April 18, 2014 | 1777 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm - Crush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

I'm a beginner to lips and I know for sure that I love that VAMPY look and THIS is so perfect for them! I think this lip product is really good for those that want to try out lip products, but if you're scared that this colour might be too dark for you, there are plenty of other colours to try from! :)
This isn't that moisturising for me unfortunately, and when I wear this with semi-chapped lips it kind of brings out the dryness of it even more, but it isn't a big problem for me. I can always just apply lip balm then apply this on top, no worries! The smell is somewhat pepperminty and some may like it but personally I don't, but that also doesn't really phase me either. I love this colour soo much. It's really like that plummy/red/berry colour to it. Perfect for vampy lips and being light on the eye make up :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Now, despite how I feel about this product in the colour Adore, I LOVE Crush! It does moisturize and then eventually dry my lip out even when I apply products under and over it, but I find this one doesn't settle into the lines of my lips the way Adore does. And, I would simply repurchase because I LOVE this colour that much! It's the perfect burgundy-plum!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kaaitlynhaarper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG lip product for fall/winter it is a deep berry colour that looks great on my nc20 skintone , It is easy to just throw it in my purse and take it out if i need to reply since the packaging is so sleek , They do last a pretty long time on my lips , defiantly want to try out all the different other colours from this line

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by thewolfwife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG fall/winter lip color. Perfect crushed berry color, long lasting, moisturizing, I can throw this in my bag since the packaging is great, but I barely need to reapply. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by GoonerGirl

I LOVE this lip balm. Great packaging aside, its really smooth and durable and looks amazingly natural (on a medium skin tone) if applied sheerly and the perfect shade for an autumn/winter look. It has a minty scent which I personally love. Its reasonably priced in comparison to the Clinique Chubby sticks. It lasts quite a while too and has worked really well for me although if you have a paler skin-tone it might look a bit too intense. I will definitely purchase more shades ASAP.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I want this to be my HG lip product, but it just has too many failures.

Pros: the stain it leaves behind is really long lasting. plus, it usually wears off nice and even unless my lips are super dry. but it does wear off WAY more evenly than any other lip stain I've ever tried. so it could have been my HG stain!

Cons: the stain it leaves behind is way too bright pink/fuchsia on me. I would prefer a more neutral rosy dark pink color. this just ends up too fluorescent. also, it feels like a nice balm (like burt's bees classic lip balm) but does not actually seem to really keep the lips hydrated.

I tried four different colors and none of them worked for me very well. If I mix Crush with Adore, I get an almost perfect color, but I really don't like having to mix two lipsticks all the time. Hopefully Revlon will come out with some more neutral colors -- they have almost nailed it. Revlon: please keep trying!

EDIT: I've been wearing this for several weeks now, and I'm starting to figure out that if I scrub my lips with a tissue before re-application, then the hot pink stain is not as intense. so I'm starting to like Crush more. I still think it can end up too bright sometimes, but I'm getting used to how I can make it work for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay so i was kinda afraid of getting such a dark color. i usually just pop on a light pink gloss and im out the door. however ive seen the recent trends and was intrigued. I love this lip color. it is a statement for sure. i would say pair it with a very simple eye and light on the blush and it looks fabulous. im light skinned and i feel this is PERFECT for fall.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I find this to be more of a maroon color as opposed to the darker berry I was expecting from online swatches
.On my pale skin the maroon color doesn't look nice on me I end up needing to put nyx's lipstick in chaos overtop to make it look like a very dark berry color.
I won't repurchase this shade but most any other color of the 8 I own would get repurchased.

EVEN though I'm not a fan pf the color it still does everything that it says it will do it glossy it stain the lips doesn't dry them out.I still find that this products mint scent is over bearing but other than that love the line

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent lip stain and the perfect dupe for Tarte's lip stains. Crush is a deep berry color that is well suited to medium nw30/35 skin tones. I can understand fair complexions feeling this is goth.

I own a Tarte lip stain. Revlon's lip stains are identical in packaging, smell, application, etc. This was only 4 bucks on sale and I was just about to purchase "moody" by Tarte, same as color as "crush", for nearly 20 bucks. Thank goodness I stopped at rite-aid first! This doesn't dry my skin out and it lasts a good 4 hours or more on me. Like others have said, lips in need of exfoliating will hinder the true look of this. But that's the case with any lipstick, gloss, etc.

Application tips for these: Either dab on and go, or apply like lipstick then completely tissue off. The stain will be left behind.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Morganox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I tried out the revlon just bitten with the balm and stain separate and was terribly dissapointed, but I decided not to give up and give this one a go and I'm so glad I did the colour is perfect for my very pale N3 skin it goes great with black winged eyeliner and you can build it up or wear it light it's great for quick look.