Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.1

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First off I want to say this is a very nice foundation. Having said that I'd really like to address the problem most people seem to have with using their fingers. I 'm in my fifties, been there done that. I've tried many many foundations and tools in my lifetime. I find that sponges are just okay. Brushes tend to just push the makeup around your face. There is no better tool than your fingers. I almost never have breakouts. I wash my face thoroughly everynight. It should not be an issue using your fingers (concerning bacteria) unless you are digging a ditch or working in a sewer with your bare hands and then putting on makeup. If your face and hands are clean, you should not have a problem. Women have spent years listening to the hype that people who are trying to sell you makeup have been spouting "my makeup is more sanitary because it comes in a pump bottle". Honestly they are just trying to sell you their product. We need to be more consumer concious. The only tool you can use with this product is your fingers. I've never had a breakout with this foundation. Very little goes a long way. Gives wonderful coverage. Has great staying power and doesn't settle in fine lines or pores. Please lets get off this hangup we have about using our fingers. Our fingers are our friends! LOL

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried the Revlon Colorstay Liquid foundation, but this creme foundations is much better! I have oily skin, but as the weather gets colder, my skin does become more dry. So I just put on a light moisterizer, primer, then foundation! My skin looks so smooth and set! It also looks super natural..all my friends didnt know I was wearing makeup ;) The only downside is that the packaging sucks..the inside of the lid broke, now I can't twist it tight. But a little bit of product does go a long way!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have this foundation in the color buff and its a perfect seamless match for my slimline. Its been a battle trying to find that in itself. This foundation has the texture of pudding..I have very oily acne prone skin. Though it didn't cause me to break out it only controls my oil for about four.hours till I need to blot. I have lots of red spots on my face and purple/red acne scars all along my jaw line and let me tell you lol when I solly this foundation I don't even need concealer!! I just fan a little extra on my problem areas and im good to go! I feel like this foundation is so close to my HG that I will repurchase. I just wish oil control was a teeny bit better.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am about 2/3 through my second jar of Colorstay Whipped in the shade 220 Nude.
This is a nice, full coverage cream foundation that works great for oily/combination skin :) It doesn't look cakey or fake.

It has a true matte finish and does help control oil to an extent. I still use a powder and blot throughout the day but those with less oily skin probably won't have to. This foundation has great staying power; I would especially recommend it if you live in a hot climate.

The price is not bad, I paid 10.99 USD at Walgreens.

I took one lippie off for the atrocious packaging! It is bulky, unhygienic, terrible for traveling, and its not very user friendly unless you are using a spatula or a traditional foundation brush.

Although this is a very good foundation, I don't think I would repurchase it again because I feel like there are better options out there for drugstore foundations that may work better without the hassle of bad packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My new HG foundation for my oily skin. This is even better than the mineral foundation I was previously using. This is everything I wished Revlon Colorstay Liquid was.

Pros:

- Great color match: buff for an NC 15
- Ideal for oily to very oily skin types
- Full coverage; doubles as concealer
- Doesn't crease around eyes
- Controls oil & excess shine
- Semi matte natural finish
- Sets well even without powder
- Long-lasting
- Transfer-resistant
- Whipped texture

Cons:

- Dries somewhat quickly
- On the pricey side
- Jar packaging may be unhygienic
- Requires makeup remover for removal

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

* ABOUT MY SKIN *
My skin is very oily but easily dehydrated. My t-zone tends to be an oil slick but I can get flaky around the nose/forehead. I scar easily and have very dark acne scars, mostly on my chin area. I am Asian with very yellow undertones. My colour in MAC's Studio Fix Fluid is NC35 and in the powder, C4.

* PACKAGING & PRICE *
Colorstay Whipped comes in a surprisingly heavy, round glass jar. It has a black plastic lid and a plastic "stopper" inside to prevent product from going everywhere. It looks nice and chic on your vanity but some people may have an issue with the hygiene aspect of using a jar. You can find this at Wal-Mart and most drugstores and the price runs between $16 - $18 CAD. It comes in 12 shades. I dislike the packaging because a) I'm a huge klutz and I'm waiting for the inevitable moment where I drop it b) the testers are always in a tube, so I'm certain this formula would be absolutely fine in a tube c) it's annoying to travel with because the foundation will get all over the top of the container if it's not sitting completely flat. Please note that if you are trying to pick your colour in store, it will be difficult. The colours all look the same through the glass because it's so thick and it does not reflect the true colour very well.

* FORMULA, APPLICATION & COLOUR *
This is a very thick foundation that doesn't really seem all that "whipped" to me. It has a bouncy, dense, gel like consistency that reminds me of pudding. If you dab your finger in it and scoop some product out, the foundation will settle in after a bit where the scoop was taken out and will look brand new and flat again. It smells kind of rubbery (?) to me but the scent goes away quickly. This applies wonderfully with a brush, and I use my Sigma F80 with it most often. It doesn't dry super fast, but it also doesn't seem to ever set or dry down completely, which is a non-issue since I always powder. I initially purchased this in the Warm Golden shade. While it is a decent match, it is a little light and probably better suited to an NC30 skintone. I ended up buying the Natural Tan colour and it is a MUCH better match. While both of these colours are supposed to have yellow undertones, they're both neutral IMO. I would obviously prefer them to be MORE yellow but better neutral than excessively pink, and it looks fine in glaring sunlight which is all that matters to me. It has never oxidized on me no matter what I've worn underneath. I have noticed that if there are any dry or scaly patches on my skin, this actually DOES emphasize those, so I make sure to moisturize well. Also, less seems to be more with this foundation. I initially overapplied and hated the finish/feel on my skin but now I just apply a very small amount at a time so I can get the most natural finish possible and so it doesn't feel heavy on my skin.

