April 16, 2014 | 2079 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I was pretty impressed with this overall. Good coverage and easy to blend, and with primer + setting spray (which I use for all foundations), lasts all day without becoming an oil slick on my face. I like the consistency as well, which is thick and creamy, but not greasy. Dries quite fast, so I tend to use it on sections of my face at a time. The edges don't look weird when I blend it all together, either.

My only complaint is the packaging--super huge and heavy for no reason, and not hygienic at all. I have to dip my fingers in it multiple times due to the fast-drying issue, so I feel like I'm putting bacteria in every time.

Great foundation overall, especially if you've got oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by yechanhohyun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this foundation, and I'd love it even more if it didn't break me out. It's nice and smooth and has very good coverage. I have super oily skin, and it keeps me matte much longer than any other foundation I've used, and that's the thing I love most about it. However, it really breaks me out. I tried to ignore it at first since I love it so much, but I had to give my skin a break. I would use it everyday if it didn't break me out. That's the only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it. If you don't have sensitive or acne-prone skin, I'd really recommend it, especially if you have problems with getting oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveeeee this foundation!!!! Well i used to use the original colorstay liquid foundation and it did good on my face also but i love this one better! I have oily acne-prone skin and it's hard to find the right foundie for me since i need one that will cover all of my acne scars and redness, also can hold up to my oiliness. This one did well! :D
I heard there are 12 shades to choose from but sadly there are only 4 color shades available in my country (Indonesia) :( and none of them really match my skin tone, i have yellow undertone and light skin. The SA suggested for ivory but the last time i bought the colorstay liquid foundation was in ivory and it was too light. But the shade that comes after that which is sand-beige (the sa said so) is too dark for my skin. So i picked ivory instead beause i don't want my face to look dull because of the darker shade foundation. But ivory makes my face kinda look pale. But maybe if i set it with darker powder it will get my color match. None of the revlon foundation really match my skin tone. Ever.
It has bouncy whipped texture, very thick. I use my finger to apply it on my face but it didn't do really well, so i decided to use the stippling brush and i think it's the best way to blend it :D it blends easily and doesn't cake my face. I only need a bit amount of it to cover my face, all of my imperfection. It hides it all. Except if you have severe acne or breakouts you'll need concealer or simply just add more of the foundation on your face it will do. So i would say it's medium to full coverage. Use stippling brush to have that full coverage finish.
The result is beautiful. Not too dewy yet not too matte. It looks natural. I got compliments today when i first wear it.
I have oily skin and after 6 hours my nose is already oily but it doesn't slide off and doesn't really show the oiliness. But after some time longer it still look good on me though.
Oh and it got salicylic acid in the ingredients which is good for acne. So it won't cause severe breakouts.
For now this is my HG. Definitely a keeper. It really worth the price. I've been using high ends foundation but none of them really satisfy me (they're really pricey to begin with), this drugstore product really worth the $17 :) i really recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off I just want to say do not be fooled by the packaging! I purchased this at Ulta and the girl helped me find a shade right for me because I couldn't remember what my shade was. She based it off of the color we saw on the outside of the jar and that was very misleading! It looks much lighter on the outside. I believe this foundation is great; just not for my oily skin. I believe this would be great for someone with drier skin. I'm used to my revlon colorstay which is specifically for my skin. It goes on great, I just felt I was oilier by the end of the day. The only reason I wouldn't buy again is only because I don't think it's suitable for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TaraJ12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
-Love the coverage of this foundation, very buildable and works well with a matte powder layer on top too!

-Although not necessarily a full 24 hours, the staying power it has is really extensive, which I like.

-My skin still looks decent over a long period of time, and that's saying a lot for someone who has an oily T-Zone. It doesn't have a completely matte finish but my skin looks refreshing, youthful, and only slightly dewy over a period of 8-10 hours.

-The creme itself is kind of cool, after you take a little product out of the pot, the indents from where you took product settle back into a smooth layer after a few minutes.

CONS:

-Price is expensive, at least for my college student finances. I mean I suppose it's worth it (this is the best "liquid" foundation I've tried for my skin) but I feel as if you're not getting enough product for the price.

- The glass jar thing is unnecessary. It looks pretty, but I think functionality should be considered here.

- I've heard that for warmer skin tones, the colors don't always match up well. Perhaps they should make their shade selection more extensive in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

THE GOOD:

This foundation has awesome coverage and staying power. I've taken it through very cold and very hot days, and it didn't fade or melt off my oily skin. It doesn't dry as matte or powdery as the original Revlon Colorstay oily line looks, although it's not dewy, either. It is still high coverage and can look slightly mask-like if you don't blend it out well enough, so if that's not your cup of tea, I'd skip this foundation. (This stuff is awesome against acne scars or redness in general!)

The heavy glass tub packaging is both beautiful and annoying because you have to scoop the foundation out of the tub with a spatula or your finger. An easy solution is to get a cheap airless pump and transfer the foundation into it. The formula feels more like a gel than "whipped", which I like! It applies easily with fingers, brushes and a sponge, although my favorite is a damp Beauty Blender.

THE BAD:

If you have strong yellow or warm undertones, there will not be a good match for you in this line. I am very warm NC25/30 (Golden Beige is a decent but not-quite-warm-enough shade for me in the original Colorstay Oily/Combo line) and the closest I can get in the Whipped line is Medium Beige, which starts out too light on my skin and oxidizes orange. I've tried mixing it with various other foundations and it still makes all of them look orange by the end of the day, which is not flattering. I'll have to stray back to the oily/combo liquid Colorstay because the color selection in this line just annoys me.

