February 1, 2015 | 1634 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by rosyv

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This packaging is all about style over substance. A heavy glass jar holds very little product, is hopeless in your handbag, and is easily dropped (trust me I did it wrecking my basin, bench and floor tile). I have no idea if the product is good or not as it is now in the rubbish, along with the broken jar.

A tube just like the testers might not be as pretty but it would be way better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation next to the colorstay liquid foundation. The cool thing for me at least, is that the shade for both product are the same. This whipped foundation is a medium to full coverage. It does not look cakey. The only thing I probably don't like about this is that it comes in a heavy glass jar because I tend to travel a lot and its not travel friendly. Also, the fact that it doesn't have SPF, but my moisturizer has SPF. Other than that, I really like this foundation and I will continue to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by rosalini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros : 1) gives you complete coverage if you have acne scars & pimpls
2) last through the day
3) gives you a hint of glow without going too oily

Cons : 1) Jar type packaging. which i find less hygienic, i prefer foundations with pumps.
i find it hard scoop in using a jar, because you end up taking too much sometimes.
2) it MAY cause breakouts. especially if you live in a humid country + oily type of skin
3) feels abit heavy on your skin

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by allyson85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Colorstay is one of my holy grail products and I love this version of it. It's a mousse and I find the color selection more neutral then the bottle. It takes a bit of practice to find the right amount of product to use. The texture of it makes you think you need more then what you actually do. I like to put a little on my finger tip (maybe the size of a dime) and put it on the back of my hand (so it gets a little warm) and then tap it on my face with my fingers followed by buffing it in with a real techniques expert face brush. It sounds like a lot of steps but I find that it really helps to minimize product overload. It doesn't set as fast as the liquid version but it can look just as cakey if you apply to much product. The longevity of this foundation is amazing like the liquid. It lasts about 5 to 6 hours on my oily skin without a primer and longer with a primer. It doesn't last as long as the liquid but it's pretty close. I do have pretty oily skin so it breaks it down a bit fast. It covers up redness and blemishes. You can make this a full coverage but I find that it doesn't set properly on oily skin ( it might work better on drier skin). The shade range numbers don't match the bottle version. I wear 200 nude in the bottle and 220 in the whipped. I find the whipped is more on the neutral tone and the 200 is more yellow. My concealers work awesome (for those gnarly blemishes) with this and cream blushes as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by tresxunique

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy ish i love this foundation. Looks incredibly natural on my oily, dull complexion. I normally wear Revlon Colorstay in Oily/Combo but just find it too heavy on my face and still leaves my skin weird a weird shine to it. Colorstay whipped is definitely my HG as I can wear it all day (~8 hrs) without worrying about my face melting off. I initially bought true beige, but its a little too dark for me so might switch to natural beige. Also, it didn't break me out, hooray! The only minor complaint is the packaging like many others said. The glass jar looks expensive and nice, but its just too darn heavy. Overall though, go buy this foundation now!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a CP for this foundation seen as its not sold in Europe. I had high hopes for it I was looking for high coverage and something to last on my oily skin. I wasn't a fan of the original formula i found it very hard to work with, the color selection wasn't great and it looked like a mask when applied. This new whipped formula is so much easier to work with it feels like a mousse to me. And the Shade Buff matches me well , better than the shade buff in the original formula. Unfortunately it doesn't last well at all on my oily skin. I can see oil braking through after just an hour of wearing it. Very disappointed as i couldnt really wear this foundation for long at all as it just wont last on my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Emina85

I absolutely love this foundation! It makes my skin smooth, flawless. I was using Revlon Color Stay prior to using this foundation. Revlon Color Stay made my skin breakout so bad - however, with this foundation my skin doesn't breakout at all. I highly recommend trying this product out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by flowersfromaghost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, it went on well and felt nice on my skin. It stayed pretty well for having oily skin but unfortunately it broke me out. I have tried other foundation from different brands and this is the first one that has caused acne. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great, easy to blend, natural feeling, love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have this in the two darkest shades, 160 Rich Ginger & 340 Caramel. I found the Rich Ginger to be a little too light & Caramel to be a little too dark - ah, the lovely troubles of having dark skin! I figured I'll just use the Caramel until it's finished because I'd rather a foundation be a little too dark than a little too light. In general, there could (obviously) be better variety for people with dark/black skin. When it comes to selecting your shade, definitely be sure & don't just pick up the jar because it looks right. The actual product is nothing like what it looks like on the outside; the true colour is hard to see!

Conversely, this foundation lasts though the day & sets somewhat matte. For those with oily skin like mine, it works best with a good primer. I recommend those with oily or combination skin to give it a try. Colorstay Whipped is thick & easy to use. I like that it's a creme because it doesn't run or spill.

I simply apply it with my fingers & smooth it out; I don't use a brush or sponge because it spreads & smooths easily without streaking. I enjoy the full coverage & that it blends into my skin quickly & evenly. It's one of my favourite foundations!