July 23, 2014 | 2088 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Clean Makeup, Sensitive Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Bryz30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this. It's cheap, it's for sensitive skin, the color I chose seemed to match. Unfortunately when applied, it settles and looks powdery. Within a few hours I was in desperate need of another application. No thank you!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by treschic05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was excited that Cover Girl had come out with a sensitive foundation. The product comes in a thick glass bottle. After shaking and turning upside down, the product still doesn't come out very well. I think that this foundation is a slightly sheer yet a little build able. Covers my sensitivity redness, but no so much with blemishes. I simply blend this product in with my fingers and works well. However, I would not buy this product again because of the packaging. That was a MAJOR bust for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by puppybears82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say that I have worn this foundation on and off for years and years, and I keep coming back to it when I don't know what to try next. I think the Classic Ivory is pretty close to my skin, maybe a tiny bit lighter/cooler than I am, but it's the closest one in the range. I just make sure to warm it up with some bronzer and I'm good. A little of this stuff goes a long way. I put a few dots on my cheeks, nose, chin, forehead and blend. IT REALLY IS HARD TO GET OUT OF THE BOTTLE, THOUGH!!!! THEY NEED A PUMP!!!!! I also wish it had SPF but I use a moisturizer with spf underneath to counter that. The best things about it are: feels clean, no strong smell, feels lightweight& comfortable, doesn't set into lines or pores... The cons are: packaging stinks, no spf, could use more shades- maybe a "Classic Ivory WARM" and "Classic Ivory COOL". Overall, it is a pretty good bet when you are in a pinch.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by jbrago

I wanted so much to love this.... Suffer from acne, tried all the high-end foundations and heard great things about this. Not for me at all... No coverage, what coverage it does give is dewy and melts off in under an hour. If you try to give it staying power by setting with powder, it gets cakey and settles into fine lines. I guess I need more coverage...this seems more like a dilluted tinted moisturizer to me. Oh well...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

Great shade selection--especially for a DS product. It gives an okay finish but has absolutely no lasting power and turned about 3 shades darker after 5 hours or so. Also, I got 3 cystic acne I got on my chin from one day of wear.

Did I mention the packaging is absolutely horrible? Just not for me I guess.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by sadiechuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I personally have sensitive skin and this product is perfect. I never break out from this foundation. It is so lightweight that you can barely feel that you are wearing it. Easy to apply and evens out the skin perfectly. I will DEFINATELY buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Madeline0256

I usually use this foundation as a back up in case I run out or forget my favorite foundation. With the summer months being so hot and humid (more so then yesrs past) I find that im turning to this to keep my skin from feeling like I'm wearing a mask. It is more of a medium coverage but I need that with the moderate acne I have, plus the 210 Classic Ivory matches perfectly! I dont notice a fragrance at all and a little goes a long way and I hardly need to conceal my blemishs. Ive been using this for the past couple weeks to see exactly how I do react to and so far So good! The only complaint I have is the bottle. Its so hard to get out sometimes!! I wish it came with a pump..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After battling it out with several high-end liquid foundation "un-successes" I headed back to the DS in search of something light enough and fragrance-free for my fair, sensitive skin. The "lightest" shade in a lot of the DS brands (many of which have a poor shade selection) were no where near light enough. Many others are scented - why put fragrance in something you have to put all over your face?

What I liked about the CG Clean MU: fragrance-free, didn't irritate my skin, great coverage (definitely medium coverage at least), fairly close colour match. What I didn't like: not great if your skin tends to be a bit dry as it has a matte finish, can look cakey if you're not careful, and you can't get this stuff out of the bottle! I gave the packaging 1 lippie, as other reviews are totally true, it's very thick and does not want to come out of that bottle. I had to use a q-tip to scoop product out of there.

I would repurchase in a pinch, as it's very inexpensive and it's adequate, but the lightest shade is very pink and not a true colour match for me. It oxidizes a little (not as bad as others I've tried). Not my favourite, but not the worst foundation either.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bronson3000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The packaging does stink, you end up wasting a lot of product because there's no way you can bang it all out of the stupid glass bottle.

It's funny reading the other reviews.. they all say this is a light, sheer coverage.. I don't really feel that way? I don't really have many blemishes to cover up but when I put this stuff on I feel like it's at least a medium coverage, I am smooth and sealed for sure. I must use more product than other people because I've even felt too cakey sometimes (usually only when I use extra and powder) but nothing that can't be fixed. I'm sure if you used a normal amount of it, it's probably sheer... what can I say, I love my makeup!

I have never found a line (drugstore or high end) of foundation which carries a color as nice on me as warm beige <3 ahh.. I love it so much I want to use it for my wedding, but the idea of a makeup-obsessed girl wearing 5 dollar foundation on her wedding just doesn't sit right haha.

This stuff blends easily and has pretty good staying power for a cheap brand, I'd say I can go at least 6 hours without worrying about touching it up, if I use more product and powder well I can go much longer than that.

It just makes my skin glow! Love it! And I've never had a problem with feeling like it was clogging my pores or breaking me out, which seems to be a trend with my skin and drugstore foundations.

Recommended, just wish they'd make it a squeeze bottle or something!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by FloofyCurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Light sheer coverage that goes on smooth with a foundation brush or sponge. I would recommend finishing it with powder for better coverage. The packaging made it SUPER hard to get out though. Have to bang it on my hand to get the product out. True to its name, it feels clean and light. Little bit of a chemical smell, but it's not too bad. All in all, a nice light, clean foundation for oily summer skin.