Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 11/13/2014 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I avoided buying this brush for such a long time, thinking i'd prefer the sigma F80, I eventually gave in and went to Priceline and bought this little beauty for $20 (Australia rates). Honestly, buying this brush is the best thing i've ever done for my foundation routine. The bristles are soft and movable yet firm when you start buffing, which means that they don't bend and cause a mess of the precise application. It leaves my Loreal true match makeup looking airbrushed, I have recommended this brush to all of my friends and cannot speak highly enough of it! A little background, I had the eco tools buffing brush before this and it simply doesn't hold a candle to my real techniques!

on 11/8/2014 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This brush is really lovely and versatile. I found its best use is to buff out or blend through other products rather than applying anything. For example, if I've put on too much blush or powder or bronzer, this will even everything out with minimal fuss. My only real gripe is that the brush is *so* bulky it's difficult to store with other brushes; it takes up so much space! While I still keep this brush in my back-up kit, I've since transitioned over to Sigma's F82 because the brush head is bigger, a bit more dense, and its handle is slimmer.

Pros:
* very dense
* rounded shape gets into small areas easily
* durable (through regular washing and daily spot cleaning)
* great price

Cons:
* really bulky handle
* a little small for full-face buffing

on 11/8/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This brush is simply amazing! And for its price, i couldn't ask for more.
It's very soft and applies liquid foundation smooth and natural. Easy to work with, perfect for beginners. Don't hesitate to buy it!

on 11/7/2014 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this brush I use it with bare minerals I am Ready and it allows me to apply the tiniest amount of product and gives a beautiful finish. It was on offer in Superdrugs buy two brushes and get one free and I bought two others but this is defitnley my favourite and most used. I have washed it and it always comes out perfect!

The first time I used this I applied a bit too much foundation and looked OTT with the foundation! I have used the RT Stippling brush for months and that brush is much more a lighter coverage than the Expert Face Brush, so be mindful that a little foundation goes a long way when applying with this brush!

It gives a flawless medium to full coverage and is so easy to blend and apply, you can also use this to buff the foundation into the skin after you have applied to get that perfectly airbrushed look!

the hairs on the brush are short and tough but after you get used to it it is a great brush

on 10/19/2014 7:43:00 PM

This brush has helped to resurrect my Clinique Superbalanced Makeup. I had been using my fingers to apply foundation and did not like how thick the makeup looked on my face after application so stopped using it.

After noticing all the positive MUA review's for the RT Expert Face brush, I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! I now can control how much liquid foundation goes on my face by placing a pea-size amount of foundation on the back of my hand and gently dabbing the tip of the brush into it. I then lightly stipple the makeup in various areas of my face and then blend it in using circular motions. It now applies perfectly!

The key for me is to keep the brush clean--so I cut up an old towel into many small squares and keep some DIY brush cleaner in a squirt bottle on my makeup counter. After applying the foundation, I immediately squirt some of the brush cleaner onto the square towel and then rub the bristles around the wet towel. It takes only a couple seconds and gets most of the makeup off. I still do a deep clean with baby shampoo once a week to get the remaining makeup out. It cleans so easily and keeps it shape perfectly.

I noticed that this brush works better for me with thicker foundations. I also have been using a bb cream but it seems to apply better using the RT Stipple Brush. But...I absolutely love this brush for the thicker makeup! I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% coupon so paid a little over $7 for it. One of the best makeup purchases I have made.

on 10/15/2014 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After hearing every man and his dog rave about these brushes, I thought I would hope on the bandwagon as all the brushes I own, to be blunt, suck. Bought the expert face brush on recommendation from several people, and purchased in Boots for under 10, and wow. This is amazing! The brush is amazing quality, it's soft, but not too soft, and feels wonderful as it glides onto your skin, really amazing. The handle is nice and seems sturdy enough. The only problem is that I really want to buy all the other brushes in their ranges now! I use this for foundation/concealer, and it's a very good shape, and can get under your eyes and on your nose and stuff well. Would really recommend this brush, especially to newbies, and at such an amazing price, I'd try the whole range!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This brush has made foundation application so much easier and much better looking! I didn't think I would say this about a mere face brush, but it helps to make me look much better.

It doesn't cost too much at all and the quality is great - the bristles are soft (and artificial), they're dense, and they evenly apply foundation to the point of it looking natural.

The brush is easy to clean and has not shed any fibres (touch wood!). Good price, great product!

on 10/12/2014 7:16:00 AM

I really like this brush! I use it for my loreal true match, and all my liquid foundations. Lately I've been using it on the bare minerals original mineral foundation, and it works really good with it!

The brush is really dense and soft but not too soft, wich i really like. I also really like how it looks! It's also really easy to clean! Alot of brushes change shape after you've washed it, but this doesn't. (probably because it is syntethic)

As I said, I use it for my foundations, but I think it will work really good for contouring too!!!

So if you're on a budget and you need a foundation/powder/Contour brush, I think you should buy this!

on 10/9/2014 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

After reading through the reviews on MUA,watching tutorials with everyone using this brush and being the total brush hoarder that I am bought the brush,ive been using the expert face brush for a month and a half now,I can say it truly does live up to its name,its can be used for a number of other applications just like the other awesome brushes in the range,contouring applying blush,highlighting etc,but the true magic is in the way it applies any foundation so flawlessly,its dense which makes it a dream to blend foundation without the bristles being splayed all over just pushing the product around making application easy and breezy.

The downside,I have to wash it very often or applying foundation with this becomes a streaky mess but this is no fault of the brush using any foundation brush with liquid foundation can cause this,washing can become a chore but simply use an oil based brush cleaner to remove the built up gunk and you'll be done in no time just make sure the remover does not touch the barrel of the brush that would make the glue holding the bristles weak causing the brush to fall apart.

TIP- I've noticed a lot of people complain that the brush is difficult to clean,what I've learned from trail and error is never to dip your foundation brush in the product or put foundation directly on the brush(refering only to liquid and cream type of course)the min you put the brush to your face its just going to push whatever foundation you've put on the brush further down the bristles,you will also notice more product will be used this way as very little is actually going on your face and more being stuck in the brush making it difficult to clean,instead apply foundation to your face with fingers or old paddle brush in dots then using the expert face brush to blend out,this is going to save product and brush wash time.

I would buy this brush again without a doubt,hope my info was helpful.

Popular Makeup Brushes