April 19, 2014 | 1040 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

This foundation does the job, but it is not HG status! I will buy it again but I am still on the search for a better foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

I wanted to like this so badly. I wore it for about on a month, but I noticed I was getting a ton of blackheads and bumps along my jawline. I think it clogs my pores.

Does not do much for my oily skin. It ends up sitting on top of my skin with a greasy layer by lunch time. It oxidizes on my chin only, which is odd.

Sadly, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Madihudson

I love this foundation! It's great and has tons of color options. This foundation has medium to full coverage and stays practically all day!! It's great for acne prone skin, doesn't cake, easy to blend, and super natural looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I have always had a hard time liking Clinique foundations. I was looking for a foundation that was medium coverage, matte and oil-free. Found it!!! As I get older I realize that I don't need to wear the heavy mask type foundation. It makes you look older!!!! This one is light but covers well! A very natural finish. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Shelly128p

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently went to Sephora and told the lady "pick me any foundation, but my skin is like this: " & she picked this for me.
the color match is right-on (as it usually is w/ high-end brands) but i'm still searching for the perfect foundation that is the perfect "tone"

-this foundation is really buildable and definitely keeps oil away
-it is matte... so contouring/highlighting is crucial to show dimension on your face
-(to the people reviewing this & they don't have the oily skin that it calls for: your review does not belong. stop review products based on expectations that they are not made to fulfill)
-foundation is kind of runny
-staying power is not too good, but it is really easy to add more on throughout the day
-this foundation dries to a powder finish so it does take extra time to apply and be sure it looks right. it also dries a tad darker but the clear packaging shows the color exactly right (btw i LOVE this packaging. it's in a no-mess squeeze tube & the opening hole is quite small so it doesn't get messy at all)

I don't think i'll repurchase but this is the 3rd clinique foundation i've had and haven't been disappointed...but i haven't been blown away/impressed.
seems like this foundation has the same problems as all their other foundations (staying powers & light coverage)

The foundation does what it says it does! The undertones are good! and it's a solid buy for oily skin!! (still gonna look for other foundations, though, bc i have other needs)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by seleenabaylon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Clinique due to the fact that they are allergy tested. I'm only really turned off by the price because where I live, make up can be super expensive. I was previously using Maybelline's Fit Me foundation in the shade 310 but after going through my second bottle I finally realised that it was just too light and too dewy for my liking. I then gave in and bought my Clinique in #19 sand shade and it is a true match - makes my skin look really nice, coverage is really good and it doesn't let out oil as much after a few hours of wear (and with setting powder on top.) I would totally buy it again but I will just have to source a website that sells it for a little less since the department store charges so much!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

still on the hunt for my HG foundation. my skin is very oily and this doesn't keep it at bay like i thought it would. it also slides off of my face even with primer, powder, and setting spray. the color is good but the staying power and not keeping me matte is why i won't repurchase. it's a whatever foundation, not terrible, not great. i will still use it until i'm finished with it. the packaging is great though and clinique foundations always last forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Stg16

This was the first ever Clinique foundation that I have used. I have never been a big foundation fan as it always causes me to break out however for special days or nights out I use it to even my complexion. This foundation was the best I have used in a while! Before this I owned a Chanel liquid and Dior 'forever' foundations. Both had appeared to do the job when first applied however even with powder they seemed to slide off my face and felt very unnatural to wear (if that makes sense!). Clinique's stay matte foundation really does work... It is the first foundation that I have found that stays put on the T zone (especially my nose area) and covers with a even/brighter/great coverage. It does not feel too thick yet it makes my skin appear brighter and much smoother. It does not appear to cause as many break outs either which is great! I was never sure about Clinique products however I have been very impressed and will definitely be buying this foundation again. The price is not cheap however I definitely believe that paying a little extra can really make the difference with all make up (as long as you do your research first!). If you are a girl who doesn't want to look plastered in make up but wants it to stay put and look fresh this is the one for you! I have an oily complexion across my T zone so an oil free formula is essential.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just received a sample today in Sienna. I like it from a texture and color match perspective. I'm just not a fan of squirt-out liquid makeup; it can get so messy.

Clinique seems to be the only make-up company that gets most dark chocolate skin has reddish undertones. Even Fashion Fair seems to not realize this. When you have deep chocolate colored skin, your makeup needs a hint of red undertones otherwise the color will look gray and dull when applied. In the package, dark brown makeup without any red undertones may look great and like a perfect match, but apply it and it's a different story. At least that's the case with my skin.

I always forget how much I appreciate Clinique for consistently getting their darker colors right and start looking around for alternative brands only to come back here.

I will post an update in a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I enjoy this product. It is not HG for me, but it is indeed a nice product. My nose is sooooo oily. Like it has never had a dry day ever. My forehead is also slightly oily as well as my chin. I always use a primer and loose powder with foundations but I always develop some quiet a bit of shine on my nose and a little on my forehead and chin. This actually controls shine a lot better then other foundations I've tried, and I've tried A LOT. I still get oil breakthrough, but it comes a lot later in the day and is not as bad. This product is also rather lightweight and the coverage is light-medium and is buildable. ALSO ONE BIG THING I LIKE, it does not break me out.:) I am soooo acne prone and this is oil-free and great for my acne-prone skin.
Overall, yes I would repurchase until I find my true HG product.:)