and take everything else over. The more I use it, the more I love it and don't want to be without it.
Its a primary silicone base, which normally my face doesn't like too much. This however, has almost an "airy" quality to it that has never clogged my pores. Looking back on it, I have had no adverse reaction to anything in this primer. It does a really great job of smoothing everything out texture wise. (I.E : Filling in pores / smoothing out lines/ smoothing over acne}. I aso noticed a more substantial staying power to my foundation which is really why I want a primer to begin with.
It's defiantly on the expensive side, BUT: 1. Tarte always seems to have sales and discount codes floating around. (Sign up for trier email) 2. Tarte also seems to put out a mini trio including this primer. And 3. (The most important)... You need SO little of this product that its well worth it. Its gonna last you a long time no mater what size you get.
I give it a high recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by afishcalledamy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried quite a few primers, but this one is by far my favorite. The product is quite thick, but you only need a pea sized amount. I pat it on with clean hands and let absorb for a few minutes before applying my foundation. It does an amazing job minimizing the size of my (very large) pores, and makes my skin feel very smooth. The first time I used it I couldn't stop touching my face, I was shocked by how great my skin felt. It also does a nice job of controlling oil. I definitely recommend it to anyone dealing with oily skin and/or large visible pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by lanid06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample from sephora and it was really good. The other two primers that i have tried was porefessional and hourglass. both of them seemed to flake my skin, so i didn't put high hopes for this primer. Surprisingly, it didn't flake my skin at all!! I haven't tried putting foundation over it yet, but I know that it is really good and totally worth buying.

Edit: silicone base broke me out!!!! Ugh, I hate this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr. Perfecting Primer is a product that delivers great results. This is not a cheap primer, neither in price nor quality. This primer is thick in consistency; it is clear, and virtually fragrance-free. It comes in a 1 oz. tube and cost $30 at Sephora and Ulta.
My first tube was a trial size so I could test it before committing to the full size.
I admit I am demanding when it comes to beauty products. I work hard for my money; therefore I demand good results from things I spend my money on. This primer improved the appearance of my skin, including fine lines that are starting to form around my eyes – nature’s gift as we age – and helped create a smoother surface to support my foundation. When using this primer I noticed that my foundation and powder did not settle into my fine lines throughout my long work hours. My makeup lasted well and looked fresh for many hours after application.

Application takes some getting used to as this primer is completely clear you don’t see it as you work it into the skin. You have to work it into the skin by feel, so it is better applied with your fingers. I usually apply one dot to the forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin. Then work it into entire face. I let it set for about 5 minutes then resume my foundation application. This primer doesn’t run, doesn’t make your face feel like a silicone river, it doesn’t bulge at all! It stays where it is supposed to be and does what it is supposed to do.
I will definitely repurchase this product and would recommend it to anyone.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by margaritababe

This is my HG primer. Ive been using it for about 5 months. I previously used the smashbox photo finish primer. This primer is equally matched but is a couple bucks cheaper which is why I prefer it. I have slightly acne prone skin but this doesn't break me out. I love the silicon feeling primers such as this one. You can see it blur large pores & imperfections when it is applied. It is thicker than smashbox so i warm it up a little more before applying to my face.No complaints about this product, the packaging, or anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer is a "skin perfecting, waterproof, mattifying base that not only helps keep your makeup in place for up to twelve hours, but also refines the appearance of pores and diffuses fine lines and imperfections. The natural fruit and plant derived extracts deliver anti-aging and skin restorative benefits to your skin. The face primer features good for you ingredients like avocado oil and rosemary, and no bad for you ingredients like parabens, mineral oil, phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, and synthetic fragrance. I got a little 7.5ml (.25 fl oz) tube in Tarte's Clean Slate Primer Trio, which I picked up from Ulta for $9. This value pack of primers is limited edition, but still available at Ulta. The full size of Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer retails for $30 and contains 30ml (1 fl oz). Tarte is a cruelty free brand. This facial primer was made in America. Tarte products can be bought from the brand's website, Ulta, and Sephora, and is offered on QVC from time to time.
Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer has great packaging. It comes in a purple (Tarte's signature color) squeeze tube. Silver, white, and spring green flowers encircle the top and bottom of the tube. The name of the product and Tarte's logo are written on the front of the tube in silver lettering, Poreless is written down the side of the tube. This tube is closed off with a black plastic twist off cap, the full size has a lacquered wooden cap. Tarte's squeeze tubes are made of a stiffer material than most, which is nice, it makes it easier to control how much product is dispensed. Cute, functional packaging; kudos Tarte.
Tarte's Poreless primer is similar to Benefit's Porefessional, but even better! This primer is thick, smooth, and clear. Poreless feels like a silicone based primer, it has that semi-slick texture to it, but it's actually silicone free. Tarte claims that this primer will "refine the appearance of pores and diffuse fine lines" and it truly does. I don't have many fine lines, but I do have prominent pores on my nose and cheeks. Poreless reduce their appearance alone, and makes them look virtually erased under foundation. When Tarte called this primer "Clean Slate Poreless" they weren't kidding. Tarte's face primer gives such a perfected, smooth finish, it's kinda hard to believe. This primer isn't entirely perfect though, believe it or not. Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer can feel a little heavy on the skin and I've experienced a couple small white heads on the side of my nose since I began using it. A few blocked pores isn't enough to deter me from using this great primer though. For the record, I do not use this primer all over the face, just across my forehead, all over my nose, chin, and parts of my cheeks. Poreless does a decent job of controlling oil.
Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless Primer is awesome! If you're looking to mask your pores or fine lines, this primer would be a great choice for you and I totally recommend it. I'm going to reserve the rest of my sample tube for days I really want to look my best. I doubt I'll ever find a face primer that's more effective at smoothing over my pores. The results really amaze me! This product may not be for everyone though, it has the potential to cause breakouts. Go out and pick up the Tarte Clean Slate Primer Trio, it's a great deal. I much prefer Poreless over Flawless, and I'd certainly consider buying the full size tube of Poreless. I use such a small dab of this product, a 30ml tube would last me ages.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This isn't perfect, but it's the best primer that I have tried to date.

-The texture is very silky. After applying this, my face feels like silk and my foundation/powder/concealer applies much easier.
-This spreads very nicely. A little goes a LONG way (I usually use slightly more than a pea sized amount).
-It gives my complexion something of a soft-focus look and seems to blur my imperfections.
-I don't have large pores, but this definitely fills them in for women who do.
-It hasn't broken me out.
-It comes in an ADORABLE little tube.
-Foundation adheres to this very nicely.

I have noticed that it keeps my makeup on slightly longer (as opposed to no primer), but nothing crazy. It doesn't really control oil either. I will buy this product until I find something better (which I'm starting to doubt that I ever will).

Bottom line? This makes your face look flawless, but it doesn't really control oil or make makeup last longer.