September 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

It is a good/ allright liquid eyeliner. I can see why people do like it as the tip is very precise and great at creating the ideal cat eye.

However, comparing it to Japanese/Asian eyeliners or the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner which tends to have a much better application, darker in colour, better pigmentation and does not smudge at all unlike the Maybelline one.

This eyeliner is not very long lasting and has a tendecy to smudge. After a number of applications you have to press down harder on the tip to refresh it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

This is one of my staples and has been in my to go makeup kit for a LONG Time. For me this is very easy to use because it's a thin pen and I have small hands. Sadly I find all this felt tip pens dry out rather quickly but this one seems to hold it's own for a decent amount of time. I store mine in a pencil cup tip down to keep end of liner saturated with product. The only eyeliner pen that I don't do that with is Milani and they tell you right on the package to store it on it's side.

The payoff for me is black and I like to use this to draw in my cat eyeline and then fill it in with gel. I also like the control you get with this. And the fact it's so thin and small if I have to go back in to touch up my line after applying falseys this does it without screwing up the rest of my makeup. I don't get the running as others have. Once it sets it's on. I have to work a bi to et this one off and end up using coconut oil to get he job done.

I will agree for a drugstore item the $$ you pay for this one is a little steep. But i use this product just about everyday so I can justify the price beause I ue it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by therealveal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after reading some good reviews and in hoping that it would replace my CG Lineblast (...which I thought was discontinued at the time. Thankfully, it is not!) I was so disappointed! I love the shape and size of the pen as well as the felt tip, but the amount of product that was dispensed bordered on insulting. New, right out of the packaging, I was trying to use what seemed like a dried-out, old, eyeliner pen. Like another reviewer pointed out, there's no way to get more product into the tip, so what was I to do?

I gleefully found that my HG liner isn't discontinued, bought one, and lived happily ever after.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

This is a pretty good liquid liner for drawing very thin lines right along your upper lash line. It's more difficult to do winged liner or a thicker eyeliner look with, but for a straightforward everyday look, it works well and doesn't smudge throughout the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by asoka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can see how people would like this, because the felt pen applicator is one of the easiest methods to apply liquid liner. I tried this because I've used Lancome's Art Liner (similar concept) for years, and I love it, but it's pricey. I had a coupon for Maybelline products and there was a drugstore sale so I got this for a steal. First thing I noticed was that while I could produce a nice thin line, the edges of the line blurred, and it bleeds into the small creases on my eyelid- it doesn't look sharp the way eyeliner should look. My second issue was the formula itself, which is a poor performer. I scribbled a little on the back of my hand and rubbed my finger over it applying moderate pressure, and it smeared everywhere. This is not waterproof, it acts like water color paints and turns into a black puddle with just the slightest amount of moisture. On top of all that, my brand new pen runs out of ink before I can even make it across my eyelid, forcing me to stop and press the tip to the back of my hand then go back to lining. Not only is this time consuming, but it makes me mess up my line, as I work in quick clean strokes. I threw this away, my eyes water from time to time and the way this pen behaves makes it near impossible to create a quick clean look. Maybelline's gel eyeliner is a real winner, up there with the best. This product, however, stinks and I would not recommend it at all since there are so many great alternatives out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

I'm on the hunt for my HG liquid eyeliner. I prefer ink pens like this one, and while I love the thin tapered point of this, the product overall leaves much to be desired. The liner from the get go is more of a soft black and after a few uses, the tip of the pen started to dry out. After only 2 months, I'm pitching mine in the trash because it no longer produces opaque crisp looks. The formula on my moderately oily lids, even with primer, begins to fade after a few hours and I have had a few instances of severe smudging when I try to line all the way to my inner tear duct. Too bad, since the pen itself is the perfect shape.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

Good stuff! It's the easiest to apply liquid liner I've used. The shape of the felt tip is great. My winged liner looks amazing! I like how dark black, inky, and smooth it is as well. My one complaint is that the tip runs out of ink in it while I'm using it and there's no way to make more come into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by margocho

Overall, it's worked pretty well. I love the precise thin edge that this eyeliner boasts and the opaqueness of the formula. It also doesn't smudge at all, but still comes off very easily by using water! Make up remover not necessary!

However, my complaint about the formula of the eyeliner is that it isn't very long lasting. Even with primer, this eyeliner wears thin after a few hours. Without primer, this eyeliner becomes very thin within half an hour on my oily eyelids.

Also, another thing to note about this product is that the fine point of the eyeliner appears to dry up quickly. After 4-5 uses of the eyeliner, I had to press down harder on the thick points of the liner to refresh the tip. Maybe that says something about the amount of product there is inside?

Definitely worth the ~$8 I paid for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by 26random5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is really easy to use and makes it a lot easier to apply eyeliner. I don't often buy maybelline products as I have heard they sometimes test there products on animals but as I bought this before I heard I mays we'll use it however because I don't believe in animal testing I won't be purchasing this product againšŸ˜¢

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupnoobie143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner would be great for beginners and makes drawing lines- whether thick or thin super easy! I also love the tip of the pen and the packaging, very sleek and effective. This is probably the biggest compliment I can give this mascara. The black pigmentation is decent and it does smudge a bit. I probably would repurchase.
note: I bought this for around 13$ AUD