April 17, 2014 | 938 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by thejabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING. All the brushes I've tried from Real Techniques are fantastic, but this one is by far my favourite.

-SO SOFT

- It's super versatile - I generally use it for foundation, which I think its perfect for, but when I can't be bothered dirtying my other brushes I use it for contouring, blush, and powder. Its shape means it fits the sides of my nose, hollows of cheeks etc really easily!

-Like all of my real techniques brushes, it doesn't absorb a huge amount of product like my Sigma brushes, so it's easy to clean, and, half my foundation doesn't end up in the brush so I'm saving money.

-Also, because it doesn't pick up too much product, I can build up blush and bronzer without overdoing it. Bit annoying when you're in a hurry but I'm okay with it.

-I can't complain about the price..compared to MAC brushes they're great value given that the quality is so high!

-I love that you can stand them up on their bases...sure the design isn't as classy as some of the other brushes out there, and they're a little bulky, but they seem sturdy and practical.

-I haven't had the chance to deep clean them yet to check drying time etc, but given that they seem a lot less dense than my Sigma brushes and have different bristles, I expect they will dry quicker

Definitely HG. While I still love my Sigma brushes, I'll definitely be reaching for these more often!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THESE BRUSHES. If you get any or are on a budget I recommend this one and the stippling brush. I also LOOOVE the two Chapman sisters on youtube! they know what they're doing and are funny, sweet, nice, and socialable. I have tried 3 different foundations with this brush & they have all come out beautifully, leading me to the conclusion that it is because of the brush! I have tried ecotools, japonesque, and mac (not foundation brushes though), and Real techniques are my favorite. as for the price, it's closer to high end than not but you have to start somewhere and the cost of creating them had to be out the butt and time consuming. It's WORTH the cost and I'm a broke college student.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by abrearley90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this brush (though as per usual totally overpriced in Aus- thanks for trying Priceline!) its super dense and is a close contender for fingers. I got mine from iherb.com (super cheap like around A$8 I think and came very quickly) and have purchased more brushes from the range since.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 1:17:00 AM More reviews by loveintheasylum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So excited when I got this from Amazon, and still excited to use it everytime I put on my foundation. Synthetic bristles are soft like buttah and it applies like a dream: no shedding, no streaks, no pores, just airbrushed loveliness. In addition, not a pain to wash and it dries quickly which is one of the things I look for in a makeup brush. Nice design, although I though it was bigger from the pictures but no matter, I still love it. Will say the packaging was a real B to open though. Anyway, love this brush. Got it from Amazon for around $9 so not a hit to the wallet at all....may just buy more Real Techniques brushes in the future if they're are as good as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by dannihill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush. I use it to apply my liquid foundation and it gives a perfect finish. It doesn't leave any streaks or lines and gives smooth, even coverage. The bristles are nice and soft and I haven't experienced any fallout at all. It's also fairly easy to clean and isn't too expensive! HG foundation brush, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ellierosepoppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this for the first time yesterday. Really impressed. Likely the best foundation brush I've used. Made my makeup (Dermablend) go on smoothly. No little streaks or smudges. It looked natural and gave great coverage. Soft bristles and a sturdy, pretty colored handle. Definitely recommend this whole line of brushes. They're also incredibly inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ajb426

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like this brush! It's dense and soft, and it really applies liquid foundation well. It's small enough to get into all the contours of your face, even the undereye area and around the nose. I used it for more of a cream foundation once but it wasn't as good for that - I think it may also have been the foundation itself though. The price is a little iffy for me as I can't quite justify spending almost $10 for a makeup brush - although that's on the low side for good brushes! I definitely recommend, especially for liquid foundation. (And I like to watch Sam -and Nic- Chapman on YouTube -Pixiwoo- I recommend their makeup tutorials! My other favorite YouTube makeup artist often uses this brush too. It's just a great brush.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by aquaryss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Are you looking to find the perfect brush for highlighting your face?

If you're like me, you like to have a brush for every little thing you do. This brush is IDEAL for putting on highlighting powder. I was on a quest to find the perfect brush for just that, and it's harder than you would think, since everyone likes to use every brush for foundation application. I like my brushes to be super precise, and this one fits the bill.

I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been said. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by koushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite blush for applying liquid or cream foundations! The brush hair is synthetic and very dense and short so that it doesn't move around when you're applying. Very little product is wasted and the denseness also helps even out your complexion without any patchiness or streakiness. I want multiples of this brush so I don't have to wash my brushes so often. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

It is good but it works different with different foundations. Now I cant tell if it is good or bad.
Bristles are soft, doesnt shed. This brush spreads foundation in a thinner layer on the face than eg stippling brush.
The size is very good, not too big and comfortable to get to all the areas of the face.