Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.2

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation next to the colorstay liquid foundation. The cool thing for me at least, is that the shade for both product are the same. This whipped foundation is a medium to full coverage. It does not look cakey. The only thing I probably don't like about this is that it comes in a heavy glass jar because I tend to travel a lot and its not travel friendly. Also, the fact that it doesn't have SPF, but my moisturizer has SPF. Other than that, I really like this foundation and I will continue to buy it.

on 6/12/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros : 1) gives you complete coverage if you have acne scars & pimpls
2) last through the day
3) gives you a hint of glow without going too oily

Cons : 1) Jar type packaging. which i find less hygienic, i prefer foundations with pumps.
i find it hard scoop in using a jar, because you end up taking too much sometimes.
2) it MAY cause breakouts. especially if you live in a humid country + oily type of skin
3) feels abit heavy on your skin

on 6/4/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colorstay is one of my holy grail products and I love this version of it. It's a mousse and I find the color selection more neutral then the bottle. It takes a bit of practice to find the right amount of product to use. The texture of it makes you think you need more then what you actually do. I like to put a little on my finger tip (maybe the size of a dime) and put it on the back of my hand (so it gets a little warm) and then tap it on my face with my fingers followed by buffing it in with a real techniques expert face brush. It sounds like a lot of steps but I find that it really helps to minimize product overload. It doesn't set as fast as the liquid version but it can look just as cakey if you apply to much product. The longevity of this foundation is amazing like the liquid. It lasts about 5 to 6 hours on my oily skin without a primer and longer with a primer. It doesn't last as long as the liquid but it's pretty close. I do have pretty oily skin so it breaks it down a bit fast. It covers up redness and blemishes. You can make this a full coverage but I find that it doesn't set properly on oily skin ( it might work better on drier skin). The shade range numbers don't match the bottle version. I wear 200 nude in the bottle and 220 in the whipped. I find the whipped is more on the neutral tone and the 200 is more yellow. My concealers work awesome (for those gnarly blemishes) with this and cream blushes as well.

on 5/15/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Holy ish i love this foundation. Looks incredibly natural on my oily, dull complexion. I normally wear Revlon Colorstay in Oily/Combo but just find it too heavy on my face and still leaves my skin weird a weird shine to it. Colorstay whipped is definitely my HG as I can wear it all day (~8 hrs) without worrying about my face melting off. I initially bought true beige, but its a little too dark for me so might switch to natural beige. Also, it didn't break me out, hooray! The only minor complaint is the packaging like many others said. The glass jar looks expensive and nice, but its just too darn heavy. Overall though, go buy this foundation now!!!

on 5/14/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got a CP for this foundation seen as its not sold in Europe. I had high hopes for it I was looking for high coverage and something to last on my oily skin. I wasn't a fan of the original formula i found it very hard to work with, the color selection wasn't great and it looked like a mask when applied. This new whipped formula is so much easier to work with it feels like a mousse to me. And the Shade Buff matches me well , better than the shade buff in the original formula. Unfortunately it doesn't last well at all on my oily skin. I can see oil braking through after just an hour of wearing it. Very disappointed as i couldnt really wear this foundation for long at all as it just wont last on my skin.

on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation! It makes my skin smooth, flawless. I was using Revlon Color Stay prior to using this foundation. Revlon Color Stay made my skin breakout so bad - however, with this foundation my skin doesn't breakout at all. I highly recommend trying this product out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this product, it went on well and felt nice on my skin. It stayed pretty well for having oily skin but unfortunately it broke me out. I have tried other foundation from different brands and this is the first one that has caused acne. :(

on 5/3/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is great, easy to blend, natural feeling, love it!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup in 160 Rich Ginger & 340 Caramel, which are the two darkest shades available. Of course, Rich Ginger was too light & Caramel was too dark for me; ah, the lovely troubles of dark skin! I decided I'm going to wear Caramel until it's finished because I'd rather my foundation be a couple shades too dark than too light. There could (obviously) be a better variety for people with dark/black skin. Don't pick your shade based on the packaging for the reason that it isn't true to color.

Anyway, this foundation does last through the day & I love the semi-matte finish. For those of you w/ oily skin like me, it works best with a good primer. If you have oily or combination skin in general, it's a good makeup to try! Its thickness makes it easy to use because it doesn't run, spill, or streak. I just apply it with my fingers & smooth is out. I don't use a brush or makeup sponge since this spreads all over my face smoothly. The full coverage is perfect & blends into my skin quickly & evenly without a caked on look. This is one of my favorite foundations.

on 3/29/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Having oily and blemished skin, i'm always on a hunt for the best foundation that can last me throughout a day without smearing away. Too bad this isn't the one. When i first apply it with a damp sponge, the finish is amazing. Smooth and "porcelain" like. However, as the day progresses, my face starts to get oily, and when i tried to blot my face with a tissue, this thing transferred! Oh, and am i the only one who thinks that this product stinks? Every time i smell it, all i can smell is burnt plastic. Even when i apply it on my face. The smell doesn't last that long though. And yes, i have to agree with other reviewers that this product clings onto dry patched on my face too. Having so many youtubers raved about this product, i'm kinda bumped that this doesn't work for me.

Popular Crème Foundations