August 23, 2014 | 1852 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by lkeeney1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised at how much I like this product. I'm always a little iffy towards drugstore lipsticks, but I had tried and loved the Revlon Lip Butters and was hearing good things about the Just Bitten Kissable Stains, so I thought I'd give them a try. I first bought the Lovesick shade (Emma Stone wears it in the ad, and I have similar coloring) and while I liked it, I didn't think it lived up to the hype. It was a bit drying, so I always made sure to use some Burt's Bees beforehand, the color didn't last as long as I hoped, and (maybe I'm a bit dense) I thought it was kind of hard to apply.

But then I decided to try it in this shade, Crush, because I love the berry hue. And I actually really like it. The color is so pretty it makes up for all it's shortcomings. It's just such a nice, easily chic shade, I'd recommend if you normally like neutrals and wanted to branch out into colors a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by kristi383

Love love this product!! I have these in 3 colors and this is my fave. A gorgeous deep wine color that is really long lasting and pigmented, I apply it on its own for a deep color for a night out, or under a lip balm for a shiny version during the day. Really fun to use as well as being effective with the pointy tip. Great price too which is a bonus. It has become a HG in my makeup bag. Only con is that when it does dry out a little, it kinda leaves a residue on the lips. Nothing major and would definitely buy again. Hope they don't discontinue this line ever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Rocki

I've bought quite a few of these stains from Revlon. They do what they're suppose to do, stay on longer than most lip sticks. For me, I'm older, so it's not moisturizing like some lip products, BUT it does the job. I like the mauve color the best (can't remember the name of it)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

I'm a beginner to lips and I know for sure that I love that VAMPY look and THIS is so perfect for them! I think this lip product is really good for those that want to try out lip products, but if you're scared that this colour might be too dark for you, there are plenty of other colours to try from! :)
This isn't that moisturising for me unfortunately, and when I wear this with semi-chapped lips it kind of brings out the dryness of it even more, but it isn't a big problem for me. I can always just apply lip balm then apply this on top, no worries! The smell is somewhat pepperminty and some may like it but personally I don't, but that also doesn't really phase me either. I love this colour soo much. It's really like that plummy/red/berry colour to it. Perfect for vampy lips and being light on the eye make up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Now, despite how I feel about this product in the colour Adore, I LOVE Crush! It does moisturize and then eventually dry my lip out even when I apply products under and over it, but I find this one doesn't settle into the lines of my lips the way Adore does. And, I would simply repurchase because I LOVE this colour that much! It's the perfect burgundy-plum!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kaaitlynhaarper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG lip product for fall/winter it is a deep berry colour that looks great on my nc20 skintone , It is easy to just throw it in my purse and take it out if i need to reply since the packaging is so sleek , They do last a pretty long time on my lips , defiantly want to try out all the different other colours from this line

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by thewolfwife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG fall/winter lip color. Perfect crushed berry color, long lasting, moisturizing, I can throw this in my bag since the packaging is great, but I barely need to reapply. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by GoonerGirl

I LOVE this lip balm. Great packaging aside, its really smooth and durable and looks amazingly natural (on a medium skin tone) if applied sheerly and the perfect shade for an autumn/winter look. It has a minty scent which I personally love. Its reasonably priced in comparison to the Clinique Chubby sticks. It lasts quite a while too and has worked really well for me although if you have a paler skin-tone it might look a bit too intense. I will definitely purchase more shades ASAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I want this to be my HG lip product, but it just has too many failures.

Pros: the stain it leaves behind is really long lasting. plus, it usually wears off nice and even unless my lips are super dry. but it does wear off WAY more evenly than any other lip stain I've ever tried. so it could have been my HG stain!

Cons: the stain it leaves behind is way too bright pink/fuchsia on me. I would prefer a more neutral rosy dark pink color. this just ends up too fluorescent. also, it feels like a nice balm (like burt's bees classic lip balm) but does not actually seem to really keep the lips hydrated.

I tried four different colors and none of them worked for me very well. If I mix Crush with Adore, I get an almost perfect color, but I really don't like having to mix two lipsticks all the time. Hopefully Revlon will come out with some more neutral colors -- they have almost nailed it. Revlon: please keep trying!

EDIT: I've been wearing this for several weeks now, and I'm starting to figure out that if I scrub my lips with a tissue before re-application, then the hot pink stain is not as intense. so I'm starting to like Crush more. I still think it can end up too bright sometimes, but I'm getting used to how I can make it work for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay so i was kinda afraid of getting such a dark color. i usually just pop on a light pink gloss and im out the door. however ive seen the recent trends and was intrigued. I love this lip color. it is a statement for sure. i would say pair it with a very simple eye and light on the blush and it looks fabulous. im light skinned and i feel this is PERFECT for fall.