December 18, 2014 | 923 users online

Moisturizers - Trader Joe's - Nourish Oil-Free Antioxidant Facial Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by lexabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great moisturizer if you DO NOT have acne prone skin. Despite being oil free and fragrance free, the major problem people with acne prone skin will have with this is the fact that it contains ethylhexyl palmitate, an ingredient which is highly comedogenic and should not be used if you have acne prone skin. It caused me to break out, and even though Trader Joe's markets this moisturizer toward those with acne prone skin because of how gentle it is, it can still cause breakouts in some people including myself. Im not going to give it a low rating, because other than the silly ethylhexyl palmitate being waaaay high up in the ingredients list, It is a great moisturizer.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by circusriddle

Initial review was written after a month and half of usage, please scroll down for updates.

My skin type: sensitive, acne-prone, oily.

Like the other reviewers here, I had been using the cleanser for a while before I decided to try this out as well. I've been trying to go as simplistic as possible with my facial skincare. No fragrances, no clogging ingrediants, nothing heavy that was going to break me out. I spotted this and decided to go for it.

It's pretty basic, and it seems to do everything it says it does. It's lightweight, fragrance free, doesn't clog me up. I cannot at this point say if it is breaking me out because I breakout constantly and with little provocation, but this doesn't seem to be hurting.

Packaging is excellent. All skincare products should come with a mandatory pump like this and the its cleanser counterpart.

I'll have to wait and see after a couple months how this is holding up on my skin (hopefully my skin will have cleared up more by then) but until then this gets a solid 5/5 from me.

EDIT 08/11/12: I believe this may be aiding the clogging up my skin and possibly breaking me out. I also don't really feel like this is moisturizing my skin much. It sits on my skin and I guess it doesn't really do much else. I've since switched to another moisturizer and not only is my overall skin improving, but I have not seen a breakout since. My skin feels much more moisturized now and I don't see as much oil on my face as when I was using this. I don't think I'll be going back.

EDIT 05/15/13: So in my last update I had set this moisturizer aside in favor of jojoba oil cleansing and an Aveeno moisturizer. My skin was doing very well at first, but over time my routine just wasn't cutting it. I am now back to using this as a basic moisturizer and I have to say, its pretty darn good. Doesn't break me out or clog me up. I do have to say that sometimes I don't feel like its quite moisturizing enough at night, but it does a great job as a daytime moisturizer in the summer. The trick to apply this (and any moisturizer) is by sheering it out between your fingers (or against the back of your hand) and then patting it in sections all over the face so that its all evenly distributed and you're not over applying.

A great moisturizer and one I know I can turn to for clear skin.

EDIT 12/25/2013: Its been a while since my last review and I thought I'd update because I find it helpful to see if products make it for the long haul and maybe others might be curious as well. As you can tell by my edits, I keep coming back to this product and that is true to this day. I've stuck with this moisturizer for over a year now and my skin is never at its best unless I'm using this. It is an HG product for me and one that I can count on to not wreck my skin. However, now that its colder I find its just not moisturizing enough for me, so I've added a moisturizing serum underneath until I find a basic moisturizer during the wintertime (I'm going to be testing out Elta MD Intense.) If my skin gets oily or when summer rolls around, I'll be right back to using this. All in all, a great basic moisturizer for those that don't need a ton of moisturizing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for an everyday moisturizer that was spf and oil free. I am in love with the Nourish cleanser so I picked this up for cheap at Trader Joe's. This stuff is non-greasy and it didn't make me itch! I am pretty pale so I didn't really notice a white cast. Unfortunately this is very clogging for me. Within 2 uses I had those clogged flesh colored bumps along my jawline and nose, and though it didn't itch, I was getting those small red irritation spots on my cheeks. I have been able to use this around my eyes with no problems or milia so I will use it up for that. Oh and I love the pump!!

