Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.1

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 7/26/2013 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know many love this foundation, but I just couldn't make it work for me.

I'm NC20-25, pretty yellow. I knew Buff (150) was yellow, but that it was for NC15-20. Sand Beige (200) seemed to be much more neutral/beige/pink, and I've seen it for NC20-25 or just NC25. I randomly came across Natural Ochre (180) on Target's website, which you can only get online. After doing some research, I realized this might be the best color for me. Indeed, it does seem to be a good "general Asian" shade. That is, light and rather yellow. I would put it at NC20-25, not really NC20, but not really NC25 either. Imo, it is closer to NC20, though an NC25 could wear it. I didn't notice any color change, as it never oxidized on me.

In terms of consistency, I thought this formula felt a bit thick. It wasn't heavy on my skin, but it wasn't as light as I thought it would be. Personally, I just found it so hard to work with. It would accentuate every dry patch on my face -- even ones I didn't know existed. A damp BB didn't help and I've exfoliated beforehand, but nothing seems to do it. To be fair, I have dehydrated skin, and others don't have my problem. In addition, I've always used it under Shisiedo's Urban Enviro cream, which might be making my cheeks a bit more flaky.
I also found that this foundation never quite dried down. It always felt a little moist/sticky on my skin. The good thing is that it had some pretty good coverage. I wouldn't say it is a solid full, but it comes pretty close.

I can't really say anything about oil control or lasting powder since I haven't found a good way to wear this, but I will update if I do figure it out.

on 7/1/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my HG foundations. The first time I wore this, I was surprised at how good it looked at the end of the day. I have oily skin and range between NC30-35 with olive/yellow undertones and the color I use is 320 Warm Golden which is a perfect match. I love how matte it looks even without a setting power and that it lasts all day. The formula is more of a 'whipped' formula than a cream foundation. The only thing I dislike is that packaging-way too bulky and heavy for something that has less than 1 fluid oz. The packaging could be smaller and more convenient for travel/use. Overall, a great foundation I'd repurchase again and again.

on 6/30/2013 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Im NC15 with olive undertones. I have oily skin with imperfections. I wear the color BUFF. Ivory is way too pink and light. Buff is a tad to light but I just set it with some bronzer. I usually wear Estee lauder double wear. I was searching for a foundation with the same long-lasting formula but not as thick. Revlon whipped is lighter in coverage and feels lighter on the skin. Its not as dry as ELDW which is good and bad. ELDW sets and does not budge or transfer. Whipped transfer. Ever if I set it with powder :/ But whipped looks more natural. I have rather oily skin, and I work in an office with AC in front of a computerscreen. My skin hates computers :P and it fights back by getting oily after lunch. This is my routine every morning: Biore face milk spf 50, murad oil control mattifyer, mac prep and prime spf 50 (old formula) and after foundation I use mac blot powder and UD setting spray. When I use eldw, I dont have to touch up. But When I use whipped I have to blot and powder after lunchtime. But I really like how this looks on the skin, its natural and a bit dewy. It has great coverage too. The packaging sucks.. The lid broke after the 2nd use. So I transferred it into a platic jar with a better lid.

on 6/24/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This packaging is all about style over substance. A heavy glass jar holds very little product, is hopeless in your handbag, and is easily dropped (trust me I did it wrecking my basin, bench and floor tile). I have no idea if the product is good or not as it is now in the rubbish, along with the broken jar.

A tube just like the testers might not be as pretty but it would be way better.

on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation next to the colorstay liquid foundation. The cool thing for me at least, is that the shade for both product are the same. This whipped foundation is a medium to full coverage. It does not look cakey. The only thing I probably don't like about this is that it comes in a heavy glass jar because I tend to travel a lot and its not travel friendly. Also, the fact that it doesn't have SPF, but my moisturizer has SPF. Other than that, I really like this foundation and I will continue to buy it.

on 6/12/2013 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros : 1) gives you complete coverage if you have acne scars & pimpls
2) last through the day
3) gives you a hint of glow without going too oily

Cons : 1) Jar type packaging. which i find less hygienic, i prefer foundations with pumps.
i find it hard scoop in using a jar, because you end up taking too much sometimes.
2) it MAY cause breakouts. especially if you live in a humid country + oily type of skin
3) feels abit heavy on your skin

on 6/4/2013 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colorstay is one of my holy grail products and I love this version of it. It's a mousse and I find the color selection more neutral then the bottle. It takes a bit of practice to find the right amount of product to use. The texture of it makes you think you need more then what you actually do. I like to put a little on my finger tip (maybe the size of a dime) and put it on the back of my hand (so it gets a little warm) and then tap it on my face with my fingers followed by buffing it in with a real techniques expert face brush. It sounds like a lot of steps but I find that it really helps to minimize product overload. It doesn't set as fast as the liquid version but it can look just as cakey if you apply to much product. The longevity of this foundation is amazing like the liquid. It lasts about 5 to 6 hours on my oily skin without a primer and longer with a primer. It doesn't last as long as the liquid but it's pretty close. I do have pretty oily skin so it breaks it down a bit fast. It covers up redness and blemishes. You can make this a full coverage but I find that it doesn't set properly on oily skin ( it might work better on drier skin). The shade range numbers don't match the bottle version. I wear 200 nude in the bottle and 220 in the whipped. I find the whipped is more on the neutral tone and the 200 is more yellow. My concealers work awesome (for those gnarly blemishes) with this and cream blushes as well.

on 5/15/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Holy ish i love this foundation. Looks incredibly natural on my oily, dull complexion. I normally wear Revlon Colorstay in Oily/Combo but just find it too heavy on my face and still leaves my skin weird a weird shine to it. Colorstay whipped is definitely my HG as I can wear it all day (~8 hrs) without worrying about my face melting off. I initially bought true beige, but its a little too dark for me so might switch to natural beige. Also, it didn't break me out, hooray! The only minor complaint is the packaging like many others said. The glass jar looks expensive and nice, but its just too darn heavy. Overall though, go buy this foundation now!!!

on 5/14/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got a CP for this foundation seen as its not sold in Europe. I had high hopes for it I was looking for high coverage and something to last on my oily skin. I wasn't a fan of the original formula i found it very hard to work with, the color selection wasn't great and it looked like a mask when applied. This new whipped formula is so much easier to work with it feels like a mousse to me. And the Shade Buff matches me well , better than the shade buff in the original formula. Unfortunately it doesn't last well at all on my oily skin. I can see oil braking through after just an hour of wearing it. Very disappointed as i couldnt really wear this foundation for long at all as it just wont last on my skin.

on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation! It makes my skin smooth, flawless. I was using Revlon Color Stay prior to using this foundation. Revlon Color Stay made my skin breakout so bad - however, with this foundation my skin doesn't breakout at all. I highly recommend trying this product out.