Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

4.8

on 1/14/2014 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I can not believe I haven't chimed in on the raves here sooner! This has been a DAILY staple of mine for atleast a year, if not longer. I use it for blending in undereye concealer (surprise surpise) it quickly pushes in & blends smoothly even the thickest concelaer (MAC prolongwear). Beause of the synthetic brushes I feel I can go even longer with a deep wash since it doesn't grab the product insanely. Even after a wk of regular use the bristles feel soft & separate evenly, the only sign of usage is the staining ofcourse but no clumpy, grimy ends. Its the perfect size for this delicate undereye area it goes from my tearduct to mid nose. I honestly didn't even realize its intended use was for highlighting! I thought 'setting brush' meant setting undereye concealer, which I also use the same brush for with my Ben Nye banana powder. This is an amazingg lightweight, matte all day powder but extremely yellow (im quite fair-light NC20) so putting too much on can actually make my undereye appear darker than the rest of my face, taking away from the already much lighter concealers I choose to brighten & highlight this area. Thats never a problem with this brush it just smokes out the powder because its quite dense, I wish someone uploaded a pic of this from the side. Another TRICK I use it for is applying bronzer as a crease color lifting the sweeping motion from the end of mye eye to reach the tip of my brows, it widens my eyes & the tapered pointy end picks up a fine amount of bronzer to make it look natural. Lastly ofcourse its beautiful for highlight too, I couldnt get my Mary Loumanizer to work (because I find it more shimmery than champagney despite the opinons otherwise) & this solved the problem by picking up the tiniest amount. For more natural highlighting (WnW reserve cabana bronzer) I use the entire lenght of the brush to get a wider highlight otherwise the tip for definition. So many applications & its so freakin cheap! Only CONS-this one doesnt stand up on your desk like the other RT brushes & over time the handle dents in. Idk why I dont carry it in my makeup bag but I guess because its a tin material not wooden like more HE brushes. Oh well, no real losses there.

on 1/14/2014 1:08:00 PM

I freakin' love this thing. I use it every day for setting my under eye concealed or for highlighting. Best setting brush out there!

on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is definitely my favorite brush out of all the Real Techniques brushes. I own most of the line and find most of the brushes to be very multi-purpose, but the Setting Brush is one that I reach for daily and plan to have many backups of.

It's great for highlighting the cheekbones because it's just small enough to swipe on top of the cheek and not the whole cheek. It's dense enough to pick up product but not too much product, and the fibers are fluffy enough to blend out the color without overblending. It's small enough to apply a bit of highlight on the browbone at the same time -- just turn it on its side and lightly brush on your skin.

The brush itself is not super small. But its size and shape can precisely apply and blend out color for contouring and bronzing.

It's the perfect size for setting powder under the eyes. Done with one swipe under each eye.

The quality of the brush is superb, like all Real Techniques brushes. Super soft bristles, cruelty-free, doesn't splay, washes easily, dries fast, and hasn't shed a single hair.

on 1/12/2014 6:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Unbelievable setting brush that I use for setting under eye powder and using it for contouring. Quality is amazing and the price is too. Every one of the brushes I have tried from RT is awesome and such great quality. I seriously will never bother with anything else now. I was looking at MAC and Sigma before I found RT.

on 1/9/2014 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This brush is perfect for what I use it for - to contour. This is the absolute best brush to "draw" precise contour lines underneath your cheekbones. I also use it on my nose, which it does a pretty good job of too (although a bit too big for that). Then with a fluffier brush, I blend the lines.

on 1/9/2014 8:46:00 AM

Very good brush for highlighter or setting powder under eyes or anywhere where you dont want to use a big brush.
Doesnt shed at all, very soft bristles.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really enjoy this brush. You can use it for many different products/ways! It's just the perfect size to set your under eye concealer & it's small enough to contour your cheeks and slim your nose! I've use this brush with creams and powders and I find it applies both perfectly!

on 1/6/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this with translucent powder to set my under eye concealer. I highly recommend RT brushes. This is soft, tapered, and just dense enough without being too heavy (does that make sense?)

I have washed all my RT brushes a million times and none of them have lost their shape or bristles. Love it!!

on 1/3/2014 8:33:00 AM

Great brush to apply setting powder in undereye area, corners of the lips, and undereye area. For those rushed days, this is great for setting concealer on blemishes without any foundation.

on 12/28/2013 10:32:00 AM

I didn't have high hopes for this brush but it is actually great tool so I ordered a second one of them. It's good for blending under eyes concealer because its soft for the eye area and easy to use-perfect size. My other use for it which is even more often, is applying powder highlighter. It amazingly applies the right amount without overdoing. For some reason every time I used a different brush,it came out wrong, so I love it for the highlighter part.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products