July 23, 2014 | 2115 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by OliveYah

To be honest, because of my oily and acne-prone skin, I've become quite skeptical of the types of foundations that I use. I've been through pretty much all of the drugstore foundations that you can think of (FIT me) was my best drugstore brand. I've also tried MAC, but this one blows all of them out of the park because it's light for such a good and full coverage. Best part about it is that you can tell that it's oil-free because it gives you a very natural and almost completely matte finish. To top it all off, it doesn't break me out! So it's fair to say that this one is a keeper. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by simplething1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday, go-to foundation. I really like it! For reference, I am fair-skinned, with dark brown hair and light brown eyes. I have combo/oily skin. While I know that I am not super oily, I do sometimes have an issue with looking shiny with my foundation. This foundation does the job well for me, even though I do have to blot a couple of times per day. This foundation is really gentle on my skin and never breaks me out, (being good to my skin is a MUST to me...if a foundation causes pimples, it has to go!). :-). There are foundations out there, (like EL Double Wear), that stay matte on my skin far better, but those foundations, (that one in particular), feel like cement on my skin. This foundation gives me a pretty, soft "glow", without looking greasy. I feel like any type of skin, with the exception of really dry skin types, can wear this foundation. I can see myself wearing this foundation for many years to come!

I am the color "Fair" and it suits my skin and its pink undertones very well. At first, I was a bit scared of the pink within this color, but it was the closest match to my skin and blends in very well. The other colors were either too dark or had the wrong undertone for my skin.

I recommend this foundation to people who are not dry skinned, and that want to stay matte for most of the day. It does not have spf in it, (but I like this because I use products underneath my foundation that have spf and do not like it to be in my makeup). If you are looking for spf, it may be a good idea to seek a moisturizer to wear underneath foundation to get the protection that you need.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I recenlty got a sample of this at Sephora. I thought I was allergic to the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. I posted a question on Sephora's website asking for a foundation that was similar. I went on the Nordstrom's live chat and was recommended shade 5 Fair. So that is the one I got the sample of.

I really don't like this foundation. First, the coverage is very sheer. I wish I had known that before getting the sample. Other reviewers have said that it is sheer to medium coverage. I don't agree, I think at best, it's sheer to light coverage. Even built up, this is no where near medium coverage. I also didn't like the way it looked on my face.

The color was also WAY off. It was way too light. I wish I would have thought to check for my shade using my Color IQ number before picking up the sample. But I didn't. So all I had to go on was the Nordstom's live chat recommendation. When I did check my Color IQ number later, I discovered that the shade I would actually need is #11 Honey. I have had excellent results with other foundations I've tried based on my Color IQ number, so that is what I would go with. But I'm not even going to bother. I don't like this foundation well enough to purchase a full-sized bottle. I recently learned it wasn't the Mat Velvet I was allergic to. So I purchased another bottle of that instead.

If you need/want only sheer to light coverage and have pretty much flawless skin, I would recommend this foundation. But if you are expecting it to have medium coverage, you will be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kelciekr

This is my HG foundation! To start off my skin is basically combination. It's oily, sensitive, and acne-prone, so my skincare and make up products are pretty limited in order to prevent a break-out or getting red, flaky, irritated skin. I've always been hesitant to buy clinique products because they were outside of my price range. Instead of buying this foundation outright I talked to one of the representative/sales associates and she gave me a 5-day supply sample of the foundation. I used the sample and it even lasted longer than 5 days. A little goes a long way with this foundation. I was happy with the sample so I purchased a full tube for $24,90, and that first tube lasted me from the beginning of May all the way to the end of August, and am now on my second. When using this foundation you do not need a lot and it gives a perfect medium to full coverage but feels extremely light. It doesn't clog my pores or cause break outs, and being in Texas, I used this foundation and I stayed matte all day even in the ridiculous summer heat here. It's also a great foundation to wear if you work all day. This foundation is something I would definitely recommend to someone who has similar a similar skin type like mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SUCKS at oil control. I did my make up and went to my car. Buy the time I drove out the neighborhood it was melting off. It was pretty not that day but really? I was in the car for like 2 minutes!! Maybe if you have slightly oily skin or normal skin you'd like this but I don't. Its an ok foundation but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Petra345

Love it. I prefer mineal powder foundation, but if I had to pick a favourite liquid foundation, it would be Stay Matte. Provides excellent coverage, does not cause acne, feels light on the skin, looks quite natural. The only negative thing (for me) is that the lightest shade (Linen) is still a tad dark for my NC15 skin. But I blend it well, so it works just fine. Good value for money.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by anachronism227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely oily skin and have been wanting to find a foundation that would make it through the day. I switched because I had been using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H, which is almost twice the price of this one for the same amount of product and the Lancome foundation doesn't keep me matte.

Overall, I am a pretty disappointed that it does not keep me matte at all! It's wonderful for the first 15 minutes, but after that, I start to see some shine coming through. Right now, it has been around 10 hours since I first applied the foundation and I am an oily mess. I don't hate this enough to return it because the price was better than Lancome's and the color (Golden Neutral) is an exact match for me, but I will keep looking for a foundation that works for me. The foundation is a bit watery for my liking, and I feel like the coverage is not as great as Lancome Teint Idole 24H. By the end of the day, you can DEFINITELY see my blemishes again.

Bottom Line: I watched a couple reviews on YouTube about this foundation and some people seem to love it, but if you consider your skin "super oily" like I do, I wouldn't recommend this one for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Madysen08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just as a background: I have very fair skin with pink undertones. I was on the hunt for a good foundation for my oily, sensitive, and acne prone skin but every time I purchased one, whether it be a high end or drugstore brand, the color always seemed to look orange-ish against my skin and always looked too dark no matter how light the shade. A few months ago, I went to Sephora and they used that machine that matches your skin tone to all the compatible makeup shades in the store, and their computer suggested this one. I got a sample of it and used it for about two days and fell in love. I loved the coverage and the shade matched perfectly with my skin and it had been a long time since a foundation looked that natural on my face. I have really oily skin and was extremely impressed with how long it lasted. I did have to blot and touch up eventually but it was a good 6 hours before I did which is so awesome for me. Obviously I purchased the full product for about $24 which I think is so worth it. I apply it with the Sephora 55 foundation brush and it's perfect! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

This foundation does the job, but it is not HG status! I will buy it again but I am still on the search for a better foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

I wanted to like this so badly. I wore it for about on a month, but I noticed I was getting a ton of blackheads and bumps along my jawline. I think it clogs my pores.

Does not do much for my oily skin. It ends up sitting on top of my skin with a greasy layer by lunch time. It oxidizes on my chin only, which is odd.

Sadly, I will not repurchase.