November 26, 2014 | 1176 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MCast

It does control my shine, however, the results do not last for eight hours as claimed. My foundation-free skin is left with a matte smooth finish with no white residues. And, being my satisfaction with this product, I haven't had any breakouts that were triggered by its ingredient, which is some kind of rice complex.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just a regular translucent powder. It does control shine well BUT its very chunky and doesnt blend very well on my skin, making it feel dry and look flaky. Its also pretty expensive for a drugstore powder..

I wont buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Meganfrenchfry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really oily skin and get shiny throughout the day. I have recently been using this powder and I have noticed way less shine! I have brought it with me to work but haven't even reached for it to reapply. I put it on with a fluffy brush in a light tapping motion. It also does not cling to my dry patches like other powders tend to do. Does not alter the color of my skin either. I hope it works well in the summer also!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by gluk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great oil controlling powder for people with oily skin. It instantly mattifies your face, and minimizes your pores. I've tried MAC blot powder on one side of my face, and this on the other. Although it came pretty close between the two, I thought this powder did a slightly better job at controlling oil, at least for 4 hours, but maybe variable depending on how oily your skin is. I've also tried Maybelline's dream matte powder and shine control powder, but those didn't mattify as long as this powder did. There is also no fragrance, which is important for me.
In terms of packaging, it comes with a foamy white sponge and a large mirror. I do like the sleek black packaging, which is more attractive than other drugstore pressed powders, especially since the cap isn't clear.
The only con I can think of is if you layer it on too heavily at once, it can leave a white cast, but as long as you blend it out, it's translucent.
Overall, this product is worth a try, and I will be purchasing again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by AnaP2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used it paired up with the Primer and I'm an absolute fan. My skin is medium to light and I have to make sure that I don't have residues on my face, the compact is a little lighter than what I would normally use, but a good blending technique and it integrates with my make up easily enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by JennStang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin, and this is one of the best oil-controlling pressed powders I've ever used. I have been using Estee Lauder Double Matte pressed powder for many years, and it did a pretty good job of controlling my oil for most of my day at work. When Neutrogena came out with this product, I was running very low on my EL powder, so I thought I'd give it a chance. The price is a little steep for a drugstore powder in my opinion, and I really wasn't expecting much out of this powder. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it controlled my oil and kept me shine-free even longer than my EL powder did! In my opinion, this is the best product in Neutrogena's Shine Control line; I was not impressed with the gritty foundation or primer from this line. I would recommend the pressed powder to anyone with oily skin, and I will definitely be repurchasing it for myself. The only con with this product for me is the cheap, flimsy puff that comes with it. I always end up tossing it in the trash and replacing it with a better puff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wowzers this stuff is great! When it comes to powders, I have tried them all in hopes of finding something that could truly hold up to claims. I have combination skin that leans towards oily (but is very easily dried out) and this does an amazing job of controlling it. I have found I only have to touch up once and am no longer blowing through blot sheets like water. My skin is about NW10 and this goes on invisibly but still somehow gives a flawless "soft-focus" finish without looking powdery, cakey, or obvious. I found this at WalMart for $9 and change, which is a bit pricey for a "LE" powder, but I don't care at all since it works. HG right here, folks...I will definitely be going back to get a back up.

Others I have tried that did not work: Maybelline Dream Matte, Hard Candy Welcome Matte, NYC Smooth Skin, MAC Blot, Silk Naturals Oil Control Blur (Which is the exact same as MUFE and ELF HD powders).

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This trully does control shine for several hours.You cant use this alone.Its pretty whitening so I use this in combination with a bronzer.
One of the best shine control products out there.Just use a brush to touch up any oily areas throghout the day if even necessary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by heyitschloe98

I was pleasantly surprised with this powder! It has recently become apart of my everyday makeup routine. It's perfect for setting pretty much any kind of makeup; from just a few spots of concealer, to layering full-coverage foundation. And it absorbs all my T-zone oil in seconds. My only concern is that this powder only comes in an ivory color. I have olive-tan skin and its fine for me because its so sheer but i don't know, maybe if you have really dark skin it might be a problem. One other thing, the stupid puff. it looks like a tiny stale pancake and its nearly impossible to pick up, let alone dab on your face. so get rid of it and use a fluffy powder brush. other than that, its awesome:D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I found my ideal shine control powder. I always get oily all over by midday and tend to look greasy, so I do need to have a shine control powder on hand everyday. These are some of the powders that I've tried in the past.
1. MUFE HD - works good at setting my makeup and providing maybe 30 minutes of shine control. But, it doesn't have long lasting effects. Plus, it doesn't travel well since it can be messy. I do appreciate this powder before applying my foundations to provide a matte canvas and it seems to work better for me this way.
2. MAC Blot - Works fantastic at controlling oil. However, it gives me a lot of clogged pores. So, I can't use this.
3. Maybelline Dream Matte - Another powder with great blotting power however it gives too much coverage for my taste and the packaging is atrocious.
4. Laura Geller - The most poor quality chalky powder I have ever encountered.
So, the list goes on to say the least but the train stops here at Neutrogena! I like that this powder is actually translucent on my NC40 skin. It doesn't leave behind ghost face but I hate the puffer they provided with this powder, it is very thin and the cotton is linty leaving behind lint balls on your face. I like to use a travel kabuki brush with this and it gives a better finish. I also find that this kept me shine free for hours and it doesn't make my foundation look cakey, very amazing if you ask me! Also, no clogged pores or breakouts from this lovely powder. Lastly, I love the packaging! The compact is built well and sturdy. The notch to close the powder, closes the lid snug so it won't snap open in your purse. I also love how the packaging is sleek and matte black. This powder is $12.99 USD and sold at most retailers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No