September 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Lip Treatments - E.L.F. - Studio Lip Exfoliator

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaMama

Three dollars, I'll give you three letters for it: FAB.
This is comparable to any high-end scrub you'd want to buy. Let's say Sara Happ because it's got the cocoa/choc scent going on. I can get EIGHT of these for the price of one Sara Happ. I am a packaging nut, which by default makes me a bit snobby about brands, and I enjoy this packaging very much. Feels good in hand, and logo is subtle. And these are portable and compact. The grain goes from rough to fine grit, from sand to a large sugar crystal. The oils/butters they use in ths are luxe feeling. It has a cocoa scent, which I honestly abhor (HATE WITH A PASSION HERETOFORE UNKNOWN) usually. But this one is subtle, slightly sweet.
I got one to use on my son (pre-teen) who gets chapped in wintertime very easily. After the initial OMGOSH, *MOM* it's lipstick! He used it and said his lips felt better. YAY! Any time a product is a success on my son I know I have an absolute winner. He's more sensitive even than I, so something to be said for the fact that it did not irritate him or I, and improved out skin significantly.
My skin feels lovely after I use it. I wet my lips with water, put on LipFusion clear gloss, let sink in, use the ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator, (which I lick a bit and then use a white washcloth to pat the rest off.) admire my handiwoirk, then go over top with LipFusion again.

I <3.

I had the thought that I didn't care for the fact that there was dead skin left on it when I put it up, (as there are with ANY lip product, so lol, I know.) so I ran hot water over the tip. Melted nicely and I felt it cleaner. Probably won't bother doing it again because it's wasteful, and it did make the rough grain too prominent.

***BONUS USE***

On a whim, while doing a manicure, I decided to use this after using my cuticle remover. Yes!
Scrubbed the yuck away, and smoothed them out.

This is one to stock up on. It's nice to open the H&B closet and see them lined up there all luxe-looking!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Bjm90

This is one of the only actual scrubs or exfoliators I've been able to find! And for only $3. It has a light, sweet scent and it has little beads that scrub your lips. Some may think it hurts but I, personally, want to scrub that dead skin off of my lips. And it does :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by daguerr

I felt like this lip scrub was an alright product. I mean what do you really expect for $3? This is the first lip scrub I utilize into my "skincare" regimen. It's better than using a toothbrush to buff the lips.
The lip scrub itself smells like coco butter, which doesn't bother me at all, and the scrub itself seems like brown sugar. Do not mind the rougher texture at all considering my lips are very drying. I do not recommend if you have sensitive lips. I can handle pain pretty well and consider this to be above average on the pain level.
It is decent enough to get the job done as long as you use a moisturizing lip balm afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OUCH! What the freak is happening with this stuff! This shiz hurts AND the more you use the more it hurts because the waxy protective coating gets used up leaving mostly the grainy and painful sandpaper-esque ingredients. Now before you go judging and saying I am a wimpy drama queen, lemmie tell ya I am not: I get some pretty hardcore acid and TCA peels all the time so face pain is not a biggie to me. I understand that pain is beauty but guess what? After all that this product didn't even really exfoliate very well.

I really do not recommend this product. If you want a good lip exfoliating treatment go with one from Bliss or Sarah Happ - while they are a bit expensive they work well and will last forever and a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product from Target for only $3 since they sold out onlineā€¦ and I love it. I'd always heard great things about it and so I had to try it for myself to find out what all the hype was about. I think this is a great form for a lip exfoliator. It's non messy, unlike many of the d.i.y. lip exfoliators I've made. The product itself smells and tastes like brown sugar. Once you break through the chapstick like surface of the lip exfoliator, you get to the gritty part. It honestly feels like a lip massage when you use this to exfoliate your lips, and your lips are left feeling smooth and soft once the dead skin is gone. Perfect to use in the winter when the weather causes dry, cracked lips. The packaging is pretty impressive too, considering this is so cheap. The tube is made of some sort of sleek looking metal. And for dirt cheap (only $3) I definitely recommend this product and will be repurchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by krmicmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite product made by E.L.F.

I get dry cracked lips in the winter, which are prone to cold sores. Using this every night has not only made my lips look better under lipstick, it has helped stave off the cold sores (from regular use). The price also cannot be beat!

I'm on my second tube, btw.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a nice lip exfoliator. The sugars in the product do a decent job exfoliating my lips but I find the smell of it too sickly sweet and strong. It has an intense chemically vanilla smell that refuses to go away and completely clashes with the smell of my actual lip colors. If you're not sensitive to strong smells, then this is a cheap and convenient lip exfoliator to toss in your purse on the go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by jjp7401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This makes my lipstick go on so much smoother. Can't beat the price. Definitely a good buy. Also, it smells great!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:39:00 AM More reviews by girlgeniuss

I couldn't get into the hype for this lip scrub. It felt like I was rubbing my lips with a rock. Not to mention it cracked my top lip enough for it to bleed. The key essential for any lip scrub is the ability to moisturize while exfoliating. This had no softness whatsoever, simply dry and hard grains. I found my holy grail when I switched to the Sugar Lip Polish by Fresh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

I'm giving this 3 lippies..I like this but don't love it.

This lip exfoliater is ok IMO I find its too gritty for my liking and can feel abrasive on my lips,my lips don't exactly feel super soft or smooth BUT for $3 its good enough.

My husband who occasionally gets super dry,cracked lips from working outside in the winter complained the Elf exfoliator made his lips feel numb!!!

I prefer my Mary Kay Satin lips exfoliator wich actually leaves my lips feeling smooth,soft and hydrated....I'd only get the Elf one again if I desperate at the time lol