Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Panther

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Wet n Wild shadows are by far my favorite brand of eyeshadows--more than MAC or Urban Decay. This goes on extremely pigmented and soft and I would't be lying if I told you that a quick tap is all you need for a bold outer v contour. I use this everyday together with Nutty and Brulee to line my lower lash line. The product is small enough to throw in your makeup bag but it contains enough product to really stretch the $1 pricetag. Definitely the most pigmented black eyeshadow out there, more intense than Mac Carbon or Urban Decay Blackout. A staple if you love your smokey eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the *perfect* matte black eye shadow! This has so many uses, all for $1-2 USD!
Panther is straight matte black, so can easily be used overtop of eye liner to make your e/l more matte or to give more depth, or just alone as an eyeliner in a pinch.
It can ofcourse be worn as a lid shade for a bold look, or can also be worn on just the outer third or outer "V" for a smokey eye. -The possibilities for a pigmented matte black eyeshadow like this are endless. I've also used this as a base for other smokey eye looks. For example, one that I do quite often is Panther all over the lid, then dust MAC Blue Black pigment (or the discontinued MAC Sunpepper pigment) all over -2 great night time eye looks!
IIRC, Pville has this eyeshadow listed as one of the "Best Values" & it definitely is.
WnW shadows *do* require a little TLC though, try not to drop the tiny compact or rough it around too much as these are very soft & lightweight, therefore breaking easily (luckily I've only had a breaking issue with a WnW Blush a while back and one WnW eyeshadow that I broke during a depotting session lol) -They do crumble quite easily though..
As far as the packaging, I kind of like the tiny compact packaging! I think that it's cute, and it makes it easy for travel and they're also easy to depot with heat. Generally speaking I usually dislike products with bulky packaging, so in my eyes, this is great :)
I think anyone that likes to do different eye shadow looks from day to day or with different outfits and/or seasons definitely needs Panther in their cosmetic stash -I highly recommend it to everyone, and I definitely plan to repurchase it myself :)

on 9/1/2012 6:02:00 PM

I bought this the other week and swatched it a few times, and was really impressed by the color and pigmentation for only being $2. I never had a chance to wear it because the eye shadow completely fell apart due to poor packaging. Very disappointing, but I may repurchase in the future and will hopefully have better luck.

on 8/5/2012 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

One of Wet 'n' Wild's best eyeshadows, which is saying a lot with their great offerings. Pigmented matte black that is great for smokey eye looks and setting eyeliner. Try it; for around two dollars you won't regret it.

on 8/5/2012 1:21:00 AM

This is THE most pigmented (black) eyeshadow I've come acorss --- and I got it for 3 dollars! Not expecting much, I just pressed very very lightly on top of the eyeshadow, and my finger was all black! The pigmentation is amazing and the staying power is great, and I barely paid anything for it! Love love love.

on 7/20/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The darkest black eyeshadow I've ever had. Carbon by MAC doesn't compare. This is 1.7 grams of product for around 2 $. MAC has 1.5 grams I believe for around 14.50$. BUY PANTHER BY WET N WILD! You won't regret it! I love doing winged eye liner with this, it's fool proof.

on 7/16/2012 10:51:00 PM

I found this at Rite-Aid for $1.25. This may just possibly be the best $1.25 I've spent on makeup, and I have a pretty big stash.

The black eyeshadows that I owned or still own are MAC Black Tied, Caron, Beauty Marked, Urban Decay Blackout from the Naked 2 palette, and Shu Uemura single eyeshadow in ME Black 990. This Wet n Wild one is a new addition. I must say that it's unquestionably the best out of the ones I own.

The pigmentation is fantastic, it's extremely blendable and buildable, and lasts all day with a primer. I've also tried to use it without a primer, and it only creased a tiny bit. I have oily lids and all eyeshadows without a primer creases like crazy. So I was pretty amazed by the fact that this one only creased a little. Also, the fall-outs during application is minimal. You won't get annoying black bits on your cheeks after doing a smokey eye with this. My favourite thing about this eyeshadow is that even with a very light layer, the color is a sheer BLACK. It doesn't show a blue undertone like almost all of my other eyeshadows when applied lightly. If you just keep on building the color, you'll get a very nice smokey look. No mess or fuss.

I'm absolutely in love with this eyeshadow. I have nothing more to ask in terms of quality. My only complaint is the packaging. It comes in a plastic little case with a clear plastic lid. Sometimes it can be hard to open and I'm kind of afraid of breaking off the lid if I use too much force.

This is an awesome eyeshadow. I use it to line my eyes and to smoke out the outer corners. Very pigmented and only minimal fall out if any.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great basic black matte eyeshadow. I use this on my waterline to set my gel liner... works like a charm. Very, very pigmented for a very good price. Packaging is a little hard to open... most WnW stuff is.

on 6/20/2012 7:07:00 PM

Great quality and dirt cheap. What more could a girl ask for? Well.. the packaging. I don't mind that the packaging isn't fancy and expensive looking, but I DO mind that the lid is near impossible to open. It's strange because I have other WnW single e/s with the exact same packaging and I never had problems with those. I ended up depotting it after two days. Maybe that was just the one I got though.
Otherwise, the quality is great. Wonderful basic matte black (I saw some clear shimmer in the pan, but it looks totally matte to me once applied). Very nicely pigmented on its own, looks decently black after just 2-3 swipes on bare skin (very black over primer/base of course) Goes on smooth and not patchy, no problems with blending, easily built up. It does have some fallout upon applying but that seems pretty usual with matte black eyeshadows. My favorite matte black e/s as of date. I highly recommend giving this a try... you can't go wrong for $2.