Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

4.2

on 7/23/2013 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my perfect red lip color. It brightens my skin and the color is not too overpowering. What I love is that it is inexpensive, delivers long-lasting pigmented color, and it keeps my lips moisturized. What more could a girl ask for?

on 7/14/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful red shade. Probably the best/most wearable red that I own. The balm goes on smooth and lasts for a very long time. The only bad thing about these lip stains is that they settle into the cracks of your lips. If you keep reapplying it shouldn't be a problem, but don't be surprised if you look in the mirror and your lips have faded to just bright red in the cracks and the outer edges of the lips. Personally, I like the color so much that I'll just keep reapplying. I hope they come up with a better formula for the future, though!

on 6/21/2013 4:35:00 PM

I love these! It goes on easy and shows up well. They are also a great touch up stain. I also love that it's retractable and doesn't need to be sharpened!

on 6/13/2013 12:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like this line. It's a great way to wear a red without it shouting out at everyone. It's sheer-ish but still a strong color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I love this product! It is definitely not something a person would purchase if she wants that beautiful red color on the packaging on her lips. The color when it is applied is much lighter than what is seen in the tube, so you need to apply several coats to get the desired look. It is indeed a light coral, which may disappoint some customers. However, it is super easy to apply and glides on smoothly. It is moisturizing and is very easy to wear!

I would highly recommend it to perhaps pre-teens who have started to wear makeup, but can not wear bright lipsticks except to formal events. This may work if you just want a hint color on your lips, but do not quite want to wear a "true" lipstick. If you are looking for a very pigmented color and still want to have the product moisturizing your lips, I would suggest the Revlon lip butters. Good luck!

on 5/4/2013 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love the color and and texture. A perfectly casual, low maintenance way to wear a true red. The cap has come off in my purse (watch out!) but even so I adore it. Thinking of buying some extras to keep around!

on 5/3/2013 5:37:00 AM

I bought this because of the rave reviews I read here on makeup alley and I haven't been disappointed! It stays on for ages and doesn't rub off when you drink stuff. I love packaging (especially the cute chubby crayon and the twisting mechanism).
The bright red doesn't really match my skin-tone, and I'm more used to nude-peach shades so I'll definitely purchase again, but in a lighter colour.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

As other reviewers have stated, I expected this red to be more of a mac Russian red type than a tomato orange red shade. But i dont care because I love this color!! It automatically brightens up my face and looks great with a neutral winged eye. Formula is smooth and moisturizing. I love that it is in a pen form so it makes application easier. With this balm stain, I like to line my lips with mac's cherry lip liner, blot, and then apply this product. The formula has a slight sheen to it, which I think is absolutely gorgeous! Def would repurchase!! :)

on 4/18/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Don't buy this and expect a strong, power red like MAC Russian Red or Ruby Woo. This is more of a MAC See Sheer—a coral red that goes on balmy and smooth. Wearable for day time and so easy to use! Best of all, it's a red that doesn't bleed or feather out.

I thought it was a deep shade of red but it's not. It's sort of orangey and it doesn't last long. But what I like about it is it's moisturizing power. It doesn't dry my lips out. I just hope Revlon would reformulate this balm. The product isn't as red as the packaging.