Also, I THINK this breaks me out in cystic acne after a few times of use. I don't break out from the original Colorstay, although I've heard of people having the vice versa experience (breaking out from the original Colorstay but not breaking out from the whipped version). As always, YMMV - your skin may like this formula better than mine.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by VanRaamsdonk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Finish: For my oily skin, the finish is demi-matte. I absolutely LOVE the finish of it! It looks natural. One thing that should be noted is that if you have dry patches on your face or flakies from a Retin-A or other chemical exfoliant regimen, this fdtn may enhance that

Coverage: Medium to full, buildable. I love the coverage. It evens out my tone unevenness just right, without looking unnatural (mask like). When I'm out at night, I can build up the coverage to get more of a flawless, airbrushed look

Wear: Very long lasting- I'd say I get about 12 hours of wear with this, possibly more. I'm oily, so long wearing foundations are a must for me. No transferring either. Also, it removes easily- that's one thing you won't get with most other long wearing fdtns. My current routine to remove my CS Whipped is to use Pond's Night Calming Makeup Removing Wipes, followed by Mario Badescu Botanical Gel Cleanser. Not a trace is left behind. Extra bonus: Revlon Whipped contains salicylic acid- YAY for us acne prone people! I've never broken out using this fdtn; if anything, wearing this fdtn, versus others, has improved my skin

Application: I've tried the Beauty Blender sponge, my Sephora mineral powder kabuki, and Sigma F80 & F84 Kabuki brushes. The brushes seem to 'eat' the fdtn up and move it around in an odd fashion (the fdtn is not the right consistency for these types of brushes, IMO). My FAVORITE way of applying CS Whipped is with my fingers. It seriously spreads like silk. It almost feels like silk, actually. I have never encountered a fdtn that blended so FLAWLESSLY like this does. It also isn't one of those super fast drying fdtns you have to rush to blend before it sets- you can take your time blending

Price: $13 USD, which is expensive for a drug store fdtn, but it performs like a high end fdtn

Shade Selection: This is the major con (in my opinion)- while there is a decent amount of shades, there is only one or two yellow toned shades in the entire collection! The rest are pink toned, but mainly beige; I'm MAC NC25 for reference and the closest I can get to a shade match is 300 Warm Golden. I mix it with my ELDW in 2W1 Rattan (just a smidgeon) to get some more yellow tones to it

Packaging: Luxurious glass jar packaging; reminiscent of Chanel packaging, so it looks pretty on your vanity, however it's not really practical for travel (good thing I don't travel much); I wash my hands like no other before applying makeup so the fact that I put my fingers in it to get product does not bother me- this will be a deal breaker for some, though

Scent: There's a slight scent but NOTHING like the original CS; the scent is neutral (not good or bad) and don't notice it once it's on my face

Overall: This is an excellent foundation, but Revlon SERIOUSLY needs to step up their game with the undertones of their fdtns. Quit giving us all GREIGES and expecting it to 'just work' for everyone. I would pay more for it if I could get a better shade match. Perhaps Revlon should incorporate MAC's system of undertones (warm and cool, but not leaving out the neutral people either). This would get a 5 lippie rating, but because of the one-size-fits-all undertones, it will get 4 lippies from me

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by loverofautumn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Color selection good for drugstore brand. Product is not suitable for oily/acne prone skin, the cones in the product help it slide onto the skin and doesn't prevent it from transferring to everything else. I bought three in different colors and all three had lids that became stripped with normal wear. This really makes me wonder what is in this product to make plastic brittle. I am using normal pressure in turning and loosening the lid. I worked for a cosmetic counter. So if you are looking for a foundation that stays put,doesn't clog pores, and actually stays on...go to Lancome. I don't work for them but I do wear foundations that cost a little but more than Revlon...but for what you are paying for this...you could invest In a better foundation with help. This was not worth the high price at the drugstore in my experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by emilysoo69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin: NC20-25, Acne-Prone and VERY Oily

I thought my hg foundation was the original liquid formula of revlon colorstay, because i loved the medium-full coverage it gives me, the lasting power and oil control. After hearing all the good reviews I picked up this foundation in Sand Beige (same shade as the original), which matches my skin, although the undertones are more neutral than yellow but nothing a powder and bronzer can't fix.
This foundation surprisingly controlled my oil even better than the liquid version did! I usually have to blot my face every 2 hours and with this one I only had to blot once the entire day! I was VERY impressed!!! :D
Also, I have to mention that the formula is so much more comfortable to wear, and easier to blend. It doesn't dry as fast and it looks more natural on my face. Keeps my face looking flawless and looks great from the moment I put it on until I take it off at night. I am very glad I got this foundation because it is now my new favorite!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by cccchloe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I prefer the original Colorstay to this a million times over. This feels like I'm spreading clay mixed with chalk all over my face, even though I tried to use a very tiny amount. And yes, the colors are also lighter than the original. The liquid Colorstay can be sheered out with a Beauty Blender or built up to full coverage and is much less siliconey feeling. I just did not care for this stuff. It also leaves a very dry look to the skin, like the skin is dehydrated, thirsty and dead, whereas the original liquid just has a regular soft matte look. I would only wear this again if I had absolutely nothing else to use, which is probably not going to happen. It's a pass for me. If you want a fabulous long lasting full coverage foundation with an amazing shade range, try Estee Lauder Double Wear. Nothing beats it. Or else the regular Colorstay can be almost as good if you can find a suitable shade for your skin tone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No