October 25, 2014 | 1322 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Setting Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

Great brush to apply setting powder in undereye area, corners of the lips, and undereye area. For those rushed days, this is great for setting concealer on blemishes without any foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by lena2128

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I didn't have high hopes for this brush but it is actually great tool so I ordered a second one of them. It's good for blending under eyes concealer because its soft for the eye area and easy to use-perfect size. My other use for it which is even more often, is applying powder highlighter. It amazingly applies the right amount without overdoing. For some reason every time I used a different brush,it came out wrong, so I love it for the highlighter part.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush, actually the whole range of real techniques brushes! I have many brushes including mac, napoleon, sigma ect but I still keep coming back to this. I bought one on a whim as I neded something for a contour and highlight and this worked amazingly. Went back again a week later and bought another to use to blend out my under eye concealer and the result is flawless. This brush is amazing and for $15 (AUD) it's a steal.... Recommend this for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush is of an excellent quality, very soft and it doesn't shed. The size is perfect for applying a highlighter along the top of the cheek bones, under the eyebrows or wherever you need it, it is also good for making contouring with a bronzer. But I mostly use it for applying powder when I need it only on my T-zone and also under the eyes to set the concealer, this setting brush gives me more control rather than a big powder brush.
I do not think it is a must have accessory but if you buy it you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jadyxo

This is my favorite brush ever! I love using it to blend and set my concealer! It's truly amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I use this brush to highlight my nose, chin, and cheekbones. It is small, dense, and gives just the right amount of coverage! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

My absolute favorite brush to set powder for my undereye concealer! gives me great control and picks up enough powder! affordable brush, no shedding so far

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

This is a really good brush for giving extra coverage with powder on blemishes or undereyes. I use it to mostly blend out my concealer , blemishes and undereye, it gives it an airbrushed look , eAsy to clean and dries fast, love it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

just brought this brush from Ulta and I love it! its awesome the brush is soft, easy to use. no oder or smell, im trying to get the entire real techniques collection. I love Ulta coupons so with the help of them I will get all of these.. awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There has been an epic battle waged under my eyes for years. Dark circles vs cakey circles. Tears were shed, comments about looking tired were made. That is, until this brush helped bring peace to this slightly fine lined land.

When I use my big fluffy brush to set undereye concealer, it would sometimes buff way the product. When I used a velour puff, it sometimes caked the product and applied too much powder. This amazing brush rectifies the problem. Sets without disrupting the concealer and the soft bristles place just the right amount of powder. Have used this over NYX HD concealer and Revlon Photoready concealer, setting with elf hd powder, nyx flat not matte, rimmel stay matte and cover girl trublend. All combos had with great results.

It's small enough to set around my nose and on upper lip area, where I also tend to use concealer. While soft, it's firm enough that I may buy another for highlighting tops of cheeks and down center of nose. Finally, I have washed this several times, and no shedding.

PROS:
- great for setting concealer - works with a number of powders
- soft, amazing feel
- good size for undereyes as well as for highlighting
- well made - the pink aluminum is cute and sturdy
- stands up to multiple washes
- dries quickly

CONS:
- none really - other than now I am going to buy another

Have been getting hooked on real techniques lately, and this brush reinforces my love for them. Cute, inexpensive and work!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No