* COVERAGE & STAYING POWER *
To me, this foundation is a solid medium coverage but it can easily be built to full coverage. Keep in mind that I use a dense flat top brush to apply so coverage may differ slightly depending on your application method. I apply a little bit at a time and build it up where I need to. It easily covers the redness around my nose/cheeks and covers fading scars very well. It can also be built up to cover very red acne in certain areas, and I've used it with a smaller concealer brush as well. I do need concealer for some darker hyperpigmentation on my chin, but I've had to do that with every foundation I've tried so it's not a huge deal. I also love that it's not overly matte or flat. On my skin, it's almost a satiny matte with enough sheen to make it your skin look like... well, skin. The staying power is what really makes me love this foundation. I have incredibly oily skin that eats through most foundations and I figured that CS Whipped would NOT last on my skin being a creamy, not-super-matte foundation. Boy, was I wrong! I have literally worn this for 24 hours (yikes!) with no issues. This is the ONLY foundation I've tried so far that stays on my face with minimal or no touch ups. I wore this to a 2 day outdoor music festival recently in the middle of the humid summer here in Toronto and this held up ridiculously well. I didn't even bother blotting. The odd thing is, if you blot, oil will be on your blotting sheet BUT your face will not look oily at all. I have been wearing this all summer and loving it, I don't have to worry that I look like a greaseball in the middle of the day which is so unusual for me!

* FINAL THOUGHTS *
I am in LOVE with this foundation. I don't care for the packaging but it's worth dealing with it just for the incredible staying power, good coverage and lovely finish. It has never irritated my skin and it also photographs nicely. Revlon's shade range isn't huge but it is decent. I HIGHLY recommend this for very oily, or oily/combo skin. I think it would be nice on normal or even drier skins as long as you moisturize well beforehand. For those of you who have very yellow (like me) or even olivey skintones, the match won't be 100% perfect, but it's certainly workable. This is just an excellent foundation for those who are looking for a very longwearing foundation with a natural finish.

UPDATE June 2014: This is the foundation I use most often still and I love it. I'm on my 5th jar now! I have noticed that I need to use the Natural Tan colour in the summer. I do not tan my face but the rest of my body does tan so Warm Golden is a little too light to match the rest of my body. Still amazing, and I still highly recommend it! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using the regular liquid Revlon 24hr for a while now. I didn't like that it was heavy and kind of hard to apply almost like a paint, but I love the staying power as I have oily skin and MOST foundations melt right off. I saw the whipped formula, and it applies much better. It has satin consistency and smooths well over face, and is easier to work with.

PROS: Excellent staying power, buildable coverage, creamy texture when applying, doesn't break me out.

CONS: Packaging (The inner ring on the plastic lid cracked and now it doesn't close). Can be kind of cakey and chalky looking, and settles in to pores unlike other foundations.

I gave this a 3 because while it's the best foundation you can find for staying power, and has decent coverage, it doesn't look very smooth or flawless, but it looks great at a distance, just up close it looks kind of like paint is on my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this foundation after reading some positive reviews and I am very happy with it so far. I got the shade 220 nude and it matched my nc20 skin pretty good. I have oily and sensitive skin and this didn't cause any breakouts. The coverage is medium-full and has a matte finish which I really liked. I wore this to work and it stayed matte and didn't allow oil on my t-zones to shine through. Such a great value and will continue to use!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

nc-40=natural tan. Yes perfect match. I have oily skin. This works wonders. Keeps me matte plus+8 hours a day. Use my real techniques brush. Flawless !

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know many love this foundation, but I just couldn't make it work for me.

I'm NC20-25, pretty yellow. I knew Buff (150) was yellow, but that it was for NC15-20. Sand Beige (200) seemed to be much more neutral/beige/pink, and I've seen it for NC20-25 or just NC25. I randomly came across Natural Ochre (180) on Target's website, which you can only get online. After doing some research, I realized this might be the best color for me. Indeed, it does seem to be a good "general Asian" shade. That is, light and rather yellow. I would put it at NC20-25, not really NC20, but not really NC25 either. Imo, it is closer to NC20, though an NC25 could wear it. I didn't notice any color change, as it never oxidized on me.

In terms of consistency, I thought this formula felt a bit thick. It wasn't heavy on my skin, but it wasn't as light as I thought it would be. Personally, I just found it so hard to work with. It would accentuate every dry patch on my face -- even ones I didn't know existed. A damp BB didn't help and I've exfoliated beforehand, but nothing seems to do it. To be fair, I have dehydrated skin, and others don't have my problem. In addition, I've always used it under Shisiedo's Urban Enviro cream, which might be making my cheeks a bit more flaky.
I also found that this foundation never quite dried down. It always felt a little moist/sticky on my skin. The good thing is that it had some pretty good coverage. I wouldn't say it is a solid full, but it comes pretty close.

I can't really say anything about oil control or lasting powder since I haven't found a good way to wear this, but I will update if I do figure it out.