October 23, 2014 | 1134 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a CP for this foundation seen as its not sold in Europe. I had high hopes for it I was looking for high coverage and something to last on my oily skin. I wasn't a fan of the original formula i found it very hard to work with, the color selection wasn't great and it looked like a mask when applied. This new whipped formula is so much easier to work with it feels like a mousse to me. And the Shade Buff matches me well , better than the shade buff in the original formula. Unfortunately it doesn't last well at all on my oily skin. I can see oil braking through after just an hour of wearing it. Very disappointed as i couldnt really wear this foundation for long at all as it just wont last on my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Emina85

I absolutely love this foundation! It makes my skin smooth, flawless. I was using Revlon Color Stay prior to using this foundation. Revlon Color Stay made my skin breakout so bad - however, with this foundation my skin doesn't breakout at all. I highly recommend trying this product out.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by flowersfromaghost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, it went on well and felt nice on my skin. It stayed pretty well for having oily skin but unfortunately it broke me out. I have tried other foundation from different brands and this is the first one that has caused acne. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great, easy to blend, natural feeling, love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have this in the two darkest shades, 160 Rich Ginger & 340 Caramel. I found the Rich Ginger to be a little too light & Caramel to be a little too dark - ah, the lovely troubles of having dark skin! I figured I'll just use the Caramel until it's finished because I'd rather a foundation be a little too dark than a little too light. In general, there could (obviously) be better variety for people with dark/black skin. When it comes to selecting your shade, definitely be sure & don't just pick up the jar because it looks right. The actual product is nothing like what it looks like on the outside; the true colour is hard to see!

Conversely, this foundation lasts though the day & sets somewhat matte. For those with oily skin like mine, it works best with a good primer. I recommend those with oily or combination skin to give it a try. Colorstay Whipped is thick & easy to use. I like that it's a creme because it doesn't run or spill.

I simply apply it with my fingers & smooth it out; I don't use a brush or sponge because it spreads & smooths easily without streaking. I enjoy the full coverage & that it blends into my skin quickly & evenly. It's one of my favourite foundations!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by xsimplify

Having oily and blemished skin, i'm always on a hunt for the best foundation that can last me throughout a day without smearing away. Too bad this isn't the one. When i first apply it with a damp sponge, the finish is amazing. Smooth and "porcelain" like. However, as the day progresses, my face starts to get oily, and when i tried to blot my face with a tissue, this thing transferred! Oh, and am i the only one who thinks that this product stinks? Every time i smell it, all i can smell is burnt plastic. Even when i apply it on my face. The smell doesn't last that long though. And yes, i have to agree with other reviewers that this product clings onto dry patched on my face too. Having so many youtubers raved about this product, i'm kinda bumped that this doesn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmic007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Naahhh...I wanted to like this based on all the youtube hype, but I found it made my oily skin feel like I applied a stick of butter to it. It's true that a little goes a long way- I applied a very small amount and after blending found it felt extremely heavy and I felt almost like my skin was suffocating. I checked the ingredient list, and dimethicone was the FIRST one listed. It's been said that the 'cones form a barrier on top of the skin (like sealing it with plastic wrap) essentially trapping the oil in the skin (which can lead to breakouts, blackheads, etc.) I prefer a foundation that lets my skin "breathe", and allows the oil come to the surface to be absorbed, rather than trapped inside. Also, the plastic scent was so strong that I could not tolerate it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Annajadee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation because it was new to the colorstay line and I love the original Revlon colorstay. First off the packaging i actually really love! some people don't like it saying that its to bulky but i think it makes it look really expensive and i find it easy to use then all of the products in a tall glass bottle.

If i was to compare this to the original colorstay it definitely does not have the same coverage although it is buildable i find its really only medium. It doesn't cover dark spots or scars so be prepare to use concealer. It gives more of a semi matte finish and the consistency reminds me of thick pudding but it definitely feels quiet light on your face.The lasting power is pretty good about 8 hours and i do agree it looks better as you wear it throughout the day.

This is great for oily skin, if you have dry patches it might stick to them so i would advise you to where a good primer. The shades are not very good. Very hard to see through the glass and once you look inside its completely different to when you swatch it. I decided to go with sand beige which is the 3rd lightest color and thought if it was too light i would warm it up with bronzer.But it turned out to be a little darker than i expected and suited my skin tone okay its a neutral medium tone so for people who are more fair it would be hard to find a good shade especially for some of the darker skin tones aswell. Also it has a weird plant smell to it no one has said anything about it but you can really tell.

Overall if your looking for something light-medium coverage, up to 8 hours wear,oily skin, light weight feeling then this foundation is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lncushin

I've been using Make Up Forever Mat Velvet + foundation for quite a while (shade 20-30 generally) and I have to say I am SO happy to find a cheaper foundation. I was getting pretty fed up with the super-matte finish of the MUFE foundation, and this foundation gives a bit more of a satin finish. One huge complaint I have is the packaging. It is incredibly difficult to find your shade - I ended up picking Sand Beige which is a little bit too dark for me. Beware, the color will not be the same as you see it through the thick glass and I would recommend purchasing somewhere you will be able to return after opening.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great foundation. Applies smoothly and has a good amount of coverage. I never was a fan of the original Colorstay but this is so different. It's as 'natural' as a foundation can look on my skin. Never looks cakey on me as I only apply a thin layer, though it still covers what I want it to. You get less product that other foundations but its such a good foundation I will still repurchase nonetheless. My only gripe is that they don't have many yellow based shades. I wear sand beige which is a great match for my skin but I can tell it needs to have more yellow tones to be absolutely perfect - so strong yellow undertoned ladies beware. Probably my favourite foundation ever. Highly recommended!