Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.2

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this a few weeks ago as an alternative to a high-end shine control powder just to see if i could find a cheaper one. I was a little nervous about purchasing it because I have heard about how some drug store blotting powders leave a white, ghostly look to tanner skin, but I bought it anyways. The powder was a very light tan color and not white like I was expecting and got even more nervous. I LOVE this product! It keeps me shine free in my T-zone for hours on end and I barely need to touch up! I never felt that I have a white residue on my tan Native American skin, which is great! I really like the packaging too! The container is a very nice dark grey/black color that doesn't get dirty. It came with a little puff that isn't that great and is very thin. I would use a powder brush with this. If you are tanner, then I definitely recommenced to use a brush with this! I found that the puff tends to give you a lot more product than you need and that is what tends to make it have a white cast.

So in summary, great product, use a brush, and don't cake it on! :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is an update. This powder is my holy grail!!! This is a dupe for Urban Decays De-slick oil control powder, I believe. The compact is so sleek and comes with a nice mirror. I do wish the packaging had more color though. I am going to bring it with me to a full week of camp starting tomorrow in the hot weather and ill see how it preforms, so ill post another review the end of next week. On a day like every day, it controls oil for a good bit! I am very tan and this stuff is truly invisible. matte, soft focus finish. Apply it using a brush, and you'll be good to go! (Only use the puff it came with in emergencies when u hav nothing else!) will repurchase. This is my second compact of this wonderful stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Pros: great packaging. slim, not chunky, nice sized mirror
doesn't look cakey or ashy on my dark skin
Cons: made my face itchy and i had to stop using it cause of that.
didn't control the oil as much as i expected and i dont have excessively oily skin. just t-zone oil
a little pricey for drugstore, cost me about 13 bucks.

All in all, I would have liked this a little more if I didn't have such a weird reaction. Made my face red and itchy and had to wash it off after like 15 mins of it being on my face. Stopped using it and my face was ok after that. I prefer my Neutrogena mineral sheers powder more cause it works better with my skin, controls the oil and also gives me a little bit of coverage. I would definitely not repurchase this one though. Sorry! :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. 10 minutes after I put on my makeup, my skin is oily. I have to constantly blot and reapply powder throughout the day which is very annoying. Until I found this powder! I love it!! I've tried tons of powders, and this is by far the best one if you have really oily skin like mine. I'm so glad I found this. I put this on once in the morning, and that's it. I don't need to constantly reapply it throughout the day like I found myself doing with other powders I have purchased in the past. I really hope Neutrogena never discontinues this product. Best thing ever for oily skin!

This is a fantastic product. I'm shine-free for hours! This is the best matte powder I've ever purchased. It's a little on the expensive side ($10 at Target), but it's worth it. The packaging is decent--it could be better. I like it though and I'll definitely buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Putting make up on in the morning started to depress me. Getting older has come with even more oily skin then i originally had. I dont wear foundation, but I needed something to control the shine. I have been using this powder for about two weeks. I love it in the morning. It is a transparent powder. it controls my shine. It doesnt last all day, but it does the job. I no longer am a mirrior 24/7. I definitely reccomend this product and i will be buying it again! Thanks Nutrogena!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It does control my shine, however, the results do not last for eight hours as claimed. My foundation-free skin is left with a matte smooth finish with no white residues. And, being my satisfaction with this product, I haven't had any breakouts that were triggered by its ingredient, which is some kind of rice complex.

This is just a regular translucent powder. It does control shine well BUT its very chunky and doesnt blend very well on my skin, making it feel dry and look flaky. Its also pretty expensive for a drugstore powder..

I wont buy again.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have really oily skin and get shiny throughout the day. I have recently been using this powder and I have noticed way less shine! I have brought it with me to work but haven't even reached for it to reapply. I put it on with a fluffy brush in a light tapping motion. It also does not cling to my dry patches like other powders tend to do. Does not alter the color of my skin either. I hope it works well in the summer also!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great oil controlling powder for people with oily skin. It instantly mattifies your face, and minimizes your pores. I've tried MAC blot powder on one side of my face, and this on the other. Although it came pretty close between the two, I thought this powder did a slightly better job at controlling oil, at least for 4 hours, but maybe variable depending on how oily your skin is. I've also tried Maybelline's dream matte powder and shine control powder, but those didn't mattify as long as this powder did. There is also no fragrance, which is important for me.
In terms of packaging, it comes with a foamy white sponge and a large mirror. I do like the sleek black packaging, which is more attractive than other drugstore pressed powders, especially since the cap isn't clear.
The only con I can think of is if you layer it on too heavily at once, it can leave a white cast, but as long as you blend it out, it's translucent.
Overall, this product is worth a try, and I will be purchasing again!

Recommended for Normal Skin