Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Liner

3.5

on 11/29/2014 4:48:00 PM

I got this eyeliner with the intent to use it for a dance performance. I've been testing it out and I love how it goes on; the tip allows for precision (as the name suggest) and the pigmentation is a true black. After coming back from walking in the snow I find that the liner is slightly smudged, though this is expected as it is not a waterproof eyeliner. Overall I do like this product.

on 11/26/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just to get this out of the way, I have oily lids (as with the rest of my face), so one of the problems I face with this eyeliner is that by the end of the day, the top of my liner would stick/smudge on the top of my lid when I blink, depending on how thick I drew the liner that day.

Nevertheless, I would still buy this liner again. It's around $8 on sale, and regular $10. It's also a felt tip which I find a lot more easier to use when drawing your line. On the first use, it's very pigmented. It takes about a 2 months of daily use until it starts to dry out.

TIP: When you notice signs of drying/less ink, I recommend keeping the pen stored vertically, with the cap at the bottom. This is so that the ink runs down to the felt tip. Does this actually work? I don't know, but try it and you tell me. I think it does.

Overall, I'd buy this again and recommend it to people who want an easy time applying eyeliner.

on 11/20/2014 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Eh, I don't know why so many people rave about this eyeliner. I found it very underwhelming. It wasn't particularly pigmented, mine dried up reasonably quickly but most of all it just didn't last well on me. I tend to get teary occasionally especially outside if it's too windy or cold and this just smudged really badly. I think I might just continue using a gel liner instead.

on 11/18/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was recommended to purchase this product because it had a lot of good reviews on Youtube videos! I purchased it at my local CVS for only $8 which was a good price and the packaging was good. First time using this product, I would say that it's great! It's super pigmented and it allows me to do super crisps wings for my cat eyes due to the small tip. It dries really quickly which is also great. The only con about this item is that it smears a lot. I tend to have very watery eyes, so I was in class and I yawn and got teary eyed and next thing you know my eyeliner is smudged! Maybe it's just because it was my first time using this product but if I have anymore problems, I will update!

on 11/15/2014 12:22:00 PM

I bought this under the impression that it was a dupe for the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner which is my HG liquid eyeliner. Unfortunately it was not. It smudged on me in an office building with minimal physical exertion, even with eyeshadow and primer. The worst part of it all is that because it's somewhat water resistant, it was very difficult to clean off and left me with dark shadows / smears under my eye for the entire day.

Would not recommend.

on 10/26/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Still experimenting w this; I got it as a rec from a friend whose eyeliner always looks perfect. The top lash line no problems but forget doing the lower lashline or waterline. This draws pretty thin lines & is pretty black but the CG pen is better to me in some respects. I have tried 4 different liner pens: this, the CG, Black Radiance (returned!), & my fave out of the 4 which was Kat von D Trooper. This is over priced imo most Maybelline products are generally. But I like this & I would so repurchase.
Edit 7/24/15:
This dried up about 2 weeks after I got it! I stored it tip down too to keep the flow of gravity keeping the ink flowing. I'm experimenting w elf & Wetnwild liquid pens but I don't hold high hopes for those neither. Both of my KvD Trooper pens take a licking & keep on ticking! I only use liquid pens to make the outside lines for wings, I find eyeshadow kind of clogs the tip up. It seems like the tip absorbs the eyeshadows ESP if they are a JEP or cream type so to get the most mileage out of your pen store it tip down and only use it to neaten up your wings or maybe perhaps under your lower lashline. Dropped my rating to 1 lippie even though it pains me to write a negative review I felt this was such a waste I have no idea how people use these things & make them work for more than a couple of weeks! I need a traditional liquid liner with an ink well. Obsessing over MUFE Aqua liner :) needless to say I will not repurchase this!!!

on 10/21/2014 1:21:00 PM

By far my favorite eyeliner ever. I am generally not a drug store makeup user but by god I love this product. I've always been the tradition eyeliner pencil girl until now. This product goes on super smooth and extremely precise. You can create sleek super skinny lines or build it for a more dramatic look. I get 12 hours of solid use out of this liner without it budging. It does not get smudgy or get a dry look to it. And at it's price point you really can't beat it; I purchased it at ulta for 7.99. The only thing I can say is that it will not work on your lower water line, don't try it. I will be purchasing this product again, and I encourage others to give it a go as well!

on 10/19/2014 2:49:00 PM

my go-to eyeliner. about $10 at cvs. the packaging is excellent. a thick-to-thin felt marker tip. very good flow. i have the color black and its very pigmented and dark. does smudge a little bit.

on 10/8/2014 9:02:00 PM

This is amazing eyeliner except for one thing: it dries out pretty fast. Other than that this is one of the pest eyeliners ive ever used, and stays on pretty well.

on 10/3/2014 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this eyeliner.. oily lids girl this is the one for you! stays on all day! I would give it 6 out of 5 stars.. super great pigmentation... push up liner does not compare