November 23, 2014 | 2121 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by shinyshine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the color and and texture. A perfectly casual, low maintenance way to wear a true red. The cap has come off in my purse (watch out!) but even so I adore it. Thinking of buying some extras to keep around!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by lipstickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because of the rave reviews I read here on makeup alley and I haven't been disappointed! It stays on for ages and doesn't rub off when you drink stuff. I love packaging (especially the cute chubby crayon and the twisting mechanism).
The bright red doesn't really match my skin-tone, and I'm more used to nude-peach shades so I'll definitely purchase again, but in a lighter colour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As other reviewers have stated, I expected this red to be more of a mac Russian red type than a tomato orange red shade. But i dont care because I love this color!! It automatically brightens up my face and looks great with a neutral winged eye. Formula is smooth and moisturizing. I love that it is in a pen form so it makes application easier. With this balm stain, I like to line my lips with mac's cherry lip liner, blot, and then apply this product. The formula has a slight sheen to it, which I think is absolutely gorgeous! Def would repurchase!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't buy this and expect a strong, power red like MAC Russian Red or Ruby Woo. This is more of a MAC See Sheer—a coral red that goes on balmy and smooth. Wearable for day time and so easy to use! Best of all, it's a red that doesn't bleed or feather out.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by bunnyrabbitbites

I thought it was a deep shade of red but it's not. It's sort of orangey and it doesn't last long. But what I like about it is it's moisturizing power. It doesn't dry my lips out. I just hope Revlon would reformulate this balm. The product isn't as red as the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love this. The colour is a sheer red that I can wear out everywhere even just for casual looks which is great seen as red seems to be the only lip colour that suits me.
Doesn't last on the lips as long as I'd like but it's not drying so I don't mind reapplying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

This is a red that I was hoping would be fire engine, or cherry. On me it was tomato red with a more orange than blue tint.
The color didn't last long and the stain (which was a lighter shade) was just as fleeting. My lips were dryer out hours later thanks to the peppermint oil....Not very Romantic!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by zumishi

This is my favourite colour out of the Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain line. This is a very bright deep red. The stain lasts very long without having to touchup. I only needed to touch it up 2-3 times during a 12 hour span. This has a matte-ish finish with a little hit of gloss which is super nice. It's pretty moisturizing, doesn't dry out my lips. i have it in a few other colours too because I love it so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by wasabihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being really pale, I've always been told to stay away from orange toned lipsticks and stick to blue based reds. However, I fell in love with this one and it looks just fine on my skin (score!). If you're pale and looking to experiment with oranges and corals, you may want to give this one a go!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Jezah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This was not the color I was expecting. It is red, but it is quite sheer and has more of an orange undertone rather than a blue one. I am very pale and cool toned so orange toned red lips look a bit garish on me. I wish it was easier to layer as well, since it is so sheer it is hard to get the classic pin up red lip like I was hoping for. It is easy to apply however, and I have very full lips, but they are not very wide and have a deep cupids bow so a lipstick with a sharp point is a must and this lipbalm/stain with its crayon type design is perfect. It does stain your lips, however if you often run your lips together (bad habit I have) due to the wetter type nature of this balm/stain it will end up mainly staining the outsides of your lips leaving you with a unsightly ring. If you leave it alone and don't do too much with your lips for a hour or so it would probably set more evenly. Overall, this is not a BAD product, and I may purchase again if I wanted a more fun sheer red lip...it just was not what I was looking for.