I am very clog prone so I don't think it's fair for me to give this a bad rating when it's something I figured my skin type couldn't handle, so I gave it 3 lippies based on what it is. It's a non-greasy, spf and oil free moisturizer with some good ingredients at a great price. If you typically use creamy moisturizers with no problems I would recommend you pick this up and give it a shot. Just watch out if you are clog prone; personally I don't think I can handle anything creamy and will try gel moisturizers next.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by ms_kevala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive combination skin, prone to both acne and dryness with flaking. I was looking for an affordable moisturizer *without* SPF to use at night.

This product is very good for the price, and works for me as a night moisturizer for most of the year (in the dryest months, though, my skin is too dry for it). It doesn't make me feel greasy, doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, doesn't break me out, and doesn't pill up when applied over treatment products. It performs as well as some of the pricier moisturizers I've tried.

However, while it's not greasy, it doesn't sink in perfectly and doesn't leave a super matte finish -- it takes a few minutes to fully absorb. I use something more matte and with some SPF for day, especially because of my very fair sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I've been using the cleanser for 2 months now and love it, so I decided to get the moisturizer, too. At $5.99 for a 6 oz bottle, this stuff is amazing. It definitely leaves a matte finish (unlike most low-end moisturizers that often leave you feeling/looking greasy). I have dry skin and find that when I use a small amount (1 pump for the whole face) it sinks right in and does not have trouble absorbing like others have mentioned. I also did not notice any white cast when using that amount. One thing I did notice is a faint scent of bad fruit, but that disappears after a few seconds. This is a light moisturizer that is just rich enough to cancel out any drying/tightening effects of washing your face, leaving your face perfectly balanced.

UPDATE: This is just not moisturizing enough, and it's starting to break me out. If I use too little, my T zone dries up. If I use more, it leaves a film. It's going back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been on a BIG product purge lately..lucky enough to have pretty decent skin,although it is a bit sensitive,so realized I had a gazillion products I was paying big bucks for and probably could live without,,,,enter Trader Joes
Have been using Purity for many years,but heard good things about the Nourish cleanser and loved it,so when I heard they had a moisturizer in the line I HAD to try it.....
First...$5.99 for 6oz...can't beat that....
Oil free,has antioxidents,feels light on skin and absorbs well(takes a few minutes)....been using a week and loving it...will definatly re-purcase..
You CAN do a good skincare routine for pennies...I now use Trader Joes Nourish cleanser $7.99 for 8.45oz, Nourish moisturizer $5.99 for 6oz and Alpha Hydrox Retinol ResQ at night ..pay about $12 a tube when on sale at drugstore.com....
I also use Whole Foods 365 brand unscented shampoo and conditioner which is $4.99 a LITRE..
If it works...why pay more?????

15 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by skinnut

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very nice moisturizer for the price, ingredients and results! i've been using this and the cleanser for two weeks. wears well under makeup. lightweight, hydrating, and seems to be evening out my skin tone to boot! no irritations no breakouts to my dry, HYPERsensitive, breakout prone skin. AND fragrance free! very pleased :D

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Following the popularity of TJ's Nourish All in One Antioxidant Cleanser, they've recently introduced this oil free moisturizer, which according to the packaging is intended to be used with the cleanser. I am a fan of the cleanser myself and have been shopping around for a decently priced everyday moisturizer, so decided to try this. I really like it! It's creamy, lightweight, has no fragrance and seems to moisturize my skin well. It says that it is suitable for all skin types, and I haven't had any issue with breakouts. My sensitive, combo skin seems to tolerate this moisturizer which is nice because I've had allergic reactions to other similar products. This moisturizer has a matte finish to it, and is also vegan and paraben free. I adore the packaging - it has a pump! Finally a company that listens to what customers want skin care packaging. The only thing that I don't love about this moisturizer is that it takes a while to sink in and at first leaves a slight white cast on the skin. But I think the price ($6) cancels out that one minor flaw. I will most likely repurchase this.